• Da
    daniel monroe May 14, 2008

I bought a new cub cadet 1040 in may 06 it now has 60 hours on it and in the shop again.this is the thrid time in two years its been in the shop.it has been through two sets of belts new bearing for the deck a new set of blades at the end of last summer.the blades i bought for it were an upgrade and only have two cuttings on them on one and half acre.and still will not cut grass over 6 in. deep.i took it to the dealer for not cutting grass 6in. deep and the rearend making noise over too weeks ago .when i stoped in to check on it he told me the mower was going to need a new trans. so iwill mostlikely be without it for 3 or 4 more weeks. last summer it spent 6 weeks in the shop this mower is a lemmon!!!cub cadet will not stand by there product.this is a number that you can talk to a human [protected] good luck.

• St
    steve t May 07, 2008

got sucked in too! ihave the m 48 the tank. right just started some side jobs w it this year and has broke down 3 times in 4 weeks it only has 245 hrs on it so far the dealer was coopertive and took care of the first t 2 things but mon 5-5-08 took the cake i'm mowing a small vacant lot in well established neighborhood when all of a sudden the left front wheel yoke snapped that 30 min job cost me 31/2 hrs and 75bucks and the really didnt want to help at all looked to me like a crappy weld job so warning take those wheel yokes apart, inspect and have them reinforced . the tank . shure it is.

• Tj
    TJ Mello Feb 04, 2008

I purchased a Cub Cadet 1554. As soon as the two year warranty ended, the mower had all kinds of trouble. It costed me $425.00 to fix. Cub Cadet will not stand by its product. Cub Cadet's stance is that it is a Kohler issue, not Cub Cadet. They refused to help. I would not recommend buying a Cub Cadet.

James Holman Oct 03, 2007

I purchased the 17HP 48-inch Zero turn mower in May, 2007. It ran good from the start except for a lot of vibration. In August the Throttle cabel broke and then the Clutch went out. This is the 3rd week it has been in the shop and the clutch is still on backorder. I contacted Cub Cadet and was told they are not responsible for backordered parts. So much for customer satisfaction. Do they know or even care how fast the grass grows in the South in summer? I have borrowed my neighbors JOHN DEERE to cut my yard which is about 2 Acres. Talk about shame. I won't make the same mistake twice.

• To
    Tom Broach Sep 19, 2007

I bought the CC Zero Force 44 about 2 years ago and from day one it has not cut well at all. I had it adjusted several times and replaced the blades. I have had many cheap riding mowers with no problems at all and will never purchase another Cub Cadet product.

• Ke
    Keel G. Bush Sep 10, 2007

In March of 07 the temperture here in Tn. jumped to 85F. right off the bat. So I went shopping for a new mower and found a CC ZTR with 22 hp Kawasaki for $1500 plus tax.. All of the stickers says 06 model year. All in all I think 60% wasn't a bad deal. What do you think?

• Ji
    Jim Freund Sep 09, 2007

I totally agree. I went on the cub cadet web site to order blades and there web site is so non customer friendly. They have item #s that don't even exist in my book. Then you try to look the item number up that is in your book and it doesn't exist. All I want are 3- 50" blades and I am going through a whole lot of trouble to get some.

• Ea
    Eason G. Polk Jul 02, 2007

I purchased from Lowe's a Cub Cadet model LT1042 lawn tractor in April 2005. Garaged, washed and wiped down after every cut (I bag everytime) and meticulously maintained. However, I am experiencing severe rust up under any and all of the of the body that is painted yellow. On Cub Cadets and MTDs website, there is nowhere to complain or inquire about such a problem and the local dealer was of no help. I call CC on the phone and rudely and curt, "Karen" repeatedly states only that rust is not covered under warranty and she could not help me. I ask for a manager or someone else, she denies me. For starters, the residential warranty that I possess mentions nothing of "rust" or "corrosion". Secondly, she REFUSED to allow me to speak to someone else. Third, this is a two year old, $1600 mower that is garaged and has less than 12 hours on it (I push mow sometimes without ever breaking the tractor out). I am at a lost for words, but I will make this a quest to get on every website and create every blog that I can to ask for help. This should not be happening to a 2 year old mower with 12 hours on it that is stored garaged.
    And for those who say "What are you doing hosing it down after every mow?" Well, it does have a power flush hook up that your hose attaches to to flush the deck with. Come on MTD, rust under paint in 2007 after 12 hours?

• Pe
    Peter Chrzanowski Jun 28, 2007

No, my Cub Cadet lawn tractor is not broken.

BUT, I just came from a trip to my local servicing dealer to order a new set of mowing blades.

OK, they're out of stock- it happens. BUT, it's a "special order." Therefore,

1. I have to pay up front, and
    2. Although the parts may not arrive for 30 days or more, there are NO REFUNDS, and
    3. I have to pay a shipping charge to get the mowing blades from the manufacturer to the dealer.

As far as I am concerned, Cub Cadet should require that servicing dealer keep common parts for current models in stock. And, yes, this is a current model- this servicing dealer had several new ones in stock, available for immediate sale. And, surely there is no more common part on a mower than the mowing blade??

But if for some reason a dealer's common, current parts go out of stock, then Cub Cadet should require a servicing dealer to re-order these parts WITHOUT making the customer to go through a "special order" procedure.

If you "can't do any better" than this then you have no business selling what is supposed to be a premium product.

• Ka
    Karlie Linder Jun 27, 2007

I agree totally! I bought a Cub Cadet Z force zero turn 48" mower 2 months ago and its been in the shop for 2 weeks. I have commercial contracts to maintain and I cannot fulfill them without this mower. Ron Jones power equipment is the dealer I bought it from and they won't refund or upgrade to a newer model. Cub Cadet/ MTD will not stand by their product and it was like pulling teeth trying to talk to a real live person at Cub Cadet. I have the same advice for anyone thinking about purchasing a Cub Cadet - Don't do it!! I spent $5400.00 on this mower and they took my money and ran with it.