Menu
Databazaar Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Databazaar
reviews & complaints

www.databazaar.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.8 9 Reviews

Databazaar Complaints Summary

4 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Databazaar, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Databazaar has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Databazaar. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Databazaar reviews & complaints 9

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Databazaar reviews & complaints

L
12:48 pm EST

Databazaar This company is not reliable

This company is not reliable, I ordered 10 days ago and when i called to check in, they told me the order was cancelled...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM...

Read full review of Databazaar and 3 comments
3 comments
A
A
Aliebhart1
May 15, 2012 2:04 am EDT

This order was placed 05/04/12 I had to call yesterday, 05-14-12, to find the order had not yet shipped & they would ship it that same day, meaning 05-14-12. Guaranteeing it would arrive no later than 05-16-12.

I called back today 05-15-12, because I did not receive an e mail indicting the order had been shipped.

They now tell me that the order will ship TODAY! It had not gone out & would probably arrive in 2 days. Although I finally spoke with Caroline, a Supervisor who said it would ship out from Dallas & she would guarantee deliver for tomorrow.

This is the second time in a row I have had problems getting deliveries from Databaazar. The last time was a partial deliver that could not be completed & I was left hanging for supplies.

This time is also a serious matter as we leave Thur early am & deliveries are not made until early evening.

You now charge $6.95 Shipping & Handling, a fast flat-rate. If I had paid for 2nd day would it have arrived? Is this a gimmick, because I have been a Databaazar customer for years & if this is how you are now running your business this will be the last time I order.

I don't have the time or want to expend the energy tracking down an order for 2 weeks.

CarolynCO
Westminser, US
Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

To follow up, I forgot to mention that I called DataBazaar.com on Tuesday evening only to receive a voice message. I left a message saying that I was canceling the order because going on two weeks was too long to wait, and that I was calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. When I talked to the credit card company, they asked if I still wanted the ink cartridges and I said "no." The credit card dispute was started Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. After the credit card company contacted them, lo and behold this morning (Thursday), there is an email confirmation from DataBazaar confirming that shipment was made yesterday afternoon, and it will arrive this afternoon. I immediately replied to the email saying the order was canceled on Tuesday and that the credit card dispute was begun on Wednesday morning and this was Thursday. I asked for instructions for returning the cartridges at THEIR cost. My email has not been answered. Coincidence that the cartridges were shipped the same day I began my credit card dispute and after they were contacted by the credit card company? -- I don't think so.

CarolynCO
Westminser, US
Apr 04, 2012 5:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They don't deliver. This is the first time I ever placed an order with DataBazaar.com. It will be the last. I called on March 23 and placed a $255 order for my inkjet. I was told it would be shipped by UPS and I would receive it in 2-5 days. I received an email order confirmation, but no shipping confirmation. After a week I called and asked the status of the order. She said it would be shipped the next day (Friday) and I would receive on Monday. Nothing on Monday and nothing on Tuesday. Just shy of two weeks since placing the order, I called my credit card this morning to begin a billing dispute for the charges.

1:18 pm EDT

Databazaar Terrible First Impression

First, they didn't accept my debit card, but not before charging $13.00 out 3 times making it impossible for me to use it for the next week and a half, when I called their customer service line the lady I spoke to was very difficult to understand, and after speaking to my credit card company and calling databazaar back, the man that was unable to help me was equally difficult to understand.

Read full review of Databazaar and 1 comment
1 comment
Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Horrible service. Instead of honestly admitting that the item is out of stock they fingerpoint on my credit card stating that the order is determined to be fraudulent. STAY AWAY!

1:41 pm EDT

Databazaar Poor order handling, no customer service

I ordered a set of ink cartridges a few weeks before I knew my business would need them so as to be prepared for when I ran out (as waiting for ink to arrive can cause serious problems for a retailer). They sent me a box that looked very similar to what I ordered, but contained CL-8 cartridges instead of the CL-221's that I needed. I didn't notice this until I went to change the ink as the receipt said they sent CL-221's, as did the item description...now I'm out of ink and my business is suffering as a result. I've attempted to exchange the cartridges and all I've gotten are automated responses. Can't get in touch with anyone that can help me. I would strongly advise against doing any business with this company: the job they do is obviously very poor and there's nil customer service to help you out when they mess up your order.

Is Databazaar legit?

Our verdict: Databazaar earns high praise from Complaints Board, distinguished as a company with a robust reputation for trustworthiness and reliability. Despite the possibility of occasional service issues, Databazaar's overall track record speaks to its legitimacy and reliability as a service provider. Engaging with Databazaar can be done with confidence, though maintaining a level of caution.

Databazaar earns 83% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Databazaar near-perfect at 83% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Databazaar. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Databazaar.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Databazaar website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Databazaar.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Databazaar, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Databazaar as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Databazaar.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Databazaar.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The databazaar.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Databazaar protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Databazaar. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
1:27 pm EST

Databazaar I will never shop there again

I purchased 3 HP compatible black ink cartridges from databazaar in June. I had no need for them until this week. I opened them one at a time, and all 3 were empty of ink, in other words, junk cartridges that had never been refilled. So I wrote an email to their customer service, and received a reply that items can only be returned up to 30 days from date of purchase, so they won't do anything. A friend had a similar experience with a compatible toner cartridge; after 30 days, you're out of luck. I think this is outrageous, and I will never shop there again.

Read full review of Databazaar and 1 comment
1 comment
Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm EDT

U
5:29 pm EDT

Databazaar This company has an unrealistic return policy which in reality translates into not guaranteeing its products

Databazaar sells compatible toner cartridges for Samsung printers. I am having a problem with one of the toner cartridges I bought from Databazaar. I contacted the customer service department (located in India, trained only to read a script) and shared my printing problem. The customer service representative agreed that I had a defective toner cartridge. However, since my purchase from Databazaar occurred more than 30 days ago, Databazaar would not guarantee/replace the toner cartridge. I attempted to contact a company representative at its Miramar, Florida office but was unsuccessful. I currently need to purchase two more toner cartridges and five ink jet cartridges. That being said, I will not order again from Databazaar as the company has an unrealistic return policy which in reality translates into not guaranteeing its products.

U
1:37 pm EST

Databazaar Won't accept defective product return

I purchased four refilled printer cartridges. The first one I installed about 60-90 days ago worked fine. The second one I tried to install today, said "wrong cartridge for printer".

I called Databazar and they told me about their 30 day return policy. Since most of us do not use two color cartridges in 30 days, I asked for help since it is clearly thier problem. They Said NO WAY.

I disputed the charge with my credit card company as my only recourse.

Not a good Company - be careful

L
4:14 pm EST

Databazaar damage from toner cartridge

I bought a compatible toner cartridge from them. As soon as we installed it and made our first copy, it was clear something was wrong. The printer made a horrible grinding noise and produced horrendous output.
I asked for a refund which they promptly issue. I then ordered an OEM cartridge from them and found that the machine could not produce clean output. I cleaned the drum and printer, and this helped for the first copy, then subsequent copies were dirty.
I asked databazaar.com to send me a replacement drum, as this had obviously been damaged by the faulty toner cartridge. They refused.
I purchased the drum from another company, and immediately was able to produce clean output.
I maintain that they need to reimburse for the drum, and they refuse.

11:54 am EST

Databazaar Bad customer service

Purchased fax ribbons

Defective 100% Guaranteed Product

Called for replacement with in warranty time

No return call from Databazaar.com

Finally reached foreign customer service company

Rude customer service person, argued with me

Came up with different reasons to not honor guarantee

Each time I read her the posted guarantee on the factory box

Said there was no guarantee, no replacement

Custom Service refused all attempts to have replacement sent

Never buy from Databazaar.com

Customer service person would not stop arguing with me and would not stop talking

Customer service repeated herself over and over

No Replacement Guarantee honored

Timothy K.
Salisbury, US
Feb 05, 2012 3:43 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

After using one of four HP laser printer toner cartridges, and noting that it seemed to not deliver an appropriate number of printed copies, I emailed Databazaar and asked what the weight of each filled cartridge should be when leaving their shipping department. The answer: from 8 to 13 ounces more than my "full" cartridges weighed. I requested that I be able return them all for a refund. As I was over the 30 day time limit, my request was initially denied, but after repeated tries, the customer rep emailed me that I could return the carts at my own expense and get a refund for the purchase price.
I shipped them back 2 months ago, and even though I've emailed them several times, I have had no response and no refund.

eliza7391
Dec 09, 2010 5:46 am EST

After two months of use (printed approximately 70 pages) replacement drum cartridge for Brothers DR-250
supplied by Databazaar felt apart. Thin layer covering roller completely piled off. When I called Databazaar
representative he promised to refer case to another department and call me back. However nothing happened.
Databazzar is not reliable company and will never buy anything from them in the future.

R
8:47 am EST

Databazaar Awful experience

My company purchased 2 laser ink cartridges from Databazaar.com, because they were a lot less expensive than purchasing them in an office supply store. When we received them, the first one we tried did not work, the company sent us a UPS return label & we returned the cartridge & received another one, which also did not work, we went to buy the original cartridge from an office supply store & that didn't work, we were told that we probably received defective merchandise which in turn destroyed our laser printer. I called Databazaar & explained the situation, they said they could not do anything regarding the printer but would send a UPS label to return the 2 laser cartridges and would refund $55.30 once the merchandise was back to them. We did not hear from them, for over a week & did not receive a refund, so on December 10, we sent them an email & I checked the ups tracking, the package was indeed signed for on December 3 at their Florida location. I was told that by looking at the package weight they could tell that there was not 2 ink cartridges in there, I assured them there was, I had 2 people with me when packaging and sending the box. I did not put them back in the original individual boxes as they came in & then they were in a larger box, I just threw them together in one box & sent them. After stating that, they are telling me that they have another rma# for us and have not received the merchandise & will not be issuing a refund until receiving this. I do not nor have never had any other merchandise from them, I returned the first defective cartridge & then the 2nd pkg containing 2 defective cartridges. They do not answer my emails, they will not return phone calls, I have 7 requests to them asking for a response, have not received any responses. I was assured that somebody by the name of Rita would return my call as she is located in the Florida office, but never received a phone call from her. The only people that I can speak to are located in India and say they will get back to me and do not. I don't know what to do next, but this is not right. They also accidentally sent me an RMA # for a return not too long ago which was meant for another company, but then I received an email after that telling me to disregard the previous message. So, obviously they are making other errors.

Read full review of Databazaar and 12 comments

12 comments
N
N
nkaryb
Edmond, US
Feb 15, 2012 11:58 pm EST

I purchased a toner cartridge for a Lexmark Optra S1855. It was a piece of garbage. The printer wouldn't even recognize the cartridge. The cartridge had a loose piece in it which made it rattle. The sides of the cartridge were loose. Overall, very BAD quality.

I contacted the company and I never received a response. STAY AWAY from this sorry company.

jones510
newark, US
Aug 20, 2012 11:39 am EDT

Orderd toner on August 1st, it is now the 20th and order still has not been delivered. No email or contact from them stating it's on back order, not coming, nothing. They have ripped me off. I spent $75 with them and no product.

Jgz
Miramar, US
Jun 18, 2013 8:18 pm EDT

Databazaar give me excellent service the other comments maybe is from the competition

Apr 10, 2013 2:32 pm EDT

Z
Z
ZizzerZazz
Arlington, US
Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm EST

I had the same experience as original poster. DataBazaar mailed to me the wrong toner cartridges. After repeated calls and emails, including a calls to "Rita", they sent me the return shipping label. I pack the cartridges back into the box, ship them back with confirmation from UPS, and never received a refund. Again, my repeated emails and calls to "Rita" have gone unanswered. I am wondering whether this is inadvertent incompetence or something worse.

Luckily, Amazon offered the same "generic" version of the cartridges for less than half the price. I am kicking myself for not looking there first.

severely twisted
Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm EST

This company is the worst. Probably working out of a garage somewhere in Florida. They sent us (4) cartridges and only one fit. We sent (3) back and never received a credit even though they sent documentation it was issued. Strung us out for over a year and we are still fighting. They appear to be legit but we found it strange that when ever we called we got Rita. You might as well piss into the wind.

Dave Hansen
Cape Coral, US
Feb 03, 2012 6:13 pm EST

i just purchased a black and color printer cartridge for a canon mp470. When I installed them I found them to be incompatible. I google a fix for these cartridges and tried what I could. Of course they remain incompatible to oem specs. In the meantime, the boxes were thrown out. They want the original packaging boxes to honor the RMA. The boxes are not the problem, the cartridges are the issue. It almost sounds like they are putting them back in stock for resell. I am now waiting for a reply as to the lack of the original boxes. I plan on making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, blasting them on twitter and facebook if they refuse to except the cartridges without the boxes. I urge everyone else who has complaints to do the same

DavidH.
Mullica Hill, US
Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm EDT

I purchased a rebuilt toner cartridge for an HP-Laserjet 6L from Databazaar and kept it in reserve for more that the guarantee period of thirty days...it was defective right out of the box when I did finally get around to installing it. Databazaar took my money and sold me junk: they have declined to replace this defective item. I will stay away from Databazaar from this point on and advise others to do the same..! I now use my local Cartridge World franchise. They appear to be honest and stand by the products they sell. I have asked Databazaar to remove me from their mailng list and will also put 'em in my email client's 'kill file'...

David H.

marco5150
Oxnard, US
Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm EDT

I bought two HP75 cartridges when my printer told me I was low on ink. I wound up not running out of ink for 3 more months. When I installed the new cartridge the printer said that it was incompatible as well as the second one. Customer service said I was out of luck, my 30 days were up. What if the first one worked and the second one 6 months later didn't ? Whats the point of buying two for a discount when your gonna get screwed anyway

C. Jorgeson
Sebastopol, US
Nov 05, 2009 7:16 pm EST

I just had a similar experience with databazaar, and wish I had checked here first. I purchased 3 HP compatible ink cartridges from them in June, had no need for them until this week, and when I opened the package and installed the first one, it was empty. Same with the other two. I sent an email to their customer service, and was told that since it was more than 30 days from date of purchase, they would do nothing. This is an outrageous policy for a defective - in fact, useless! - product. Never again.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Databazaar contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Databazaar?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Databazaar Customer Service. Initial Databazaar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Databazaar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Databazaar. Discuss the issues you have had with Databazaar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.