Consumer Portfolio Services Logo

Consumer Portfolio Services

Having problems with Consumer Portfolio Services?

1888 469 4520 (Customer Service)
1800 443 2588 (Investor Relations)
+1 800 304 6812 (Dealer Marketing Department)
+1 800 342 9246 (Career Opportunities)
19500 Jamboree Road, Suite 500
Irvine, California
Postal Address
PO Box 57071, Irvine, CA 92619

Complaints & Reviews

Consumer Portfolio ServicesScammers

Cps have called my family and every 15 mintues on the hour. They never called me directly and talked to me and they had my number. When I finally talked to them on June 25, 2009 they told me that my payment plan was cancaled and that I was 2 months behind on my car note and that they was going to repo my car. A Mr. Silva (who is a big LIAR and the supervisor)said that they had called me 54 times and and the numbers he gave to me that they had called where my mothers, grandmas and brothers (who lives out of the state) I told him that those was not my numbers and I gave him mine and he said that he see the number and that it was down in my file asked my if I can come up with 470 dollars and that he would expend my June payment and that if I cant to call him and speak to him directly. On June 26, 2009 I had called him to ask for him a rep said he was in a meeting and if she could help me. I told her that I had talked to Mr. Silva yesterday and he told me to call him directly if I can pay half today and half tomorrow because I had to pay my bills and he started calling me a lair and said that I should have the money and the money that they did not take out should still be there. I told him that I had to pay my light bill and he goes is your light bill late I told him no and he then said to me that I am riding in their car making money and paying all my other bills but not paying them that i do not need to pay my light bill since it is not late to pay my car note. I said that yall cancaled my payment plan and now my car is about to be repoed but you want to to get my lights cut off for something yall did and I did not know about. Mr. Silva then tells the rep to hang up the phone run my credit to see where I was and to report the car stolen.

• De
      Denise Brasfield Oct 02, 2009

I had them do the same thing to me. If you find out anything let me in on it. Thank you and good luck.

jules82 Nov 23, 2009

I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. [protected]@yahoo.com

Consumer Portfolio Servicescalling landlord

They have been harassing me since I got the loan, on may 22nd 2009 they called my next door neighbor looking for me, I just moved in. I don't even know these people it was my daughters prom nite. Yesterday on june 22nd 2009 they call my landlord saying they need to speak to me. They are rude told my daughter they were going to repo my car, called my job told them they were gonna repo the car. I need legal help

• Il
        iliason Jun 24, 2009

Legal help costs money, and you don't have any for some reason (even though you profess to have a job.)

-cancel cable tv
        -cancel all cell phones, including your daughters. Explain to her that although she may think she is a princess, times are tough, and mommy can't afford it right now.
        -cancel internet services
        -decide that even if you might not want to, you will not by any new clothing items until you are caught up on your payments.

-shut off the AC (buy fans). Sweat.
        -if your daughter is old enough to work, start charging her rent.

Cut off ALL luxuries. If you won't die without it, stop paying for it.

After all this, you may have enough money to pay your real bills.

• Sh
        Shannon Elaine Jul 06, 2009

Obviously the other commenter here works for CPS. This company is disgusting.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesPoor Customer Service

They have the worst customer services resps I have ever dealt with. I have tried to reach a Supervisor but the CSR (Richard) only hangs up on me after cursing at me, and not just once. It is clear that they are in violation of all laws regarding the Fair Debt Collection Act and the Washington State Laws that protects consumers.
      As a company they have really lost sight of customer services and the ability to provide adicquite training. The threatning calls and inability to complete their jobs is the sadest for all Americans. What ever happened to respect!!! I work as a CSR (over 13 years) and would be hired for the treatment of such a customer. I can only feel sorry for this CSR (Richard) that he needs to belittle someone only to make himself feel better for the lack of ability to do his job.

• Dl
          dlyles Aug 18, 2009

I have my acct with CPS for two yrs, now. I had asked them to could they move my payments towards the end of the month because at the first of the month my mortgage is due and it is impossible for me to make 2 payments in one week. They refused and told me that if I couldn't handle the payment then maybe I should get them back the car(yeah right). I had paid them 3/4 of their payment by Moneygram and they told me that did not accept partial payments, but yet they did not send me my money. They have called me at work and when I call them to explain my situation they threaten to take my car. This company sucks and I will be glad to get rid of them.

• Ke
          kelleygrl64 Jun 08, 2010

I have been with this company for 3 years now and have had nothing but trouble..Latest being Mrs. Ramirez calling to tell me my account is in jeopardy and she needed a payment right now...Let her knwo last guy I talked to was to have made a note that he changed due dates( I as well had asked for the end of the month) low and behold the person I had talked to had not put any notes in the computer as he had stated he was. This seems to be a constant issue, no one enters anything in the computer like they say. After Mrs. Ramirez ggiving me the schoolchild dress down she discovered I was right and was all over blaming the other dude and she would make it right. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor and she basically told me that won't happen. She was to call me back the next day to confirm she had made changes that were to be made and get me a supervisor to talk to...No call back surprise surprise.
          Absolutley NO customer service at this c ompany

• Fr
          frustrated.2010 Nov 04, 2010

I have and still is having the same problem with CPS as most of you are. I too fell on hard times and tries my best to keep up with my payments. None of my payments have never been 30 days late. One reason for that is the threating phone calls that they make when the payment is late. I got a phone call today, and told the guy that I will be making a payment today as soon as the mail runs. I was an hour late for work waiting on the mail and when I called home an hour after getting to work, the mail still had not ran. I call CPS back to let them know of the situation, and he told me that I had to make the payment today. He told me that he could not put it on hold any longer. I told him that the payment is not even 30 days late yet and he said it was 21 days late. Back in July a towing company called my daughter and told her to let me know that they have an order to pick my car up that day. I had to rush home from school, breaking speed limits, so I can get that payment in before 5:oopm, which I had one hour to do coming from a 45 minute ride. CPS has harrassed me several times. I am so glad to see that this is an illegal act and I am also going to pursue action against them.

Consumer Portfolio Services — ripping off consumers/financing

I really feel like cps is a very unprofessional service. I had been having finanacial promblems. My car...

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassing Calls and Threats

This company is unbelievable!!! I've had a car loan through them since January of 2007 and it is the worst experience I've ever had. I've been 1 day late and the reps from this company called my phone several times, my work, my sister, my parents. They don't just leave a message to call them back either, they give detailed information to the person they are talking to about the account, the amount past due, the amount still owing. They also demand that the person they are calling give them information about where I am and why I'm not answering my phone. In March I was layed-off from my job. I made the March payment and informed them that I was layed-off. They then demanded to know how I intended to make the April payment and wanted to know the condition of the car, mileage, and location. Now it's the end of May and a woman named Sharon Whiteheart or Whitehead called and threatened to take the money out of my account because they had my debit card information. They stated I gave them authorization, which of course I never did. I asked them where that "written" authorization was and they told me they didn't need written authorization they could do it because they talked to me and had my card information from prior payments. As soon as I got the message, I called my bank and reported my debit card lost, just so they couldn't access my account. They have also again called each and every one of my contacts and given them details about my account, demanded to know where I was, and basically called each of them liars when they were told they didn't know where I was. This company needs to be stopped, but unfortunately based on all of the complaints I see on this board, I don't see that happening. I guess we all get to continue being harrassed, threatend, and treated like dirt.

Jason May 28, 2009

So you haven't made a car payment since march... There are laws in place to stop them from spouting your personal information to anyone who picks up the phone, however you do owe them a car or you owe them cash. I am sure that if you were never late on a payment, you would never ever hear from them.

• Ri
            Richard47 Dec 18, 2009

I have had an account with them since '06. They seem to threaten me & mother-in-law, and my kids every month. I have been layed-off since 01/09/09 but I have been making my payments every month since I have had this loan, yet still get this treatment all the time, because I pay when I get my un-employment every other week. I can't et another loan to get a pay-off because of the miles on the vehicle. (which I got in '06 with 42, 000 miles on it then). I got succord into this with a high interest rate, bacause we neede a vehicle a.s.a.p. I think they could be better company if they were more responsive of helping out people, because I have asked to get re-financed, but they won't accomodate me. Even with decent credit with them!!!

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassing Calls to Relatives

Here are some details:

CEO: Charles E Bradley Jr
          CFO: Jeffrey P (Jeff) Fritz
          SVP Originations and Marketing: Curtis K Powell

Just thought you all could use some names regarding who owns this company. The rude customer service person at other end of phone didn't want to give this out but the unruly person didn't realize she was dealing with a finance person.

I don't owe anything to this company but once you cross the line and call me twice about someone's account that doesn't concern me and when I have already told you to stop calling me about the person, then I will fight back.

Also, have the call stating that he (the rep) wants me to contact this individual for him. That is against the law.

I pay my taxes and my credit cards when due. I shouldn't be burdened by harrassing calls from a company that cannot keep their act together.

If anyone is going to sue, then include me in. I have filed with the FTC, BBB, and the FCC (I am on the do no call list). I have the case numbers and recordings.

• Co
              concerned May 27, 2009

I agree with you on that one. I have seen alot of posts and mostly they are people who owe money. Some I have seen comment like they own the company and they are probably employees doing the dirty work.

One thing is for sure, I hope if they ever try to find a job, that those who are in a position to hire to check those who apply and used to work for this company and not hire them.

My mother has been receiving calls for an in-law that she doesn't talk to and they keep on harrassing her. Thank you so much for the info and will follow suit. Perhaps I can get some friends of mine from the IRS to look into the individuals listed above and give them heck.

Thank you so much.

Consumer Portfolio Services -CPSJob Fax and Phone Text Harrassment

They fax my job every month, send text messages to my cell phone leave messages at home, work, constant harrassment and to send letters requesting do not call does not work.

Consumer Portfolio Servicesunauthorized charges

I made a payment of 490.00 for my auto loan payment to cps on thursday May 1 then the next day while my card was declined I learned that the went into my account via my checking account and took out another 490.00 leaving my account in an overdrawn 100.00, they told me that I would not be able to use my checking account to make a payment because my last check did not have sufficient funds, so that i would have to call in using my visa debit card which comes out of my checking account, but they went ahead anyway and did it even though i had already made a payment, my next payment was even due yet, I have been trying to call all morning the automated system says they open at 9am-12pm on Saturdays, its is now 10:50am and I still keep getting the message"please call us back during out normal business hours" I dont know what to do I called and checked my account and they applied the payment to next months payment, meanwhile my services are gonna be shut off,

• To
                  tonya May 11, 2009

You can file a complaint with the BBB. And you can dispute the transaction with your bank and they will reverse the payment and give you the money plus your overdraft fees back and in the future make your payment money gram. I don't deal with cps but my husband does and they did the exact same thing to him. And that's what I had to do for him. They called him on a saturday morning told him that his payment was declined and he had to use his debit card and he did and then his account was overdrawn because the payment went through and so I had to do that for him. Also the next time it happen you have the right to tell them that you will wait three business days to see if the payment comes out of your account and if it doesnt then you will make the payment via moneygram.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesUnlawful Harrassment

Consumer Portfolio Services is what you call a SUB-PRIME LENDER.It is equivalent to getting a loan with a LOAN SHARK! Their UNPROFESSIONAL, UNRULY MANNER, LAW BREAKING TACTICS, are exactly what you will get with a Company like this... This company's SURVIVAL is by PREYING on those who have filed Bankruptcy and or having financial difficulty! This Company makes BANK by giving you a loan with a JACKED-UP INTEREST RATE! If you are 1 min late you can count on getting SEVERAL HARRASSING phone calls! If payment is not made, (they could care less about your situation) they turn around and repossess the car, they sell it and then you are responsible for the deficeit. HEY DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANY OF YOU THAT HAVE LOST YOUR HOME TO SUB-PRIME HOME LENDERS!?! These people operate the same way! ONLY FASTER! However, you the Consumer has rights! The DC (debt collector) cannot call you at WORK... They cannot call your EMPLOYER... and they cannot call your REFERENCES AND DISCUSS YOUR BUSINESS WITH THEM. They cannot THREATEN and VERBALLY ABUSE YOU, in any way. They cannot say things like " we are going to garnish your wages". Each State has similar but different laws regarding repossession and it would behoove anyone to contact a Consumer Attorney to learn about your State and Federal laws. In California, there is also THE ROSENTHAL FAIR DEBT COLLECTION ACT. It is in place to make sure DC's adhere to LAWFUL and FAIR Business tactics while trying to collect a debt...You may send a CERTIFIED letter to the company requesting they cease the harrassment... You may list any unlawful conduct etc etc... The point is to COMMUNICATE and DOCUMENT. It is a papertrail that validates what is happening between you and this company... (Notice how CPS never records their phone conversations? If they did, by law they would have to let you know) This is how they get away with their UNLAWFUL ACTS! Don't be surprised if they continue harrassing.. The Best advice is to contact an attorney and discuss your situation. Some attorneys are willing to give you 10-15min of their time for free...Good Luck to anyone who has a loan with this Company... your going to need it...

• Ke
                    kew Oct 22, 2009

what can i do to harassing phone message that i saved on my vociemail
                    ?

Consumer Portfolio Servicesphone etiquette and overall 4 company

I would like to complain that the company CPS is very unprofessional and uses very unprofessional tactics to attempt to0 retrieve payments. I have a sick son @ home in which I miss alot of work for and fell back on a payment. They could not reach me and contacted my neighbors to have me call them. They have also called every person that knows me and my supervisor advising me to call them. The people their that you speak with have nasty attitudes and talk to you any kind of way... Very unprofessional. What makes them think that I am going to call them back if they act like that... UH NO!!! They are still waiting.

• Lu
                      Lucy Jun 01, 2009

The dealership that I used to buy my car asked for relatives. I filled in out, not knowing that CPS would be calling them telling them my personal business, which they are not supposed to do. They have gone to such lengths as leaving messages on my voicemail about they have a tow truck driver on the way to the house to get the vehicle when I haven't even received a notice of repo yet. The ebonics used is purely unprofessional and they have alot to learn about customer service.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesPhone calls and Late fees

This is the worst car loan company ever!!! your payment is a couple days late they start calling you non stop! I thought most normal car loan lenders at least give you a 14 day grace period before they start calling not these guys oh no! 2 days late they are calling. I also have noticed that every month that you are late on a car payment your late fees go UP! isn't that against the law? Arent the late fees supposed to be fixed amounts? Not go up every month? I am almost ready for them to come and take the car so I can end the headache! they are very unwilling to work with you in any way shape or form. I lost my job in 2008 and took a big pay cut when I got on unemployment and they seemed like they had the attitude hey its your problem not mine and wanted to know what condition the car was in and proceeded to ask questions about the condition of the car rather than try and figure out a resolution to my payment problems!

• Ms
                        Ms BW Sep 23, 2009

This company is the worse place ever to get financing from. The people who work for this company have no hearts. They only care about your payment and that is it. They don't care what your situation is, only that they hav a job. They want to tell you how you should be handling your finances and that they are not a bank. I tried to refinance my car and was told "we are not a bank" Well I know that, but you are in the business of lending and receiving money so therefore you as the company should be more flexible in how you treat your clients. I think that alot people who have dealt with CPS were too scared to say anything until now. We need to ge this company investigate for the all the harrassing phone calls and what I feel are illegal practices. If they were a bank maybe they would treat people more fairly oir run the risk of the losing their jobs. Then were would they be. They are more concern with the car then the person paying for the car. I love to tell them the car is a different color and it's parked on the side of the road. And I never know how many miles is on it. I feel they have enough information on that car they don't need to ask the same stupid questions over and over again. Whom ever is the president & ceo of this he or she needs to bve taken out and flogged. or have their phones ringing all the time about a car payment. Or better yet the threat of their car being taken way and see how they feel.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarassing and Threats by phone at work

I have a loan with company on a 05 chev impala and i am behind on payments.the company has a represenative calling my work place which is a police station for emergency.I have advise them time and time again not to phone my work place in which I am a dispatcher who dispatch emergency calls.the represenative from Consumer Portfolio ServicesAKA (CPS) will leave messages advising me to contact CPS which suggest there is something involving me with Childrens Protective Services known to most as CPS
                      I have also been threaten by represenative Ms. Harris she will have the police at my house. When I attempt to tell Ms. Harris I will call her Back she gets beligerant and try to keep me on the phone at my work place.Ms. Harris calls back to back on a daily basis. Even when arrangements are may she and other reps still call my work place as though none of them knows what the other one has arranged with me.I dispatch fire ambulance and police and have told Ms. Harris and other reps that do not call me at work because of the nature of my job.Ms. Harris has even given my work phone number to a person who reposess vehicles and he is calling back to back.
                      I have advised them on several occasions not to call my work place as much as they do on a continual basis.Ms. Harris has left word with a coworker she need me to contact her so they can pick up the vehicle.

tire of CPS Apr 22, 2009

The people who are calling to reposses the vechicle is cps. They act like towing companys for you to get scared into making a payment. Please contact your state attorney general office and the federal trade com. tell them you have to record there phone calls for your protection. Its either Knights towing or browns towing. Don't let them get you. File complaints they work.

• 1b
                          1badmamma Aug 21, 2009

I have a loan with CPS also. I experience harassing recorded msgs to Call CPS. They leave multiple msgs daily... I was called last night by "Will". I asked if I could call him back as I was in the middle of a family emergency. He said that they were closing and gave me the name of someone named "Dora" to call the next morning on ext 5684. Within 30 minutes "Dora" called and the first thing she said was that she needed a payment scheduled by the 31st. I told her I was getting ready to leave the house for an engagement and she became extremely rude to me, asked me if I waas driving to my appt. I said yes, she then asked if I was driving the car. I replied that I was driving A car. She said Oh, You have more than one car?? I told her that she was entering an area that she had no business to... She told me that if I didn't promise a payment for the 31st she was going to close out my account. I ws furious that I was treated so rudely.

• Call Toll Free [protected]
                          Can't Afford Car Payments? Facing Repossession? Call [protected]

visit http://cardebtso­lutions.com
                          DO NOT VOLUNTARY SURRENDER A CAR!
                          CALL US NOW! [protected]

Behind on Car Payments?
                          Do you owe more than the car is worth?
                          Can't Sell Your Car No Title?

We Can Help You Sell Your Car Even If You Owe More Then It's Worth.

If you don't act quickly, you will lose everything
                          you have already invested in the vehicle...

WE HAVE HELPED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO WERE BEHIND ON THEIR CAR LOANS OR LEASE

We specialize in negotiating with all types of Automotive Financial Lenders, "Banks, Credit Unions, In house financiers & etc."

Please Visit Website For Much More Information At: cardebtsolutions­.com

CAR DEBT SOLUTIONS [protected]

Behind on your car payments, and about to lose your car? We can find the perfect solution for you!

We specialize in finding SOLUTIONS for people who are behind on their car payments. If you are behind just one month there is a 90% chance that your financial lender is trying to repossess "REPO" your car.

LEGALLY IF YOU ARE 1 DAY LATE ON YOUR CAR PAYMENT, YOU ARE IN DEFAULT, WHICH MEANS THE BANK OR LENDER CAN START A REPOSSESSION ORDER. A LENDER IS NOT GOING TO LET YOU KNOW THE EXACT DAY THEY ARE GOING TO START TRYING TO REPO YOUR CAR. IF YOU ARE MORE THEN 1 DAY PAST A MONTH BEHIND "32 DAYS", THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THAT CAR, WE DON'T CARE WHAT THE BANK OR LENDER TELLS YOU, SO IF YOUR ARE LATE CALL US NOW!! [protected]

Don't lose out on all of the money you have spent, there are SOLUTIONS, that will make you happy. We Are The Leaders in What We Do.

cardebtsolutions.com [protected]

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassment at Work

I received numerous calls from CPS at work. I have told them not to call me at work, yet they are persistent and continue the harrassing phone calls. Yesterday, February 19, 2009, at 2:30 pm, a representative called my job, spoke with my co worker, and conveyed that his company needed to know my supervisor's name so he could send paperwork to garnish my wages.

I called this morning, Friday, February 20, 2009, at 8:25am, spoke with a guy called Ygnacio, he conveyed that he is the supervisor, stop whining, he can contact my job anytime, regardless if I tell him not to call at all, and that he requested paperwork to garnish my wages.

tire of CPS Apr 22, 2009

what you do is contact the state attorney general in your state and the federal trade com. tell them your complaints. what this company is doing is wrong and illegal. You will get results. this company is and has been sued

Nomie Hart Jul 17, 2009

OMG...Ignacio is the same guy calling me. I just received a call and it went exactly like this. I answered with my job greeting (blank) Support Services how may I help you? Mr. Ignacio immediate said "I am personally going to see to it that you are inconvienced oh yeah this is personal, get all of your things out of the car NOW!!! And he slamed the phone to the receiver. My ear is still ringing. I'm very afraid of him at this time because this was a personal threat, I'm in fear of my life. What should I do? This is really scary.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesAwful experience

We purchased an '04 Toyota in June 2007, we immediately requested a change of due date because of how my husband got paid. They never could seem to get our due date corrected and claimed we had a payment due before we had even had the car 30 days, therefore we had a running battle each month because they said we were late and charged fees and penalties even though we were not late. My husband nearly lost his job because each and every month they were calling his work, his home, parents, inlaws and other references. In December 2008 my husband lost his job, with his last check we made a payment on December 29, 2008. Beginning Jan 2, 2009 CPS was calling our home and each and every reference 3 times a day or more. They were rude, insulting, threatening and harassing to each and every person who answered the phone. They left messages with personal information and blatant lies that could be heard by anyone. I started doing some checking online of complaints and the Better Business Bureau, these people are horribly unprofessional we'd have been better off dealing with loan sharks!!! I really really would like to join in a class action suit against this company. I've seen quite a few people suggesting it but has anyone actually gotten this thing started? If so I would love to join the suit and would be more than happy to testify against them as would everyone I know who has dealt with them.

• Ne
                              nevong Apr 14, 2009

I too have a car loan with CPS and I too agree about the constant phone calls. Thank God for caller ID! I don't pick up anymore when I see their number.

Not only are the fees unexplainable, but has any one other than myself had a problem with your payments getting credited toward your loan?

I purchased a 2001 Jeep for 10, 800. I have been paying everymonth for 15 months and the invoice states my balance is $8, 000 plus. I called and told them this was not correct and they would not listen. Blew me off and told me that if the invoice said that it must be correct. I asked to speak to a supervisor and no one is available or returns my calls, but they call quick enough when they want your money.

They really suck. Class action suite? Bring it on!

• Up
                              upset in Birmingham, AL Jun 09, 2009

I have paid my car loan thru CPS for 15 consecutive months without being over 30 days late.
                              I have indicated numerous time that I can't accept personal calls at my workplace. However, this continues. The collection calls start as early as one day past the due date. The callers are not helpful, rude and make threats to come pick up the vehicle even thought I am well under being over 30 days late on my payment. My credit report reflect 15 consecutive payments with no over 30 day marks. I was advised on last week that even though I was not close to being over 30 days late, they would send a wrecker to pick up my vehicle and hold it until my payroll went thru 4, yes 4 days later. Although the late payment did not exceed 10 days from said due date; CPS caller who spoke little to no english and was not understandable due to a heavy foreign accent advised someone was in route to pick up my vehicle. This is beyond rediculous, upon making a forced payment to avoid embarrasment at my work place stemming from a wrecker being dispatched to pick up my vehicle, I was also advised there were over $1000 in late fee's on the account that I would need to settle immediately. How could late charges accrue on a loan in which I have never gone beyone paying in the month in which the payment was due. I have been harrassed, talked to in a very unappropriate manner and they show no interest in listening to the payment arrangements I offer which revolve around a suggested new payment due date that would resolve everything. I am in the process of having my attorney review the loan documents I signed at the time my vehicle was purchase to see if any "late fee's" were addressed at the time of purchase. I for one feel this company needs to be reported to the better business bureau and the people that have been backed into a wall dealing with their unfair terms in order to keep their vehicle from being unjustly repossed need to ban together with a class action suit.

• Ka
                              Kathylee Feb 03, 2010

I too have been a victum of Consumer Portfolio Services, They harrased my family, friends and co-workers. They are still harrasing me long after I returned the car. How do we start a law suit to hold these people accountable?

Consumer Portfolio Services — HARASSING CALLS

THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE I HAVE A ROUGH YEAR AND I HAVE GOTTEN BEHIND ON MY PAYMENTS YES BUT I HAVE CALLED...

Consumer Portfolio SerivceAwful experience

I've been with CPS for 5 yrs and for the last 2 1/2 yrs they've been out of control! Cps calls and restricts their numbers and call so much that I literally have turn off my phone. Then they try to assume what type of person you are if you make a late payment(s) and say things like' you can't pay your bills on time or you need to act like a grown-up. There has been times when I've told Cps not send a payment thru my banking account and did it anyway. The reps call and question and give people information about my account that doesn't have access to the account. On another occasion CPS lied about what they told the person answering the phone. I advise CPS that I'm going to have the calls pulled to where they lied to me and my husband subopena for court they didn't have much to say. They are very harassing, condescending and lie about how much money is owed on you vehicle to get more money! Paula Robles that works in the Collection department refuse to give me the name of the president of the company and told me that's what she therefore to talk to her. Her employee Mikkel Aldophes made comments that was not true and lied to her supervisor Paula Robles.

Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. — Abusive Collection Practices

When I signed paperwork I signed as a co-signer. They say I am the buyer. On one occassion a representative...

Hinsdale

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassing Calls & Ripping Off

When I got laid off in April 08, I started to fall behind on payments, if I was one day late I was called and harrassed. I always made my payments and never let it get more then 1 month behind. I was unemployed till July 08 and single mother struggling just to make rent, utilities, daycare, food and expenses for Son on unemployment check. I still tried to make car payment but was harrassed daily and numerous times by CPS. They called family and friends and threatened them, asked them to make my payments or tried to get more information out of them but not stating who they were. In July 08 I was hired as PT employee with it becoming FT sometime in 09, so I took it because it was a little more money then unemployment but not much. I did Voluntary Repo and they said they would come get it, but continued to harass me, family, friends were now calling me at work on my work cell which I never provided that information to them. They said some pretty nasty things, belittle me and family ... still wouldn't come get car until I told them it was now uninsured, unregistered and sitting under tree and Hurricane was on the way. They threatened me in all kinds of ways from court, garnishing pay, taking assets. I always sent them extra money during Tax Refund trying to pay it down and off quicker and the amount I owed actually grew instead of decreasing. In Oct 08 I received Explanation of Calculation of Surplus or Deficiency, showing amount owed was about another 1k then what it was or should have been to my belief of what was owed after all payments made, amount sold for and stating I owed them around 2k so I looked at it as that isn't so bad when I next my Tax Refund for 08 in 09 I will call and try to settle with them, but in Nov 08 I received a letter saying that they have made several attempts to contact me which now was so FALSE not one phone call from anyone and I owed them around 5, 600. I called and tried to resolve the matter between the two letters and they claim that I do owe them 5, 600 not 2, 000. In all honestly everything they put me, my family, friends, even step daughter one time through, all the FTC rules they broke they should be paying me 5, 600 for the harassment, threats, embarassment, suffering and almost costing me my PT job!! This company should not be in business from all the research I have done on them I am not the only one who has suffered this way!!

• Ba
                                  babybe Sep 29, 2009

Well I thought I was the only person who had these types of difficulties with this company! I have had a rep to call my job back to back 10 times. During the first two calls I explained to them that i was homeless with my two children and I could bearly feed them let alone pay my car payment, prior to then I paid my care payment on time. The rep went on to tell me how bad of a mother i was and I was "triflin", and that they were going to come and pick the car up! At this time i only owed them 160.00. I continuously received phone calls from them harassing me and any of my contacts. I then called back to request for an extension or to add the payment on to the end of my loan, I was told that was not possible! The company has to do there job, but this behavior is uncalled for!

Consumer Portfolio ServicesCPS in General

People have been complaining about this company since its induction into the auto loan industry. These people are rude, hateful, overbearing...need I go on. I called to get a pay off on my auto loan and the woman was a cu**.
                                When I traded my vehicle in, CPS was the first to step up and take the new loan, they gave me a descent interest rate. Instead of giving them my actual work number, I gave them my company cell phone number (one that I always carry) because I knew the economy was getting bad, this is the reason why I traded down. I knew that if I got behind on a payment then they couldn't call the upper management where I work and harrass the ### out of them!! I recognize the number coming into both of my cell phones and I just don't answer now! They do call me 5, 6, 20394 times a day but I don't have a mail box full of messages from these as******!!! I called the car dealership that I deal with and told the Manager that if he ever attempted to put me with that sorry company again that I'd drive right through his showroom!!! I am trying to refinance with another bank or trade out, which ever happens first. I'd suggest we all get together and pick a day to call these people to let them know what we think of them. I don't mean call the customer service line because they don't care, I mean that we go further up the chain...to the CEO; flood his office with messages! then let them have back all the vehicles they financed. Let the financing world know that we won't take but so much of their crap!!! With the economy as bad as it is, now would be a great time to hit them where it WILL hurt!!! I don't know, just an idea!

• Kc
                                    KC33 Mar 06, 2009

Also as will as flooding them with call, Also file an electronic complaint of the federal trade commission website each time they harrass you

tire of CPS May 09, 2009

We need to get a class action lawsuit together for all the embarassment and pain they have caused. Just a suggestion

Consumer Portfolio Service — rude/harrasing phone calls

To whom it may concern, i took out an auto loan with consumer portfolio service but in last couple of month...