Curves for Womenmembership fee, cancellation

Many people have noted on this site that Curves takes their membership money and then keeps zapping their bank accounts long after the member has stopped going. Well, the contract (if you stop to read it) states that they'll keep doing that for the next 24 months, unfortunately and I do sympathize with you. And, unfortunately, the Curves I stopped going to (after only about six visits) kept charging my bank account for three YEARS after the 24 month period of the contract. The Curves corporate offices simply brushed it off with 'oh, that franchise is independently owned and you can contact them' and ' they're checking their records'. Oh yeah. I expect a reimbursement from them will be delivered by the Easter bunny. (hmm). Even taking into account my own negligence, after 24 months Curves should have simply stopped charging my bank account. I called that Curves gym and they no longer have me on their membership list! So why are they still charging me, three years after the contract expired? Yes, it is Curves 'fault' if you will. They'll take your money any way they can get it.

• Ri
    Riverhead, NY woman May 13, 2010

I started going to curves last year. After a while, for financial reasons I sent in my 30 day written cancellation notice. Get this, I personally handed the cancellation notice along with the the cards they have given me. I did that on February 2010; I got charged on March 4th the monthly fee and the owner of Curves had the audacity to tell me that she had sent me a notification of the "month of cancellation charge" prior to the charge. I did not get that letter 2 days after I called her. The letter was dated 2/22/10 and postmarked March 5th!!!, a whole day after she had told me that she "sent the letter about a week ago". Now, I received a letter dated May 11th, with a postmark May 12th, with a different letter and now she wants me to pay $97.00 dollars (47.00+50) "cancellation fee". Mind you I did give my 30 days notice and they charge an additional $47. She now wants $97 more? any suggestions???