DirecTVmlb dodgers/cardinals baseball game blacked out when I pay to watch them.

On August 7, 2019, I sat down to watch the Dodger game that I pay for (I have the MLB Extra Innings package), but I could not find it on any channel. When I called, I was told that it was blacked out on TV but that I could watch it for free on YouTube. I was not happy about this as I pay to watch it on TV. My TV screen is big; my computer screen in another room is small. My sofa is comfortable; my computer chair is not. The game kept being buffered on my computer which was very irritating. I pay to see the Dodger games on my television, not to watch them for free on YouTube. I spent an hour on the phone trying to get this resolved and missed the first three innings of the game. I don't believe I was informed that some of the Dodger games would be blacked out on TV when I signed up for MLB. I AM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

K2
Aug 07, 2019

Comments

Aug 14, 2019

Blackout restrictions are enacted by the teams, leagues, and channel owners. No provider has control over them. Are you in the LA market? If so, you probably are blacked out due to their home channel. EI does not cover in market games either. So if either team was in your market, you wouldn’t qualify with that.