Countrywide MortgageScam and cheating

Refinanced in early 2008 with Countrywide Mortgage.Countrywide did not accept appraisal from appraiser, home was appraised at $270, 000.00 in January 2008.We wanted to refinance out of a interest only loan to a fixed conventional loan. New loan was to be $214, 000, Countrywide would not accept appraisal at $270, 000 and had their valued opinion/guess value come back at $245, 000, so that we would have to pay PMI. If we had to refinance, $250, 000 or so I can almost bet they would have accepted the appraisal at $2700, 000, but because we only had to refinance with a loan of $214, 000 they valued our home at $245, 000 just so we would have to pay PMI. We as consumers pay a lot of money to licensed appraisers for their services to have a company like Countrywide do and say as they wish. It appears that the services we all pay for on appraisals are wasted and Countrywide can do as they please with our American dream of owning a home. It took me 2 e-mails, and 4 phone calls to finally get a copy of the paperwork that I should have gotten the closing in March, 2008. Countrywide Mortgage didn't want us to see or have a copy of their value opinion/guess value.

I urge ALL consumers who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, I am putting my complaint package together and filing a complaint against Countrywide Mortgage. If all who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage do the same as I am, The Federal Trade Commission has to do something about this company. The Federal Trade Commission investigates all complaints, so lets ALL file a complaint against Countrywide with the Federal Trade Commission and STOP this unfair practice from Countrywide Mortgage. The more information you provide the Federal Trade Commission the better, so get your cases in order and file. Let the consumer provale!!!

JOANN T MILLER Nov 07, 2008

i have some serious issues with countrywide how do i contact the fedral trade commission

• St
    steve Apr 15, 2009

DO NOT DO buisness with countrywide they are liers, underhanded cheaters with inside deals.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices