Costcoattempted purchase of tires

G

I have a Costco membership and live in NJ. My daughter, who has my car on loan lives in Maryland. The car badly needs tires so I wanted to buy tires from Costco thru their website and have my daughter get them mounted at a Costco in Maryland.

I was told by Costco "Customer Service" that because my daughter does not have a Costco membership card they will not mount the tires. I as the member must go to the Costco store for the mounting, even though the car is registered in my name. What am I missing... they can take their tires and put them where the sun doesn't shine.

P.S. I easily spend at least $ 4, 000 a year in costco if not more, I just love their great service WRONG

jay v Dec 16, 2009

our costco would do this for you considering the car is in your name. that sucks that they were such pedantic jerks

• Da
    danny Feb 01, 2009

So why didn't you get your daughter her own card? Why would anyone get a membership, if we thought like you, we would all share the same card.

Joe Aug 04, 2008

I was just looking at my Costco card. It says it's non-transferable. Most memberships are that way too. I'm guessing that because Costco sells items for such a low price they make almost all of their money based on memberships. It only makes sense not to let people who aren't members shop there.