Complaints & Reviews

repeat billing errors!

I've been a Dish Network customer since August of 2007, and my bills have been wrong every single month. I signed an 18-month contract with Dish Network, which included an advertised promotional rate of $10 off for 10 months. But the $10 credit is never on the bills. So each month I call Dish and write letters disputing the charges. On the phone, their customer service reps agree with me that I should have received the rebate. They promise that the problem will be corrected on my next statement, but it never happens. To date, I've never received the promised $10 off per month.

I believe that Dish Network purposely advertised a great promotion to get people like me to sign up, but never had any intention of honoring the advertised rate. I believe they knew the average person would give up after a few complaint phone calls. Think about it, who is going to sue them over $100? If I were you, I would think twice about doing business with Dish Network. You can't believe anything they say, even if it is in a written contract.

• Di
    dishplaintiff Mar 03, 2010

Agreed. If they can rip you off with increased charges of $100 or so, they think you will not go to small claims court, or organize a class action lawsuit.
    I am working on both right now.
    Reading several hundred of these complaints makes me feel like we might have a chance in the courts against the lack of integrity of Dish Network.
    Let's see if the spirit of the law survives over the letter of the law.

$5 monthly fee because i do not have a telephone line connected to my television

Noticing a $5 charge on my bundled bill I called Dish Network to discover that if I did not have my television connected to a telephone line there would be a $5 charge

Connecting to a telephone line would enable me to order movies on line which I do not want to do. This seems to insure income for Dish Network lost because I do not want to order movies on line. Legal Theft?

mark Apr 09, 2008

**** WARNING TO NEW DISH NETWORK CUSTOMERS *****
    **** $5 fee monthly fee for not connecting to the phone line. ****
    I am new to the Dish Network and am very disappointment when the $5 fee appear on my monthly bill for not connecting the receiver to my telephone line. Prior to getting the service from Dish Network, I had gone online to get the quote. The quote I got online did not show the $5 fee for not connecting to the phone line. The Dish Network is very deceptive. Why does the receiver has to be connected to the phone line and why do the customers have to pay $5 monthly fee for not connecting to the line? Are they uploading the channels I wathced to their site so they can sell this information to the advertising agencies or other agencies? When I asked them this question, they said no. Can someone confirm that they are actually not uploading the information?

If you plan to get the service from Dish Network, I advised you not to get it from them. Get it from their competitors. I am planning to cancel the service.

contract rip-off

I had initially signed up with Dish network for dish service, I had ordered the dish installation through AllSat a dish network retailer. When I signed up with Dish network the only paper that I signed was a 18 contract agreement with Dish network which clearly stated the early termination policy. I never signed any agreement with AllSat and AllSat never mentioned that there is a $295.00 early termination fee assessed by AllSat. Now when I wanted to terminate my service I was okay with paying the early termination fee from Dish Network as I had signed a contract with them. But AllSat is also charging me a early termination fee which I was never told about. What can I do.

• To
    Todd Mar 04, 2008

There are several states already filing class action suits against AllSat and Dish Network.

Contact your state's Atty General.

added charges!

I think that the Federal communications or attorney general should do an investigation on Dishnet. Like so many others complaints I have seen since I signed up for Dishnet. I too got ripped off big time! When I signed up I was told I could buy the local channels for $8 but found out the news was not local but clear across the country which I have no use for. Then I was never told if you don't have a land phone I would be charged an additional $5. The entire package I thought included the recievers and anything for a price of $49, and was to get a premium channel free for three months. Then they charged me for it for the three months stating they would remove it by the end of that time. Guess what? That never happened! The bill was every month $89! Then when I said enough and took off the premium "free" channel it did go down to $60 but now they claim they are allowed to raise it even though we were to have the same price until 10 months! I canceled after 7 months and they said they were going to take $150 out of my bank account for the remainder of the contract! I told them no they were not and put a stop check on them at the bank. The bank said it wasn't authorized by me so they have no right to take out of the account!

They lied about everything from the beginning! They asked me to have someone go up on the roof and get the little binocular looking thing from the dish and send it back! So I guess I will charge them You got it $150 to do their work!!! Why should I have to retrieve there parts from the dish???

Ripped off one more time in Ohio!

BandanaMomma Jan 04, 2011

They are a rip off. I referred two people and did not get my fifty dollar referral for each. Now they are sending me bigger bill then I'm suppose to pay. There has to be a way to get out of the contract without paying. How can we fight this and who can we contact ?

BandanaMomma Jan 04, 2011

To the person above, I did not have a phone line and was not charged for not having it, so they must be making their own riles for different people. WE ALL SHOULD FIGHT DISHNET SO THEY CANNOT RIP US OR OTHERS OFF ANYMORE. I am trying to find a way to get out of my contract which is 315.00, AT&T said they would pay 150.00 for me to switch but then I would still have a balance with dishnet.

BandanaMomma Jan 04, 2011

In Illinois they leave the dish on the roof and when you move you get a new one and no charge. I know because I have a two year contract with them and move and they put up a new one and said no charge for the dish on the roof, So they are trying to rip you off. I wish I can get out of this contract. The customer service is the worst and they BS you.

fraudulent charges!

We had a bad receiver they told us to ship it back and they sent us a new one, this was in Dec 2007, then in...

dish network has some serious issues to resolve

I have had many problems with Dish Network since signing up with them in January of 07. The Installation Tech had come out 3 times before the installation was complete (causing 3 missed days at work). Then when I signed the papers he gave me, I was not informed that I was signing an 18 month contract with a hefty cancellation fee, as well as permission to access my bank account at any time for any amount. I typically do not sign up for automatic deductions from my account.

The first thing that went wrong was I was late on my bill - they disconnected me and I was charged $180.00 cancellation fee. I was pretty surprised, and I got it straightened out. Dish Net got paid and everyone was happy, except me due to the overdraft fees on my account.

The next time we had a problem, I had been in the hospital and could not pay all of my bill (I had an outstanding balance of $12.00). The service had already been disconnected, and I called to make payment arrangements (which were accepted) The day before I was due to make that payment and restore my service, they took $120.00 cancellation fee out of my $50.00 bank account, overdrawing it again, and costing me more money in fees. I covered it the next day, and figured it was a small price to pay to be rid of Dish Net (there had been several service issues) but then they hit me for $400.00 more in equipment fees (apparently to avoid them you have to call specifically to ask for boxes). Which in the two hours I spent on the phone with them two days prior when they charged me the cancellation fee, no one told me about the equipment fee. My bad, though, it was in those papers I signed, somewhere in there.

They got me signed back up, refunded the money they took, and for I believe it was $49.00 got it turned back on. They did not give credit for all the overdraft fees I incurred when they took those fees out. I had to take care of all that without so much as an apology. What I didn't know is they recorded it as if I signed back up for another 18 month contract. I hopefully got that handled today when I found out. I never signed anything of the sort, and I will not be bound by it.

Now, the problem has been loss of service. I've been paying the bill on time and the service has been out about 50% of the time since before Christmas. I called today again, because it had been out for over 2 days. It does this all the time. Around Christmas it was out for a week! I called to try to get a credit on my account for the time that it's been without service. They don't believe me because I didn't call every time my service went out. I don't have time to be on the phone for an hour running tests that I've already run myself every two days. I have a family and a job and a very busy life. There is a screen in the system which tells how long it's been without service, but they can't go by that information, only by when I've called. So, they don't want to credit my account even though this has taken so much of my time, and been such an inconvenience, and I've only received half of the service I am expected to pay for.

Not to mention - the problem is their equipment is faulty and they are going to charge me at least $99.00 to come fix their switch. Although each time I have called, they've tried to explain it as something with the weather, the hook-up, something that has nothing to do with the faulty switch that is actually causing the problem.

What can I do? If I try to leave them, they'll hit my bank account so hard I'll never forget it!

• Va
    Valerie Burke Mar 05, 2008

I feel your pain. I am in Dish Network Hell trying to get them to fix an account problem --it has become a very time consuming and frustrating issue. I have spoken with 6? reps now, including two "supervisors". They are threatening to charge me for a receiver that I haven't "returned" (I returned it in January). I just received another return box from them today... never requested that! I am on hold now... hopefully with someone with some initiative and who speaks English. I know, hope springs eternal.

• Mo
    mohamed Mar 30, 2008

My position very difficult to please you rent me work.

• Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Service. I have reviewed the previous posts and I would like to help. I would like to first apologize for any bad experience you may have had. We do take your feed back very seriously and continue to strive for excellence when assisting potential and existing customers alike. I would like to reassure you that when an account is disconnected we ship out return shipping labels to address on the account for the return of any leased equipment.

If you would like any additional information on this process or anything else, please feel free to let us know.

double charge (billing) and rude support!

I just got charged TWICE a big amount of my bill. My bill is still outstanding on their stupid website and I got charged twice, plus they told me it will take 7 to 10 BUSINESS DAYS to get a refund. After I asked for a supervisor, some kind of rude dog talked to me asking not to interrupt him while he was the first who interrupted me. He told me that I pressed the pay button twice while I never do that, because I'm a professional webmaster. I'm sure I did NOT press their stupid button twice.

Guess what, now Dish Network blocked me from reaching their customer service. When I call them, the line goes silent and then nothing. So I'm even unable to get my money back. Finally I found a different number (1-888 instead of 1-800) and the girl who identified herself to me as "Angel" she told me they refunded the extra charge (Dish tried to overcharge me twice and that's an apparent scam/fraud by Dish!) and that it will take 7 to BUSINESS days for me to get the money back! That's way too long. I asked her why they charged me 5 times bigger fee than the phone rep. told me before, but she hung up on me. I was hung up on by Dish Nerdwork SOOO MANY TIMES, that this is my last time I deal with them...

I quit and will never use dishnetwork again. I'm going to get cable. Finally I will be able to get the local weather and no more daily disconnections and monthly attempts of adding some unauthorized fees to my account.

• Br
    Brenda May 12, 2008

I signed up with Dish Network later part of 2007, since the increase of high gas prices, food prices, etc., I can no longer afford to keep my service. My service was disrupted, which was okay, until a few weeks later, I learned from my Credit Union who I bank with that they had not one charge but numerous charges applied (unauthorized charges) to my bank card. Luckily, a red flag went up and the bank did not approve them.
    The only way I feel I can alleviate future charges will be to block this card, and get a another card. Consumers if you signed a contract with them, please, keep an eye on your bank statement. This company will try to deduct unnessesary charges!!!

• Sh
    Shlomowitz Nov 18, 2008

ASDIS Software AG asdis.com are dishonest business. They don't pay for services.

fraudulent charges!

Dishnetwork and their fraudulent activities must be confronted and every consumer affected by this horrific company must stand there ground and defend themselves. I have done many web searches to discover overwhelmingly that I am one and hundreds that have been defrauded by this company and I will not rest until justice prevails.

My ordeal began in November of 06 when I terminated services after many years with dish. Once I terminated services, I was told that boxes would be sent for me to return the equipment. After a month, still no boxes, so I phoned on several other occasions and the boxes were finally sent to me. I immediately wen to fed ex and returned every receiver and remote in my possession. About a month later, I received a bill for about 175.00, of which 75.00 I did owe, but, amazingly they were trying to say that I did not return one of the receivers--a lie, after I called and called and called and after them trying to say that the charge was for an outside piece on the receiver, etc., they finally agreed that i only owed 75.00-Okay-- I wanted the charge credited and a final bill sent to me. They kept giving me the run around, first they said I had to pay the whole bill and they would credit me (crazy) and so on. I got so frustrated and tired of calling till about several months later, around Oc.t of 07, I went ahead and sent a check for the 75.00 and wrote a long letter explaining what the deal was and asking for the 100 credit. Okay, I never heard anything else from them until, low and behold in November 07 I noticed a 100 deduction from dish network from my checking account-UNAUTHORIZED I MIGHT ADD-- I called and called and called restating my story each time to hear oh the check is in the mail, etc., oh the refund was rejected, etc. TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY MONEY!!! I am currently discussing the issue with state and government authorities and have contacted a lawyer as well. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE AGAINST THESE FRAUDS AND CHEATS!!! I ALSO NOTICE THAT EVERY TIME I CALL I END UP REPEATEDLY DISCUSSING MY ORDEAL---WELL ONE THING IS FOR SURE--I WILL NOT GIVE UP ! I WILL GET MY MONEY, AND ONE DAY DISH WILL HAVE TO ANTE UP TO ALL THE CONSUMERS THEY HAVE DEFRAUDED.

Jared Heath Feb 06, 2008

I have a similar problem with dish network. I was not able to pay my bill due to unfortunate circumstances. I cancelled the account, still owing a bill of 175.00. I discovered over the last 6 days 6 charges from dish network on my account.... UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. The charges are 200.00, 259.00, 61.75, 2.00, 2.00, 2.00.

I have called dish network many many times, with no results. Oh and did I mention, none of this was applied to my bill of 175.00???? Yeah, they say I still owe that. I have been trying to find a number for their corporate offices, but nobody seems to have that number, all they can give me is an address.

The CSR's are telling me that the charges are for equipment which was unreturned. Well, I was never given an opportunity to return the equipment, which I would be glad to do, but after many requests, still no box to return the equipment. They said I signed a customer agreement which authorized them to charge my debit card. I beg to differ. When the tech came out to install the equipment, he gave me a WORK ORDER to sign, said it allowed him to drill holes and hang the dish and what not. If that was their customer agreement, allowing them to charge my account?? THEY MISREPRESENTED THEMSELVES IN A CONTRACT THEN. I have filed all these charges with my bank as fraudulent charges, I have also listed my debit cards as "Hot Cars". They will not be able to take any more off my debit card. And I will continue to fight with this company until I get adequate results. Thanks for listening

early cancellation fee!

In December 2006, I moved into a new home. I had always been a loyal Comcast Cable subscriber. But, at my...

recordings are being set by others

While we are gone, someone is setting our channels to
to Spanish channels and setting the DVR to record Spanish events. I have complained to Dishnet about this and the best they can do is tell me how to delete the events, which I already know. I want the events to NOT be recorded or accessed from my receiver. We are 2 senior citizens and the only 2 to occupy this house and pay for the dishnet programming and receiver.

• Le
    Lenore Mar 03, 2008

I am so upset with DISHNet right now, I want to quit, but am locked into a contract. Somehow they changed the way the dvr schedule works with no warning. It will change what I want to record...it over-rides my choices at any given moment! It has a priority something or another that makes no sense to me at all. It was just great the way it was. I have complained but to no avail. Also, beware, if after 90 days anything at all goes wrong with their system or products... too bad, you pay for the fix! I will never contract with them ever again. Big mistake!

unauthorized charges!

Dish network promises one thing and delivers another. they promise rebates they do not give, they promise...

dish network tricked me

I responded to an ad for a Dish Network package at the rate of $42.99 + $5.00 for local channels. When the installer was finished with the 6 hour installation, he asked me for a phone line to plug into the box. I explained that I did not have a land line phone ( I use my cell phone only). He then told me that it was going to cost an extra $5.00 per receiver. When I called Dish Network I was informed that my monthly charges were $75.00. Turns out they are charging additional fees no phone lines, having dvr revievers and even more because my particular dvrs record more than 100 hours. I wasn't told about any of this. They claim that it was all in the agreement that I signed, however, they did not leave me a copy so I have no way of knowing. If it was there, it was in very small print. I had Dish Network installed just 48 hrs ago and they have no interest in helping me. The account specialist I spoke with laughed at me, told me to make sure I bring a copy of the agreement with me when I go to court to file my suit and then flatly refused to allow me to speak with a Supervisor. If you are thinking of doing business with any satellite company, BEWARE!!! There is no cancellation period. These guys have no obligation to make me happy at all!!!!

• Ta
    tammi hillman Jun 07, 2010

i had sent my bill late, and i had called to let them know, that it would b late, i was told to call on sat.the 5th and ask for an extension, i did that and then today (6-7-10) my service has been terminated.this is not fare on my part.i was told to call in on sat, to prevent this from happening, so i did, and i am still with out tv servicewat do u intend to do about it?

• David,
    My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I saw your post. As a new customer, you get $15.00 credit off your programming for the first year. If you have HBO/Showtime, you will also get $24.00 credit for 3 months. Also, we no longer have the $5.00 charge for not having a phone line connected to your receiver. It is possible when you spoke with the customer service rep, he or she did not quote you the credits that should be applied to your account. Depending on the number of receivers installed, there is additional monthly charges for any additional receivers. I would call back and have the customer service rep give you a break down of the monthly charges with the credits. If you need more information on this matter you can contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

Ray Calo

beware!

BEWARE!! I have dealt with many companies in my lifetime, but without a doubt this is the worst experience I have ever had. I should have known when the set-up of satellite TV and internet took 2 hours. Every time I have contacted anyone with this company I have been hung up on at least once and sometimes twice. Customer service at this company SUCKS. Now I am being told that I cannot cancel service without paying a penalty. I can take it down to a bare minimum but cannot cancel. In other words I will be paying for something that I will never use again in my lifetime. Not only that but every time the wind blows the transmission is interrupted. Do they compensate the customer for the outage? NO! And their affiliate that installed the satellite for the internet is even worse. BLUESKY is even worse. They tell me I have to keep paying the regular monthly charge for something I am no longer using. All of this happened because at the time it was the only company available in the area unless I wanted to fork over $400.00 to install Direct TV. As it stands I gave them $199.95 at set-up and have been getting grief since. I told the last person I talked to that I wanted a copy of the "contract". I probably will not get it anytime soon. So please beware, if I had read some of the complaints for this company I would not be writing this now.

dish steals your money - beware!

I had Dish Network as part of a bundled package with Sprint-Embarq. I called to cancel my account and was told that boxes and shipping labels would be mailed to me. Two weeks later, nothing had come, but I discovered that Dish had debited $58 from my checking account. At the time I only had $20 left (I am disabled on Social Security). They had overdrawn my account. I called various times and someone told me my money would be refunded, but I should hurry and send the boxes back. Six days after that conversation, when my Social Security check came in, Dish withdrew $600 from my account, the value of the equipment. I called, sent e-mails, faxes, left messages, everything.. today is one week later, UPS confirmed that Dish did receive all the boxes, and I am still here with no money at all. My account is overdrawn. I have no money for food, gas or medicinesl. My husband is also disabled with a kidney transplant, very sick, and I have no money for his refills. Dish Network is doing this to many customers. I never gave them my bank information. I never paid them directly. They got this information from Embarq, my phone company. My contract with Dish did NOT state they could do this. The manner in which they withdraw money from your account is, first a debit of $2, then a debit of say, $58, or $69, something small and easy to miss. They will repeat this over the course of 2 or 3 days until they have taken what they feel is the fair cost of their equipment. It is impossible to put a stop payment on their transactions because they are never the same amount. Your only recourse is to cancel your card or your entire account, and open a new one. They have put my husband's health in jeopardy with no regard whatsoever. We have no money and no one to turn to. They will do this to you too. This is not an exaggeration. If anyone reads this who can help, please e-mail me. 11/14/07

• Sp
    s polzin Jul 20, 2015

I agree. I had dish shut off 1 1/2 years ago. I had used auto pay . I had not used the acct for 2 years except for dish, for 6 months, and Netflix. I get a call today from my bank saying I'm overdrawn and have overdraw charges. I knew that was impossible. I looked online and dish had reactivated my acct without my knowledge and have charged $500 over the last 3 months . I called and they said to bad I only paused my acct they said read the fine print. I had called and told them to shut it off and never heard another thing from them. I thought it was a done deal. now with bank charges I have over 600 because they didn't do as I told them. I had dish for over 20 years. this is how they treat customers.

disconnecting service!

It took 6 calls over a period of 8 days to finally disconnect my service. After all was said and done, I still have to pay for two days service because of poor advice from derrick, operator number bgr. I "thought" that I had disconnected service on 10/30/07, effective 11/05/07, but that was not the case. I received no confirmation # so I was at their mercy for them to do what I requested. (I have been a customer for over 4 years!) I called back to dish today (11/07/07) to verify that my service was terminated, which it was not. It took 5 calls because I was disconnected 4 times! I will never use or recommend dish to anyone!

• Ro
    Ronald Conover Sep 22, 2008

I tried phoning to disconnect by Sept. 30, 2008. We can no longer afford this bill each month. We are retired and living on a fixed income. Please do so by the end of Sept. As I am no longer sending a payment to you. Please have your agent disconnect us. Thank you. We have enjoyed the Dish network, but other things must be purchased instead. Sandra Conover 1737 Hwy. 24, Coatsburg, Il. 62325

dissatified customer

9/28/07 – Opened Dish Network bill and it was $389.44, $300. showed as Equipment Fee

9/28/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Mark (language barrier) and he said the charge was for a receiver that was replaced in my residence in July. I told him that I did not have possession of this receiver and why was I being charged? Mark hung up on me.

9/28/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Sidney, and told him that I needed to get my bill straightened out and the previous technician had hung up on me, he apologized. I gave Sidney the Technicians name (Kevin), and Tech # (6144) and he said that he would sent the information to upper management.

10/1/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Alissia, I explained once again that the $300.00 charge was not mine and the equipment was removed from my residence on 7/14/07 and I needed this matter resolved, she took my cell phone # and said I would receive a call in 24/48 hours.

10/3/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Jackie, she claimed that she had just started working there and would try to get a hold of a Supervisor, I was put on hold for quite some time, then she got back on the phone and said that she was speaking with a Supervisor and put me on hold again, then the line went dead.

10/3/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Paula, I again explained the situation, and she said she would add more notes to my account, and to be patient, it may take a few days, she advised me to call back again on Friday 10/5/07.

10/5/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Amber, I again explained what was going on, and she apologized and promised that a Technician would call me on Saturday 10/6/07.

10/6/07 – No Call from Dish Network

10/8/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Carol, she said that Management notes said that the receiver that I was being charged for was on its way in, and do not charge the customer for the receiver. Carol said she adjusted my account and it would be 24 to 48 hours before it would be approved.

10/10/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Maria, I needed to check the status of my account and the $300 that they were saying was going to be withdrawn from my account. Maria said that the charges will be reversed and the $300 will not be charged to my account.

10/10/07 – Called CFCU, spoke with Sally, I briefly explained my dilemma and she said to stop by a branch and fill out an Amount Dispute Form

10/11/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Yvette, yet again explained the situation and was getting rather annoyed that this was taking so much of my time and effort. She said that she sees a note on my account that $300 will be applied to my card. I was put on hold for approx. 30 minutes, then she came back on the line and verified that it was removed from my account today (10/11/07)

This payment is scheduled to be withdrawn on 10/12/07

10/12/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Shane, he said that the account still showed that $389.44 was to be withdrawn today.

10/12 & 10/13/07 – I watched my account and nothing was withdrawn

10/14/07 - $389.44 was withdrawn from my account by Dish Network

10/15/07 – Called Dish Network, and spoke with Michelle, I was NOT happy, I explained that Dish Network has now lied to me countless times and she said that she will correct it, it will be sent to management and it would now take 7 to 10 business days to post to my account. I told Michelle the names and dates of when Dish Network employees also promised me the same, and that I was no longer going to use Dish Network once this matter gets resolved, she said that there was a note on my account from 10/10/07 that the $300 credit was disapproved. I was so furious, that I hung up on them.

10/15/07 – Went to CFCU and filled out a Written Statement Under the Penalty of Perjury.

10/15/07 – Contacted the NYS Consumer Protection board and filled out a complaint online

10/15/07 – Filled out an Online complaint to Dish Network

10/17/07 – Received a letter from the NYS Consumer Protection Board, they sent a letter to the Dish Network Dispute Resolution Team

10/24/07 – Called Dish Network, and the automated billing said that I have a credit of $258.00, I immediately needed to talk to a person…, spoke with Sam, I told her briefly about the situation, she put me on hold while she looked at all the information, then she said that the $258 credit was because they were taking out for the October billing cycle, and I told her that in NO WAY should they be doing that. That was my $300 and I want it back into my account, and that they were not going to be using it to apply it to my account each month, Sam apologized and said that $300 would be put into my account in 3 to 5 business days, I told her that I have already contacted the NYS Consumer Protection Board, and as soon as I was done with this matter, I would be getting rid of Dish Network, she again apologized, I hung up.

10/26/07 – Called Dish Network and canceled my automatic payment.

10/29/07 – Received a voicemail from Scott at Dish Network, and he said for me to call him in regards to a complaint that I filed with the Consumer Protection Board. I called Scott back at [protected] and I explained my exhausted efforts to resolve this matter with Dish Network, and he said that he understood. I made it VERY clear that they need to put the $300 back into my bank account, and that it was very unfair of them to try to apply the money as credit to my account. He said that he would adjust the $258 to $300 and that it would be in my bank account on Friday 11/2/04, and if it was not, then to call him back. I said that I will call back first thing on Monday 11/5/07 if the money is not there. He said that if this caused any type of fees from the bank, and that I could prove it, then Dish Network would cover these charges. I said that there are none that I know of, just that $300 of my money was missing, and that I have spent countless hours trying to resolve a problem that they created. He said that Dish Network will credit my bill for 1 month of free service for my time spent on this matter.

• Th
    Thomas Holderness Nov 14, 2014

Company advertised and promised to deliver CNN and other networks. They have since cancelled them.

• Li
    Linda Ray Edwards Dec 21, 2014

Dish has announced on my tv service that my FOX news channels have been cancelled by FOX. Why? There was no real explanation given.
    FOX news are the only news channels I want to watch. I am paying for a lot of stuff I don't want or need such as: 10 to 20 sports
    channels I never watch, Aljezeer channel which I want taken off my list immediately. 6-8 spanish-speaking channels ( I don't
    now, nor do I ever intend to learn spanish.) I took Latin in HS and used that more in the medical field than I would ever use spanish.

I am a retired RN on SS who feels that I should have more choice in my list. With less than 4 mos. left on my contract I
    will most certainly be looking for another provider.

• Pe
    Pete Chal Dec 28, 2014

In the past year, Dish has removed local NBC (for 6 weeks), CNN (for a month), Fox News (still out), and now local CBS & Fox (1 week and counting). They always blame the other guy - not their fault. I complained about the CNN loss and demanded compensation. They offered $5 a month for 3 months - big f'ing deal. Getting ready to switch to Direct who does not have a good reputation either. Unfortunately, we live in the country and don't have access to cable and can't pick up locals with an antenna. We're stuck

no rebate for 6 month!

Six months and still not able to resolve as issue with Dish Network. A user of Dish Network for several years I chose to upgrade to HD because of a $100 dollar rebate offer. I explained to the customer service person that was the reason I was upgrading. They did not offer a lot of HD programming at the time but for the rebate I would go ahead and upgrade. The CS person said she would set me up with everything I would need for the rebate. I had to wait for the first bill to complete my rebate form and I made sure everything was filled out correctly and mailed it off in plenty of time. A short while later I get a letter stating I am not eligible for the rebate. "You do not meet the program qualification required for the offer". So I check and yes I do have the programming necessary for the offer. I have spent 6 months talking to people and to three different secondary people that have assured me that they can get me the rebate. Each month I get a bill and no rebate. I am sick and tired of the run around and I would certainly not recommend Dish Network to anyone. The bill dated Feb., 14 2007 shows DishHD Gold w/Locals 74.99 under "Partial Charges" and not on any bill since.

just try leaving them

I never had any problems with Dish Network until I decided to leave their service and switch to a bundle package from my local cable provider that gave me broadband, telephone and cable tv service for one price on one bill. When I called to cancel my service (I had no contract with Dish Network so I was free to cancel at any time) the representative insisted that I stay a Dish customer for another 30 days while I tried out the cable service and then call them back to cancel. I ended up loving my new service and when I called to cancel the Dish service I was on the line over a half hour listening to sales pitches and listening to their customer service rep tell me how much I would hate cable service. After I finally got the rep to agree to cancel my account I hung up the phone and then the phone calls from Dish Network started coming. They call EVERY DAY as many as twenty times a day and as many as FIVE TIMES IN ONE HOUR begging me to come back to Dish Network. I wouldn't believe a company the size of Dish Network would act this way but just google "dish network telemarketing" or the number [protected] and you will see what I mean. This is their standard method of operation. They have harassed me to the point that I am considering having my number changed. I have asked them not to call, I am on their "no call" list and I am on the national no call list but STILL THEY CALL. This seems to be happening to everyone who leaves Dish Network. It is unbelievable. Stay away from them.

• Su
    Susan Vand Dec 07, 2007

DISH has been terrible to me... I am not looking forward to canceling, which I'm about ready to do. I have a suggestion which may help with their incessant calling... if you have a computer and it allows you to manually select "answer this as a fax call", you can do that. Then their equipment thinks your number is a fax number. This worked for me with another company which harassed me constantly (I never had even been a customer, and was on the national do not call list). I answered it, they got the fax tone, and they never called again!

• De
    Deb Marts Feb 09, 2008

I am having the same problem with Dishnetwork. I left them and am now being harassed by constant phone calls. I called them and told them if they don't stop calling I am contacting a lawyer and filing a suit for harassment. Getting 5 calls in 4 hours every day. I will sue if they don't stop. I left them because I needed hight speed internet and also because they called constantly when you are a customer also.

I am also on the "no call list" and also called them and put myself on their list and nothing helps.

If they do not stop I will contact the BBB, attorney general of Pa, and also my lawyer.

improper wiring of home

On 10/5/07 dish network installed the units in our home. I specifically advised that I wanted their DVR service in my bedroom and living room, which is what I had with cable. Two days later, I attempted to use the dvr in the bedroom, but it was not active. A technician came out and advised that because of the way that the dish wiring was installed, the cost to rewire my home would have to come out of my pocket, yet they had done the wiring. I recalled Dish network, and was advised by Ann, that I could now purchase another 722 dvr from them for $300 and then receive a $100 rebate.

debitting double payment and rude custormer service

On 10/01/2017 my bank account was debbitted $286.30 when my bill was only $143.15. I called and asked why my...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices