Costcofurniture

B

Bought a leather recliner set online from Costco. Nearly $4000.00 tax in. Couch, love seat and chair. It took over a month to arrive and fell apart in matter of weeks. It stopped reclinng (rather it would recline, but would not go back to sitting position on three of the four recliners), wood fell off under recliner mechanism, legs peeled. thin wood under arms cracked and on and on. Took a while to get it and then when I called to return it they said no, I was outside of the year to return, (but for the legthy shpping time I would have been inside the timeframe) would not give me name of maunfacturer to make my own pitch. The policy is complete satisfaction on furniture and I was not satisfied. I drafted a statement of claim ready to sue, and decided to take it into the retailer, even thougt i did not buy from them. . Thank-fully they took it back. Poorly made Chinese furniture; be careful.

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Dec 09, 2011

Ah, yes. Good to see there are still those with worthwhile advice around

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Dec 09, 2011

Is that the "real" Brenda? Your sound advice suggests it. I used to go by X.
    OP: perhaps you should have tried more pleasant negotiation with the Costco reps, I am sure a tad more persistence would have seen payoff. Have you informed someone in the corporate office outside of customer relations? I have luck when I contact "vp's" through company websites when I have a bad experience. To be truthful, I have never shopped at Costco, and I do have a good friend that wrangles carts and does some stocking, but I have no loyalty to Costco for any reason

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Dec 08, 2011

How can someone quote you and not read the post? Perhaps your supercilious nature forbids you from using logic. If I spent four grand on something that "fell apart in matter of weeks" I would have started the return process at first sign of major defect. My educated guess would be that you used and abused the furniture for nearly a year (see, my comprehension skills are far from lacking), and then wanted to sue when you noticed the deadline had arrived.

• Bu
    buddy321 Dec 08, 2011

You did not read the post. In case there are others like you who need a little help, the two points were that the return was denied by Costco.ca and that the furniture was of poor quality. As for the reason for not returning within the year, it was less than a year. They calculated the date from the invoice date, not the receipt date, and would not give me the manufacturer's name or contact info for the manuf. warranty, which was a year (Costco determined that I was out of time and would not give me manuf. contact info). As for why I did not return before I did, you are a nosey one, aren't you, but if you must know, it took time to satisfy myself that each of the problems were not "one off's", and shipping three huge pieces of furniture back to wherever was not something I took on lightly or before some deliberation. The local retailer did accept the return.