Delta Airlinesno assistance getting to brother's funeral!

S

Early January 24th 2017 I received a very upsetting call from my mother stating my brother had passed away unexpectedly... first thing I had to do is GET A FLIGHT to get home as I live in NY and they live in TN. I immediately got on the internet and phone to get first available flight. Since Delta was the cheapest for such short notice I HAD to go with them... THEY WERE NO HELP IN BOOKING THIS FLIGHT NOR GETTING ME ON IT OR ANY FOR THAT MATTER!!. THANKS TO DELTA AIRLINES I ALMOST MISSED MY ONLY SIBLINGS FUNERAL~~~ If I wasn't so determined to get home there would have been NO WAY they would have gotten me there... Let me back up... I first called delta to see about something called a grievance flight... HAAAA they were like "a what?" I asked "do you help people that have special circumstances that need to get home for a family members funeral?" The reply was "No we don't do that" Ok so, I booked a flight ON MY OWN... online as it was cheaper and less complicated than talking to someone at Delta! My flight was for Sunday evening around 7pm... it was lightly snowing,nothing bad and MOST flights were on time or delayed an hour or so... ok so no big deal... right? WRONG... every hour there was an announcement flight delayed half an hour, flight delayed an hour etc... ok so I am getting worried as time is going by and frustrated at the fact #1. They were making us wait as they kept delaying and no info and #2 I couldn't get any answer's as to whether they could switch me to another airline that was leaving to Nashville or ANYTHING!!!My fear was...delaying would turn to canceled !! I WAS IN TEARS and being ignored by DELTA STAFF under very stressful circumstances !!! So after WAITING we FINALLY got on the plane only to sit and wait and roast in that HOT plane... as we are waiting we hear an announcement... "Passengers we apologize but we can not continue our destination to Nashville tonight" NOT because of weather!!! because the pilot had gone over his hours!!! THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT BEFORE WE GOT ON BOARD??? My fear had become REALITY... So, they get us off the plane after we have sat in what felt like a sauna!

We go inside to get bags and by that time it's past MIDNIGHT!! I call for my ride in tears and asked her to please help me... THAT was the WORST experience EVER... nothing has ever come close to that nightmare... it's not over yet!! SO now I go to find my bags... THEY are LOST already... So I go to the ticket counter and tell the delta agent "my bags are missing and my flight was canceled to Tn could you please help me get on the next flight out tomorrow?" He told me there are no flights tomorrow... I told him my situation and filled him in on the kind of night it had been and he said "your flight was canceled due to bad weather" I said "No my flight was canceled because my pilot's hours were up" So all the sudden he say's I have a 2:30 flight going out tomorrow... hmmm how did THAT happen? It popped out of nowhere!

So OF COURSE I took IT!He said he would somehow see that my bags make it there also!!! I was at the airport the next day, made the flight... arrived in Nashville. BAGS are no where to be found!!! I had no funeral clothes no nothing!!! I called the whole night trying to locate my bag... NO ONE could tell me where my bag was!!! I asked is it in NY or TN??? One would say NY and another TN...then one person said ma'am we don't know where your luggage is!!! Instead of focusing on my brother and my family I have to worry about my luggage and why Delta can not do one thing to help someone!! I stayed on the phone for HOURS calling supervisors of luggage area's ... I called everywhere to get NO WHERE!! First I was supposed to be in TN the day after my brother passed away,which was Sunday to help with arrangements etc... Delta DID NOTHING to assist me in ANY WAY!! The Staff was useless!!! RUDE and acted as though they were there to socialize NOT assist people!!The staff at the gate even had their both area roped off!! Why is that when they are standing at the booth for the people who need help...not sit and cut up with the other workers... That frustrated me... seeing how I was lost (had only been to that airport once and that was with someone) and I needed HELP!!I would like to see someone else act as calmly as I did in that kind of situation! I was in Tears thanks to Delta! They did nothing but cause me MORE grief! My luggage didn't show up until the 3rd day... clothes and contents inside were SOAKING WET so my stuff was useless to me anyway.

I did not use my return ticket from Delta because I did not want to have a horrible experience like that again!

Ottawa Girl Jan 14, 2015

You will lose your money.

Theft from luggage

Ottawa Girl Jan 14, 2015

I have never seen such rudeness and incompetence.
    Last choice for me.

• Do
    Don Fierz Nov 12, 2012

Must have been your fault loser.

• Do
    Don Fierz Nov 12, 2012

You poked fun of me in my review. SO I am assuming that you did something wrong.

• Ca
    carollindsey Sep 19, 2012

They "guarantee" that if the fare is found to be lower just after purchase that they will match it, short the admin fee. I called them with the delta.com fare and tracvelocity fare (110 less), the delta rep told me that the fare was not 'really' available, that the computer just had not updated. The next day, the fare was still advertised. I wrote an email to them, no reply. I wrote another email, and they rejected my complaint, and sited the small print. i wrote again, and the same reply came from delta. I will not be flying on this airline any longer- if a company claims a fare match, then they should stand by it. Delta is a shady company.

• Ca
    cali25177 Sep 02, 2012

Bad things happen to bad people. ###

• Fl
    flightguy64 Jan 29, 2012

next time, go to the kiosk and get you ticket there, then you wont have any problems!!!

Angry with CPS Sep 19, 2011

You have some nerve posting this letter and bashing me on mine based on a mistake from CPS.

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

Apology? I think not Minon... Sorry but we can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever...

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

An apology is a good way to have the last word.

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

If I'm a troll what are you RinkE.Dink ? No need to answer that ( it was a rhetorical question) and if you don't know what that means Mr. Webster can help. You obviously don't have the education or mental capability to give any sound answers calling people names. Have you looked in the mirror lately? And did you see a troll. LOL

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

troll? hardly Just the Cryptkeeper keeping tabs on my buddy here until he gets his headstone delivered ON Time by that lazy postman. HAHAHAHA!!! Sleep well heath2011...

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

You really need to follow your own advice you post on other people's complaints. You sound pretty arrogant on most of them. Try and be happy and listen to some relaxing music on You Tube without complaining. You will realize how much better you'll feel if you do that instead of being so mean like in many of your comments.

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

Trying to get something for nothing, Right. Hmmmmm.

Maybe you should focus on not complaining so much. You might live longer. Just a thought. Haven’t made up my mind if that’s a good idea or bad one.

stewartb Sep 15, 2011

Look on the bright side. At least they didn't lose the bags. ;)) Should have contacted their customer service dept. if you had a legitimate complaint and wanted a bag refund fee. Or were you expecting your plane tickets refunded as well ? I've used Delta many times in the past too. Funny I never had any problems. Very nice flight attendants. Maybe the luggage had to be re-checked again by security to keep all passengers safe. Need to see the cup as half-full sometimes. Better late than never.

Chocolate Cheerios Jun 14, 2011

My grandpa flew with Delta airlines 86 years without a complaint.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Mar 31, 2011

You didnt file a lost baggage claim with Delta Airlines?

marylyn fernan Mar 30, 2011

please help me find my 2 bags last seen my bags jan.17.2017 in delta airline in miami airport untill now still lost.i need my bags please...all my unyforms is in there. pls... delta airline help me my name is Marylyn H. Fernan. from Cebu Philippines

James23321 Feb 28, 2011

The original itinerary (Flight DL 3807) listed wheels up from Norfolk international at 9:30 AM with a connecting flight (DL 6009) at Detroit Metro and wheels down at 1:00 PM on Buffalo international. At approx 8AM gate change just next door - no problem. Then there was a mechanical failure that resulted in a delay of 20 min from Norfolk with no delays in Detroit where there was a 35 min lay over now reduced to 15 min; this was not sat. Delta did issue a revised itinerary to get another flight out of Detroit at 3PM and an arrival at Buffalo at 5PM. The revised 9:50 AM departure was delayed due to the mechanical failure that Delta seemed determined to put us on without any consideration to place any one on another carrier like they did on the LaGuardia flight. When Delta was confronted, it was described to be “a different situation”. A few hours later Delta realized they could not put us on the broke plane (that I got the impression they tried there best to do) that would later have to be sent to Detroit with no occupants. I was given a flight out of Norfolk at 2PM (one hour after the original arrival at Buffalo at 1PM!) with a connection at JFK. The Delta crew at Norfolk International acted like a three ring circus; there was a complete lack of professionalism. While at JFK, we were waiting for another hour for the Delta mechanical crew to help with another Delta plane before they could get us wheels up at JFK. I arrived at Buffalo about 8PM. The drive in a new place at night presented a new challenge that I was able to meet. I ended up getting in my Hotel room at 1:30AM 23SEP10. This was a rough day; however, it did not taint my love of travel. Delta did issue me $6 vouchers for two meals and those who have traveled before know that in an airport that's more like snack vouchers. They also issued me a $100 voucher on future Delta flights wich would bring the pricetag to just a little over another carrier that gets the job done a lot better and with no luggage fees. I know mechanical failures happen; I just believe the Delta crew at Norfolk International handled this totally wrong.

• Ji
    Jim K Jan 29, 2011

I flew Delta out of RDU in December of two thousand ten early morning and After pre paying for three tickets which allowed me one bag per ticket I was charged again at baggage checkin $25 dollars ea. bag. The guy there asked for a tip which I refused because I lifted the bags and place them on the rack he return stated my bags may not get to my destination when I did if I did not tip. So I tipped the baggage claim guy who had a wad of cash. I won't fly Delta at RDU again.

• Na
    N.a.t.a.l.i.e Jan 16, 2011

Hello,
    I have had ongoing problems with Delta Skymiles and making purchases using Skymiles Retail Partners.
    Delta Skymiles statements do not indicate which retailer is issuing the Skymiles mileage which makes it extremely difficult to validate that you are receiving the correct miles and from which retail vendor.
    When you ask Delta Skymiles Customer service, you receive answer from several different individuals and they are all different.
    Besides Delta, where else can I post my concerns and complaints. I have lost faith that Delta is accurately documenting and issuing me the correct amounts on my statement. There is not way to validate the skymiles being posted; therefore, how can you be assured your statement is correct?
    Natalie

• Ea
    Eaglemate Nov 25, 2010

Everyone has seen this. WWW.WhatTheAIRLINESdidToMe.com

Go read it. The airline industry is terrible. This is a new low.

• Ea
    Eaglemate Nov 25, 2010

On November 14, 2017, Delta Airlines denied boarding to parents and their 3 year old daughter, despite having been advised that the child needed to be near LeBonheur Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee; that the couple were delayed due to overbooking on their connecting flight; and the couple arrived at the gate 11 minutes prior to departure. The customer service agent then denied the availability of flights to Memphis, and told the parents to "find a doctor in Detroit". They issued vouchers for an overnight stay. The parents later, on their own accord, found flights with connections to Memphis and returned home the same day.

noradlina Oct 19, 2010

I recently traveled from Seattle, USA to Beijing China using Delta Airlines on 14/10/2017. It was a full flight but quite a small plane. Very uncomfortable for long distance journey (international flight). Not enough space for hand carry items that forced me to place my hand carry luggage below the front seat and under my feet (literally I have to step on my hand carry bag). But the most inconvenient thing was they delayed my checked in luggage because of the final destination mistake. The boarding pass was issued manually because of the dumb machine cannot accept my passport details, and the check-in counter staff (chinese lady with not-so-good english and unfriendly manner) keyed in final destination as Kuala Lumpur. By right, I have told her that I need to take the bag out in Beijing and then continue my journey to Kuala Lumpur the next morning. When I arrive in Beijing in wee hours of 15/10/2017, my checked in luggage was still in Seattle. I received the bag in Kuala Lumpur on 18/10/2017 i.e. 4 days after I left Seattle.

When I opened the bag, there was a notice of TSA inspection which is fine with me BUT why didn't they put my bag into the plane to Beijing? instead they left it idle in Seattle for amost a day and when I arrive in Beijing on 15/10/10 and made 'missing luggage' report, only then they send my bag to the other route (Seattle-Narita-Beijing-Kuala Lumpur). The only thing I got from Delta Airlines was 'Sorry for the Delay' tag and no explaination what-so-ever from the customer service on the delay.

Also, the stewardess in Delta Airlines have messy hair. How can you serve food with your hair not tied up and in proper place? Very unpleasant sight. Also, when I asked for ice with my orange juice, she said I have no ice. But when an American ask for a cup of ice, she gladly handed him one. Btw, I am an Asian and a Muslim.

I will not use Delta Airlines anymore for my travelling needs.

• Gr
    GRRRRR! Aug 23, 2010

I'm speechless.

• Eu
    Eugene R Jul 09, 2010

I think Delta has a major issue with late flights and changing gates without proper notice. For myself last month I made a trip to Missouri. The flight to start out with was delayed because of maintenance issues. I asked several times if I was going to be late for my connecting flight and was told No that we were going to leave within 30 minutes. Well 30 minutes turned into several hours and once they put us on another flight I did indeed miss my connection. Worse part was there were no more planes leaving that night at all so I was stuck in a terminal and they never offered me anything for a hotel or meals. I finally went to their desk and 3 women behind this courtesy desk were not courteous at all. I had to insist that they do something for me for the night. It was 11:00pm and I was tired since I had been at the airport since 2:00. They finally gave me a voucher for a cheap hotel with no food vouchers at all.

My husband flew out the following week and as he was waiting to leave for his destination they changed the gates and he had no idea of it until he asked someone when was the flight to leave. They told him rather coldly well you missed your flight. They treated him very rude and acted like they didn't want to help him get another flight. He does not fly often so it is not fun when you don't know what to do. Anyway, Delta used to be the only airline I would fly but they have just lost our business as well as all my family and friends. Their customer service reps are arrogant and act like your bothering them. What happened to good manners and service??

Delta needs to remember your not the only airline and looking at the other complaints on here I would be concerned and would listen to what is being said. I don't expect anything from you but you need to appreciate your customers a little more.

• Na
    natalie May 31, 2010

35 mins before takeoff. ummm, no.

• Ro
    Ron from Columbia Mar 03, 2010

Delta Airlines issued my wife a $200 credit voucher because they did not allow her to board a flight to South America for which she was a confirmed passenger with an assigned seat. She did not get her luggage for the 19 days she was on vacation although it was in the custody of Delta. They also allowed items to be removed from her luggage while it was in their custody.<br />
    <br />
    When time came to use the voucher, Delta claimed that the voucher had already been used. They subsequently said in writing that the voucher was good but have since refused to refund the money paid at the time of booking.<br />
    <br />
    We have corresponded with ten different Delta agents and spent countless hours on the phone in attempting to recover the relatively small amount of money due us.<br />
    <br />
    The customer service at Delta is abysmal and one should avoid doing business with this company at all costs.<br />
    Ron<br />
    Columbia, SC

• Ju
    Julie Ball Feb 15, 2010

I am writing to vent my mind on the terrible service received by Delta Airlines.
    A flight for 3 people from Calgary Canada to Nashville, TN took 24 hours to complete.
    First of all, the inconsistency of charging for baggage was appalling. How come we paid
    for our baggage with online check in and another passenger can walk up to check in and
    doesn't pay for baggage?
    Our plane left Calgary 1 hour late to connect in Minnesota headed for Nashville destination.
    When we got to Minnesota and found out our flight was canceled to Nashville until morning
    for no apparent reason (maintenance??). We did not get to choose the next flight...in hopes of
    a direct flight since Delta can't ever seem to make their connections on time.
    We were not given hotel accommodations or food or our luggage for the night spent waiting for
    the next flight out 12 hours later.
    The next day we arrived at the airport for 5am to wait for another delayed departure...and this
    was the first flight of the day!!! Not to mention the last minute gate change all the way across the airport terminals.
    We RAN to make our connection in Detroit and that flight didn't leave the ground for an hour in a half.
    It boggles my mind that on these old decrepit planes they won't even take cash for payment. Make sure you have visa if you are hungry.
    We finally arrived late in Nashville and do you think they could have gotten our luggage on our flight??? No!!
    We ended up waiting for the next flight to arrive to get our luggage.
    What a terrible experience. With no compensation or hospitality received I vow to NEVER take DELTA Airlines again.

Mary in Memphis Feb 08, 2010

I booked a flight last week for a quick trip to Savannah, GA. There was a $100 booking fee because it was under 21-days. Due to business demands, I had to cancel. Now there is another $100 fee to redeposit the miles. This is rape. Northwest NEVER had these punitive charges. I'm even Gold Medallion. $200 would have paid for a round trip ticket. I've asked for at least one fee to be waived. This is the first launch of my online campaign against Delta and these insane charges.

• Very well written, indeed... However, addressing a letter to the CEO of a company is a total and utter waste of time. Mr. Anderson has more important things to do than read customer complaints. Regardless, I would feel inclined to offer you compensation in the form of a free trip. You're going to have a hard time getting money for your expenses, but I think a voucher good for a free flight would be in order. Good luck with this one.

• Ba

P. o. box 20706
    Atlanta, georgia [protected]

Re: december 23rd 2017 flight #1297 jfk, new york to atlanta

Dear mr. anderson,

I hope you had an enjoyable holiday and all the best to you for 2017. unfortunately my wife and I had our worst flight experience with delta airlines on our recent holiday trip to barbados.

We purchased a flight online on june 12th 2017 for our trip to barbados with delta confirmation #xxxxxxx. the first leg of the flight was flight #1297 departing jfk, new york for atlanta at 6:00am. we were then supposed to connect with delta flight # 659 departing atlanta for barbados at 9:40am. we arrived at the delta counter at jfk around 3:45am and after checking in our luggage with our customer service agent we were told to proceed through tsa security and to the delta gate where our seats would be assigned. upon arrival at the delta gate we were then told that the flight had in fact been severely overbooked and that were no longer any assigned seats. after about a frustrating hour and a half of limited communication from the delta service manager at the gate a large group of about thirty passengers including my wife and I were all informed that we would not be seated on flight #1297 from jfk to atlanta. for us this was very frustrating as we had bought our tickets six months in advance and had tried unsuccessfully to confirm our seats over the last few months with your customer service agents. we had been told that our seats would be assigned at check-in at the jfk airport on dec 23rd.

Close to 7:00am on dec 23rd we were finally told by one of your customer service agents at the jfk counter that we would be refunded for the portion of our flight down to barbados as our delay to barbados was greater than the acceptable timeframe stipulated by airline rules. we would however be on our own to find an alternative carrier to barbados. we were also told that our flight back up from barbados would however remain intact with delta. this was a most startling proposal as it was two days before christmas and we were basically left to find a flight down to barbados which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the caribbean. after several frantic calls to numerous of your competitor airlines we were able to miraculously find the last two seats on a jetblue flight #871 down to barbados leaving that same morning at 8:30am. the two last minute jetblue flight basically cost the same as the one-way ticket refund that we received from delta for the cancellation of our seats to barbados.

We informed your delta customer service agent at the jfk gate that we would be taking the 8:30am jetblue flight. he informed us that delta would still take our checked-in luggage down to barbados on their flight # 1297 as that flight was taking off. we were told by your customer service agent that we would be able to collect our luggage upon our arrival in barbados on the jetblue flight that was scheduled to arrive later that same day.

We arrived in barbados later that same day on jetblue. unfortunately our luggage didn’t arrive on the delta flight as promised from earlier that morning. when we asked the delta agent in barbados about our luggage they informed us that we had to talk to jetblue about our missing luggage even though delta indicated they would deliver our luggage to barbados. of course the jetblue agent could not understand the rational why they would be responsible for luggage we never checked in with their airline and which delta had indicated was on a flight connecting out of jfk, new york through atlanta to barbados. at this point we were now stuck in barbados with no luggage and limited effective assistance from the local delta customer service representative. later on that night (december 23rd) I sent delta online support an email message indicating that our four pieces of luggage had been lost. I got an email response that same night indicating that we could expect a response in three to four days!!! (see the attached email)

The next morning december 24th I called delta’s 800-number and I was told that our bags were left in atlanta and that they would be forwarded down to barbados via puerto rico around 11:30pm on an american airlines flight. I called later that same day to confirm our luggage had made the flight going through puerto rico and I was told by xxxxx xxxxx one of your customer service agents that our luggage was now being sent back to jfk, new york instead as delta had no evidence that we had indeed arrived in barbados. I explained to xxxxx xxxxx that I was indeed mr. xxxxxxxxx and that I was currently stranded in barbados without any clothing and toiletries. xxxxx xxxxx indicated we would now receive our luggage upon our return to new york from vacation in barbados.in addition she also indicated that we would not get any reimbursement to purchase emergency clothing nor toiletries while stranded in barbados. I think our call with xxxxx xxxxx was recorded so you can verify this exasperating conversation with your customer service agent who obviously didn’t grasp the concept of customer service. on dec 24th we spent about $450 on emergency clothing and toiletries as the local barbadians had explained to us that the island celebrates boxing day on dec 26th. most stores in barbados would therefore be closed for an extended weekend from the thursday (christmas day) until the following monday!!!

On friday december 26th we finally got a surprise call from delta that our luggage had arrived in barbados. at that point we had not only spent several hundred dollars on emergency clothing and toiletries but we had also incurred a large international telephone call bill trying in vain to resolve and track our luggage with your customer service agents back in the usa.

The trip got worst on our way back. there was there a one hour departure delay on our connecting delta flight #488 out of port-of-spain in trinidad to jfk, new york on jan 2nd.in addition when our luggage arrived at jfk, new york two pieces of our luggage were badly damaged. on december 3rd I filed two damaged luggage claims #xxxxxxxxx and # xxxxxxxxx. upon filing these two claims I was told I now have to find a fedex office to ship the damaged luggage back to your facility in carrollton in texas. this is just another inconvenience for us relating to this already horrible trip experience with your airline.

I apologize for the length of this letter but I think you can sense we are highly annoyed with this extremely poor level of service that we received from delta. I did a quick scan of the internet tonight to determine whether they were any online websites we could also post a copy of this letter on so that we could expose a wider swath of your current and potential customers to our recent trip experience. we found the following websites:

Upon browsing these websites it appears this poor level of customer service has also been experienced by several other customers of your airline. i’ll spend some time over the upcoming weekend to make sure I post this letter on these online websites and with the relevant identifying personal information redacted. delta has been a disappointing service provider for this recent trip. you are very aware that word of mouth is vital to companies such as yours operating in an industry that is very competitive. my wife and I will also make sure that we share this delta flight experience with as many friends, family and colleagues that we come across over the upcoming months.

At this point we are merely asking for some compensation to recoup the money we spent on emergency clothing and toiletries in barbados and to recover the cost of the lengthy international telephone calls we made to delta’s customer service bureau in the usa from barbados as we tracked our missing luggage. I think you’ll agree that some reimbursement would be a small gesture of goodwill as your airline almost ruined our fond memories of barbados.

If you have any additional questions I can be reached at xxx xxx xxxx.

Sincerely,

Xxxxx xxxxxxx

C. c: stephen e. gorman, executive vice president & chief operating officer

• In short... none. It's a tough one - supply and demand is what sets the fares and sometimes airlines have to offer "blow out fares" in the end to entice passengers to book. Usually it's the other way around though, and a passenger would never come and complain that they got a good deal. In the end there is very little you can do. Sorry :-(

• Ac
    Ace Oct 13, 2009

I purchased two airline tickets for myself and my young son in January for travel in June. This week, reading the news, I discover that Delta plans to charge travellers $25.00 per bag each way for a 2nd checked bag. This is in clear conflict with the baggage guidelines when I purchased my ticket which provided me with a 2nd bag free of charge. The total additional cost to me will be $100.00 resulting in a 17% increase in the original fare.

I contacted Delta numerous times via phone and e-mail but they refuse to waive the charges.

Then, I discover that the U.S. Department of Transportation has issued a publication on May 18, 2017, stating the following:

"In no case should more restrictive baggage policies or additional charges be applied retroactively to a consumer who purchased his or her ticket at a time when the charges did not apply, or when a lower charge applied. Whatever the contract of carriage provides regarding free baggage as of the date of each ticket sale is binding on the carrier. The Aviation Enforcement Office considers any carrier practice that violates its contract of carriage provisions to constitute an unfair and deceptive trade practice in violation of 49 U.S.C. § 41712".

I also reported this to Delta but I received no further communications.

• Fr
    Fred 25 Aug 19, 2009

you are the one that did the scam, you are not a buddy, but you bought a ticket. Get real, talk to the police and file a report if it is fraud. talk to a VP or manager. Don't call the President.

• Be
    betti Sands Aug 19, 2009

Delta Employees Percesepe/Maurice Miller sold our African Missionary work three tickets on their Buddy passes $2, 600. .. for our non-profit work with children in LIberia...(ATL to Accra).. this was a scam.. when reported to Richard Anderson, CEO, his office said he does not speak to Passengers, he is too busy, would not even acknowledge a letter, the Customer Service department cannot be reached by phone.. we just want our money back .. it is charitable $$s which we are responsible ..Delta lost baggage on the first leg of an ill fated trip (bumped off in JFK.. spent 3 days trying to get another flight.. hotel bills etc.. ended up paying full + cash fare to get back to Atlanta.. met the most rude employees in the industry)... now cannot find the baggage, In ATL the Domestic Baggage says it is in International Delta baggage, they are not allowed to speak to each other.. now 3 weeks later the baggage is "lost".. no answers, finally get a email from aCustomer service employee, apologizing.. but in essence saying"too bad, we are sorry - try to fly with us later".. Anderson is all over the press talking about his commitment to Delta Service, his interest in the quality of his employees and to his customers-the Passengers.. it is all PR talk..no wonder that Delta is spurting red ink all over..from now on.. I will stay with American.. 25 years flying with American - where the service really is customer focused..
    Please do not try to use a Buddy.. even if it looks like you can save money to spend on other charitable goods.. frankly.. skip Delta altogether..

• Ro
    robnangel Aug 11, 2009

I have a major complaint regarding flight pricing rules and unaccompanied fees . I am divorced and remarried to a military service member. My daughter from my previous marriage resides with her father and I am the person responsible for upfront travel costs. We live far enough apart that driving is impossible (we live overseas) so flying is her only option for visitation travel. I find it appalling that a $100 unaccompanied fee is tacked to nearly all legacy airlines each way - so a roundtrip ticket would garner a $200 unaccompanied fee added to an already expensive airline ticket. From what I have witnessed upon bringing and picking her up at the airport - they check her in at the desk - it cannot be done online. As a parent, I am issued a gate pass to escort her to the gate. She boards the plane - sits in her airline seat - and is escorted by airline employees to either an "unaccompanied room" until the connecting flight arrives or a parent picks her up. What is the $100/200 going towards? She does not receive a meal if she has a connecting flight and has to wait in the "unaccompanied room". She is expected to go to a "restaurant" in the airport and pay an exorbitant amount of additional money to eat something as simple as a half sandwich and juice. There isn't anything the airline does above and beyond basic flight duties to justify such an astronomical charge. A major issue came up during her last flight on Delta airlines. She missed her connecting flight - even though there was more than enough time to get to the appropriate gate - so my daughter had to wait for another available flight and did not arrive home until after 11pm at night. No apologies - no kind of offering was made by Delta - they simply shrugged their shoulders. Also, there is no good reason as to why a person who misses a flight or is unable to travel cannot recoup the money paid for that seat - especially considering the fact that another person is going to pay that same amount or more to get the seat that airline already collected funds for. Airlines get away with it because we either don't do anything because we take it all at face value or we don't know how to go about making changes and improvements.

• Di
    Disgruntle Delta Passenger Jul 30, 2009

I flew out of the Atlanta terminal on the 25th of July. I bought my ticket on line on the 23rd of July. I received a confirmation number and had no problems boarding the airplane from Atlanta, nonstop to Stockholm Sweden. When I got to Sweden I was naturally Jet lagged and slept for a few days. Anyway, I went on line to check my account as Sweden can be expensive and to my surprise my Visa card was charged THREE (3) times for the same One-way flight. I have been trying to get this corrected on my account with no success. If anyone can give me any advise as to how to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate the information...

Sincerely,
    disgruntle Delta passenger

Mad123 Jul 21, 2009

I travel for work, and I agree DELTA does over book.. but I look foward to it, I always, always get a free voucher, drinks and dinner... I hate to say it .but the other Airlines just arent that much better. I never ever pack anythng valuable, I always carry it with me, or have it shipped before I get their.. I fly out from LAX.. u know the airport where the man went through screening, only to see an employee put his IPOD in his pocket..