Dell Customer Service Contacts
Round Rock, Texas
United States - 78682
CPU fan has high failure rate. I have ordered the fan 4 times. Orders numbers one and two cancelled order number 3 they sent the wrong part order number four cancelled - then "reauthorized" still do not have the part - can not get an after market propeitary part.
Used/recycled parts are no good can not use because they do not function.
Also know of warranty customers charged for fans or forced to buy a heat sink just to get the fan.
if you have had same of similar problem I WANT to hear from you.
I could not be more disappointed with Dell. I'm hoping I get through to "someone" about this, as I believe I was treated very poorly by Dell, and I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to anyone else. This is absolutely the worst experience I've had dealing with any merchant, and I suppose I expect more from a company like Dell.
I placed an order over the phone with Dell for a monitor on 10/30/2009. The young lady seemed completely pre-occupied, and was difficult to communicate with. After handing over my credit card information for the monitor, she mentioned that since I was spending over a certain amount, I would be receiving a *free* copy of McAfee Internet Suite 2010. I have no need for this extra software, but I figured I would just stick it on the kids' machines and forget about it. Then she mentioned that a confirmation email would be arriving "within a few days", as this was a "manual" process. Yes, this did seem strange to me, but I've heard worse from sales folks in the past, so I shrugged it off. I was given an order number to referenced, and she mentioned that I should be expecting the shipment by 11/16/2009.
I received the McAfee Internet Suite the following week, but still, no email. I tried the order number given to me on Dell's site, and was unable to pull anything up. Fast-forward to today, 11/06/2009, and I also received some surge protector, which I did *not* order. I figured something had gone awry, so I called Dell's "Customer Service" department. I was met with an individual who promptly asked me for my order number. I handed it over, only to be told that the order number was incorrect... That order didn't even exist. To make matters worse, I was rather rudely instructed to "call back when you have a proper order number...". How helpful.
I then tried calling the "Sales" department, and after 3 times trying to connect to someone, was told that not only was no email ever going to go out from the original sales person, but *both* the surge protector and the copy of McAfee Internet Security were part of a separate, unauthorized order, placed by the sales person, using my credit card. Yeah, I was also charged for that *free* software, not just the surge protector that I didn't order... All for $90. Unbelievable! The order number that the original sales person gave me was bogus. It didn't exist anywhere, and yes, I confirmed it with her before I hopped off the phone with her.
I was finally sent my confirmation email, which contained *both* orders. The one for the monitor that I *did* order, and the one containing both of the items I had *not*. The order numbers weren't even in the same ballpark as the bogus one I was given. I checked my credit card statement, and sure enough, the $90 charge from Dell was there. I also noticed the estimated delivery date was 12/04/2009, not 11/16/2009, like I was told. I was instructed to contact the "Customer Service" department *again* to request a return authorization number. After another few tries to get someone on the phone, I finally spoke with someone who didn't understand what I was trying to fix here, so I demanded to speak with a manager. After stating my case, she did little more than give me an RMA number and a day that UPS will be at my house before hanging up on me! I am not kidding. They won't credit my account until 8-10 days after receiving the products I never purchased.
I am FURIOUS! Rest assured, I will be taking this all up with the Better Business Bureau, as I feel they should know about this. How could this company allow this kind of thing to happen? What kind of sham is this? I was lied to, charges were made to my card that I did *not* authorize, treated very poorly after the fact, and I've had it. It probably goes without saying, but I will *never* order from Dell again, and whenever possible, will share my aweful experience with anyone displaying interest in purchasing a product from this company. Be warned.
I bought a Dell Inspiron 537ST Desktop Computer as a gift for my sister. It would not boot up or load the Operating System so she took it to a local computer shop. They discovered that the OS was not there and after 5 hours of labor and $350.00 they finally got the piece of Dell crap working. Dell "Customer Service" and "Technical Support" are overseas in India or Pakistan and they just gave me the run around, disconnected my calls, transferred me around and then said that they would not pay for the repairs even though it was their "error". Dell Computer is running a huge scam on the buying public and Michael Dell should go to jail for fraud. I will NEVER buy another Dell product!
