Having problems with Dell?

Dell Customer Service Contacts

1800 285 1653 (USA and Canada)
1300 655 533 (Australia)
1800 880 022 (Malaysia)
1800 280 3355 (Singapore)
1866 563 4425 (Mexico)
+1 512 728 7424 (International)
+44 800 028 2660 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 446 255 (New Zealand)
+32 24 819 288 (Belgium)
+45 70 230 182 (Denmark)
+31 206 744 500 (Netherlands)
+41 844 811 411 (Switzerland)
+63 26 632 000 (Philippines)
+966 800 844 3743 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 800 167 000 (South Africa)
+82 802 003 800 (South Korea)
+66 26 707 250 (Thailand)
+54 800 222 0154 (Argentina)
One Dell Way, RR1-61
Round Rock, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dell Customer Service. Initial Dell complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dell above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dell. Discuss the issues you have had with Dell and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dell Complaints & Reviews

Dell — new dell computer repeated failures!!!

Purchased a new Dell computer in April of 2017. Paid good money for the Optiplex 5050! New machine came in...

Dell A10windows 10 operating system

After few updates from microsoft i noticed my computer goes all white (the sreen) that is, even if i am on YOU TUBE. I have to press the escape button +ctrl key in order to get out of the white only screen. this start happening only a few days ago. Will you help?, The white screen happens when i stayed inactive of the curser longer than a minuete or so. I am not sure if this is a DELL A10 or Microsoft windows 10 operating problem or if the laptop has a VIRUS?. Please help. e-mail : [protected]@gmail.com In addition, the white screen happens just right after start-up.

Dellinspiron 15 3000 series

I purchased a new Dell computer for a relatives Christmas present and had it shipped to him during the first couple of weeks in December.We also ordered an additional 4 GB's module thinking we could add that to the 4 in the new laptop.
    I was unable to make it down till after Christmas to help with the additional 4gb add-on only to realize we could not add a second module. So I tried to contact customer service and they were shut down. The next day I had to take my mother-in-law to the hospital with what turned out to be a serious heart problem which has ended with her in Hospice care. During this time I just purchased a second Dell computer locally at a Best Buy with the intention of returning the first unit for a refund.
    I also sent an email to Dell requesting the return explaining what happened. NO RESPONSE. So I have finally had time to call them only to be told it is out of their "30" day policy for a refund !!! They could NOT find my email ...Right ??
    I was told by Sandra "Supervisor" there are NO exceptions for any reason. This is the end for me with Dell.
    The 30 day policy is crazy to begin with especially around a busy season like Christmas and then for them to hear my story and provide no way for me to get a refund...that is the last Dell computer I will ever purchase. Buyer Beware.
    Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.
    Monetary Loss: $319.
    Preferred solution: Full refund.

Delldesktop computer

I just bought the dell computer and it was on open box so there was no manual inside. I called and I was told that I had to print 100 pages on my printer that would not seed a manual I think that this is wrong. Would it be at all possible to mail me the manual for my computer I have 3000 series all-in-one
      Model # 3265 - A067 Black
      SKU#6111242
      Mary McCarthy
      13 Melvin Ave
      East Brunswick NJ 08816

Delldell - issue in screen and its blinking

PFA - invoice

I had purchase Dell Laptop on 30 sep 2017, Invoice no CCINV-[protected] From Iban Battuta Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Attached Hereby Invoice copy)

At the time of purchase i was told by E max sales person that Dell laptop contain international warranty and it has also service center in your city (Jodhpur, India).

But now i am facing problem in my dell laptop, screen blinking.

and now Dell customer is saying that you don't have India warranty and there is also no service center in my city (Jodhpur, India).

Now dell is asking me again purchase the warranty.

Why should i purchase warranty again.

And they are taking 15 days to solve my issue, i am professional and my earning depended on my laptop. So how i can bear 15 days without earning.

Kindly help me.

Regards
        Ankit Boob
        +91 [protected] (India)

Delllaptop not coming on

The is a government agency created by the Federal Government through Decree No. 45 of the 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 referred to in the statute books as the FRSC Act cap 141 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN). Passed by the National Assembly as Federal Road Safety Commission (establishment) Act 2007. The agency's major functions are;
           Making the highway safe for motorists and other road users.
           Recommending works and devices designed to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and advising the Federal and State Governments including the Federal Capital Territory Administration and relevant governmental agencies on the localities where such works and devices are required, and

Dell — xps 15 - dell purchase id [protected]

December 4, 2017 I purchased (by taking out a personal loan!) an XPS Dell laptop for my son to help him...

Dell Services Corporate Headquartersdell does not honor its warranty - corporate hq doesn't care

• DELL DOES NOT HONOR ITS WARRANTY #NeverDellNever

For Black Friday Dell has sent out a brochure claiming half price on its computers. Don't buy it, I mean this figuratively and literally. If a company is not respectable enough to honor its warranty, then you are essentially buying a computer without one. How much of a reduction in price does that carry, when there are so many fine other computers out there? My laptop had a myriad of things go wrong with it, in less than a year. DELL suddenly forgot what a warranty is. They sent mine back with the message and I quote "your laptop has been returned to you unrepaired." I recommend you don't buy from this company at all - not even at 70% off. In less than a year you could end up with a very expensive doorstop.

My whole experience is recounted below:

A Tom's Guide complaint about Dell in 2015 asked, "Is DELL's customer service as bad as they say?" I couldn't say for sure but I can tell you it's really bad right now. We're talking about a company that will do most anything to avoid making good on its warranty.

Senior management knows, they just choose to do nothing about it and they're sitting on my laptop. They've neither fixed nor returned it, (after a month it came back, no better for my effort). I know Management is fully aware because I wrote the President in Round Rock, TX, all the Executives whose addresses I could find), key members of the Board of Directors, the COO of DELL India and every DELL location. Everyone knows, nobody cares. You have to ask, is this a company you want to do business with?

54 emails. That's how many since September. Always, the same lame people offering the same lame communication that they had drilled into them during training. It could not be clearer: DELL is trying to duck its responsibility to repair under warranty. There was a brief attempt by its people to shift responsibility - "there's a spill on the keyboard, " I was told. No, I've understood the responsibility that needs to be exercised around electronics since I was five.

If there was a spill then it happened at their shop. After this response the best the team could do is to repeat itself endlessly without sense or reason though at least two or three employees promised they would take care of it and then didn't. At one point I questioned one of the employees promising repairs would be done to my satisfaction. When I asked him if he was sure he said, "Sir I am a man of my word." I never heard from him gain.

Generally, the corporate line was towed, in hope that the customer would get tired and go away. I know this technique. I teach it. Nissan (like virtually all Japanese companies) has been using the strategy since the late 80s early 90s.

Prior to a piece I wrote, I spoke to their Director of Communication in Smyrna, that's how I know. Of course, the difference between DELL and Nissan is that I've never been sorry I purchased something from Nissan.

I told all DELL's employees, if the laptop is not back in my hands, fixed to my satisfaction and at no cost: then I would launch a media campaign using web, social media and all the usual resources. HQ in Texas didn't care about this campaign either. I imagine they figure the money they'll save not honoring customer warranties should help offset the loss of sales my campaign my campaign might inadvertently cause.

DELL was once a good company, everything indicates it no longer is. The laptop was a problem as soon as I hit the power button - or are you going to claim 100% quality assurance. As a Professor of Communication, the campaign isn't going to be taxing.

I come into contact with hundreds, if not thousands of Professors worldwide through conferences. The academic community will want to know. What is happening with DELL and should universities rely on them as much as we have in the past?

DELL knows I'll continue the campaign until it takes root and I'll have a good technician have a look at my laptop so he can tell me what they did and did not do.

It's not a threat, that's not who I am and not in my nature. It's simply a communication plan as expressed in 55+ emails and over the course of months. Please don't call me.
            Once, I had a problem with my Lenovo. Know what that company's team said? "In three days you'll get a box. Send it in, we'll take care of it." Overall, it took five days from when I sent it to when it was back on my doorstep. Good company, Lenovo. The difference in corporate practice is stark and perhaps all the consumer needs to know.

It took me a year of trying to get DELL to look at my laptop and in no time, they sent it back with an email that said it would be arriving "unrepaired".

I realize you have a choice of where you spend your electronics dollars, and anticipate you will be wise enough to select anything except a DELL. No matter what the discount, an expensive machine is near to worthless if, in effect, it has no warranty. There is a lot of good competition out there where it is possible you'll find superior quality. Also they carry warranties. Real ones, that provide real security and genuine peace of mind.

If you'd like to help spread the word, please feel free to post this complaint on all your social media and I would kindly ask that you suggest the same to your friends and ask they do the same.
            Reason of review: Damaged or defective.
            Monetary Loss: $1200.
            Preferred solution: Full refund.
            I liked: What the promotional literature said.
            - Dr. Smith

Stephanie Lenihan Apr 10, 2018

Thank you for your insight it is much appreciated. I have forwarded the complaint to the BBB Dell is under investigation through them as we speak. I sent Michael Dell as a means of a paper trail. I will continue to write him weekly letters until something is done either through Dell)which I hold no hopes for) or BBB. I only need to show I’ve made a “good faith” effort to get this resolved. I refuse to speak with them. It is absolutely UNREASONABLE to purchase a laptop with the expectation that it will last less than 2 months. They are sorely mistaken if they think I’m going to go away. Once again thank you so much for your response.

Stephanie Lenihan Apr 10, 2018

@Stephanie Lenihan I meant I think it’s important to show a good faith effort. I have no expectations that merely because I made a good faith effort they will respond appropriately or expeditiously. It’s just my policy to put everything in writing.

Stephanie Lenihan Apr 12, 2018

Thank you for your comment. I complained on the Dell site and they never responded. This has been going on for 4 months. I contacted the BBB and issued a complaint and they are in the investigation mode. Dell responded with the same redundant comment, they won't issue a refund or replacement, they will only offer me to send it back for repair which the tech they sent to my home said it cannot be fixed. I wrote a letter to Michael Dell but has yet to hear from him. I WILL take your advise and contact the partners, I'm going to do just that.

Stephanie Lenihan May 23, 2018

I am in the process of a BBB complaint it's a series of statements from Dell my rejecting their solution and it goes on and on. I am as we speak writing a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. They refuse to honor their warranty and yes it was well within the warranty as it was less than 2 months old. I'm not the kind of person who will grow tired of letter writing and reporting. I am contacting a program called "Shame on you" which exposes company practices which are shady at the least.

Stephanie Lenihan Apr 10, 2018

I purchased a laptop and less than 2 months it wouldn't start. I sent it out for repair (why should a laptop less than 2 months old crap out?) When the laptop was returned to me it locked out with bitlock. I called tech support and spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone and low and behold the tech suddenly developed a hearing problem and HUNG UP!! I called customer service to complain and they said they were sending it to the escalation department and he proceeded to tell me that it wasn't the tech's fault. They were supposed to send a tech to my home by February 13 as I was going out of state for an extended period of time and guess what?, they never called or sent a tech. Then they (January in customer service) said they would send someone out to my destination. Well, the tech finally showed up (due to no fault of their own) he stated that they sent him the wrong part (mother board) and showed up with the correct mother board but Dell rep told the tech to bring the wrong part. The mother board was replaced when it was sent out. They were supposed to replace the hard drive which was supposed to be under warranty (stated by January). She said that I could only get a new laptop if the hardware was bad and the hardware was bad. The tech that was sent spent about an hour on the phone with tech support to get bitlock off the laptop and could not. He said it doesn't matter if you put a new hard drive in it still won't work because the laptop will ONLY recognize the one that was already removed. This issue like yours was referred to the "escalation department" and Mr. Chiranjeevi responded the same way at the minimum of 20+ times stating I could not get a new laptop because it was not warranteed even though I was told by January it was. EVERY email started with "I'm sorry for your frustration and inconvenience" which is a crock of bull. NONE of Dell reps are concerned WHAT-SO-EVER!! about anyone's frustration or inconvenience. I refuse to speak with them because you CAN'T understand a word they say as they speak with a thick Indian accident. I requested an American call me so I can understand and each time my request was ignored. If Dell cries "discrimination" against Indian's my point is if you can't understand them then it's a waste of time saying "I can't understand you" for 3 1/2 hours. Dell is supposed to be an American company yet their customer service is in the Philippines and the tech support and "escalation team" is again in India. I would NEVER purchase another Dell Product!! I have even gone as far as contacting Michael Dell via certified letter without any response. I also issued a complaint on the dell sight and NO ONE responded. I've issued a complaint with the BBB and that is an ongoing issue. I don't expect any dell representative to address any issue. It's on Deaf ears.

• Sh
                Shaun R. Dec 03, 2017

Hi Mr Smith.

Enjoyed reading your complaint.

I've got a great deal of background in the industry and can hopefully provide you with some useful insights.

The biggest mistake is assuming that when a product is under 'warranty, ' that whatever goes wrong with the merchandise is covered under said warranty; it is not.

Unfortunately your complaint doesn't describe the details of what happened, rather it just complains about the manufacturer. As such, it leaves the reader unable to validate any claims.

Dellonline specials

Timed deals with no availability after 30 seconds. Thursday 11/23 8 pm eastern time, logged on and had page loaded started trying to enter deal at approx 5 minutes before the hour. At 8:00 and approx 30 seconds response was deal sold out. Then directed to other more expensive "deals". Classic bate and switch. How can Dell do an online special that sells out in less than 30 seconds.

• Po
                  pobarjenkins Nov 24, 2017

It is possible that they simply sold out. I've had this happen to me on other websites like Amazon.

Dellcustomer service

Dell customer servers just chatted with each other and discussed to ignore me, the customer, when one of the customer server is serving me. He sent what was going to talk with his colleagues to me by mistake, so I found out. He tried to explain to me that is supposed to send to another customer but I received it by mistake. Well, I cannot believe another customer on their chatting list knows me-lie. I have saved the chatting page.

customer service

Delldell software updates

Your software writers need to test your updates a lot better. A few months ago I ran an update that corrupted the bios in my 3052 so that it would not boot up. I tried cnrt, alt, del, I repeatedly turned the computer on and off, & I unplugged and plugged it in. All I got was an steady orange light from the power button. I just ran the updates for my 3252s and after neither of them would connect the ethernet adapter that you install on the computers you built. I had to use window to reset them and in took about another hour of downtime for each one. Please check these things out thorughly before you send them out and start annoying us with the constant update alerts!!!

Delldesktop pc

My Dell Inspiron 3650 does not display the monitor after sleep mode. The only way to get around the problem is to reboot. After a few reboots, all data files and settings disappeared. From then on, every time I rebooted any data I had saved would be lost. Also, all settings would be forgotten. I called Dell support on 10/20/17 and spoke to Sivvsik. She told me she couldn't help me since I was out of warranty. She said my warranty expired on 3/29/17. I told her I have a receipt from Walmart with a purchase date of 8/9/17. She said the warranty is from manufacture date and I should return the PC to Walmart. I went to Walmart and they said their return period is 15 days and that is why they sell extended warranties.
                    The PC does have a label stating [protected], but the outside of the box has a label displaying "DELL INSPIRON 05/18/17". I think that's misleading. Maybe Dell should tell customers to open the box before they buy it and ignore the dates on the outside of the box.

Dellinspiron 15 3551 laptop

yesterday i was using the lap suddenly it shut down and i tried to on but can, t...i charged the battery full and then tried to on then it on and after a few second suddenly shut down and it repeated for continuous...but it would not run...lap is without a 2 years usage...but it is now not at all working for a short time, , , then can you tell what is the problem behind and how to fix

Dellmotherboard shot in laptop less than 2 years old

Purchased the Inspiron 15, 3000 series less than 2 years ago, went to use it yesterday and it wouldn't turn on, so I plug in the charger, as soon as I connect it to the computer the green indicator light goes off, thought it was the charger power cord so I try another one, same thing. Turns out the mother board is shot, this not happen with a computer less than 2 years old. Needless to say I am pretty mad, didn't spend that much for this to happen. Will never purchase another dell product again.

Dell — hopeless dell - not covering accidental warranty (precision m4800)

I am Nitin Rajput, a user of your premium workstation PRECISION M 4800 (my 4th laptop from dell). I was very...

Dellsmps order to dell

I ordered a power supply unit for my desktop and requested Dell not to send there engineer as I can easily do that. But even after my written request, they sent engineer and cost of that they took in their order. As I have done this previously, I know that Dell has a provision of separate charges for delivery and engineer visit. I contacted to them regarding them but they refused it saying "this is our policy. We can't help you over it". I NEED MY MONEY BACK. Reply ASAP.

Dell — inspiron 15 5000 series

hello. My name is simone rohan I purchased a dell computer from Walmart back on august 2017. I had a problem...

Delldell inspiron 15 5000 series

This has been absolute NIGHTMARE for a BRAND new laptop purchased . Windows wouldn't even work when I tried the laptop for the first time . Was on the phone for 3 hours with tech support and got no where. I then had to hang up go BUY a flash drive to then find ANOTHER laptop/ computer to use for them to install windows onto the flash drive . This then took over 2 hours and therefore I could not attend work. I then plug the flash drive back into my new laptop and have nothing that I paid for with my Inspiron such as virus protection and Microsoft office . I then have to call back AGAIN and have now spent over 6 hours on the phone over 3 days for a completely brand new laptop that should already be in perfect condition. I have had absolutely nothing but trouble with it and will no longer be continuing my services with Dell and will be switching to Apple products. Absolutely rediculous

Dellmanufacturing defect and its services

I purchased a dell laptop 7Gi7-7700hq/8gb/1tb/n4gb/15.6fdh. service tag 5pw0rh2. but Have to returned due to manufacturing defect and to get replacement it to me over one month. on top that every time I have to mail to check it progress. Your team at every level have incomplete knowledge about product and services to customers. Your team is failed terribly in each department right from manufacturing unit to delivery of services. each agents try to pacify their customers with their own understanding. I think Dell don't have standard SOP in place at each level and more over there is no coordination among your departments and associates. more to talk about...

Dellfraud department

Yesterday I got a call from Dell Tech Services [protected]) and they said someone had hacked into my laptop. They said they could install an anti hacking device. For payment they said to purchase a bunch of gift cards for Apple I-tunes and Steam, and they would reimburse me. Does Dell operate that way. When I did a reverse phone lookup, it came up as a Raymond S Romero. Does he work for you? I think you are being hacked. These people talked in foreign accent like Pakistan or East Indian