Dairy Queenassistant manager talking

I recently quit my job as manager for very personal reasons and i am now getting phone calls about the new assistant manager.These calls are not only from friends but also from loyal customers that tell me that this woman is bad trashing my name. We live in a small town everyone knows everyone and my customers will always be important and I dont appreciate this kind of name trashing not only for myself or for my husband. I will notify the cooperate office and also the new manager in charge. I have no regrets and I also hold no hard feelings to the new manager.But when it comes down to my getting phone calls from customers then there is something with the management. I appreciate everything that Jane and Wade did for me and my husband.

• Gravitytheseducer May 03, 2012

That's hilarious they served you a salad in a box! like wtf LOL

• ript Mar 13, 2012

Keisha's a he?

• Ke
    Keisha31 Mar 13, 2012

I ordered two small blizzards. They are currently advertising a special where the second blizzard equal or smaller size is $0.99. I pull up to the drive thru window and they only charged me for one. I then tell the gentleman that I ordered two he then charges my credit card for the second one. I check my receipt and he charges the second one at full price without even telling me. I then explain to him that the second blizzard is only suppose to be $0.99 and he tells me there is nothing he can do but leave a note for the day shift manager. I told him it was unacceptable and that I wanted to speak with a manager. He tells me he is the manager on duty. How can a manager not be trained to fully operate his/her shift?

• Be
    Belee Mar 13, 2012

Two of us went to the Dairy Queen located on Valley Blvd. in Bloomington, CA. We placed a simple order of a Chicken Salad and a Cheeseburger and fries. 15 minutes later we noticed they were serving numbers past ours. We inquired and they told us our order was not ready yet because a salad takes a long to to prepare .

Hmmm.. let's see, lettuce, tomato, some cheese and chicken! They brought us our order about 5 minutes later. Instead of a bowl that the salad comes in they had ripped off the top of a box and put it in there. This made it very difficult to eat and I had to throw the remainder of my salad away because it couldn't be transported in a leaking box! The cashier said she would inform the manager of our 20 minute wait, but the manager didn't even have the decency to come out and appologize. I will never frequent this place again and probably never go to another Dairy Queen again. I find Sonic as good, and their ice cream is better.

• Di
    disappointed4469 Aug 28, 2011

The chicken basket from sturgis, MI is ridiculous...the chicken strips are like little tiny finger foods, the toast is the same way and dont taste right and hardly any fries in it...????????? why is that? why didn't i get what i paid for?

Sabster1011 Jul 14, 2011

Maybe she was new?

• Vl
    VLYNN Apr 07, 2011

We went to Dairy Queen ordered our food and was first overcharged then the cashier did not have the change fund to give me the change back so I gave her the coins and expected her to know to give me back the bill, but she couldn't because she could not count the money from what she had in her hand and what was on the register. This is not an a one time happening at this location I have been overcharged and shorted change on a average of every second to third time I visit this store. When called on this they throw a fit and act like I am a pariah on society. Too bad for them I am a
    business owner in the area and have lots of contacts myself and the word will get out to watch your money or try the other location in Austell or at Avenue West. The main problem is this was a family member of the owner not a regular employee who would have been fired for lack of knowledge. Oh well family comes first I hope they remember that when the bills come due.

• Tc
    TCOB Oct 21, 2010

As a former employee of sauk city dairy queen, I know first-hand how unsanitary the facility is. Current employees have informed me that the restaurant now has a mouse infestation. I don't know what qualifies as an infestation, but seven mice have been found in various places around the store. Of these sightings, one was a dead, rotting mouse found in the soda closet, also many near the food in the cabinets. Although they attempt to control the problem with traps, they failed to clean up the feces left behind near the product. Altogether, dq is unsanitary and unfit to serve product to the unknowing customers. Please look into this problem immediately and talk to the currently employed staff for details of the situation.

• As
    ASS_DQ_MANAGER Sep 12, 2010

Give it up Irene. Everyone knows you didn't quit for personal reasons. Jane and Wade fired you. I'm sorry if the things I said hurt your feelings... but it's the truth. Assistant managing a Dairy Queen is hard work and I'm doing the very best I can. Please stop calling corporate and trying to get me fired. This is the behavior that got you fired in the first place.

• Mi
    MissPDX Oct 29, 2009

Here is what I have learned, take from it what you want, having been on both sides. People have bad days, maybe her grandma just died?! Or her dog died. Does that excuse her actions? Nope. She still has a job to do and to leave her personal baggage at the time clock before she clocks on for work. So here is what I would do, and find that it is very effective when dealing with people in CS. If you don't feel like you were treated fairly/properly, talk/call her manager and explain the situation. Tell them their ice cream was sub par. Chances are, you will the manager will appreciate your feedback and use it as a teaching opportunity for the employee. You will also, probably be comped for the value of ice cream. It is DQ though?! Like you said take your business elsewhere and let it be known. If she is a punk little brat that thinks she's cute showing off, after enough complaints the manager will probably get rid of her. Again, it is DQ though :)

• Ha
    Hailey Winston Oct 29, 2009

I had ordered some food through the drive thru, and a young lady had taken my order. She was a bit snippy that I had taken a while to order, and seemed upset with me. She handed me my ice cream like she was shoving it into my face and had a sarcastic tone to everything she said to me. I asked her for some napkins and she gave me a huge stack, most likely to shut me up. I told her I didn't need that many and she scoffed after she closed the window.I would expect a little more cordial response, because I am a customer. I was not rude to her, nor did I make her job any harder, her job is to serve me. Also, the ice cream, which I ordered a peanut butter cup blizzard, had almost NO CANDY in it. All in all, her demeanor was unpleasant therefore making me have an unpleasant day. I don't think I'll be visiting this Dairy Queen again.
    Thank you for your time.

• Ce
    ceasar, pauline Sep 20, 2009

At approximately 12:55 p.m. after church service, I went to the loction noted above and ordered a large caramel malt with no milk added. The worker completed the order and then informed the male manager that she had done so and discribed the order. Immediately, the manager became upset and expressed himself in an angry tone and instructed the worker to discard the malt and start over making the new one with milk. As the worker explained once more that I did not want milk, the manager stated, "I don't care, make it with milk". I observed this discussion and it did not conclude until I tapped on the window, advised that I could here the discussion, and requested that the order be canceled and my money be returned. I did not understand the manager's level of upset. I am certain the the amount of icecream served fot the malt is the same with or without milk. It was distrubing to observe his behavior and tone.

• Ne
    never again1 Aug 20, 2009

[protected] around 2 P.M. I visited as a daily customer and was watching as they were having trouble with the ice cream machine nearly the same time, right after i got my ice cream, i went and seated myself to a table to enjoy my desert and saw a girl with long black hair running to the front of the building look like she was in her mid 40s screaming for someone to go and smash a big cockroach meanwhile she was cursing at one of her co-workers because they wouldn't do it for her. Every worker looked like they were on drugs and it smelled the marijuana from the workers walking to take my order. I would very much appreciate it if these problems would be taken care of and everyone be drug tested for the safety of your future customers.

Lilyx Aug 18, 2009

So what if they were out of ice cream? Macdonalds have also ran out of ice cream before. Also, there were probably dirty windows because it was so busy.. Leading to the reason why THEY HAD NO ICE CREAM. I've been working there for more than a year and I find it very sad how costumers get so mad over every little thing. We aren't perfect.

lilvixen69 Aug 12, 2009

I hate it when people pull into drive thru and proceed to order five meals...get off your butt and walk into the restaurant. The drive thru is supposed to be quick and you're just holding it up.

• Ta
    Talitha Mar 28, 2009

my family and I have been going to dairy Queen for some time and love the Waffle Bowl.
    Tonight we decided to have one and it was the smallest worst made and tasting we have ever had or seen
    The Waffle Bowl was small.
    The whip cream taseted watery.
    There was no strawberries only juice.

• Pa
    PauletteR Feb 05, 2009

I have just put my complaint in I hope it works and that they actually do something about it. Man it's funny because I was not a bad customer I was nice to her the whole time.if she would have had one at least one of my customers when I worked in a restaurant I think she'd have a heart attack!

• Bo
    Bobbi Feb 02, 2009

Paulette,
    Go to www.dairyqueen.com and look for the talk to DQ button at the bottom of the page. You can send your complaint to them through this site. You might have to look up the DQ that you were served at on this site. Good Luck.

• Pa
    PauletteR Feb 02, 2009

I was making a complaint without being rude and was getting a refund for a last perchas I had made. The manager kept trying to make excuses for the mistake that had happened and well i'm five months pregnant and I cannot get upset so I kept saying I didn't want to hear it. And that igt was ok and that I didn't care anymore and when I was about to drive off the manager yells to me fatass. I need help I want to know what can be done and I want that manager to understand that if she is working in a public place where she treats customers she should not speak like that.

• Hy
    Hydra Jan 10, 2009

Some things at Dairy Queen take longer to cook. At the one I work (as is similar to all others) we keep food pre-cooked at VERY low amounts. This is because the food must be thrown away if not used before it starts to taste bad. So maybe your friend ordered an item they already had some cooked, and you ordered something they didn't. What else is there to do besides talking while waiting for food to get cooked? Especially since a select few of the items take 6-10 minutes to fully cook.

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Aug 26, 2008

Don't you mean ICE MILK?

• Ro
    Ron Courtney Aug 18, 2008

While visiting the Dairy Queen in Wellston, Ohio on 08-18-08, they were out of vanilla ice cream. I don't know for how long they had been out. I can't imagine running out of ice cream at a Dairy Queen. This store also has the dirtiest windows I have ever seen in a food business. This is a constant problem. The employees also don't have sanitary
    habits. On this date. I don't think they even knew we were in and out after reading the sign stating they were out of vanilla ice cream. We won't eat any food products at this Dairy Queen, because of the problems mentioned.We have always liked the Dairy Queen products and this is the closest one to us.

Mary Aug 04, 2008

On July27, my mother-in-law, a friend and I were traveling and stopped at the Dairy Queen in Town Creek, Al. The employees acted as though they didn't want to wait on us and they were in no hurry to get the orders out. There was one out front and two in the back and they all acted as though they had other things to do, like talking! They just stopped what they were doing and starting talking to each other. I was not the only unhappy customer. My friend got her order and was almost done with it before we got ours. Will never stop there again!

Liz Jul 10, 2008

I just got a cookie dough blizzard and there is absolutly no cookie dough in it

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Jul 02, 2008

Wow...You are going to get VERY FAT eating at dairy queen that often

• Re
    Rebecca johnson Jun 20, 2008

I have been a customer at this Dairy Queen for several years. My family and I have been coming in at least twice a week to have dinner. We are always happy about how we are treated and are service is normally great. But for about the past month I have realized that we have been have been waiting a few minutes long and the employees don't seem as respectful as before. I understand that you have had a quite change of employees for the past few weeks, but that is none of my concern. I am writing to you about a certain individual. I believe that she is a manager and to my knowledge she has not been there very long. She seems to be the manager working everytime my family and I come in, but I realized that she really doesn't help out her co-workers. To me this is a concern because I do come in very often and I believe there should be something done about this. Usually when we come in your crew is rather busy but I don't mind the wait. This certain person is always walking around and seems to do nothing! I notice this everytime I come in. The last time I was in the restaurant she was asked by a few coworkers for help and she would say okay and just walk away. As a manager she should be as helpful as possible with whatever she can do. Instead She gives then attitude and seems very rude. I have been in your restaurant very frequently lately and I have not once seen her take someones order or make it. One incident when I came in one afternoon her and another manager I suppose, took an employee away to talk to her and they were telling this employee how she wasn't doing anything right and she was to slow. I understand that there is a point when to say something and when to put someone down. When I come in I observe, and I have figured out this managers name is Cher. I believe that this woman should be talked to. I believe that some changes should be made with the way your employees treat each other. I understand that sometimes I could come in on a bad day but everyone should be treated with some respect. As I said my family and I are loyal customers at your store and there should be no reason for us to not come back.

James Jun 17, 2008

I went through the Dairy Queen drive thru at about 5:30 pm on June 16th to place an order for my family. No vehicles were ahead of me at the window and when I drove around the building it did not appear to be busy inside. In fact, I noticed a female employee outside talking on her cell phone. I waited at the speaker for about two minutes until a womans voice announced that it would be a few more minutes and to look over the menu. I told her that I already had a list of what I wanted but I'd wait. Six minutes passed by before the woman told me to go ahead with my order. She was being very rude as I placed my order by rushing me and asking me, over and over again, if my order was complete. She sounded annoyed that I was even there. My order consisted of three combo's, two kids meals, and three medium blizzards, totaling a little more than $40. After placing my order I pulled up to the window.

The store didn't look understaffed; I noticed employees standing around inside joking and not doing anything. Five more minutes passed by before a short girl with a lot of acne came over to the window to take my money. She tried to charge me $10 more than she said at the speaker. When I asked her about it she got cocky and stated that she knows how to take an order. I told her again that she was wrong and it was finally determined that she double charged me on a combo and a blizzard. She adjusted the total but did not even apologize. I waited almost TEN more minutes for my order and when it came the same girl practically threw it in my face. The fries were cold and the blizzards were melting. By this time I was furious and demanded to see a manager. I also wanted to know this girl's name. She said I didn't need to know her name and that she WAS a manager. I heard one of the other employees call her "Cher". I was in a hurry to get home to my hungry family and in no mood to hang around and argue, so I just asked to get some fresh fries and blizzards that weren't melted, which I eventually got. I went home and after eating called the store to get the owner's information so I could file a complaint. The same girl, "Cher", answered the phone and then hung up on me.

I'm 42 years old and I have NEVER been treated like this before. Dairy Queen has lost my business once and for all.

Charles Wright Apr 15, 2008

Well BOO-HOO! Your an idiot for waiting that long. You should have just taken the GREAT food they serve and ate it!

• Ru
    Russ Spencer Feb 10, 2008

At about 3:00 p.m. on 2/10/08, My wife and I ordered two hamburgers, fries and two drinks at the only Dairy Queen in Crosbyton, Texas. We waited for about forty minutes and began to notice that customers who had come in much later than we were getting their orders. They ordered hamburgers, like we did. Finally, I went to see what the hold-up was, and apparently the cook overlooked our order, even though the manager said that it showed up on her screen.

We had paid cash and the woman who took our order did not give us a receipt. However, when told the amount, they saw that our order had been turned in before all other customers who were now almost finished eating. The cook told me, "I'll fix it now," showing that she had missed the order. We were both too upset to eat, and moreover we needed to get on the road. With some reluctance, they canceled the order and refunded the $9.49.

This is not an isolated case. In recent years the quality of the service of Dairy Queen, and the quality of their employees, have declined greatly. In small towns, especially, like Crosbyton, TX, employees are frequently rude, and in recent years are becoming more rude and incompetent. We will never eat in another Dairy Queen.

• Je
    Jesse Randy Delk Dec 23, 2007

I visited DQ on the evening of 12/23/07. I was in a hurry and went through the drive-thru. After ordering I hurried home to watch a football game. Upon arriving home I noticed I had received a single pattie classic instead of the double patty classic I had ordered. I immediately drove back to the DQ, went inside and explained the situation. At this time there was no other customers inside and only 1 vehicle in the drive-thru. When the girl told the other lady in the back what happened the lady in the back seemed upset about it. I also asked for fresh fries since the others would be cold, but was told they would have to drop more fries and it would take a few minutes. Again I explained I was in a hurry that if the first order of fries were still in the box that I would go ahead and take them. At this point I heard the lady in the back say "we can't do that". At this point a party of about six people entered. Their orders was taken and the lady in the rear started working on their orders completely ignoring mine. I waited and waited for about 10 minutes or so, in the meantime the other six customers received their orders and were seated eating. I could clearly see my sandwich sitting on a table, behind the lady in the rear, it had the dressings on it but still lacked the beef. At this time one of the girls working the front asked what I was waiting for, when I explained I was waiting for a sandwich, she asked if it was a special order, I told her no, explained, saying again that I was in a hurry. Thats when the lady in the rear starting working on my sandwich again, but at this time I was really frustrated with the waiting and being ignored that I told the women working there that I didn't care about the sandwich anymore and for them to just keep it, at this point I walked out of the store, got in my car and drove to McDonalds right across the street and ordered two Big Macs which I received in about 2 minutes. I understand that I'm only one person but If this is what is to be expected out of Dairy Queen then maybe I should reconsider on where to spend my money in the fast food industry. Thank you for you time. Jesse.