CVSincorrect dosage

K

On 2/9/10 I picked up a prescription for Pataday eye drops from CVS Pharmacy in Haverhill. When I arrived home I found a .5 ml bottle of Pataday in the package, and this being the first experience with this product I thought everything was fine, albeit very small and expensive. On 2/11 I was online with my health care provider when I noticed the prescription was for a 2.5 ml bottle and that is what CVS charged them and myself for. I immediately called CVS to alert them that they had sold me the wrong dosage. They adamantly denied that they had done so and claimed they do not sell the .5 ml bottle and I was mistaken even though I have the bottle to prove it. They told me I would have to go back to the store with the box the bottle was in so they could look into it. The bottle was already disposed of on the 10th. CVS refuses to do anything about correcting their mistake even though I have the bottle they sold me.
This cost me a $40 copay out of my FSA and $58.33 charged to my insurance.

• Co
    ConnorsMommy Feb 12, 2010

you are being silly. the medicine does not come in 0.5ml bottles, and since you threw it away, there's no evidence as such that they would have given you a smaller bottle.

IT IS ONLY available in a 2.5ml bottle, commercially. seriously.

• Ed
    EducatedConsumer Feb 22, 2010

ConnorsMommy,

What makes you such a drug authority... I see in your comment history, you tend to hit the Walgreens and CVS complaints with regularity.

You should really reveal such information if you wish to be taken seriously.

• Co
    ConnorsMommy Feb 23, 2010

hahahah, if you did a basic search on patanol you would see that it only comes in 2.5ml bottles.
    it's called google.

and i have NO obligation to share ANY Personal info with you all.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices