Direct Energyfraud

M

My wife and I have been put through the ringer by Direct Energy. A few months ago we noticed on our Enbridge Bill that we had charges from Direct Energy for a Water Heater. We have never signed a contract with Direct Energy and already have a water heater from another company. We decided to contact Enbridge to rectify the problem but were redirected to Direct Energy. What ensued was a series of phone calls in which we were kept on hold for hours or were told that we would receive a call back but none came. Finally after 5 hours of wasted time we agreed to have one of their ‘techs’ come in to actually see that we don’t have one of their water heaters. He came to our house and verified this. We thought that it would be over after this but the next month we got another bill from Enbridge with charges from Direct Energy. We contacted Direct Energy again and after several calls and after being put on hold for several hours we were told that since the original tech forgot to put in notes that the water heater was not from Direct Energy we would have to have yet another tech come into our home (wait 4 hours for this) to verify again. At this point I realized that they were giving us the run-around. I decided to contact the Police and they told me that there have been a lot of complaints but that there was nothing they could do since this was a Civil matter. They basically said to ignore the Bills from Direct Energy and if they go into collections and they start harassing us then we could call the Police. The problem is that Enbridge has the power to turn off our gas if we don’t pay ... Could you please help?

There seems to be something very wrong if a company like this is allowed to continue doing ‘business’. I think what is needed is a class action lawsuit large enough to put them completely out of business. If there are any lawyers out there that would like to get involved I can set up a website and we can start signing people up for a class action lawsuit. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com.

joetoronto Jun 20, 2012

How did it go with this, any luck battling the bully known as Direct Energy?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices