Consumer Portfolio ServicesDaily Harrassment and Threats!

N

Harrassment and Threats Everyday sometimes more than 5 times, By 5 different people. Asking me where is my payment? "When it is not even the due date". They also ask me what condition the vehicle is in? then, the other Question is is it still Parked @ ---- ave, in anytown usa? Because we need to know where we can pick it up. "Do you want us, to Come take it from you? "I am physically and emotionally sick of this constant harrassment and threating tactics. This has got to stop! I really need the car, But not this Bad. Nervouse break down or Heart attack. Thats all I can say! Sincerly Nani L Newton

Joann Mar 04, 2008

I have received numerous calls at work, I have told CPS not to call my place of employment because we aren't allowed personal calls. I was told they would remove the number out of their system. Well surprise they didn't! They call my job all day long, now they are sending faxes as well. My husband came home from work yesterday with a fax from them as well and he isn't even on the car loan... My husband also said a Mr. Lucideo was on his voicemail when he go to work. They have called my family and friends and harrassed them as well. They have called me at 7:40am on a Saturday morning and when I answered my phone and asked that Mr. Lucideo why he was calling at 7:40am he said it was 8:40am and I said not where I am it's not I'm in central time and he started telling me that It wasn't 7:40am so I hung up on him and turned my phone off! I get about 7 calls everyday on my cell phone and @ work and they leave threats. I have saved all of the voicemails so that I have proof...The way they speak is so unprofessional. If anyone knows how to get an investagation going please let me know. They have no right talking to any of us this way and harrasssing us @ work and @ home. They need to be stopped. Maybe we should get 20/20 involved. Email me if you have any suggestions... PLEASE!

• Kr
    Kristen krol Mar 10, 2008

I hate them I can not wait to have my car paid off. They are so rude and obcnoxious. I am down for calling 20/20.

• Co
    Corrin Jones Apr 15, 2008

I suggest you file a complaint with the attourney general's office. That's what I did and they have not contacted me since. I also voluntarily surrendered my vehicle because I could not deal with them or the lemon they were harassing me about. Anyway, the AG's office sent them a letter on my behalf and they quickly responded saying that they are always professional when they contact their customers and they never use any illegal or unprofessional tactics to collect a debt. We all know that's a lie. Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to deal with them directly anymore. I may have a repo on my credit but peace of mind is priceless!

• Jp
    J Protzman May 01, 2008

I have delt with this company for about 3 years ... They have got to be the worst loan servicing place I have ever been with!!! I and my wife have been repeatidly threatened with repossesion and claims that we have not been making payments.. I have the darn bank records to proove it!! They call my parents at least 2 to 3 times a week.. Last week was the worst, they called my work and started yelling at me over the phone while I was supposed to be working.. So I fired right back at them... I don't tolerate threats very well!! They said that I never pay them and the payments they get most of the time are bad( bounced checks), this is a total lie!! My bank says different and I have gotten copies of the checks they cashed.. After all that they had the nerve to call my wife the next day and scream at her!! She hung up on them and they called back every 5 minutes for an hour..I got another call from them at home and got into it again with them... I told this person that I was going to press harrassment charges on them and get a lawyer involved .. They're reply was " what good do you think that will do?" .. I have cleaned out my truck and if they want it that bad they can have it!! Due to the cut in hours at my job and my wife is disabled, they just don't care!! I'm not giving them the new tires I just put on it..

Maybe we all should call Glenn Beck or Fox news or????Something has to be done about all of this...

• De
    Denise Aug 19, 2008

I love the harrasment, I cussed one rep out, and she started crying and then a supervisor called, it was awesome. He hung up on me. LOL!!! Let these slime balls know you aren't scared of them. Fight back!! Send them a cease and desist letter to cut all phone communication, and as soon as they violate it, sue their butts to the fullest extent of the law.

• Li
    lisa Oct 03, 2008

IF YOU WHERE CURRENT ON YOUR AUTO (COLLECTIONS) WOULD NOT BE CALLING YOU. SO YOU CAN'T SIT THERE AND SAY THAT THEY CALL YOU FOR NO RESON EVERY ONE ELLS THAT ON THIS SITE BAD MOUTHING CPS INC. IS ALSO STATING THEY ARE PAST DUE ON THERE CPS AUTO. GOD GAVE YOU THE POWER OF CHOICE USE IT . #1. STOP ALL THE BS GET SOME MONEY AND PAY THE 2/3 PAYMENT THAT YOU ARE PAST DUE ON (IF ANY ONE WOULD GIVE YOU A LOAN) ... #2 PAY CPS OFF IN FULL SO YOU HAVE YOUR CAR AND NEVER DEAL WITH THE AGAIN... #3. GO TO A DEALERSHIP AND TRADE THE CAR IN FOR A DIFFRENT ONE (MAKE SURE CPS DOES NOT FINANCE YOU THIS TIME ) IF YOU CAN GET FINANCE ANY OTHER PLACE... #4. GO TO CARMAX AND SELL THE CAR TO THEM HAVE THEM PAY OFF THE LOAN YOU TOOK OUT... #5.REFINACE YOUR CAR WITH A CREDIT UNION OR DIFFRENT LENDER IF YOU CAN. YOU NOW YOUR CREDIT IS BAD SO NO MANY BANKS WILL DO THAT. #6 LAST BUT NOT LEAST GIVE THE CAR BACK TO THEM IT WILL GO AS A REPO ON YOUR CREDIT (BUT YOUR CREDIT IS ALREADY BAD) THEN YOU'LL MAYBE NOT HAVE A DEFICENCY BALANCE BUT IF YOU DO IT WILL BE A SMALL AMOUNT JUST PAY IT OFF OR NOT AND YOU'LL STILL GET THE CALLS.--- YOU HAVE MANY CHOICES BUT INSTED YOU SIT THERE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT A BANK THAT WAS WILLING TO FINANCE YOU WHEN NOW ONE ELLS WOULD. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AND BETTER YOUR SELF .THAT WHAT CPS IS ABOUT. GIVING PEOPLE A ****LAST CHANCE***** TO FIX THERE CREDIT SCORE- ABET IF YOU PULL YOUR CREDIT NOW THE FICO IS HIGHER THAN WHEN YOU GOT THE CAR

• Ti
    tiffany Oct 25, 2008

I DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH CPS, BEEN TWO / THREE LATE NEVER GOTTEN ANY CALLS OR LATE FEES. WHEN CALL THE OFFICE ASK THE NORMAL QUESTIONS TO CONFIRM IT IS REALLY ME, IT DOES IRRATE WHEN ASK FOR THE CONDITION OF THE CAR, BUT ITS THEIR'S TILL I PAY IT OFF - STOP WHINING AND PAY THE COMPANY. WE DON'T HAVE THE BEST CREDIT AND THEY DID US AN FAVOR.

• Cp
    CPS sucksass May 14, 2009

SCREW YOU CPS!!! AND THE GUY HERE WHO IS OBVIOUSLY AN EMPLOYEE AT CPS STICKING UP FOR THEM...SURE WE FELL BEHIND AND IT LEAD TO A REPO WHICH I DID NOT GIVE IN EASILY IT TOOK THE REPO MAN TO CALL SOCIAL SERVICES ON US ON A FALSE CLAIM OF CHILD ABUSE TO GET ME TO CAVE IN AND GIVE HIM THE CAR NOW THAT THEY HAVE IT AND SOLD IT THEY THINK IM GONNA PAY THE DIFFERENCE WELL GOOD LUCK CPS YOU JUST KEEP CALLING ALL YOU WANT YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING ELSE AWAY FROM ME OR MY FAMILY SINCE I ALREADY HAVE A REPO NOW ON MY CREDIT I WILL PUT A BANKRUPTCY ON THERE NOW SO EAT THE SO CALLED 11, 000 YOU THINK I STILL OWE YOU AND SHOVE IT FAR UP YOUR STUPID CPS ### AND TO ANYONE WHO IS STARTING A LAW SUITE I AM IN!!!

• Cp
    CPSSUCKSASS Jul 16, 2009

LMAO. @ Lisa. I completely understand what you are saying, However, not everyone has bad credit who gets financed through them. Sure, they may not have good enough credit to get a 2-3-4% interest rate, but by all means their` credit isn't severly warped that that was the only place who would finance them. There are hundreds of companies who finance, and it is up to the finance manager at your dealership as to who he sends it too.

I bought a 2001 S10 truck at the dealership and was financed through them. I have never missed a payment, late once or twice, but NEVER 30 days. I get calls from them 1 day after payment is due. I just got a call from them today. Some guy calls and tells me that CPS has hired them to try and get a payment.I told him that i didn't know him from adam, and that he would have to supply me proof that i owed him the money before i would send any payment. If CPS wants there July payment, they can call me when it is 29 days late. He didn't like that too well, and hung up on me. My payments are due on the 4th of every month. It's 12 days past the due date. He tells me that he is going to repo my car, asked me if it is still here, and to get all my belongings out of it.
    I have spoken to them and told them that i was laid off from work, and asked if there was something that could be done. Something like them putting the couple months of payments at the end of the loan or something like that to help until i can get back to work. They said that at this time there is nothing that they offer. Go figure, but anyway, i've still managed to get them there payments.
    The problem i have is, yeah ok, you're credit is bad, and for the sake of arguement they were the only ppl that would finance you. You don't deserve to be treated the way they treat you. Especially if you have been with them for almost 4 years, and never late on a payment. They should treat there "good" customers with care instead of intimidation and harrassment. If i ever buy another car, i will specifically ask that they are not the finance company.

• Ic
    ickyminnow Jul 27, 2009

They just called my work and asked for the confirmation number for my payment (which I have) however I have asked them before to not contact me at work. So I said please contact me on my cell phone, she replied I will put through the paperwork to take your car and hung up on me!!

• Bl
    BLuvin Aug 24, 2009

Yeah i agree with all of you cps sucks royally now they are trying to to get another 2 dollars on top of the 10 dollars for payment by phone. But there is one bright side i was late 3 months a couple of times and it still shows on my credit report as paid on time, as far as that goes as long as my credit is looking good my voicemail i can delete. oh yeah i made a payment and once i made the payment they asked me if i have made arrangements to pay a ontime payment. I used to be a creditor for probably the worst places to work for Rent-A-Center, and we have never asked a person to arrange a future ontime payment. And we were the biggest harrasers out of all of them. We knew when you slept, woke, worked, showered, pee, poop, almost being legal stalker. Pretty bad place that is why i left there. anyone need a witness for a case hit me up @ [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Ro
    ron-gremlin Sep 25, 2009

These aholes called my mom and said that they reported my car stolen when my payment was late by seven days. I called the police and verified that they did not. They ARE unprofessional, uneducated, idiots. Just take a deep breath and don't allow them to scare you. File a report with your attorney general and they will leave you alone. Keep tight records of your payments because they don't and that is why they say your late when your not. And remember, they got to make a living too and are probably forced by their superiors to do whatever it takes to get paid.

SAHMomOf4 Oct 01, 2009

I have not had a car loan through CPS, but found out today that they have reported a repo on my credit for a car I never owned. I have contacted CPS and they are extremely rude and unhelpful. I have also contacted the credit bureaus, the BBB, the FTC and the attorney general to get this removed as they just reported it in March of this year and was rather shocking to me learn that I have a repo on my credit from a finance company I've never used, especially when I had my credit run to purchase a vehicle. I recommend that anyone having problems with them also calls the BBB, FTC and your state attorney general. I just learned that this company existed a couple of hours ago when learning of the repo that they reported. After trying to resolve it through them first, all I did was Google the company and there are TONS if complaints against them. Everyone needs to come together and get something done, not just about this company, but all companies like this!

• Re
    Renee04 Oct 07, 2009

I'm serching online to fine answeres to filing a valid complaint against CPS. They call my husband and I all day at work. I have told them to call my husband on his cell because I can't receive phone calls at my place of employment. They call anyway. Today Justin calls my job and talks to a co-worker. Justin called my place of employment and asked to speak to my husband. When the co-woker said no one by that name works there he ask him how long did he work for the company then he asked to speak with me. I was at lunch so my co-worker sent him to my voice mail because he knew he was asking for my husband. I have told CPS repeatly not to call my job. They continue to call and talk to my co-workers, get smart with them, hungs up in my co-worker face, It's my husband truck by they calls my job like I stole it. They don't even try to call our cell phones they call straight to my job because I think they are honestly trying to get me fired. They hire the most unprofessional staff, it appears as if they got these workers from the bottom of the barrel of the worst unemployment heap. We just sent them two payments Friday and the current payment isn't even due yet and they are harrassing my place of employment already. Lisa from above is an employee fo CPS, don't let her fool you. The same suggestions she is stating in her blog are the same type of statements they tell you on the phone. Lisa you need to find a better job because God doesn't like ugly. For all you other fellow CPS suffers, thanks for your advice to file a complaint with my state attorney general and the BBB. I forgot to mention that they also called me different racial names when I said I was not going to pay them and they can come pick it up. They told me they were going to garnish my check and see how I like missing time from work to go to court. This is an example of the threats and unprofessional behavior not to mention all the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act laws they break everyday by harrassing me at work.

• Kj
    kjg9530 Oct 30, 2009

The daily harassment is too much for my family and I to deal with anymore. I have told them and my family has told them stop calling other people besides me. They continue to call people even though they have asked you several times to stop. My neighbors have been called...I don't even know them but somehow they have got their phone numbers and called them. My past landlord was called - I don't even live there and they called him. They have called my cousin - I have no idea how they even obtained that name or number to call. My cousin called my mom and said CPS is looking for Amy to repossess her car. OMG - This cousin has not seen me in years and does not even know my number...How did you get hers? They called my ex -boyfriend that I dated for 2 years - YES EX - we are no longer together. The only way I can guess they got his number was that I used his phone once to call them about a year ago and they must have documented the number on caller ID. He told me that they insisted on him paying this payment cause it was a legal matter. I never gave CPS his name or number. CPS called my prior employer and when they told them I did not work there CPS continued to call back 13 times in a row and the receptionist hung up on them every time and they continued to call back immediately again and again. When I started my new job I told Mrs Jones not to call me at work - she started yelling at me and I hung up on her - she called back 24 times and I just kept hanging up on her. THIS was at my place of business. I just want to give them the car back.

• Cl
    claudemb Nov 10, 2009

I'm so tired of them!! I know I'm behind but I always pay them. They have been calling and leaving me nasty messages all day. I don't know how much longer I can handle this stres. They are a horrible company. I wish I could just give them their car back.

Mad mom fed up with CPS Nov 12, 2009

This company is horrible... They are a group of unproffessional clerks. Yes, I said it clerks who don't know the meaning of following the rules of how we pay bills. If they continue to jeopardize their clients livelihood (job) they will have a multitude of repossed cars because without a job, you can't pay a car note with unemployment benefits.
    Wake-up and refine your unscrupulous collection practices..

• Ka
    katrina166 Nov 17, 2009

Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one. They are so unprofessional it's not funny I actually have a guy call me every name under the son so I talked to his supervisor about it and the next time I had to call into them I got him again and he said yeah I heard you complained about me but my supervisor believed me so I got away with it! I was shocked that someone would flat out admit that through a business! There is no problem with bill collecting if someone is not paying but when I have paid every single payment for 4 years now and I'm late a couple times it is absolutely out of control to call 5 times a day and tell me we are going to come take it they have also told me when I'm late if I don't make a post dated check for the next month as well they will come take it which is ridiculous I don't need to pay for the next month til my due date! Please let me know if you file a complaint because I will be all over that. My car is paid off here next year thank god and will never deal with this company again!

• Ca
    Cathy0408 Nov 18, 2009

I will finally have my car paid off in June of 2010. This company is the worst company that is out there. They had my car repoed the day before I was sending them a payment. I had even contacted a supervisor and explained my situation to them. At that time I was waiting on a check that was in the mail. I told the supervisor that I would receive the check no later than wednesday and once I received the check I would pay account in full. The day before which was a tuesday, they repoed it. I was furios, I have made may payments every month since then and I still get harrassed by these people. My statements also indicate that my payments are a month behind yet I am paid up to date. Not to mention that they still show on my credit report that my car is still repoed, which since I am still driving it is obviously inaccurate. I have tried to get that fixed and was told that they were giving the credit union accurate information. I will be so happy when I no longer have to deal with them.

• Th
    THRID PARTY Dec 15, 2009

CPS IS THE WORST FINANCE COMPANY ON EARTH. WHO ISN'T HAVING BAD TIME RIGHT NOW?? NOT TO MEANTION THAT I'M NOT EVEN ON THE CONTRACT WITH THEM BUT YET THEY KEEP CALLING ME AND TELL ME ALL OF MY FRIEND INFO!! IT'S CALLED THE "FDCPA" THEY NEED TO LEARN THE RULES OF THIS LAW WHEN COLLECTING BECAUSE THEY'RE ARE BREAKING EVERY RULE THAT'S MADE TO PROTECT US. I JUST FILED A COMPLAINT IL ATTY. GEN. LETS SEE WHERE THAT GOES. NOT ONLY FOR MY FRIEND BUT FOR ME BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL CALLING ME ATFER I TOLD THEM THAT I'M NOT THE CORRECT PERSON, TO TAKE MY PHONE NUMBER OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM. THEY'RE RUDE, REGARDLESS IF SOMEONE BEHIND THEIR NOTE THEY WAY THEY TREAT PEOPLE ISN'T RIGHT AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS. THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED BUT ONCE THEY GET A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT LETS SEE HOW THEY ACT THEN. AND I'M A THRID PARTY PERSON, THERE'S NO WAY THEY SHOULD BE CALLING ME THE WAY THEY DO. IT'S CALL harassmenT TO A THRID PARTY PERSON AND MY LAWYER WILL BE CALLED. I'M TRIER!!

• Em
    EmsMominMD Dec 31, 2009

I agree with everyone's complaints about CPS. They have taken to calling my work (which I told them not to do on at least 3 separate occasions) as well as faxing my work. They are now calling my 15 year old daughter because they have her cell number somehow and leaving messages for her saying "Mommy's car is going to get taken and you won't have a way to school - how do you feel about that" I know I am late on occasions and that ultimately being late is my fault, but for them to threaten my child is disgusting.

• Bo
    bowhunter1232 Jan 26, 2010

I voluntarily gave back a vehicle that was sent to auction thru cps. I get calls from different states on my home phone and then I also recieve e mergency calls on my cell. Is there a law against this company sending emergency calls to my cell?

• Le
    lesann66 Feb 06, 2010

No more complaining...Google your situation. You have rights. Do something about it.

Jadavies Feb 19, 2010

A guy named Eddie keeps calling me with CPS threatening me. I am trying to pay them off and I could not make a payment today so he yells and gets angry saying that I need to transfer him to my payroll dept. Just a rude man. The guy I worked with was awesome and handled my case very well. EDDIE you suck big time man. I told you to stop calling my job.

• Je
    Jeanettemykidz Jun 18, 2010

We've NEVER been so harassed in our lives...CPS calls throughout the day and night threaten to come pick up our vehicle - due to late payments...The customer service department staff is the rudest people on the face of the earth... They even tried calling from an unknown number and the customer service reps call from their personal cell phones...This is ridiculous...They never want to work with you or make any helpful suggestions to assist you. I care not to deal with them ANYMORE...Therefore - I would like to join protest against CPS. My email is [protected]@gmail.com. I pray that something can be done to stop CPS from harassing consumers.

• Ep
    Epic fail Jun 25, 2010

I am writing to tell you how I have been harassed and bullied by CPS over the last three years. I have been contacted by them on my job indicating my vehicle would be repossessed almost weekly. I have been called at 2:00 a.m. and asked where my car was so they could come pick it up. I have contacted CPS on several occasions in writing and via phone calls and asked that they do not contact me again at work. My wife has also been harassed on her job by phone calls and emails four or five times a day. My family members have been contacted by CPS telling them we are behind on our car payments and are in danger of loosing our vehicle. They have contacted neighbors asking them to tell me that they are coming to repossess my vehicle. The neighbors that were contacted did not know my wife or me. We had just moved and had not had time to introduce ourselves. I can only assume that they looked up our address on the internet and found a neighbor’s address and phone number on line. We had no way of listing these people has a reference because we did not even know their names. This was shocking and humiliating. All of these acts were illegal and in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. The voice mail messages we have received from CPS have been threatening and unprofessional in content and we have recorded them all as well as recorded several phone calls from their employees telling us that we would go to jail and that we are white thrash. I pray that God does not allow someone else to be taken by crooks like CPS in the future.

• Ba
    Barbara1961 Oct 06, 2010

I am not sure how to go about filing a class action suit yet, but I am researching and trying to gather the necessary information. In the meantime, I have started a forum at

Stopunethicalcollectionpractices.freeforums.org

Let's all put a stop to this kind of harassment and unethical behavior by this company. Let's all see what we can find out about filing a class action suit, and let's all work together to accomplish something for the good of consumers!

Please understand that this is going to be a lengthly process and I do have a life, like the rest of you, so if I don't make "headway" as quickly as you think I should, I am sorry but you will just have to bare with me as this is a new and learning process for me!

Eventually, I may have to lean on one or two of you for additional help. If you would like to volunteer to help me research, keep notes, and contact people, please let me know - it would help this process go so much easier!

Only one warning - if I suspect a person of being on the forum to "spy"on behalf of CPS or cause problems for any consumer voicing their complaints, I will kick you off the site - no questions asked!

• Un
    UNAVAILABLE NAME Dec 14, 2010

I LITERALLY HATE CPS, GOD SAID THOU LOVE YOUR ENEMY SO GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME. BUT OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS THE WORSE PLACE EVER TO FINANCE YOUR CAR. THEY ARE RUDE AND NASTY TO THE CUSTOMERS, EVEN WHEN YOU PAY YOUR CARNOTE EVERY MONTH. THEY STILL HARASS YOU! THEY CALL LIKE 5 TIMES A DAY, AND THEY START CALLING AFTER YOUR DUE DATE, NOT THE FACT THEY DONT CALL AFTER THE "LATE" DUE DATE. THATS WHATS SO ANNOYING ABOUT IT, I UNDERSTAND WE HAVE TO PAY OUR CARNOTE, ITS OUR RESPONSIBLITY BUT WHEN YOU HARASS AND KEEP BUGGING ME ABOUT WHAT I ALREADY KNOW I HAVE TO PAY, THAN DONT WORRY ME. YOU HAVE TO BE 3 MONTHS BEHIND BEFORE YOU START HARASSING AND THREATENING TO TAKE SOMEONES CAR. WHOEVER FILE A LAW SUIT, I'M DOWN

• Ca
    Carolyn007 Feb 19, 2011

I agree with almost every comment posted. CPS is the WORST finance company on earth. I am so glad that I finally paid my car off. I agree with "THIRD PARTY" they will call everyone on your reference list and tell them ALL of your business. They are so unprofessional. They leave detailed messages at you place of employment. And at the end of my loan I found that they even add charges . They say that they are "REVERSAL FEES" and no one that I talked to gave me the same answer as to what these additional charges were, but I was told that I wouldnot get my titles to my car until they were paid as well. Then when I paid that they called and was told that I still owed 60 cents interest on my loan. If you happen to use them because you have NO other choice make sure you watch you account history VERY closely! They are the WORST! You would be better off getting a car cash and carry!

• Br
    Brenda Osazuwa Sep 28, 2011

I agree with all of you. CPS need to be stop. I found out that I was being over charged for my vehicle. CPS told me that I should have realized that before I signed the contract. I lost my job in July 2009, and I have been unemployed every since then. I keep telling them that I am unemployed, and I don't have any income. My unemployment ran in June 2011, They told me that they would have to come and get the vehicle. I try to continue to pay on the car by borrowing money from my kids, but that can only go so far, because they have their responsibilities too. I need someone to assist me in talking with CPS about reviewing my account for over payment. I was told that my balance was $19, 000 and later I learned that the car was $35, 000. What's up with that? This was a used 2006 Ford Taurus, with 14, 000 miles on it. I asked them to reevaluate the processing of my account and they wouldn't do it. Now, my last payment is in January, 2012 and they still are telling me that they were going to pick the car up if I don't make the payment. I bought this back in 2005. Please help. Brenda Osazuwa

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices