Zales / diamond chipped during soldering

WA, US Review updated:

Brought my wedding ring set in for checkup. All was signed off and it was perfect. Less than 2 weeks later, brought in that same set for them to solder on my anniversary band. It was also to be dipped in white gold. It was returned with a chip in the center stone under a prong. They tell me this AFTER I sign & put on my ring to leave. Manager blamed chip on my misuse of my ring (poor customer service) but finally agreed to replace the stone using the same jeweler cuz he can do it quickly and NOT through the diamond bond which takes 6-8 weeks. I got it back today and my two side stones are now milky!!! One of them has so many flaws of milky like areas that it's embarrassing to wear.

The clerk said she knows my stones were not flawed like that when I came in originally. Manager was called but I only left with a complaint phone number. The clerk was so upset how the manager was not allowing her to help me.

I want to know what the jewler was doing under a prong or having a diamond loose in order to solder & dip my set! he had no business having my diamond loose out of the prong. How can he change out ALL of my diamonds with cheap stones but put down on paper that he changed out one? The clerk was even going to write a statement but she got yelled at by the mgr and she said she couldnt.

I feel robbed!!!

Comments

• Ro
      Dec 03, 2009

Guess what. If a diamond chipped during repair, IT WASN'T A REAL DIAMOND.