DHL — outright corruption
My brother recently posted 90 DVD'S which was his personal collection from the UK to Suriname as he was emigrating here.
Total cost was 68 GBP ($135) Personal used items do not carry an import tax burden as I and many friends know having imported many personal items in the past. The DHL guy turns up at my house in his personal vehicle in the evening demanding $900 import tax! After being told to whistle he then managed to "get us a discount" - $450. We agreed thinking we would pay and then send the items back out the country and claim the tax back. No chance he turned up with the box without a single piece of paperwork! He was then sent away to get the paperwork and upon return arrived with a handwritten scrawl on an unofficial piece of paper. He then admitted that there is no official import tax on the item and that "people have to eat" and so we will have to pay! Calling the local office we were told that it is a customs issue and that is Suriname but when challenged that if that was the case we would have to clear the items ourselves and would get official documentation ( I import items for 6 companies weekly) I was asked - "do you want the things or not?". I am going to bury these thieves or at least the local office.
More DHL Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery
- DHL - customs charge scam
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month...
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service
- DHL - untimely delivery
- DHL - dishonest, hopeless losers
- DHL Express - parcel not recieved
- DHL - bad service
- DHL Express - customs clearance