Conn's Home Plus Logo

Conn's Home Plus

Having problems with Conn's Home Plus?

+1 877 358 1252 (Comments, Compliments, or Complaints)
+1 800 511 5750 (Credit Account Information & Payments)
+1 855 266 6349 (Product Repair Service)
+1 877 472 5422 (Online Credit Application Inquiries)
+1 866 765 1513 (Conn's Web Store)
+1 877 472 5358 (Warranty Renewal)
+1 888 614 5627 (Career Hotline)
4055 Technology Forest Blvd, Ste 210

Billing Address

PO Box 815867, Dallas, Texas 75234-5867

Complaints & Reviews

service failure

I have a an air conditioner/ heater window unit for my appartment that the air mover motor failed two year...

restocking fee

I pick up a new computer from Conns for about $900.00. When I tried using it most of the software that came...

100% customer satisfaction, not!

Purchased a brand new dryer with cash 3 months ago, Brand name 'Roper', I guess Whirlpool...

television not working

I brought a 50 inch RCA television from Conn's back in Feb. 07. After having the TV for about 5months I...

bad customer service and technician

This company's part and service department has the worst customer service i have ever seen in my life. I...

conn's

Well folks there are things you should know about us sales people
at Conn’s we only get pay by commission so that means to you
That if we don't sale you something with a warranty we don't make any money so we will shove it if we can; nobody likes to work for free,
So don't be surprise, and by the way some items have more profit for us so we will try to sale you what puts more money in our pockets, not what you want.
In reality the system it’s all screwed up. Our computer system is so old
That often things get lost and they will make you call more than 20 numbers before you get any answer; don’t blame us for that ok.
Do you want to know a little secret?
every month we have a company meeting where we talk about how to make more money off of you, At Conn’s either you make money reaping people or you quit so there you have it, now, I think I will be able to sleep tonight, and don't forget to stop by your local friendly Conn’s store. Yes am the guy in the red jacket

[Resolved] customer service

I purcahsed a Poulan Pro Rototiller on 3/30/08. The second time I used it the drive shaft in the transmission...

calling me and putting me on hold

I have repeatedly received calls from Conn's on my cell phone. When I answer the phone, an automated message tells me to please hold while a representative comes to the phone. MY TIME IS PRECIOUS. IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME, GET A HUMAN ON THE PHONE BEFORE YOU CALL ME!!! Every time that Conn's has tried to contact me(which is about 10 times now) I have waited on the line between 5-10 minutes before hanging up and resuming my schedule, and I have yet to talk to a living, breathing person.

That is just the half of it!! I have NEVER even been to any Conn's locations (and I sure won't give them any of my business now). Conn's is trying to reach some man that has an account with them, and I have tried to tell someone at that business that I am NOT that man, and I don't know who he is. When Conn's calls a cell phone number, they should give the option of someone pushing a number that tells Conn's that said person no longer is in possession of that cell phone number, which automatically removes that number from their DUMB computer system!!!

A perturbed individual!

• Bo
    bob Sep 01, 2008

i agree conns is weird i bought a blender for 4 bucks and it was like buying a car had to sign 3 contracts give them phone number and social then the person followed me to my car to right down my license plates then only after getting the plates did she allow me to hold on to my blender and leave wtf

• Bo
    bob Sep 01, 2008

i bet their like some type of scam or id theift store watch out

• Bc
    BCM Sep 17, 2008

I am a customer of Conn's and have been for over 10 years. I have bought every major appliance I own plus smaller items such as ipods and video cameras from Conn's. When I need anything electrical, I go to Conn's before anywhere else.
    I am extremely shocked and appalled with the way Conn's has been treating me. After YEARS of never missing one payment on my Conn's accounts, I have begun receiving numerous phone calls from an automated system from Conn's reminding me to make my payment. This wouldn't be so bad if it was once, but is numerous phone calls for several days on every phone number which belongs to me, even if I have already made the payment!
    When these phone calls started in August, I called the customer service department to ask why I was suddenly receiving these calls. The representative gave me a stock answer that it was just a simple system set up to remind the customers about payments. He agreed with me when I pointed out my excellent payment history with Conn's and he told me that he'd get the system to stop calling me.
    Imagine my surprise when just TWO days after Hurricane Ike badly affected my area, Conn's automated system called every phone I own again 5-7 times each day again. Do they honestly believe that in the middle of recovering from a hurricane my family needed the added burden of dealing with these relentless automated phone calls?? Again, a one time reminder would have been sufficient, IF they felt the need that you had to it all, which I still cannot comprehend.
    This morning I took the time out of everything else I had to contend with to actually make the payment on my Conn's account just so that Conn's would stop tying up my phones with these relentless reminders. Imagine my disgust, when Conn's called three more times to remind me that my payment is due.
    I have just called the customer service number again ( more of my time wasted with them)only to be told that "that's just the way the system is set up..." I asked him to please only deal with those customers who are delinquent with payments and leave me alone, again suggesting to call just ONE time if they had to. I told him that I had actually MADE the payment this morning and could he please get the calls to stop? He gave me a verbal shrug and just kept repeating that "that's the way it's set up."---I asked him who could fix it and who I could talk to. He then gave me the number of a "corporate office"---713-676-1153---guess what? It's not a working number. Can I now call and harass Conn's several times a day to "remind" them to give customers working numbers? You'd think a company who could come up with a system who could "speak" my name every time it called, could at least have a working phone number for a corporate office.
    I want everyone to know of Conn's insensitive and shameless methods of "getting" y money, especially during this trying time. It's bad enough when families are not recovering from life changing disasters, but to have this happen only two days after my family has suffered losses, is trying to reach family members, and is trying to get life back to normal is absolutely unforgivable.
    I also feel that the system should be "set up" in a much more accommodating manner. It should not call customers who are not delinquent or late with payments and it should not call so many times, for so many days, on so many phone numbers. For heaven's sake, we have NEEDED our phone lines the last three days for more dire purposes. How dare they? I am sorry I ever did business with them and I am even more sorry that I was such a good customer who gave them all my business and who made my payments on time each month, as I've been given no accommodations for that whatsoever. I've only been harassed

• Li
    Lisa Hankins Nov 10, 2008

Conns is absolutely horrible. I will not even go into the terrible experience that I have had with them. Just know that their customer service is non existent and astonishing. I also was a previous customer and can not believe how shady their business is. I highly recommend that you do not buy anything from them and you warn everyone you know! You are in for headaches and a serious rip off if you buy from them.

Chris Jones Jan 15, 2009

Yes I Agree about the phone cause has got out of hand I will met that I have miss some payments over the years, but for good reason you know like everybody else you have house payments, car payments got to feed your kids more important things. Yes you got to pay your bills I understand that, but there's only so much you can do and especially in a bad economy what can you do . First of all if they did not record their messages I would handle in another way, but there is no reason to threaten or harass and be hostile with a customer on the phone I do not take that likely I'm about to do a legal action towards Conns. I'm about to got to the press in every major city in Texas and write of how conns is a rip off company and how they treat their customers. If there's no action taken by this manner. And I also highly recommend that any one do not buy from this company.

• Tj
    tj1 Feb 21, 2009

I will tell everyone looking for electronics to avoid Conn's! I went in and bought a TV. They offered free delivery and said it could be delivered the next day. Great! The next day they tried to deliver a floor models with scratches on the screen and on the sides. It wasn't even in a box. What kind of store does this. I immediately called the store after declining delivery and talked to a manager. He got my phone number and said he would try to find another TV for me. That was 10 am. At 3pm I went in person to the store and they had no idea what was going on. They gave me nothing but excuses and did not try to make it right. It was by far some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never go there again and urge everyone to stay clear.

• Br
    brand Feb 28, 2009

I WENT TO CONN'S ON FEB 20, 2009 AND BOUGHT A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR. THEY DELIVERED IT TO MY RESIDENTS ON THE 23.THEY HAD TO TAKE OFF THE DOORS TO BRING IT THROUGH MY HOUSE. AFTER THEY BROUGHT IT THROUGH MY HOUSE AND PLUGGED IT UP.WE REALIZED THAT THE ICE, WATER WAS NOT BEING DEPENSED.THE DELIVERY MAN HAD CALLED HIS BOSS AND TOLD HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON. THE BOSS TOLD HIM TO TELL ME THAT THEY WOULD SEND SOMEBODY OUT TO FIX IT. THAT IT WAS PROBABLY THE NEW WATER LINE HAD GLUE BLOCKING IT TO COME THROUGH. I HAVE HAD 4 SERVICE MEN OUT TO MY RESIDENTS TO TELL ME AND CONN'S THAT THE REFRIGERATOR CAN'T BE FIXED. THE DELIVERY MAN HAD PULLED OUT A MAIN WIRE THAT TELLS THE BRAIN THAT THE DOOR'S ARE CLOSE AND TO DEPENSE THE ICE, WATER. SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE HEARD OVER AND OVER THAT I WOULD GET ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR. EVERY TIME I HAVE BEEN IN THE STORE TO SEE IF THEY HAD HEARD ANYMORE NEWS THE MANGER TELLS ME NO, AND IS VERY RUDE. I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL EVERY BODY THAT I KNOW NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM CONN'S.I DO BELIVE THAT THEY GOT THERE NAME FROM CONNING PEOPLE OUT OF THERE MONEY.

• St
    Stunned Customer Aug 13, 2009

We bought a tv from Conn's last year with the idea that we were getting 12 months no interest and placing a $400 down payment, which never even went towards the total balance. This tv was 2199.95 and over a year and a half later I realize that we still owe almost $2000 dollars. I started looking through the payment book and realized that only the first 6 months of payments went towards the whole total, then the no interest had stopped. The 7th month almost $300 dollars had been added to the total out of no where. I went to the store to get help and was treated like I had done something wrong and recieved no help from the manager at the store in Round Rock. We left and in the same week we were a little late on our payment, because I had been struggling to keep the payment on time, but I was not going to anymore when Conn's had not stuck behind their side of a contract. I had learned that the contract is to protest them, not their customers. They use it to their advantage and theirs only. Then after that happened they called us last week and my husband made payment arrangements for tomorrow when he got paid, but we were called again today and accused of not making arrangements and asked a ton of questions like what time would we be going into the store the next day to pay. My husband said that he didn't know, but that the payment would be paid. All of a sudden the lady was not on the phone anymore. A man who was her manager grabbed the phone, never stated his name or anything, and said so I hear you are trying to be difficult. My husband was blown away because he had anwsered every question she had asked, and had given her the information she asked for. My husband then told the manager that he did not understand what he was talking about, and the man said well you do not want to cooperate when you are 2 months late. Again we had to correct the man and say no we are one payment late the other is not even due until the 20th of this month. The man started speaking to my husband like you would not believe, then when I asked what he was saying because of the astonished look on my husbands face and the loud noise coming over the phone the man said I am not in the mood to hear her mouth. I am talking to you and I want anwsers and a payment made. I just could not believe it. My husband not being a grown idiot like this man was just hung up the phone. We called the 1800 number that we had been given to try to get some help with the issue by asking for the corporate # the woman on the other end said it was the corporate, but later said that the manager over managers was at the corporate office. When we said we thought we were speaking to the corporate office we did not get a response. I am sad to say that if we had not already paid almost $200 on this tv, that it would be going back because I would not pay another dime to a company who feels that they can treat people that wya. Please if you have read this please do not go there. It was great for the first few months but they will get all that no interest and those offers back on you somehow. A good deal there is more money for them...you just do not know it at the time. Thanks for reading ! :-)

unauthorized charges

I can not believe this company, how you are ripping people off. I went into your store to purchase a item, and paid cash for it I this company had the nerves to add it to my acct, when I paid cash for it once I had settled with the company because I could not find the receipts, you had the nerves to call 6 mths later and demand more money, for something that was paid for the 1 time. So now you are making me pay 3 times for a item, but so happen I kept my information this time. And it will fax as ask.

• Ro
    Robert Heiney May 30, 2009

They certainly have the right name for their company, except they have one to many "N's" in it. I bought a HD TV on 5/23/09. Asked for 12 months interest free. Salesman said, "I have to make the term for 18 months, because I can't get the credit approval for just 12." WHAT A BUNCH OF HOOEY!" I took it anyway, knowing I'm paying this off in six months. Then when I get home, I notice a line on the credit app that says Property Insurance. Which costs $5 per $100 of purchase value. Was not told I needed property insurance, which by the way, I have replacement value with my Home Owners Policy.

These people and this company are good old fashioned Texas snakes in the grass. I've lived in other states where there are laws on the books that prevent companies from using these tactics when selling to the public, but I guess this is good ol' boy country, where a pat on the back and sly smile is all you need to do business.

GOOD CONN's! Never again.

poor delivery installation and customer service

We recently bought a GE smooth cooktop from
Conn's (cost was almost $800 dollars). The
installation was very poor at best. I called the
store on Old Katy Road where we purchased it,
and the salesperson gave me the telephone number
of the service department. They put me on hold
forever and then chewed me out for being dumb
enough to call them instead of the delivery
department. (Well, if the salesperson didn't know
any better how could I?) I called the delivery
department who scheduled a "re-installation"
for today, June 9. They told me they could not
give me a time so I would have to just block off
the day for the service. When three o'clock came
I started trying to track down the crew. The
people at the delivery department who had
scheduled this said they did not have a record of
it and that "someone" must have pulled it off the
roster. Then they told me they didn't know when
they could get to it again. I finally called what
is supposed to be their "head office" in this district
to talk to the general manager there, Shannon
Freeman. Instead, it was handed by Freeman's
personal assistant, Toni, who said she would get
in touch with the people in Houston and have
someone could out today. She also said she
would call me back. After waiting an hour and
not hearing from her I called her back. She said
the person in Houston, Ben Ashmore, had tried
to call her back but she hadn't talked to him yet
and if I would just wait awhile she would talk to
him and find out what was going on. When she
finally called me back she said someone would
be at my house between 4:30 and 7:00 p.m. and
they would called before they came. They never
called, and they never came. Obviously, everyone
there has gone home and left me with no one to
complain to. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY
HAVE PULLED THIS ON US. THE LAST TIME
IT WAS WITH AN OVEN IN ONE OF OUR RENTAL
PROPERTIES. THESE PEOPLE ARE RUDE, SLOPPY,
AND JUST DON'T CARE!

[Resolved] 8 sevices for the same problem and yet they won't refund of replace my tv

This is a copy of a letter I submitted to a local TV station here in Austin that helps consumers when they...

tv - repair center

I brought a TV in February of 2008 from the store in Mesquite, Texas. When we get it out of the box the power button would not work but we were okay with that since we had a remote control. On April 5, 2008 I put a VCR tape in the TV and it would not reject. I took my store in Euless, Texas and was told I had to leave it. I kept calling the repair center because no one would return my phone call and tell me why no one had started to work on my TV. I was told that the service center only had one tech because the home office cleaned house because the repairmen were not doing their job. Finally on April 19th I received a call from a Lloyd just to tell me that there was water damage and that is why the power button would not work and my warrant would not cover water damage. I explain to Lloyd that the power button did not work from the day I took it out of the box and I clean and have no children in the house so I know that I did not put the water damage there. He could not tell me how long the water damage had been there and was not concern at all. I explain to Lloyd that I had the Euless store check before I left the TV with them and the only thing that was wrong with the TV was the power button and the VCR tape not rejecting and I wanted my TV back. He was only to have the manager, Terry, call me and still I have not heard anything. I have called and had to leave messages with their home office and still I have no return calls or my TV. I will never buy anything from Conn’s and have call the Consumer Fair Trade and everyone else I can think of to help get my TV back so I can take it to a true repair center. Any suggestions

• Ot
    O. Tillman Apr 29, 2008

I called and reported to Conn's service center in December of 2007 that I needed service on my range that I still have warranty on. A Service tech came out, repaired one part and said that he was going to place an order for the other part that was needed to repair the range. I waited for the call, as Conn's always call and set up a date to come and repair the appliance. I have made numerals calls trying to get this range repaired, but to no avail. I called and spoke with a store manager by the name of Chris where I purchased this product and was lead that he would contact the service manager on the next day and call me back at one of the numbers that i provided him with to contact me. I did not get no response fron that either. Therefor I called for the service manager at customer service and a female that said her name was Tonya, pretented to be a manager until I continued asking questions how did this happen and why no respond from their company. She reply that until the part comes in, no one will contact me. So I guess it takes a year and a day to get your appliance repair from Conn's. I am still waiting. In the future, I would advise everyone to be careful about making a purchase from Conn's. My part may never come in since this is the last of April 2008 and I only been waiting since December 2007.

Vickie Apr 29, 2008

We did call the store in Mesquite when we realize the power button was not working and they told us to call the repair service center. They never returned the call, so; yes we just settled using the remote control. We never played the VCR because we only have DVD's. My son brought my granddaughter over on 04-05-08 with a new VCR movie and that was the first time we have ever use the VCR. The TV was a gift and we videoed my daughter during her birthday party and we even have it on tape where is saying the TV would not turn on with the power button then she uses the remote control and it worked. I have told Conn’s they could see the videotape from the birthday party so they would have the proof that the power button did not work but they had no comment. I received a call from Terry on Monday, April 28th stating my TV had been repaired and sent back to the store. When I quoted what Lloyd said about the water damage and wanted him to verify that the TV had been repaired and what they repaired, he said he would call me back. I did receive another call from Terry stating my TV was coming back to the repair center and he would call me back later that afternoon since Lloyd did not have notes concerning what he repaired on my TV, however, as of tonight I have not heard back from Terry. Why would they call and say my TV had been repaired and they have no notes as to what they repaired? The left-hand does not know what the right-hand is doing in that repair service center. There has to be something we can do to get a refund or exchange and keep this from happening to another person.

Vickie May 25, 2008

Filed a complaint with BBB first of May. Finally rec'd e-mail that Conn's will repair my TV and water damage had taken place before I purchased the TV. (Thought I was purchasing a new TV?) Was told I should have my TV back next week. Well, we will see!

Vickie Jun 15, 2008

I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and finally got my TV back on June 6. They did not put my power button back on the TV so I have a hole in that spot.

Alan Shepard is the big shot at Conn's from what I heard.

[Resolved] terrible customer service!

We feel like we are being scammed- Recently we went to Conns in Round Rock, TX to purchase a Television. We purchased a 61' Samsung DLP. After afew days we started to notice tilting and bowing of the picture and also made a slight popping sound. We took the TV to the store a week after the purchase to return it. The manager was very awkward and was not helpful at all. He stated that there would be a 15% restocking fee. Which is very wrong because the TV has a manufactures defect. He stated that the service Tech needs to come out and check the television in order to not get charged the restocking fee. The day the tech arrived he stated that it was tilting and bowing and that it was a manufactures defect. He had me take pictures with my camera to email to him for proof. After a week of delay he went back and stated on his report that there was nothing wrong with the television. We were very frustrated by the situation so we loaded up the television and took it back to the store. The manager stated that they have found at least five Televisions with the same defect but we are not able to return it. The service manager needs to approve the return. The television was left at the store with the manager. We have records of everyone we have spoken to and the pictures to prove everything we have done to resolve this situation this is our next step. This cant be true- the television is defective and we as customers should have right to return it. It has been 2 weeks and still no resolution. We are being severely mistreated by the store and the tech. I need help to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

• Conn's Home Plus's response · Sep 08, 2010

Dear Conn’s customer,

We would like to apologize for the problem you have had with our company and would like to resolve your complaint for you. Please contact us at:

1-877-358-1252 or via the web at http://support.conns.com

Conn’s customer support

• Ro
    Robert Mar 21, 2008

Call Samsung @ 1-800-726-7864 Tell them your story. They will take care of you.

dergrossee Jan 21, 2009

I have found the customer service at Conn's nothing short of exemplary. Over the last 20 years I have purchased a stove, a refrigerator, multiple televisions, multiple window air conditioning units, multiple GPS units, front load steam laundry pair, top load dryer, an unlocked cell phone, computer accessories and many other items.

The few times I have needed service from Conn's they have been nothing but professional with prompt courteous service.
    When I read these negative comments if I can only assume that you must've met with someone who was not yet fully acquainted with the company-wide commitment to quality

Conn's has been in Southeast Texas for like 100 years. Locally everyone I know believes that Conn's offers quality products with terrific customer service all in prices that are hard to beat.

• Co
    connsisthedevil Feb 07, 2009

Conns is bad news. I live in northwest austin tx. They sold me a bed they did not have in stock and wanted me to wait several weeks to get- even though they claim that if a product is not available they will substitute it with equal or greater item. I dropped the bed and kept the washer- bad move. Now that the washer stopped working I called for service since I paid an extra $100 for the warranty. they set up the appointment and tell me the tech will call me some time between 8am and 10am to let me know when they will be out, I take a day off of work to wait for them. I call their "customer service" at 11 giving the tech plenty of time to call me like they were supposed to. They did not know anything, they said they would call the tech and call be back. 2 hours later I called again- same story. another hour later and this time the rep was actually nice to me and said that the tech left late but would still call me and still be out but to call back if they had not arrived before 6pm since customer service closed at that time. 5:30, no call no tech. called them back and a rude lady told me that the tech was called away because his wife was at the hospital and he did not come into work that day. I asked when they planned on calling me to let me know I had wasted my day waiting on them and asked to be scheduled the next day since I was inconvenienced. The lady said that is not how it works and told me I would have to wait until the next week. I asked for a supervisor and she told me she was one and that "It stoped with her". I reminded her that she did not even attempt to show any empathy for my situation and she was sarcastic after that. I hate conns and I should have never bought anything from them. I immediately filled out a complaint with the better business bureau and I would suggest you do the same. Honestly I feel that your complaint is worse than mine.
    Good luck.

• Up
    UPSET WITH CONNS Jan 11, 2010

I went to refinance my conns loan to get a lower payment, recieved the new contract, was happy with my new payment, BUT a 2 weeks later i start receiving collection calls, not only me but my family members were getting them too...we talk to them everytime they call and still the same thing they never get the refinance paperwork and then they will look into it...i call the store and they state that i have to bring the new contract in for them to fax to corporate...SHOULDN'T THEY HAVE A COPY!!!...we are still gettting the collection calls when were are not behind on any payments...they are disorganized and i feel i am being screwed by conns...my suggestion...DONT BUT ANYTHING FROM CONNS...ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE...

scam and fake!

I bought my television @ conns on January 2008, I received the television about 3 days after. Within a week the tv started turning off on me, I called Conns they sent someone out about a week after someone came out and said they will order the part and as soon as they had it they will come out to install it. Someone came out finally, but brought the wrong part, so they reschedule until a week after someone came out during this period I still had to give the first payment for a non working brand new tv. Anyway they came out the second time and they said the fixed it but after 30min the tech left the tv was once again a non working tv. I am tired of this, I bought a new tv, because I had the very same problem with my other tv's, you go to a store to buy something new not to come to your house and have the very same problem and then some. If anyone knows what can I do? Please tell me!

• Ci
    cindy dunning Mar 17, 2008

Conn's is the worst place to buy. They lie and do not tell people
    that they have a 10 day return policy on tv's. We bought a Samsung LNT 4071F 40" . 2 weeks later we starting have problems with it. They did nothing!!! They are exactly what their name stands for CONN'S. Do not buy from there. Pay the extra dollars and buy elsewhere. We continue to fight with them and their Customer Service is the worst I have ever seen. We yell everyone we know not ;to buy from there. They sell nothing but defective products. Buyer's beware.

joe Sep 11, 2008

let me guess the op's was samsung tv also, there is an issue with samsungs that makes them turn off randomly, there is a easy fix for this that takes all of 2 mins, goto samsung website click on support then look up you model download the firmware update, copy it to a usb key insert it into the tv, when it asks for auto deny it and select update 10 secs later the tv will reboot and its fixed. I found this in less than 10 secs googling the issue. I am also buying samung 67" dlp, i know the starting firmware will be outdated so ive already downlaoded the firmware so when i get the tv ill be ready to update it 1st thing. you also could have called the manufactuer 1st they would have directed you to do this. use common sense instead of blaiming a retailer.

dergrossee Jan 21, 2009

refuse to honor repair waranty

Prior to 1 year warranty expiration on a Amana Washing machine , purchassed at Conn's appliance store...

deceptive business practices!

Complete SCAM! I went to Conn's on Sat. 16th of Feb to purchase a TV that was advertised. There was no "limited quantities, while supplies last, etc". Got to the store... None in stock!! When I asked to order one, they told me they couldn't. They convinced me to purchase another brand TV. Paid CASH... 2 days later when I was expecting my order to be delivered to my house I call the Sales Rep. Guess what... OUT OF STOCK!!! Completely deceptive business practices as their advertisements are misleading.

poor customer service

To Whom It May Concern, Today my boss and I went into one of your stores in Plano, 1021 N Central Expy and...

defective merchandise!

We will NEVER do business with Conn's again. I will definitely tell all my friends and family about the...

poor service

Conn's Appliances - Highway 365 Port Arthur, TX
www.conns.com

I bought a weed eater with the extended warranty at Conn's and then I took it back because it would not crank. After two weeks my wife called to check on it and the service department said they had not looked at it and it may be another week before they would look at it. I called the store manager and he said he would contact the service manager. The service manager called and said the weed eater needed a carburetor and he had to order one. I went to the store manager (Tony) and told him I had to have a weed eater or my money back and I would get one somewhere else. He said he could not authorize anything. I explained that I have spent around $20,000 in his store and he is going to loose a good customer but I still have no weed eater after almost 3 weeks.

• Mi
    mike cherry Apr 24, 2008

I too have spent about 20, 000 at conns, just last year financed $9680 on a no intrest 36 month note. I have perfect credit, and always pay on time and sometime double payment. However, I payed my last payment 2 days after the 10 grace period wich was never explained to me at the closeing of the sale, because it was 10: 30 at night and they were trying to go home. Wich leaves me paying 21% rape intrest, on the remaining balance of $5, 850. Before I payed 250 per month all to princible, now I pay 250 and 116 goes to intrest...All my banks have a 15 day grace period. The Conn's Credit department would not waive this for me. So I had to put it on my Washington Mutual credit card, were they have 0% on all balance transfers. Needless to say, I now know were Conn's got its name. The day I payed late, we bought a $1500 laptop, not knowing what happend to my current situation.
    To whom it may concern, You can sheer a sheep over and over again and again, but you can only skin him once!!!
    Don't get skinned by Conn's,
    X- customer, Mike Cherry,

Deborah Craigen May 26, 2009

I purchased a Panasonic 37 inch (TCL37S1) flat screen TV ($900. cash) from the Conn's store on Memorial Blvd. Port Arthur Texas on Wed. May 20, 2009. I was promised the TV on Fri. or Sat. May 22 or May 23. That the TV would be in the warehouse in Beaumont Texas & I could pick it up then. Called several times to the store and the warehouse on Friday & got the run around of when the TV would come in on Sat. Called Sat. May 23rd at the warehosue to see when the truck was going to be in, they said at 2pm. Then I was told the TV was not on the truck but they had 38 of those TV's in Houston if I wanted to go there. What? Drive all the way to Houston? AND WHY was the TV NOT ON THE TRUCK if they had so many in Houston? I then went in person to the Port Arthur store (because they kept putting me on hold for long periods of time) and spoke with Manager, ANTOINE THIGPEN. He told me "He did not promise any TV on the Sat. truck. That the TV MIGHT come in on Wed. May 27th and might get to his store on Thurs. May 28th. But HE COULD NOT PROMISE ANYTHING". I was furious..I told him to call around other Conn's stores in the area, that I heard Orange Conn's had one. He made some kind of call & said "oh there's NO TV's at Orange? OK." He said that twice. I asked him to find out from Houston Why wasn't my TV on the delivery truck from Houston. He text from his OWN PHONE, not the store phone to see why. No surprise no answer. I left with my blood pressure up and went into the parking lot and I CALLED ORANGE CONN'S - THEY HAD THE TV THAT I PURCHASED!!! ANTOINE THIGPEN HAD LIED TO ME!!! It was no moe than 10 minutes that he said he called Orange, that I called Orange, TX Conn's store that they had one TV (TCL37S1) and I could come pick it up. ANTOINE THIGPEN LIED TO ME LOOKING ME IN THE EYES that there was "NO TV in Orange or he would send someone to Orange and pick the TV up and deliver it." He kept telling me face to face "that I was not going to get a TV that day, no way. And he was not promising that it would be in on Wed. or Thursday." Went to Orange Conn's and the manager and all the sales people were SO FRIENDLY and helpful. They had the TV, loaded it up after they took my paperwork and I was on my way home with no problems and VERY HELPFUL, FRIENDLY manager and sales associates. I do want to compliment Orange's Conn's. But do NOT deal with ANTOINE THIGPEN. He lied to my face and would NOT put anything in writing.

• Bj
    bj777gary Jun 08, 2009

Conns Appliance and Electronic in Lake Charles Louisiana is poor everything. They lie to you and then after you have made years of payments if you go back to buy something else on your credit account, they make you combine it all in one ticket and refinances the items once again so they can tack on more interest. If you are in our situation, we just filed bankrupt and we are going to lose everything. We have made lots of payments on these items and some of it would have been paid for, but what they are going to do no matter how much we paid they are still fully going to take all of the items. They told us if we voluntarily let the items get repo-ed we still will owe 50%. You know what, I used to work for Conns and all the stuff they repo-ed they re-sell as a MANAGER'S SPECIAL out on the Conns floor or they send the items to the Conns Clearence Center located in Texas. The prices they put on these repo-ed Manager Special items are outrageous. Might as well buy them brand new. So they are expecting for 50% from the owners and they are making more money by putting these items back on the shelves. We got raped on this bedroom set we bought. At the time the bedroom set was almost $4000.00. Now they are selling the same set for $1800.00. So, they are expecting 50% from us and they are going to re-sell and make more money. For a set that costs $1800.00 now. That is ###. When I worked at Conns, I was harassed by another employee and nothing was done about it, until I got sick and quit. They would always send me a hour away to attend these corporate meeting, when they wasn't paying for my gas and I was in poverty level because I was underpaid working 10 hours a day. I had to borrow money from other people just to attend these little meetings. Conns is strickly CRAP! They treat their employees like ### and they steal people's money.

• Bj
    bj777gary Jun 08, 2009

Also to add to my complaint above, when we got the bedroom set they the sales person told us that they were going to deliver on this date and they showed it 2 days late on the delivery and the warehouse did not even call, not even the sales person to let us know. We had to keep calling the sales person and even he did not know what was going on. We was without a bed for 2 days us expecting on it was going to be delivered on a certain date and it wasn't after we got rid of our other bed already we had everything cleared out.

buying from them was a big mistake!

What ever happen to good customer service this folks in this establishment just give you the run around. I bought many items from clearance and was told the item were tested and working fine but first item I brought was not working when they delivered. The service department came down and fix the problem loose wire.

Next nightmare was a 65 inch TV from Mitsubishi first week went down waited for repairman later two weeks on Friday he arrived. Told me he would have to order parts took another two weeks or more so then the TV still didn't work. So then he ordered another part and took a couple of weeks to arrive. Ok everything is ok for about a month then it goes down for same issue call repair person was scheduled to come in on friday again but my request was sooner got tried of waiting. He orders parts then installs and not working so now here I am with no TV for about 5 months since I brought it and all I hear is excuses about the part not coming in right and have to order another parts from Mitsubishi. This will be my last Mitsubishi TV and conns clearance items I will ever buy from them and mistake I made paid cash for my items big mistake.

Conns clearance items,
410 San Antonio Texas.

• Ra
    Randy Lane Jun 04, 2008

Almost three years ago I bought a Missubishi TV from Conns. We have had to have it worked on every year since. I bought a dryer and washer at the same time the dryer has gone out twice and now I have been waiting almost three weeks to have a new belt put on the washer. They say it will be three more days before they can make it to our house this will make about twenty days without a washer. I want buy anything else from Conns.