Yankee Candle Gel Air Freshener / warning! gel air freshener can melt plastic!

1 South Deerfield, MA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a vanilla scented yankee candle gel air freshener for my 2007 toyota tundra. I hung it on one of the knobs on my dash and when I went out to my truck after it had been there several days, I noticed a messy substance on my dash behind the freshener. I got a rag with warm water to wash it off and the plastic finish came right off and the plastic dash is actually pitted from the gel, like it had melted a little bit. I looked for a warning on the product and there was nothing that said not to let it come in contact with your cars interior. I have contacted yankee candle company but have yet to hear from them. At this point, i'm just posting this as a warning. Hopefully the company will own up to it. If not, i'll be back...

Va

Comments

• Gl
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Yankee Candle - Yankee candle
    Newtownabbey
    Northern Ireland, County Antrim
    United Kingdom
    yankeecandle.com

The candle has just exploded in flames destroyed our window sill and left us shaken given the shock and the fire risk
    As two seniors we are distributed and distressed and need compensation and damages

• Da
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Yankee Candle - Yankee candle
    Gun barrel city

I ordered two different candles from Yankee candle on the same day for Christmas. It was the first of December. I only received the red one I got for my mom. I still haven't received my sister's candle and we are a week away from Christmas.