Crunch Gym Bee Ridge Rd / Sarasotamembership cancellation policy

Members need to beware of the little nasty tricks that crunch gym in sarasota has for canceling a membership with them. Back in february of this year my credit card was compromised after it was billed at crunch gym. Once I was notified of this I called to cancel membership. I thought it was done when 2 months later I was getting harassed from their billing company abc financial that I was now 2 months behind. Keep in mind that I have not stepped foot in this gym for 6 months at this point. I called the gym and now they tell me that I must come in person and sign a paper stating that I am no longer renewing membership. I had no idea this was their policy (you should be asking yourself why they have such a stringent policy in effect?) and I told them I could not come in due to work travel. So I e-mailed the general manager telling them of the situation and I thought at this point I was done right? Wrong!

Today I receive another harassing call from abc financial telling me I owe them 30 dollars in membership dues. So I called them and they would not help me, they refused to stop calling me and said I would be placed in collections if I did not pay them! Wow! Is crunch gym of sarasota that desperate for money that they won't let you pout of your contract? Why does crunch have these policies in affect, if a member wants to quit, why make it so difficult for them? So today I also went in person to crunch gym on bee ridge road and asked to speak to a manager about this.

The first manager did not want to deal with me so he passed me off to the general manager, a young male. Well this # refused to see what I was telling him. Not only did he fail to resolve my dispute, he also refused to give me the paperwork to officially sign off on non renewal! Ok folks what does this tell you about the attitude of crunch gym? Why is the general manager willing to fight me over a lousy 20.00? Is it worth 20 dollars to have me complaining on a complaint board? Is it worth me filing more complaints with the better business bureau over 20 dollars? I guess according to this young punk who is manager it is, well son so be it! I will file complaints with the bbb, angies list, every internet complaint board I can find and then some.

So my warning to the rest of you is buyer beware of gym contracts! You think you are canceling membership but nope, you have to go thru all these hoops in order to do so. So in conclusion crunch gym is refusing to cancel my membership, they are refusing to address the problem and im guessing I will continue to be billed for a membership I could not cancel, even in person! What a bunch of crooks they are. What an immature general manager who obviously has zero managing skills too boot.

The correct thing to do was to say im so sorry for the inconvenience mr leddy, I will personally take care of this situation for you, and if you care to join us again, please do so.

Hopefully this punk # child will learn his lesson, don't mess with old people!

Patrick leddy