Direct Energy — harrassing phone call
We recently switched to a green provider after several years as a customer of Direct Energy. In that time we paid all of our bills and were good customers. Over the weekend we received a phone call from an auto-dialer asking us to call some 800# without identifying who it was from, so we didn't call back. Yesterday we got our final bill from Direct Energy saying that we had to pay it by 09/22 or it would go to collections. So I mailed the payment. Today my husband gets a phone call threatening collections on the bill that isn't even due yet. The discussion did get heated and I won't even go into the details, but the two people he spoke to from their final billing department were rude and didn't care that we already paid. I have never been harrassed for not paying a bill before we receive it!
No matter what happens with our next provider we will never go back to Direct Energy and we will be sharing our experience with anyone that will listen. This is just outrageous that customers in good standing would be treated that way.
More Direct Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Energy - negative option contract renewal!
- Direct Energy - fraud and cheating!
- Direct Energy - billing
- Direct Energy - things we should know as customers before signing with direct energy for natural gas
- Mr Tankless / Ontario Direct Energy - owner
- Direct Energy - contract and fees
- Direct Energy - energy contract
- Direct Energy - overbilling
- Direct Energy - natural gas
- Direct Energy - protection scam plan