In February I purchased a laptop from Dell. Within a few days I began calling Dell because the computer was defective. I was transferred 13 times on one call, called over 20 times, each time I was connected to someone in India, who transferred me to someone else in India. While I was on hold, a recording told me that for an additional fee I could speak to someone in Northern America.
After I was cut off the last time, I gave up and sent the computer back to Dell with a letter explaining my frustration with their customer service and requesting they not send me a replacement.
Then I began to get statements and dunning phone calls from Dell Financial Services saying I owed them the cost of the computer. I wrote them several times and told them I didn't have the computer, they did and I owed them nothing. Last month I spoke to a customer rep in Financial Services who actually called me back and told me she had resolved the issue, my balance was zero and I would not hear from Dell again.
Last week I received another statement and Friday I got a dunning phone call. I called Financial Services again yesterday. I got a rep who could not think or speak anything but what was on her script. She continued to tell me I owed for the computer, I kept telling her they had the computer and have had it since February, she would go right back to script and asked me if I wanted to make a payment. I gave up.
Today I am writing the president of Dell because I cannot believe the level of customer service they have. It is outrageous. I am enclosing a copy of my return receipt for the computer signed by their employee on February 25th.
If anyone has suggestions who else I can write to I would appreciate it.
I bought a dell laptop inspirion 1440 from dell number the 800. boy did I get taken. for 3 weeks only got to use about 5 hours worth kept saying windows having problem etc. yo many to tell you. the first 3 days it wouldnot work. I have logged in over 8o phone calls to dell for tech helpand to come and get it. I was told by rachael w> the untrutful person that sold it to me (she knew a sucker that I was when I told her I knew nothing about pc.) turns out they sold me a custom made one that was built in 2007. she lied on financing and everything. I have notifeid the proper authorities. never even got a bill from the finance co> till this week of [email protected]% 2009 when it was already due. I have a brand new hp 7 and dell co. got into it today. it has been hell> please respond if you have had this happen to you.
In relation to the captioned subject, this notice is being served to draw attention towards an extremely sorry state of affairs prevalent in your establishment wherein customers are mislead, taken for a ride and cheated and their legitimate rights trampled upon in an unceremonious manner.
The sequence of events against which the undersigned is aggrieved is as follows;
1. The undersigned had on 7.9.2009 placed an order online at the Website of Dell India for purchase of Studio 14 Laptop bearing model No. Dell (TM) studio 14 Laptop (SI 40806IN8). The purpose behind placing of order of purchase online was to avoid the unnecessary wrangles, apathy and cheating that one encounters in day to day life and which unfortunately have become institutionalized thereby vitiating every aspect of life. The undersigned in order to avoid unnecessary harassment and to be sure of the product that was being purchased both qualitatively and quantitatively took a conscious decision not to go for other brands of laptops and preferred your brand assuming that since you provided an avenue of placing an order online wherein everything right from the payment and delivery would be effected by the click of the mouse and shipped directly from factory therefore there would be no occasion for anything to go wrong either by accident or by design. The undersigned in course of opting for this option lost out on hefty discounts that were being offered elsewhere but nevertheless opted for online purchase of your brand in order to have a smooth sailing. Little did the undersigned realize that the same would turn out be the most horrendous experience of life.
2. That immediately after submitting the order, the undersigned received a feed back intimating that a sales representative would contact in response to the request of finalizing the quotation. In pursuance of the aforesaid, a call was received from one Shri Prashant Bhatt who introduced himself as the inside sales account manager and finalized the quotation that had been ordered by asking for a deposit of sum of Rs.41, 799.82 in the account of Dell India Pvt. Ltd. bearing No. [protected] with the Citi Bank. The undersigned was assured that on doing so the order would automatically stand confirmed and would thereafter reach within a period of 5-6 days.
3. That on 12.9.2009, the undersigned in pursuance of the direction given by Shri. Bhatt duly deposited a cheque bearing No.24643 drawn on Axis Bank, Green Park, (Main) New Delhi in favour of Dell India Pvt. Ltd.
4. That on 16.9.2009 the undersigned in order to find out the status of the order called Shri. Prashant Bhatt and was surprised to find out that the order had yet not been put down for manufacturing. Shri Prashant Bhatt after apologizing for the delay assured that he would submit the order for manufacturing immediately. This is a disturbing aspect, once the money had been deposited and duly encashed why does your establishment has to wait for the customer to call to confirm the status, ideally on deposit of the money, the representative who’s dealing with the particular order should himself/herself call the customer to intimate that in view of amount having received the order would immediately be put down for manufacturing rather that being the other way round.
5. That on 17.9.2009 the undersigned received a Mail from your establishment intimating that the order had been submitted for manufacturing on 16.9.2009 with the order number 0404143 and customer number 841434.
6. That the undersigned called your establishment on 19.9.2009 at the toll free number [protected] to request for the latest update on the status of the order, on being connected to Shri. Prashant Bhatt the undersigned was intimated that the order was on-course and that delivery would be made by 24.9.2009.
7. That on 21.9.2009 the undersigned on checking the status of the order at the website www.dell.co.in/order was surprised to find that the status of the order was still shown under the heading “work in progress”. Ideally as per the oral assurances having been given the entire process from manufacturing to the final delivery was to take only 4-5 days and the period of 12 days was to act as buffer in cases of contingencies. The undersigned on calling up Shri Prashant Bhatt was again reassured that the order was on schedule and that the delivery would positively be made by 24.9.2009.
8. That on 22.9.2009 on checking the order status the undersigned again found the delivery status under the heading “work in progress” and therefore sent an Email to Shri Prashant Bhatt as well as called up your establishment wherein again an assurance was given of timely delivery, on being asked as to why the same was not reflected on the order status chart it was intimated that the chart shown on the internet was not updated regularly and therefore did not reflect the correct status of the delivery. This again is disturbing for as to what is the purpose of having a delivery chart if the same is not to be updated regularly, then again if the chart as the note appended to it reads reflects the latest position of the order was correct then the undersigned was being given false assurances.
9. That the delivery of the order in any case was not completed till the assured date of 24.9.2009 and therefore the undersigned again called your establishment wherein for the first time it was intimated by Shri Prashant Bhatt that the order had been delayed however, not satisfied with his answer the undersigned immediately on the next date i.e. 25.9.2009 wrote an Email to Shri Prashant Bhatt, ruing the fact that despite calling him daily and checking the status of the order and repeatedly requesting for the delivery to be expedited no progress at all had been made.
10. That when no answer was received the undersigned again called up your establishment wherein Shri Prashant Bhatt shockingly intimated that the order would not be delivered in view of part shortage for studio 14 Laptops, on being insisted upon for details of the same he expressed his inability to do so and told that the undersigned should either take back the refund of the amount or in alternative accept the offer of studio 15 model with 256 MB dedicated graphics card with a similar configuration of the order that had been placed earlier
11. That needless to say the undersigned was shocked with the entire turn of events, your establishment is a leading establishment in so far as Laptops, Desktops and other associated computer peripherals are concerned and has a multinational presence, therefore, for your establishment to all of a sudden after accepting money from a customer and confirming his order to say that it does not have the requisite stock is extremely unfortunate, for if there was some problem with respect to parts of the model for which the undersigned had placed order why was then in the first place the order booked. The undersigned ought to have been intimated that in view of the shortage of parts you would be unable to book the order; it is really surprising that a multinational company like yours is not even aware of as to whether you have the given product in your stock, then again even if there was some problem why was the undersigned repeatedly assured that the order would be delivered within time, really after placing the order the undersigned called your establishment repeatedly and was assured that the order would reach on time. You in all fairness keeping with the accepted principles of fair play ought to have intimated that there was some problem, yet what unfortunately happened was that whereas till 23.9.2009 while you were repeatedly assuring that the order would be delivered yet immediately thereafter i.e. on 25.9.2009 you changed your stand that the order would not be delivered and either the undersigned should take the refund or opt for the model of your choice, how convenient for you.
12. That repeated telephone calls were exchanged between the undersigned and your establishment wherein vide Email dated 28.9.2009 you against requested the undersigned to revert back to your revised offer. In pursuance to the aforesaid the undersigned on 29.9.2009 made it clear to Shri Prashant Bhatt that without his specifying the nature of the problem it would be not be prudent to switch simply at his asking and that he should specify the problem with the supply of Studio 14 Laptop, thereafter your establishment was further pleased to revise and serve the undersigned with a new quotation of Studio 15 Laptop with T6600 processing & 4 GB ram upgrade, however, the details of the number of orders having been cancelled by your establishment and the nature of shortage with display was not intimated to me.
13. That on 1.10.2009, the undersigned after having detailed parleys with Shri Prashant Bhatt and having been left with no other option sent confirmation Email of up-gradation of Studio 14 Laptop to new Studio 15 Laptop bearing Code 808IN8. That thereafter repeated telephone calls were exchanged with Shri Prashant Bhatt with respect to expeditious service of the laptop and Shri Bhatt assured the undersigned that the same would be delivered much earlier than the expected date of 11.10.2009.
14. That on 7.10.2009 much to undersigned consternation and dismay a Studio 14 Laptop was delivered as against the Studio 15 which was offered by your establishment and accepted by the undersigned.
15. That on 8.10.2009, the undersigned called repeatedly at your toll free number and requested to be put through some senior officer, however on each occasion when calls were made the same were put on hold with the automated voice of “all our representatives are currently busy” and it was only when the undersigned after making repeated calls made it clear to the receptionist that if this was how Dell treated its customers by avoiding to take the calls and putting the same on endless holds then the undersigned would file a complaint against your establishment that the call was put to Shri Prashant Bhatt, however, again the undersigned only reached his voice mail and it was only after putting it very sternly to the receptionist that such nonsense was not expected that was the call finally put through Mr. Prashant Bhatt however here again surprisingly rather than promptly apologizing for the fault extremely evasive and incoherent answers were given, Shri Prashant Bhatt shockingly went to the extent of saying that there was some mistake on the part of personnel at the factory for which he could do nothing and the said personnel should alone be held accountable or hauled up by the management.
16. That on 9.10.2009 the undersigned filed a written protest with Shri Prashant Bhatt drawing home the point that such pathetic and pedestrian service was not expected of an establishment of the stature of Dell and demanded an explanation as to how once the offer of upgradation made by your establishment to Studio 15 laptop had been accepted and confirmed then how come a Studio 14 laptop was delivered and this to by an establishment which professes itself as a leader in this field and prouds itself when it comes to providing quality service to its customers.
17. That however despite the dispatch of mail no response received from your establishment. The undersigned as it should be appreciated was engulfed with a feeling of having been cheated, taken for a ride and defrauded, the pain was all the most aggravated in view of the fact that such conduct was committed by an establishment which prouds itself in being customer oriented, why was the laptop ordered on line through your establishment when the same could have been purchased straight from the market with hefty discounts and other add-ons. The same was done for a very simple objective to have an absolutely streamlined process right from the booking to the actual delivery, the said process was to be absolutely hassle free, with there being no scope of any cheating, alas it was not to be and the very things that the undersigned wanted to avoid have come to haunt.
18. That on not receiving any response to the protest sent to Shri Prashant Bhatt the undersigned left with no other option was constrained to send another mail to Mr. Bhatt making it very clear that since no assistance of any kind whatsoever had been provided rather having been mistreated with even the basic courtesy of not helping a customer being shown, therefore, in an event he failed to answer the mail and submit an explanation as to how wrong order had been delivered and that to extremely belatedly, the undersigned would be left with no other option but to take recourse to law.
19. That the undersigned thereafter received a mail from Shri Prashant Bhatt apologizing for the manner in which the entire issue has been mishandled and assuring that the problem would be looked into with care and the issue resolved at the earliest.
20. That unfortunately despite a lapse of 12 days no intimation whatsoever have been sent to the undersigned, it had been requested to Shri Prashant Bhatt to explain as to how wrong order had been delivered, no such explanation has reached, neither has any explanation of how your establishment intends to deal with the problem.
21. That in the meanwhile the undersigned on opening of the 14 Studio Lap Top found the screen of the same to be wobbling, immediately a request for assistance was mailed at [protected]@dell.com, in response a reply was received that an immediate assistance shall be provided, however despite a lapse of 12 days the undersigned is yet to receive any assistance and is being constrained to work on a wobbling screen.
22. That I am afraid to note that there are certain extremely disturbing features which have arisen in the present matter. The first and foremost is the alleged problems with the parts of studio 14 laptop, why was the order booked in the first place, if your establishment was experiencing problems with respect to supply/component parts of the studio 14 laptop you ought to have as behoves an ethical business establishment following settled principles of trade and commerce politely intimated the undersigned that you would not be in a position to accept the order and the undersigned would have looked for the same elsewhere or with some other brand. It is really mind boggling that a multibillion dollar company like yours is really not aware as to whether it has the requisite stock/inventory to meet the demand or whether the existing inventory is going to fall short, you have people who supervise the inventories and stock and are paid salaries for the same, therefore in such circumstances for a person to be told that despite having booked his order, the same would not materialize is shocking to say in the least and is rather demonstrative of an unfair trade practice on your part.
23. Then again assuming for the sake of an argument that your establishment really had problems with the shipment/supply of component parts with Studio 14 Laptop, what begs an answer is as to why the undersigned was repeatedly assured over the telephone and in answer to his emails that the order was on time and the delivery will take place within the stipulated period, ethical and established practices require you to have honestly disclosed problems if any in the supply of component parts and not to take a customer for a ride by giving him false and concocted assurances of a timely delivery.
24. What however is fundamental is that initially in reply given to the Emails sent by the undersigned assurances were given that the order would reach on time. Thereafter, when the same did not happen even a basic courtesy was not shown to intimate the undersigned that due to some problem in supply of component parts the delivery would not be effected and it was only when some stern language was used by the undersigned that it was disclosed that there was problem in supply of component parts.
25. Furthermore on being enquired initially your establishment did not specify the problem but on being requested again the same was put down to problem with the display screen of the studio 14 laptop resulting in cancellation of the entire orders of the said model, however, on the undersigned requesting for the exact nature of the problem with the display screen and the number of orders which had been cancelled an evasive reply was given that the same could not be provided, what is baffling is that why should your establishment shy away from specifying the nature of problem with the display and number of orders cancelled due to same unless of course the same is moonshine to fool around the customer.
26. That the most unfortunate aspect of the entire episode is that your establishment after accepting and confirming the booking and repeatedly assuring a customer one fine day simply puts to him that either you take back the refund or you upgrade to a model and configuration of our choice, a brief look at the sequence of events reveals that you in answer to a request revert to a customer that yes we have the configuration and we would provide you with the same, you ask a customer to deposit a certain sum and thereafter confirm his order, you repeatedly send Emails re-assuring that the order is on time, you don’t inform that there is some problem, the customer on making repeated calls comes to know that there is some problem and thereafter one fine day in a naked exercise of unequal bargaining power you slap a customer with either you take it or leave it, is it so easy, then again why does the customer has to opt for a configuration of your choice, he has no say in it and does not know what he is getting into, ideally in an event where you are at such a phenomenal fault you should politely put it to a customer that within reasonable limits he should exercise his discretion and select a model of his own choice. In United States in an identical situation you would have given the laptop for free and would have also apologized; now you may not do that in this country and it is not even being asked that you do this but then certainly leave a little discretion in the matter of selection of the appropriate laptop.
27. Then again what is phenomenal is when the undersigned had sent a confirmation for upgradation to Studio 15 Laptop in pursuance to an offer having been given at your end, how do you explain shipment of studio-14 Laptop, the earlier order in any case was substituted with the latter and even an acknowledgement of the same was given, thus is it to be believed that personnel manning your establishment suffer from want of understanding or are so immature that they do not understand what is going on, how does your establishment which goes itself advertising itself as world class explains the mess up unless of course the same was deliberately done with an intention of depriving a customer in an underhand manner.
28. That the yeoman service rendered by your establishment to the undersigned does not ends here, the quotation that was sent originally for the Studio 14 Laptop and approved by the undersigned is different from the one that has been sent with the order, why should it be so, the quotation that you sent as a final quotation to a customer over the mail should remain the same, why should a customer have to spent enormous amount of time comparing the two quotations to find out whether what was ordered and confirmed has actually been delivered. Frankly this again is constitutes deficiency in service, resulting in needless harassment, there is more to this deficiency i.e. despite the undersigned on the 17.10.2009protesting over the state of affairs in the customer feed back online report and detailing the experience no response whatsoever has been received, what’s the point of asking a customer to take precious 15 minutes out of the schedule to fill up the form if the basic courtesy of reverting back is not shown.
29. That the entire episode has left the undersigned in an extremely bad taste and has resulted in needless mental tension and harassment and therefore nullified the very reason for an online purchase directly from the company. Each and everything which was sought to be avoided and was the very reason behind going on line directly through company has come to haunt. The undersigned feels cheated and defrauded, I have fumed and fretted, undergone unnecessary and uncalled for mental agony, needless physical discomfort and the entire episode has been the most horrendous one, with the pain having been compounded by the listless and unintelligent assistance at each and every stage having been provided by the sales representative, who was least concerned with the problems and addressed himself in air, divorced from the point in issue, what is the point in keeping such representatives who expertise either in misleading customers or a totally devoid of any cerebral prowess to conduct themselves rationally apart from saying “what can I do”.
30. That the “gloriously indifferent” attitude of your establishment does not ends here, the undersigned yesterday on the 22.10.2009 received an Email from your establishment intimating the undersigned of the case being proceeded as “return and refund”, now in the earlier Email dated 9.10.2009 Shri Prashant Bhatt had intimated that the complaint made by me had been escalated and the issue would be resolved at the earliest, it took your establishment 13 days proceeding further at the “escalated/break-neck speed”, that’s how efficient your establishment is, then again rather than providing any resolution the mail has made be undergo a fresh bout of fretting, when did I ask for the refund, under the law of consumer protection to what extent can you push around your customer and that to at you own pace intoxicated by the notion of being a multi billion dollar establishment. I am extremely pained to say that you are nothing but a corrupt business establishment which makes strenuous efforts to deprive and harasss a customer, there are no ethical principles that you follow but that of an unequal bargaining power to push and shove a customer and leave him high and dry.
31. I am afraid the facts and circumstances in the present case speak for themselves and manifestly demonstrate the grossest deficiency of service and unfair trade practice, the actions of your establishment have not only been malafide but also amounts to racial discrimination against people of India. Your establishment has an international presence and yet I am sure that nowhere but for in India you exhibit such callous and insensitive attitude and take the customers for ride by misleading them and making false representations, you have to remember that you do not dole out free products and have very stringent terms and conditions, this being so it does not stand to reason as to why your service should be of third rate. I am afraid, all that I can say from my experience is that your practice amounts to an “Unfair trade practice” and a time has come when you should be held accountable for the same and consequently compensate your customers who have been at the receiving end of such practices. You have to realize that you cannot give customers in India a substandard service and that it essentially has to be of world standards, I really doubt whether this is what your customers in Europe or the United States have to face.
I returned a laptop to del computers for a repair under warranty on the 4/3/2009. I was informed by a dell advisor that the laptop would be repaired under warranty, I also received an email wich stated that a fully functional laptop would b returned in 7 tp 10 working days. on the 12/03/2009 I was contacted by a dell operative that a charge of £287.00 would be required, when I commented on this he reduced the figure to £170.00, I stillwas not happy with this so I was old a cusomer service advisor would telephone me the next day. The customer advisor telephond meon the13/03/2009 to tell me everything I had been told the day before and with no new offer and did ot try to help me in any way. As a concequence of this the laptop is being returned unrepaired; I would not recomend Dell comuters to anyone following this episode and feel the customer service is zero, all they are interested in is selling poo er quality hardware.
thanks for the heads up. i wont even try to call dell if thats what im going to get. my tv just took a dump. same problems as the rest of this long list of complaints. guess im sol.
I called customer service and get some one after 5 minutes and he transferred to another which takes 9 minutes and he transferred to another person and he hang up/disconnected.
I tried 3 times to get some one for just my one inquiry.
Horrible service. I want to return the items and they charging 15% restocking fee if it is not Dell error. Is the satisfied customer service is part of Dell Service/Error.
Please don't buy if you want really good service.
HP I got next day my shipping box and got back my laptop repaired within a week
Horrible customer service
New Jersey, USA
I am writing to request your assistance with a consumer issue. Because of an illiness last year, I purchased a hot tub recently for $7, 000.00 from Dell Landscaping, Inc. When the unit was delivered, it had deep scratches, panels were broken, the unit contained water, the pumps were used and thrown into a bag, there was no instruction manual, and the unit was a display model. I refused delivery because I had purchased a new unit. After a series of deceitful episodes with both the salesman, Jay and the owner, Anthony Mondello, I canceled my purchase. The problem is that I have been told by the owner and the salesman that I purchased a display model. I personally picked out a new unit from the show room. My receipt does not reflect that my hot tub is a display model. It does not read "Sold as is" or Display Model" or anything like that. My receipt simply contains a model number. Because of this, I have canceled my purchase. The owner, Anthony Mondello, refuses to return my money to my credit card, unless I pay an additional $400 because I refused delivery of the damaged display model. Can you assist me with this matter? Much appreciated.
I bought a new Dell and it worked for a sum total of 3 hours. I called for 2 weeks and they either hung up, transferred me to a supervisor that never answered, transferred me to "another technician" and then hung up, told me to take the computer apart with a screwdriver. I made 14 calls, often on hold for > 30 minutes, and was left with a broken new computer and no avenues for repairing it. They also refused to send a technician to my house, saying that their standard operating procedure is to have me take the computer apart and they will help me fix it over the phone which would violate my warranty.)
I finally called my credit card company and filed a dispute. They required all the notes I had taken of the calls I had made. I also sent 3 emails; they were never answered. I have given Dell until the end of January to come to my home to pick up their computer, as my credit card (Mastercard) has reviewed this situation and has refunded my money in full.
I had ordered Delux Laptop Bundle -Dell Part# 292199 through Dell' website, an online purchase. Dell had acknowledged the order and sent a Internet Receipt. 2 days later Dell cancelled my order. They have sent a mail stating that Due to system error the price put in was incorrect.
I wish to get the goods that I had ordered. They were attractively priced and upon order then have now cancelled. I feel cheated.
Got a letter from Dell finance this week informing me that due to "past negative credit reporting" the new interest rate on my Dell "preferred" acount would now be raised to 29.99%. They also kindly informed me that I had the right to reject the change (in writing)though that would result in the closing of my account. They have joined the rush to wringing every dollar from their customers in advance of new regulations on the credit industry.
I immediately mailed a letter telling them to please DO close my account...I will pay off my balance at their "usual exorbitant interest rate."
I am months ahead on the payments on my most recent of THREE computers I have purchased from Dell. I have spent thousands of $$ at Dell on printers, software, routers, ink... Some of this is personal and some is for the company I own.
Neither I, nor anyone in my company or family will ever again purchase a Dell product.
My daughter has a Dell Latitude laptop under warranty for on site repair through July 2011. The computer...
I purchaed a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop on December 2008. In April of 2009 my hard drive completly failed for...
Get help with your dell problems!
I have had nothing but problems dealing with dell recently. From being flat out called a liar to being hung up on i've seen and heard it all. All I wanted was to spend my $1700.00 plus a sizable amount of interest and get what I paid for, but that just wasn't going to happen. I've been transferred, made to restate all my information over and over again, transferred more, give my information yet again, call drops, start over, repeat again. I've never had so many problems trying to give a company my money - ever.
First, it may or may not help, but it will definitely make you feel better and it will at least send you an automated response which in most cases will be the most you've received since first picking up the phone and making the mistake of dealing with dell. — > bbb < — www.bbb.org/
Additionally, I strongly suggest writing an email to the following email addresses. Some may bounce, some have nothing to do with things, but can probably forward your email to someone who can. I was/am at a point where I really don't care who the hell helps me as long as i'm helped. Oh and short and to the point, I ordered my 3rd dell pc, huge issues... Finally made the choice to just say forget it and build my own, the biggest mistake was being limited to my dell account and having to order the parts through them, which has been the same nightmare dell hell.
After emailing the list above I received not just one phone call, but two phone calls from csrs within literally 10 minutes of hitting the send button. My issues are somewhat resolved, only time will really tell.
Good luck, you'll need it.
After dell deleted messages I posted on their forums to help other users like myself:
Thanks dell, if it is possible to sink even further in my views of you, you've just done it. At least you're successful at something! Oh you also just sparked me to find every message board possible to copy/paste my original post and this one too.
Additionally I have used the email list above to send the deleted forum message to get an answer on why it was deleted and will do the same with this when you delete it. I'm sorry you don't like what i'm saying, here is some advice - get your problems fixed with your customer "care" service and every other function of customer service and you won't have to deal with trying to keep your unhappy customers silent!
Dell Vostro 1510 laptop - service tag JRG42BS
This is with reference to the below mentioned ticket no and voilation of next business day, service level agreement between DELL and me. Please forward this e-mail of mine to the legal department of yours advising them that this has caused me a mental trauma and the service engineer who came to my relatives house has created a big harrasment, even after me speaking to one of the supervisors of TVS on tuesday regarding the CDROM replacement.
The supervisor who spoke to me on Wednesday have actually helped me out from further harrasment.
I am waiting for atleast a manager to speak to me and not any one else.
If incase i do not get to hear from anyone in 3 working days i will take this matter to the court of law against DELL India.
The same thing happened with me in the month of Jan 09, when Ms. Shweta Makkam, helped me out in resolving the issue related to motherboard, when the refurbished motherboard which was sent to me was faulty and i was not being able to even run the diagnostic on it. The original problem of motherboard still exist, and not yet resolved for which the refurbished motherboard was sent (the horizontal line issue).
Thanks and Regards,
Sunil K S Chauhan
I have had an account with DFS for about 4 years, since purchasing my first laptop back in 2005. I rarely use the account but my credit rating is helped by a longevity with a solid company. I got a new laptop a month ago using their pay no interest for 12 months promotion. I decided to go ahead and pay month to month so that there is some action on the account. Setting up the automatic payments, however, did not work. I never received any confirmation and sure enough a month went by and I got a call saying my account was past due. At this point I tried the website, but my login didn't work! The lost password function didn't work either as the website continually told me there was no one at my email address with an account. Frustrated, I called customer service, talked to two people, and all they could do for me is waive the late fee. So in the end I still have on my record a missed payment. As I got more annoyed they got more patronizing. Since no one would admit that there was a possibility that the company had made a mistake, I closed the account on the spot. Funny thing, after they go through the song and dance of trying to keep you on board, they send you a confirmation email telling you that if you change your mind just go ahead and reactivate the account. Dell is great, DFS sucks!
I called to order a monitor and their tech is in india and they dont have a clue about what they are selling. they told me that the monitor I was getting would have a gloss screen but after further research I found it did not. I called india to cancell the order and they told me that it was already invoiced and they could not cancell this order.So I refused the shipment and never got the product and after 10 days I still have not got my refund for something I never received ? I called to see where my money is and they told me it could take up to 31 days to repay me what the f is up with that I never recieved the product and thay told me they had gotten it back the next day.so they sold me the wrong item and took my money right away but wont repay it for 31 days? I will never again buy any dell products and why dont they employee people inthis country USA I know why they need to maxumize profits so they use cheap labor in india never buy dell products !!!
Dell computer corporation Pennsylvania, USA My husband ordered a computer from Dell while he was abroad on a...