The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Dell Inspiron 1525 — hard drive failures
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I purchaed a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop on December 2008. In April of 2009 my hard drive completly failed for reason I still don't know. Rather than go through the B.S. of trying to get Dell to stand behind their warranty promises (I read the other complaints only after it failed) and all the wasted time and issues that always go along with trying to get any company these days to stand behind their product, I just went and replaced the 250mb Western Digital Scorpio Blue hard drive with a new one at a cost of $65. I also sucked up the lost family photos and itune songs thinking I had corrected the problem and the new hard drive. Low and behold, my new hard drive just failed on me as well in August 2009. Well enough is enough, I just listed the shell of my Dell laptop on ebay and shelled out the money for a new Apple MacBook Pro and the wireless backup drive. And even though it cost me more than my Dell did, I have read the writing on the wall and the outstanding reviews on the MacBook. I also no longer want to deal with the B.S. that seems to accompany a PC. My advice, avoid the Dell Inspiron 1525. I think it has an overheating problem that fries the hard drive after several months, either that or the hard drives are junk to begin with.
More Dell Inspiron 1525 Complaints & Reviews
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
- Dell Photo All - In - One Printer 924 - extremely hard to change the ink cartridges!
- Dell Precision M6400 - dell gold support
- Dell - inspiron 20 3000 3043
- Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop - abject customer service
- Dell Canada - false advertising
- Dell 924 Printer - printer is trash!