Dellbad service

P

Dell computer corporation
Pennsylvania, USA

My husband ordered a computer from Dell while he was abroad on a short term business assignment. Our regular laptop was almost 5 years old and not working reliably anymore so we wanted a new one. I was going to visit him and take the computer for him to use once it arrived. SO I had a plane ticket booked. The computer was ordered July 12 and the estimated date came as July 31st. Seemed kind of odd as Dell we heard usually ships very quickly. Upon contacting them, they said it would be shipped early but that the extended date was there just as an estimate. I contacted Dell many times before the 31st and they told me there was a shortage of parts but it should be shipped by the 31st. he 31st came and no computer. I called again and they said it would be delayed by 1 more week until August 7th. I changed my ticket again hesitantly. They reassured me it would ship on the 7th. I called a few times during that week to see if there was any more progress on the computer but they could not provide me with any more info than the website gave me.

On the 6th of August, they actually called me to tell me it looked like it was going to ship the next day. I told them it had to since my ticket was for the 8th of August and I couldn't change it further without giving 30,000 more airline miles. On the 7th, I checked the status of the computer online and saw that the new estimated date was the 28th of August!!! I had no choice but to cancel the order and visit my husband without a computer. I didnt have time in that 1 day to go and buy the kind of computer he wanted. So he ended up buying a Sony Vaio abroad. When I talked to Dell to cancel my order, they admitted the shortage of parts crisis began in early July, much before we even ordered the computer. If I had known that, I wouldn't have ordered from them. They made no mention of the fact they were behind on orders. I will never purchase from Dell and would recommend others do not either.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

When I called the Dell support line I explained my software problem. My computer is out of warranty and I agreed to pay $49 for support. Then when they switch me to the technical support dweeb, he says that I was charged for a hardware support service call, and he would have to charge me again for a software support service call. I hung up and called back to demand a refund. After being on hold for 45 minutes (talking to 3 different dweebs during that time who kept transferring me to others), the final dweeb said that it was a non-refundable fee and he was technical support, not customer service. Oh, and customer service was closed by then. Between my experience with Dell and Windows, I'm probably buying a Mac next time.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

I ordered a laptop and a carrying case from Dell. I received a laptop but no carrying case.

Now I walk around carrying laptop in my hand without a carrying case. Complained few times ... but nothing yet.

Also, when I try calling Dell during weeknights/weekends to check the status of my carrying case order, the automated operator says call during day time. However if I call during weeknights/weekends and choose to option to order a new purchase, they'll answer my call.

Once they get your money (from the order), you've to deal with them during their working hours only. What a service from dell.

• Ba
    bakshuddin May 30, 2016

Respected sir
    i am Mr bakshuddin i buy dell lap top dated 28 march 2015 now the speaker is damaged and they refuse to repair
    they said warranty is expired in Saudi Arabia all items warranty two years my lap top warranty expire in 28 march 2017
    please help in this case

thanks
    My mobile no [protected]
    email [email protected]

• Ka
    Kaje May 24, 2016

laptop purchased in august of 2014
    hard drive completely fails less than two years into its lifespan and this is completely acceptable by Dell. Their answer is for me to spend another 270 dollars to have them fix it. Will not ever buy another Dell product.

• Ta
    Tammy Blatnick May 24, 2016

I ordered this computer with a quote supposedly including microsoft office word. When I received it, it doesn't include microsoft office word. Now they want me to order microsoft word separately even though I requested it to be on the computer. I have called and called. I have been disconnected many times. Horrible customer support. All about the money. They have gotten too big. I can't understand those I speak to. They lost a customer!

• In
    inspirion laptop with 10 May 23, 2016

dell doesnt support its produce

• In
    inspirion laptop with 10 May 23, 2016

A 7 month computer that had to be returned to dell. Came back with new mother board. Now my inspiron ill not turn on and it is complicated to get to technician who runs the same tests, no one wants to help. I got the biggest lemon you could find. I probably have use of it for ten hours. Help

• Bi
    bigdogmike Mar 11, 2016

I Just bought this Dell computer & It is slower than my laptop that just took a dump. It was 5 years old. Highly recommend to never by a Dell again. I am one minute away from throwing it through the window. Biggest piece of cramp I bought.

• Dell is a piece of garbage company product and service! they say one thing then the opposite. They condescend and hang up. Do not waste your money here. Save another couple hundred and buy anything else - apple preferably.

• Bo
    Bones1983 Jul 06, 2014

The dell i have always overheats and if i try to install a graphics card or a ram drive
    It won't even come on or doesn't even detect the hardware when i know its compatible is broke down three times and the only way to get it to work it seems is to punch it as hard as you can and the sound quality I would say sucks but it doesn't even work anymore maybe from me punching it but more likely its just a piece of ### and when it does work the
    windows explorer stops responding all the time Im glad i didn't buy it new or i would be pissed but dell is so ### I wouldn't even want one given to me and compatibility issues
    overheating hardware I never contacted dell but checked their forum for answers to my problems and most everyone who had the same or similar problems and wouldn't you know the only answers anyone got was from another customer who got tired of waiting
    on dell and fixed themeselves I have a piece of crap hp too but the one thing good about it its not a dell
    P.S sorry for my bad grammar im just to lazy to fix it

Jack McNuggets Oct 28, 2013

Bottom line up front: Good computers. Not the best, but good. WORST COMPANY AND POLICIES EVER.

Dell is the worst possible company. Their computers aren't the worst, however, Dell's problem is derived from the fact that they use cheap (not inexpensive--cheap as in quality) materials. I have had two laptops and a desktop from Dell for 6 years now. They are all running absolutely fine. I have only bought new batteries for each, but that is to be expected. The fact that my computers still continue to function is NOT due to Dell or its (lack of) customer service and (non) quality material.

Dell's customer service is absolute garbage. They did, in fact, try to fix my laptop at one point in time: I called, Dell said ship it to them on their dime, they "fixed" it, sent it back with THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM as when I sent it. When I attempted to get it fixed again the following day, Dell informed me that my warranty had expired. Convenient, eh?

• I2
    I2 Sep 27, 2012

Quality is good on my Dell but I try to by a new one and is overpriced on their site. I will look for a new brand now. If you don't mind to overpay too much then quality is the good thing on Dell but is expensive.

• Li
    Lipex Sep 24, 2012

I ordered $1200 laptop but it never arrived at my place and every info was correct in my order. After 2 weeks they said we you have to wait for another week as your laptop is reverted from your current address location for some reason. Come on even if i place a new order it will take 3-4 days to deliver and they asking me to wait for a week for it. I said screw it and canceled the order.

• Ju
    Jukes Feb 06, 2012

I'll use a dell never again, worst computer experience in my life. the track pad is totally crappy so get yourself a mouse if you use this one.

• Op
    Opetule Jan 09, 2012

I've been a Dell guy since the 80286, but sadly can no longer recommend them. Worldwide Tech Services, Dell's on-site service in this area, is also horrible.

The first XPS L702X made a horrible sound. Two days later on-site service came to repair. The repair guy didn't fix the problem and did not hook up the keyboard, so I was left with a product that worked less than before the repair. (I had to use a USB keyboard to use my laptop!)

The second one I received the monitor flickered. A different repair guy came and replaced the motherboard and the LCD. After which I got errors when using files (which is important when using a computer).

The next repair guy stood me up after I rearranged my day.

On the final repair, the tech put in a pre-scratch screen and my keyboard was no longer back lighted. So, in all the repairs, I never had one that fixed the problem or didn't cause a new problem. Buyer Beware!

The third computer has worked but I have spent tens of hours (probably about 40-50 hours all told) on tech support with India because Dell uses really bad hardware these days. There are many other manufacturers that are using quality parts. I would highly recommend never buying a Dell and going with a competitor.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the computer now they sent me a working one. But it has only one working USB port (google USB 3 L702X issues!) and no bluetooth (both of which were ordered and should work). But I am NOT letting these monkeys in my computer again.

I am however, not very impressed with the quality of Dell's service, support, or product. This ordeal started in August and is just wrapping up (I hope) in December with a mostly working computer.

• Sl
    slowmo Dec 23, 2011

Buyer beware! My Dell Inspiron is only 2 months old and I'm already having technical problems with it. Their customer service in the Philippines and their tech service in India is horrible. They will transfer you from one person to the next, ask you to repeat your problem, put you on hold for a long time and not return your phone call. I regret my decision to buy a Dell.

• Aa
    AaConsumer Dec 20, 2011

Perhaps the money man at Dell will show concern about my visit to Dell Hell. I am not the same person who wrote the 400 Minutes in Hell article. My experience with your company is too lengthy to type here. Soon you will see it on various blogs & consumer sites. My wife, a social media enthusiast, has posted my complaint on her LinkedIn page.I have just filed a consumer complaint with the Ohio Attorney General. Also, one of my businesses works with CFO’s/Treasurers of school systems, hospitals & govts. Imagine the glowing endorsement I will give to them about Dell (sarcasm intended).My one year old Dell laptop will not power on for the 3rd time since I purchased it & an extended warranty. The motherboard was replaced twice before.I sit with a useless Dell computer while typing on my daughter's HP laptop. I lose money as time passes because all my contact files are on my laptop. As a self-employed person, no access to files = no working = Lost Income.Your tech people in India and Manila have learned their scripts well. I can predict almost every trite response they will give. Apparently, repeating “I understand” and “I apologize” is supposed to offset lack of corrective action. The call from your escalation team that was supposed to happen today between 11:30 and 1:00 pm EST today did not occur.

I called your support again at 3:30 EST today. After again going through the situation with your rep, I insisted on speaking with another supervisor. The rep checked & assured me that the supervisor would call me within the hour. That statement was made 2 hours ago.

Mr. Gladden, I loathe spending non-productive time chasing down a company to comply with both implicit and express warranties for any product. I do hope that my note to you lights a fire to improve your services & products.

Think Social Media…Think Netflix Share Price

(Note: I finally heard from Bhabin Mrn of the escalation team at 7:30 pm EST last evening. He was rather condescending. When I imformed him that I had filed a complaint with the Attorney General, he stated that he cannot help me because it is in the hands of the lawyers now.)

• Aa
    Aa Consumer Dec 06, 2011

Following is a copy of the LinkedIn Inmail I sent last night to Mr. Dell, CEO and Mr. Gladden, CFO of Dell Computers. I only want a laptop that works and service people who actually do something to help.

Mr. Gladden,

Think Social Media…Think Netflix Share Price…

• Gu
    Gublash Oct 03, 2011

In all my years in business I have never got to see something like that before from a large corporation and BAD business is putting it lightly...

dell has this customer service dep rep's from india that have NO BUSINESS answering the calls on behalf of dell and not only refusing to give the proper help.. they are trying to sell you the same product again disregarding your issu and the FACT that you are covered by your warranty and saing that the POLICY is changed... IF THAT IS THE CASE... and us the consumers PAID FOR IT IN ADVANCE, then pay us back or DO THE RIGHT THING BY YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!

This is by far NOT a good service and it will build a lot of regrets for dell if they are going to continue this kind of degrading and bad service.

• Es
    Esmail Azaad Sep 29, 2011

could not belive the service in this day of constrants, from sept 16th till sept 29 th three dell reps would not return phone calls nor e-mail extra information to upgrade the desktop, one of them suggested that I walk into a local shop and buy myself a Laptop as they could not garantee a delivery date. asked for a manager to phone me(which I was promised would happen within an hour) four hours later no reponse. this would have been my third desktop purchase from them**NO MORE**

• Rd
    r.dibya Sep 14, 2011

My self Dibya Ranjan Sahoo, i purchased Dell XCD28 mobile (IMEI no. [protected]) on 2/feb/2011 from delhi . and after 5 months my phone's touch screen was not working . then i went to service center at Nehru Place ( Digicomp Complete Solutions ltd., ) for replacement on 17/aug/2011 . i got my new mobile on 12/sep/2011 which mobile number([protected]).
    2nd or replacement mobile is also bad which is new . at that i got touch screen is ok but calling process is one side as well as my voice is being also dubbing. i also visited some complain website, other guy has also same bad experience as me. i purchased this mobile due to brand value, whether this mobile was 1st launching in mobile category. i am totally fed up on this mobile and want to replacement means need Dell XCD 35 instead of Dell XCD28 and whatever will be charges I will pay for it . 2nd mobile also gave to same service center for replacement on 14/aug/2011. everybody is facing same problem .i don't know what to do? Dell company is giving 1year replacement warranty on this particular product. but in 6 months i faced many many trouble. and i have 6 months to replacement . but after that i don't know what to do. in 2months everybody is facing problem that means this product is very very worse ever. plz plz help to do replacement for Dell Xcd 35 . even if if you visit the dell website then you will see Dell XCD28 mobile is not there.

my mobile number is ---[protected], and email ID [email protected]

• He
    Heywood Jablowme Sep 04, 2011

Was the home health care business a success?

• Mo
    Mona A. Sep 04, 2011

It all began on September 1, 2006. I decided to order some computers from Dell because I had just began a home health care business, and the computers were needed to tend to the paperwork associated with the business. I had recently viewed a commercial promoting a 90 days 0% interest for purchasing a computer. Although we had a credit line established for the company, I decided to go ahead and take Dell up on their offer since we still had so much more that we needed to purchase. I called Dell, and the representative that began assisting me was named Traci . She gave me her extension and from then on out, she is the only Dell representative that I would call when I had questions or concerns regarding my account. With Traci, I placed an order for 2 Dell computers for the promotion of 90 days same as cash. That was the end of all correspondence to Dell that day. I did not speak to anyone from Dell again until I received my computers about 2 weeks later. I gladly received the computers from the UPS delivery guy and here is where I made my biggest mistake. I did not check the name on the packages. Who checks the name on a package they know they ordered and are expecting? Something tells me that I had checked I may not be in the predicament that I am in today. ….. Anyway, I set the computers down by our front door, and when my husband comes home later that night, I let him know that the computers finally arrived. He looks down and starts to inspect the boxes, and then asks “Who’s name this” I “go to the boxes and look down at the name on the address label and state that I have no idea whose name that is. (It was my name, my business name, and some random man’s name all on the packaging slip.) My husband makes it a point to tell me to call Dell tomorrow morning and make sure that I call them and tell them to remove the name off of my account. So the next morning I call Traci, ( I have her direct extension) and ask her to please remove the name from account. Why and how this person’s name got on my account is the mystery that for some reason cannot be explained. Traci tells me she has removed the name from my account, and I am satisfied. While I am on the phone with her, I decide to also let her know that we will be returning one of the computers that we purchased. My husband and I realize that at this point in such the beginning stages of our business, that we do not need a 2nd computer. I tell her this and she transfers me to another department, which then tries to persuade me to keep the computer and even goes as far as to offer me 50 dollars if I do keep it. I expressively told her no, and was then given the directions on how to return the 2nd computer. A couple of days later, the UPS delivery guy comes to pick up the second computer, and I thought that my issues with Dell computers was over. I was far from wrong. About two months later, a detective shows up at my door, inquiring about a computer that was purchased from Dell. I made him aware that yes in September, I purchased two computers from Dell, and after we received both computers, we decided to return one of them. I was very confused has to why he had come to my house, and was under the impression that Dell had not received the second computer after all this time and decided to press charges. But as I learn along the way, that at all was not the case. After he left, I call Dell to ensure that the computer had indeed been returned. While verifying my account, I once again hear this name, the name I thought I had fixed with Traci Tucker way back in September. His name was still on my account!!! I once again told the representative to please remove the name from my account and that I had no idea who this man was. I NEVER told the Dell representative anyone’s name other than my name so to this day I do not know where that name came from. There were no phone records stating that I stated this name because I did not give this name over the phone to a Dell representative. Once again I was told that the name would be removed from my account and that the second computer had been returned. I began to get suspicious and started to realize that maybe the detective had come to my house under false pretenses…. Then the early one morning in December, I receive a knock on my door and its Fort Bend County Police Department serving me a search warrant for my home. Why you may ask? Apparently the man’s name on my account was pressing charges for identify theft! They came to my home to look for things with his name on it, or anything that showed that I was stealing identities for a living! Since December 2006, I have been living this nightmare. I was arrested and charged with “Fraud Use Possession of Identifying Information “ and for over 3 years this case has been dragged on. It wasn’t until May 2011 that my case finally went to trial. I was convinced that I would walk away with a not guilty plea. The prosecutor did not have one iota of proof that the charges against me were true. The first two days of the trial went great. It seemed my lawyer knew what the hell he was doing. It wasn’t until the Dell representative from the fraud department took the stand. This is what the prosecution was able to make his entire case on. This was the witness that MY lawyer subpoenaed for and SHE should have been the one to make the case go in my direction. My lawyer assured me that he had spoken with her by phone and that she had nothing substantial to say. Well he was wrong. She went up on the stand and stated that it was absolutely impossible for two accounts to be mixed up. According to this representative from the fraud department, the business and personal computer purchasing systems were TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. This man had previously purchased computers from Dell in the past on the PERSONAL computer side, and since I had purchased computers from the BUSINESS aspect of Dell, the only way his name could have gotten onto my account was if l told Traci his name during my first initial contact with her. I NEVER told the Dell representative anyone’s name other than my own, so to til this day I do not know where that name came from. There are no phone records stating that I stated a name because I did not give a name over the phone to a Dell representative. Dell only has record of some of the phone call that I made to them; they did not even have the notes from my first initial call actually placing the order. Some things were very fishy about this Dell representative from the fraud department. 1st off, a Dell lawyer accompanied her and watched her testimony. My lawyer asked her that if she were to answer these questions incorrectly, what would happen to her. She stated that she would probably lose her job. Doesn’t that seem a little fishy? Essentially she had a babysitter come down with her to make sure she was answering the questions the way DELL needed the questions to be answered. She stated that our computers do not pre-populate, you must give the representative the names on the account in order for them to show up on the account. I did not. I had the money the entire time to make the purchase for both computers! I never needed the 90 days same as cash offer, but for some reason I used it. When closing arguments began, this is what the prosecution was able to make their case on. Every other line he said was that business and personal computer sales could not be mixed, they were two different programs. (If anyone reading this knows this is not true, please comment or email.) My lawyer not once refuted anything the Dell representative said, and I still feel that if he would have at least planted doubt into the jurors mind, that the case would have gone a different way. After 3 ½ hours of deliberations, I received a plea of guilty. I was a registered nurse, and now that I have felony conviction, I can no longer work. I was sentenced to 3 years probation and 120 hours of community service. I can no longer work which means I can’t provide for my family, pay my bills, buy food or obtain other vitals things necessary to survive on a daily basis. I am innocent and Dell has ruined my life forever to cover themselves. No one will hire me due to the charges filed against me. This is a very sad case and I am posting this complaint to see if anyone has had a similar problem or does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue and regain my life and career back.

Please email with suggestions or ideas:
    [email protected]

• Pa
    PageJulian Aug 22, 2011

I just paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, BidsOut.com

• Ca
    catch45 Aug 22, 2011

I purchased recently an new dell Inspiron Duo. I has previously owned a dell Inspiron laptop and had it for over 5 years. The biggest reason I made a purchase again thru dell is that my company (which is one the largest companies wordwide provides employees a employee purchase program thru dell). Anyway I was sent the wrong type of dvd player and I didn’t realize it until I was trying to get my real player to burn a cd. I could sit hear all day and go thru the details about the terrible dell customer service and how between being hung-up on and bounced around like a hot potato that they didn’t take any responsibility and didn’t even want to make any type of a compromise.

I let them know I will never ever, ever ever purchase another product from them and have already at this point successfully talked 2 colleagues out of purchasing a dell and said dont bother.

• Da
    dafny Aug 15, 2011

from Dell Online Promo 2009 <[email protected]>
    reply-to [email protected]
    to
    date Fri, Jan 16, 2009
    subject 2009 Winner!!
    mailed-by sympatico.ca

The sum of £500, 000, 00 GBP has been Awarded to your E-MAIL ID, Get back to this us with your info via ([email protected])

Names :

DELL COMPUTER INC.You have won $1, 000.000.00USD. For claim Email:
    [email protected] Mr. Ashok Wong

• Go
    gopikrishna Jun 03, 2011

I ordered a laptop and a streak mobile online in DELL website. The order was placed and I got the acknowledgement to that effect. Even after placing the order I did not get any confirmation. So I called them up to inquire the status and they said that it did not go through because it was a mistake by the system and they want me to pay more. It really doesnt have any sense of satisfying the customer. When it is their mistake they need to rectify it. I really appreciate amazon for its customer centricness which dell lacks and is just behaving commercially without any ethics.
    Can anyone suggest me what to do now? I m thinking of lodging a complaint in the consumer forum.

• Ni
    nickjg May 13, 2011

My complaint is about a Dell Studio laptop computer I bought in July 2009. It performed satisfactorily for a few months and then things started to go wrong, small stuff at first, not a problem. It would take it to the local Geek Squad, the operating system, originally Vista, was replaced with Windows 7 and that was given to me as a reason for slowness and some of the minor problems. But problems kept accumulating; about a month ago problems with gmail occurred, it wouldn't accept attachments, wouldn't put contacts into the address line. It would hang up and quit in the middle of some activity, -no warning. Other times, on the internet or just using a local program, it would switch to a screen would say it was updating windows and not to turn the computer off, maybe hold me up for 15 minutes while it was doing who knows what, couldn't stop it. Then I lost internet access, -a driver problem was diagnosed but a new replacement wouldn't be recognized by the machine, so no internet unless I used a cable connection. Then that wouldn't work. And now it won't even boot up. The whole machine has just fallent apart. It's been serviced many times by different teams, but keeps coming up with new problems.
    I'm advised not to waste any more time and money getting it fixed. Yes, everything is backed-up but for a $700 machine to fail so drastically after less than 2 years of pretty gentle use is crazy.
    Don't anyone ever thing of buying a Dell device.

• Pe
    penny philp May 04, 2011

called dell support because laptop was running slow, paid 239$ for support they assured me they would fix it via phone.well all they manage to do was lose all my info, pictures and wiped my hard drive out! my friends son that dropped out of school fixed my computer .dell told me i needed a hard drive and they want me to pay them 239$ i will NEVER BUY FROM DELL AGAIN even if they were the only one to sell a computer i would go without before i buy anything from them.i don't feel i should have to pay them 239$ for a phone call

• Ha
    hatedell Apr 22, 2011

seems like nothing is covered under the warranty...and when I wanted to register a complaint with them, I got past around all over the place and in the end THEY hung up on me...doesn't Dell have a dept where one can make a complaint?

• De
    DellSucksReallyBadly Apr 22, 2011

I so agree! I bought my Dell Inspiron, laptop, 2 months ago for $500 and now I cannot connect to my internet! I was on the phone for over two hours, and they just made it even worse! They told me that it was a software problem and it wasn't covered by the warrenty (REMINDER: this computer was less then two months old when the problem started AND costed $500). They said I had to pay over $130 JUST to get the software fixed! I cannot believe this. The customer service people sucked, also! I couldn't understand them half of the time, and they made my computer even worse then what it was! I will NEVER buy another Dell in my life! Learned an expensive lesson. DELL SUCKS!

• Ha
    hatedell Apr 22, 2011

I purchased 2 laptops 10 months ago..took extended warranty...1st laptop had a problem tuesday..got told we have to pay again before we would get help..did this..2nd laptop had a problem wednesday..again got told I had to pay again before I got help with the issue..this is out of order..dell is ripping people off and is getting away with it...I will never get another dell and I will make sure everyone I know also knows whats going on...I was even hung up on by dell support and there's no where that you can make a complaint about dell and it's issues

mab1293 Apr 10, 2011

I was in process of purchasing an Epson 1900 printer from Dell this morning. As they did have all the ink in stock, they referred me to Epson site to see that I could get it there. I was on hold with the salesperson as she completed my order and was checking out the printer on Epson. THATS WHEN I DISCOVERED EPSON SELLS THE PRINTER FOR $299. I then went to Best Buy and it sells the same. What was Dells answer when sales Rep came back on phone? Well we have it in stock, Epson is sold out. Thats highway robbery, almost twice the price. If they had never sent me that link, I would have really been taken advantage of. I did not think to check the price elsewhere because I thought Dell was honest.

• Vs
    VSDC Mar 29, 2011

I bought a brand new Dell laptop in late July. It had crashed by December. I spent nearly $1000 trying to fix it before realizing the problem was the lousy computer, not anything else. I then had to spend more money to buy an external harddrive and hire Geek Squad to back up the data. Dell replaced the hard drive and within a month the thing crashed again. I won't even open the box. I won't spend the money (again) to restore the software i had to restore the first time. I have no confidence that it won't crash again. And Dell just doesn't care. They won't take it back, they won't repay me all the money i spent trying to fix their defective, lousy product. Don't ever buy anything from Dell.

• Pl
    Plaidone Mar 21, 2011

I have a Dell Dimension desktop and a replacement printer that won't print & unintelligible service. When I want to print, it won't. The Dell printer that came with our system pulls paper in it an angle. A replacement printer does the same. I now have a HP printer and still can't print.

I spent over 2 hours on "hold" with Dell and could barely understand the woman's accent before she placed me on hold.

There is NO support at Dell. Just taking your money and runnin'.

• Lu
    Ludinay Mar 21, 2011

I purchased a Dell Desktop 4550. The desktop 4550 was advertised to come with a $70.00 rebate.

Windows XP does not support all peripherals so I also purchased an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner. It was to have a $30.00 rebate. I sent in the packing slip from the box of the scanner.

The envelope stated it was the packing slip. I then received a postcard from the Dell rebate center stating that the packing slip was unacceptable. I contacted Dell online to receive the right packing slip, received one and returned it.

Dell has refused to honor this packing slip and pay the $30.00 rebate.

Dell has also refused to return any correspondence I have sent to them. Dell states they would respond in two to three business days. They have not responded yet.

Also the $70.00 rebate for the computer has not been received. All paper work for the computer was submitted properly. I have not heard a word about either rebate.

I have requested the status and correspondence is not returned.

Dell is very unwilling to live up to their rebate agreement. I am out $100.00 in rebates because of Dell's refusal to correct matters and make things right.

• Gi
    Gilinjaou Mar 17, 2011

I placed an order with Dell for a 600m laptop and after 10 weeks I am still having problems.

I spent about 60 hours on the phone and was transferred from one person to a another. I sent about 40 e-mails to Dell and finally -- after 10 week's from the day I ordered it -- I finally got it working.

I sent a certified letter to their main headquarters explaining my problem's about being sold more than I needed and how much time I spent on the phone.

Finally someone from Dell called me and said he would help me in any way he could. That was 4 week's ago.

I sent that person I spoke with 8 e-mails and 10 voice mail's and my problems just keep getting worse.

• Qu
    Quintane Mar 02, 2011

I bought a Dell notebook and everything was fine. At that point my screen display was dark so after talking to a Dell service rep, he advised me to send it to the Dell service center via airborne. Airborne confirms my notebook was delivered to Dell's Memphis service center.

I have spent over 7 hours on the phone with Dell and sent countless e-mails, but I am in an 800 number nightmare. Everyone keeps referring me to someone else. They respond quickly via email, but only to refer me to another 800 number.

At this point, I don't know where the laptop is.

I would like to warn everyone to think twice before they send a computer off to the service center. I was told I would probably have it returned in 48 hours --- it has now been 2 weeks.

• Mi
    Mibarak Mar 02, 2011

I have purchased a Dell XPS 1645 laptop but after 1 year, I am facing problem with my optical DVD drive.

Now after I requested the customer care regarding the same, it was replaced within 48 hours.

But after replacement, another problem arose and it was that my optical buttons (touch) were not working after the DELL engineer replaced the optical drive.

I have sent innumerable mails to Dell regarding the same but to no good. I tried calling them up, but still there would be no response from their side.