Credit One Bank β€” won't verify payment

L

I was out of town last month and did not have my bills with me. SO in order to pay all my bills on time I went ahead and set up online accounts and paid online. I paid my minimum due for Credit One Bank and received a conf. #. Apparently it never went through which I realized this month on my statement. I checked my free credit report and they had already reported it as delinquent. When I called to dispute and tell them I had a conf. number, they told me it's my responsibility to make sure my payment goes through and the reason it didn't was because I typed in the wrong security code. Shouldn't it have alerted me that it was invalid instead of thanking me for my payment and giving a confirmation code. If I sit down to pay all my bills and have conf. codes, I'm not going to sit down every day until the next month to make sure it has gone through. I see I am not the first person this has happened to. If their online system is inefficient, they shouldn't have one b/c it is screwing people over.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices