Cox Communicationoustanding balance

To whom it may concern; plesae forward to the proper department for action!

This is to follow up on the ongoing issue of this $2, 027.17 cox telephone bill that I have been dealing with now for almost a year. I just recently received another notice from cpa your collection agency out of dallas, tx regarding this bill and have not responded back to them yet, but will be here shortly. As I have mentioned in my previous emails, mr. William leblanc ran up these charges in my name. My last communications with cox cable was that a police report was needed in order to pursue mr. Leblanc for the outstanding balance.

After receiving the notice from cpa, I contacted the south windsor police department to fill out a identity theft report and they gave me a case number #p201104209 and then proceeded to tell me that they would file a report, but it was out of their jurisdiction, and to get back in contact with cox communications and they would have to pursue mr. Leblanc criminally for the services that he ran up.

Because the residence is in somers, cox will have to turn this over to the state police in somers that has jurisdiction.In the meantime, I would like to have cpa clear my name from their system and stop sending notices for the outstanding bill. If any negative information shows up on my credit reports, I will be contacting an attorney for further action.

I have done everything that i'm suppose to do according to connecticut state law and everyone has passed the buck and referred me to someone else. This has gone on long enough and I would like for someone in authority there are cox cable to take a look at this and pursue what ever avenues are necessary to rectify this issue, clearing my name and prosecuting mr. Leblanc to the fullest existent of the law, not only for the theft of services, but also for the theft of my identity, and all the aggravation that he has caused.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at this email address. I will be forwarding a copy of this on to the connecticut office of consumer protections, and cpa.

This is some what it says under connecticut state law regarding idenity theft: sec. 54-1n. Complaint by victim of identity theft. Law enforcement agency's responsibilities. Any person who believes that such person's personal identifying information has been obtained and used by another person in violation of section 53a-129a of the general statutes, revision of 1958, revised to january 1, 2003, or section 53a-129b, 53a-129c or 53a-129d may file a complaint reporting such alleged violation with the law enforcement agency for the town in which such person resides. Such law enforcement agency shall accept such complaint, prepare a police report on the matter, provide the complainant with a copy of such report and investigate such alleged violation and any other offenses allegedly committed as a result of such violation and shall, if necessary, coordinate such investigation with any other law enforcement agencies.

10.3-1 identity theft - - & sect;§ 53a-129a, & sect; 53a-129b, & sect; 53a-129c, and & sect; 53a-129d
Revised to april 23, 2010
Note: this instruction is for crimes committed on or after october 1, 2009. For the instruction for crimes committed before that date, see instruction 10.3-1a in the archive.
Note: identity theft is defined in & sect; 53a-129a. The degree of identity theft depends on the value of the items obtained and the age of the victim. See & sect; 53a-129b (First degree) ; & sect; 53a-129c (Second degree) ; & sect; 53a-129d (Third degree).
The defendant is charged [in count __] with identity theft in the (First / second / third) degree. The statute defining this offense reads in pertinent part as follows:
A person commits identity theft when (He/she) knowingly uses personally identifying information of another person to obtain [or attempt to obtain] , in the name of the other person, (Money / credit / goods / services / property / medical information1) without the consent of such other person.
For you to find the defendant guilty of this charge, the state must prove the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
Element 1 - knowingly used personal identifying information of another person
The first element is that the defendant knowingly used the personal identifying information of the complainant. A person acts "knowingly" with respect to conduct or circumstances when (He/she) is aware that (His/her) conduct is of such nature or that such circumstances exist.
"personal identifying information" means any name, number or other information that may be used, alone or in conjunction with any other information, to identify a specific individual including, but not limited to, such individual's name, date of birth, mother's maiden name, motor vehicle operator's license number, social security number, employee identification number, employer or taxpayer identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, health insurance identification number, demand deposit account number, savings account number, credit card number, debit card number or unique biometric data such as fingerprint, voice print, retina or iris image, or other unique physical representation

from: michael perry <[protected]@yahoo.com>
To: cox ecare new england
Sent: wednesday, december 7, 2011 7:49 pm
Subject: re: general questions (Kmm9096485v79858l0km)

keith:

Thank you for getting back to me and I understand that cox has policy in place to verify individuals identity when they call into make adjustments on their accounts. Why cox doesn't record all phone calls 100% is something that baffles me, and is something that cox should maybe address.

At this point I plan to contact the dpuc and not go back and forth with the somers police, and cox cable. All I can say is that connecticut state law says that if you believe you have become a victim of identity theft, you have the right under state law to file a report and have it investigated.

Its unfortunate that I find myself in this position, but I guess this is what is going to take to clear up the $2, 000 telephone bill that the accuser ran up in my name, and now I have a collection agency that is going to post this on my credit report if it is not rectified soon.

from: cox ecare new england
Sent: wednesday, december 7, 2011 6:19 pm
Subject: re: general questions (Kmm9096485v79858l0km)

dear michael perry:

Thank you for your reply.

Please note cox is not giving anyone a run-around. We do not record 100% of our customer calls. We have the proper processes and policies in place to verify customer accounts and protect the privacy of our customers. According to the information you provided, your roommate called cox and pretended to be you and provided your information to access your account to make changes, unbeknown-st to you and to cox. Based on this information, to pursue this matter further, you would need to file a police report. If the police open an investigation to look into the matter, they may contact cox directly. If they require access to our internal documents, they would need to subpoena cox for the information.

Unfortunately at this time we are unable to do anything additional until a police report is filed.

sincerely,

Keith l.

original message follows: —

Now, I feel like i'm getting the run around. I was in contact with the somers state police yesterday and was informed that I need to start this action on your end, because they didn't feel that it was an identity theft case. It is my understanding that all the phone conversations that come into cox cable to do anything on a customers account is recorded go prevent things like this from happening.

according to connecticut law, i'm in my legal right to file a police report http://www.Ct.Gov/dcp/cwp/view. Asp?A=1629&q=289488&pm=1 if I believe that I have been a victim of identity theft, which I believe I have and have it investigated.

Just because you live with someone doesn't mean that they have the right to change anything on your personal accounts without your authorization.In my opinion once something like this is brought to the attention of a company like cox cable, they should have a legal obligation to start an internal investigation and report the findings to the state, or local police departments upon the request of the victim, especially when they talked to a cox representative over the phone not some automated computer system.

I understand that your hands my be tied, but I don't want to be caught up in the run around attempting to rectify the problem. I will wait to hear back from you, before I forward this complaint on to the department of public utility controls that regulates like cox cable.

If this is not something that is in cox cables policies, it might be something that the company may want to consider adopting, and maybe the state should adopt this as part of their identity theft bill.

Michael perry

From: cox ecare new england
Sent: wednesday, december 7, 2011 11:19 am
Subject: re: general questions (Kmm9095511v74605l0km)

dear mr. Perry:

We are sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances you are facing with your account. We are required to follow specific verification procedures when accessing customer accounts. Additionally customers may access their own accounts by entering unique account information via our automated phone system and website.

Once an account is verified by an account holder or authorized user, we have access to make changes and provide account information to the verified party. If your roommate used your identity to gain access to your account and made changes to it, the only way to seek retribution for this would be to file a police report against them for identity theft. Unfortunately our hands are tied on our end and we are unable to remove the outstanding charges from your former account without an active identity theft case number from your local police department.

Sincerely,

Rodney l.

previous reply follows: —

Thank you for getting back to me on this matter. Please inform the appropriate personnel that I would like to have a identity theft case open on this matter if possible once you have had chance to look into the matter.

Once again thank you!

from: cox ecare new england
Sent: tuesday, december 6, 2011 5:27 pm
Subject: re: general questions (Kmm9085760v89623l0km)

dear michael perry:

Thank you for your recent e-mail to cox regarding general questions for
Other.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Due to the
Nature of this inquiry, we have sent a request to our collections
Department for further assistance. A representative will contact you via
E-mail or by telephone if additional information is needed.

thank you again for contacting us via e-mail. Please let us know if we
Can be of further assistance.

sincerely,

Ct
Zipcode:
Ssn4:
Customerinquiry:
To whom it may concern: my account has been involved in a civil case
Over the last 10 months. I recently contacted the connecticut state
Police to file a identity case, but was told that because I was a
Roommate of the individual that I was attempting to file a case on it
Was not an identity case, and I continue with my civil case. I strongly
Disagree, due to the fact that individual called cox communication
Pretending to be me over the phone and changed the phone service in
Order to run up a telephone bill of $2, 025.17 that is now in the hands
Of a collections agency (Cpa) out of dallas, tx reference #[protected].
From what I understand, all communications are recorded in the event
That someone is pretend to be someone else, which in my opinion is
Identity theft, regardless what the state police may think. Under the
Connecticut state law, it states that if you believe that you have been
A victim of identity theft, as a resident of the state you have a right
To file a case. This case might have to be started on the side of cox
Communication. They informed me that I should get in contact with cox
Communication to see if they would be able to help me in this matter.
William leblanc is the person that this case is aimed at residing at 203
South road somers, connecticut please get back to me at your earliest on
This matter. The best way to contact me is via email
[protected]@yahoo.com thank you for your help! Michael perry
Reenteremail:
[protected]@yahoo.com
Accessmycoxaccount:
Over13:

delete replyreply forwardmoveprint actions nextprevious

• Ti
    Tin C. Jul 16, 2012

I've contacted COX Sales Rep yesterday night to order the basic internet service. As normal, the rep tried to get me to buy additional services/bundle deals, which is very annoying. During the call, I gave out my credit card number. However, the call got dropped in the middle of the deal. I did not get a confirmation number from the rep; and vice versa, the rep has not got my SSN for background check, for opening a new account, as she's mentioned earlier. The rep did get both my home phone and cell number in the early stage of the call in case the call got dropped. She didn't call me back as well as I was unsuccessfully reconnect to them.
    I felt uneasy about this. And sure enough, when I checked my credit card transactions tonight, I saw an unauthorized charge from a company named, TEC Savology Tech. I searched online and found out this company makes router. From what I learned yesterday, the router is supposed to be an promotional item with the deal of openning an account with COX (which I don't need or care for). Regardless, the order didn't get completed, and it should not be considered a sales, yet. I am glad that I checked my account and found out what's happened early enough to prevent further damage. Chase's customer service has professionally taken care of me. Furthermore, they inactived my account right away and will send me a replacement card in 2 business days.

NOTGETTINGTAKEN Nov 07, 2011

Cox Advertised up $300.00 Visa Card Rebate when switching from Dish or any other service... I switched and was all pumped up about it because the way i saw it was I would not only break even but get an extra $100 since i had a $200 cancellation fee with Dish... you make the transaction and they say your eligible... They didnt say anything about a rebate form and i did not receive one in the mail... so 2 + months later i call about it and GUESS WHAT... they are sorry they will send me the information there intent was not to try and have us forget... So yeah now I have to wait for the form and then send it out which they say it will take several weeks to receive... and this is after I have to try and find the rebate form cause they were suppose to email it to me after we got off the phone...GUESS WHAT ...I still dont have it and it has been a couple of hours!!!

Sometimes i wonder if they do this intentionally... hoping the consumer forgets...,

Att did it to me awhile back saying my rebate form had the incorrect address on there mailer so they never received ... It would not have been processed if I had not checked on it... That is the same thing going on here... they have no information on my rebate and if i would not have called i would have never received it... Thats a lot of money for entertainment and i think they need to realize people dont have to have their products.

As for proof... there is none cause they didnt send the paper work!!!