David's BridalHorrible service!

My family also experienced horrible service at david's bridal.

My mother and I drove over 2 hrs in the snow to visit my sister who is preparing for her wedding in june. We had an appointment at david's in grand rappids, mi at 1:30. We were there for all of 45 minutes when the 'lady' who was helping my sister told her she would need to make another appointment to return and try on more dresses. My sister told her that we traveled a long way and were expecting to find a dress today. The attendent was very rude to my sister and insisted we needed to make another appointment. We were looking at $1k dresses and were prepared to order that day - our attendent clearly did not want to help us.

About an hour into the appointment when I learned of this, I went to the front desk and was told that appointments usually last an hr to an hr and a half and that our attendant was probably just tired and needed a break. Now the store had only been open for 2 hours - and if you need a break - go take it!! You don't make a customer cry becasue you want them to leave after all they did to arrange this shopping trip with guests from out of town.

I voiced my dissatisfaction to the front desk then went back and sat quietly to see if anything would be done. My sister was trying a new dress much different from the other styles she had tried previously - and she really liked it. So much that it was her new #1 pick. The attendant then refused to show her any similar dresses and said she would have to make another appointment.

I want david's bridal to know without any uncertainty at all - that my sister would have purchased the dress she liked if not for the attendant. She kept telling us that she loved it - but she looked so miserable and unhappy - we didnt see that light or that smile that we had seen with some of her other dresses at all. So we insisted she hold off on her decision and left after 2 hours total of being there. She told us in the car that she really did love the dress, was just so upset at the service she was trying not to cry. At this point we are going to try another shop and I seriously doubt she will return to david's.

Having been in the service industry for a long time I can understand that people have a bad day - but this was just terrible customer service all around. Even after I voiced my dissatisfaction to the front desk - not once did anyone else come to check on us or follow up on the complaint. You know the kicker? The store wasn't even busy! There were many attendants who didnt have customers who just kept walking by or chatting with their co-workers.

Weddings are stressful enogugh - if the staff at david's is too busy to show common courtesy and be kind to their brides - we will find another place to spend our money.

This is supposed to be a happy time in a woman's life - where she builds good memories with her family and friends. Dress shopping is a part of that. When we left - my sister was so upset that we wasted all of this time and money on this trip to shop with her and had such a horrible experience.

Thanks, david's.

• De
    Desiree greer May 26, 2011

I went to a david's bridal in the philadelphia area located in the northeast and i received the best service any bride could have gotten. I even find the perfect dress for my special day. the one lady, Aneesha was very helpful to me and so are the other ladies who work at the store as well.I would recommend that store to any bride who is looking for A+ service. To the lady who had a bad experience at the other bridal store you cant label all stores as having horrible service. I know philly would be a long drive or flight for you, you would have gotten the service you wanted and you would have felt like a princess on your special day. I know I felt that way when I picked out all my things for my special day. Im really sorry that you had a bad experience rather than give up on david's Bridal try finding another store that other people you know went to and try there for better service. I understand you were mad or angry or upset about the service dont make it bad for the other stores who do give excellent service to their customers.I also feel bad for you because you drove 2 hours in a snow storm to get that perfect dress cheer up. I know you had a beautiful weeding. Keep your head up and I hope things workout for the best for you. My name is desiree greer and Im using my fiancee's page to respond you can respond back on his web page. Good luck next time around.

• Ug
    Ugotme Dec 16, 2009

What if they told YOU that they couldn't take you at all that day because all of their staff was working with people who ran 3-4 hours for their 1-2 hour appointments? What's the point in them making appointments at all then? If I make an appt. I want to make sure they take ME. They only have so many staff, ya know. Some other bride was held up because of you and was prolly screaming at her on the other end...could you blame that bride for not being upset? Sometimes, like you, brides bring out-of-town family and several bridesmades. It's HARD to coordinate people all at the same day/time these days! BUT, in your defense, David's should make appts. for minimum of 3hrs and keep eveyone happy. If the consultant is done early then she can take a break! Who the heck can find a gown in less than 2 hours? The store should make a certain amount of 3 hr. appts. and advertise walk-in service only if time-slots become free. Bridal stores shouldn't make such short time-slots...and like DOCTORS, when one person is late ..all the rest after have to suffer. HELLO????Did you bridal shops JUST start selling dresses recently? Haven't you run into this before? Gimme a break.

Anonymous Dec 08, 2009

That does sound very rude, but why didn't you ask for a manager or ask to be paired with another consultant if they were not busy? I just find it really odd that she told you to make another appointment and come back later, when your sister was ready to buy a gown, because the consultants work on commission. That's very bizarre, and i can tell you, that's not at all like that at my store. We've had brides in there for almost 5 hours before, and we never told them to come back at another time (unless it was super duper busy and they were just trying to decide between two gowns, and then we use it as a selling tactic, like "Go to lunch [or dinner], think about it, and come back."). Consultants want the sale, and they want their brides to walk away happy.