Cub Cadet / Mtd Lawn Mower — Mower will not mow grass!
I purchased a mid line Cub Cadet ztr mower in the Fall of '05 about 3 weeks before mowing season was over. When I used the mower I found out it would not cut taller, thin grass 'sprigs' even with repeated mowing passes. I contacted my seller (DT McCalls in Cookeville, TN) and they promptly responded, checked the mower, adjusted the deck and pronounced it fit. Well mowing season was over but the problems began again in the Spring of '06. DT McCall picked up the mower 2 or 3 more times and had their repair people check, adjust, replace blades etc. They came out to our house and tried the mower themselves. After farther adjustment their solution was 'mow the grass every day for four days, then every four days during mowing season'. How asinine is that considering we mow about 4.5 acres?
At any rate they would not take the mower, refund our cash payment of course, nor allow credit for an upgrade to a 'commercial grade' mower. At this point they have more or less wiped their hands of the whole affair. Cub Cadet/MTD never contacted us regarding the problems with this mower and has not yet. Evidently there is no living being at the Cub Cadet /MTD operation.
My problem is not isolated as I am aware of 2 other persons who bought this same lemon of a mower with the same problem. The mower looks good, starts and runs good, but will not mow grass. Now I expected a $4000 dollar 'lawn mower' to actually mow grass. Is that too much to ask?
My advice is to never ever buy a mower or other product from MTD. If you have a problem you are on your own with no help or even contact from the manufacturer.
More Cub Cadet / Mtd Lawn Mower Complaints & Reviews
- Cub Cadet - The Tank Zero turn radius mower
- Cub Cadet - Mower drive belt keeps throwing off
- Cub Cadet Ltx 1045 - unsafe mower blades
- Cub Cadet - RZT 50 Zero Turn Mower
- Cub Cadet Enforcer - Dealers will not honor the warranty
- Cub Cadet And Carns Equipment Of Clearfield, PA - intensionaly poor quality and no customer service
- Cub Cadet - no help with from cub cadet customer service
- Cub Cadet - riding mower will not start
- Cub Cadet Ltx1045 Hydrostatic - Drive Belts
- Cub Cadet Voulenteer Utv 2008 4wd - Accelerator sticks