Having problems with Yankee Candle?

Yankee Candle Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 243 1776 (Catalog Request)
+1 800 351 1533 (Fundraising)
+1 413 665 1277 (Chandler's Restaurant:)
+1 877 636 7707 (South Deerfield Store Happenings)
12782 Riverdale Blvd NW
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55448-1259

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yankee Candle Customer Service. Initial Yankee Candle complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Yankee Candle above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Yankee Candle. Discuss the issues you have had with Yankee Candle and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Yankee Candle Complaints & Reviews

Yankee CandleYankee candle black soot and smoke

Brand new Yankee candle filled room with smoke and soot which daughter had inhaled. It set off all smoke alarms in the house and the whole room needs redecorating. I messaged Yankee but they ignored me until I put photos of damage on social media. Their reply was it was my fault because wick was longer than 3mm. They didn't care about my daughter or her room all they wanted to do was pass the blame and take no accountability. They didn't even ask if my daughter was ok. Seems this is a common fault with their candles and something needs to be done, they are dangerous. I've never had to cut a wick to as short as 3mm and I use candles all the time but my other candle brands are safe unlike Yankee

• Mr
      Mr. Helpful Jan 28, 2021

I like Yankee candles, but when any candles are used, we make sure to monitor their use so something like this doesn't happen.

I'm not sure why it would cause one to redecorate though. A fresh coat of paint and you're as good as new.

Yankee CandleRibbon wick candle

Before going to bed in the early morning I'll let a ribbon Wick Amber in firelight candle I saw that it was a little crazy with the flame so I threw it out and squished down the wick. I was awake for approximately 15 minutes I would think and fell asleep this was 4 AM two hours later my husband yanked open my bedroom door and thought the house was on fire he said that he couldn't even see me the bed is only 4 feet from the door smoke was billowing out all over I had my four Yorkies in there and myself I opened all the windows turned on the ceiling fan close the door and Open the windows in my kitchen and turn down the ceiling fan. I close the curtains in between my dining room and living room and slept on the couch my husband took the dogs to the groomer later that day and when he brought them back I was up I didn't realize that was black all over my face and the two dogs that he didnt Take to the groomer were absolutely filthy they proceeded to go to the groomer the other ones were here I didn't realize the extent of the damage until I went to the bathroom and blew my nose black I looked in the bedroom and everything is covered and such when I started to take pictures and wipe things down a little bit I realized I need Servpro. The sun has extended throughout my entire house it's not as bad in my living room but every room every ceiling every wall and every item that I own is cupboard insert God knows what it did to my airway and to my Yorkies airway for that matter I contacted Yankee candle and was told I was going to get a link that I could send pictures to and place a formal complaint . I hung up and looked for the email and it wasn't there I called back and the company was closed. I do have a second floor and now I am staying up there for everything the smell is horrendous I have the doors open the ceiling fan on and scratchiness in my throat I took a shower and black was everywhere. I have saved my pajama top and the blanket that was underneath the one that I washed I've taken pictures of everything. this needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I am now seeing complaints on the Internet and not knowing if they were handled or not something needs to be done. I have more pictures but this website is not allowing me to add them

Yankee CandleLost their scent

I used to LOVE Yankee candles and that was the only brand I would buy. 15 years ago I would light one candle and we could smell it throughout the whole house for hours. Now ALL the ones I have bought within the past few years have NO scent while burning. Even in a tiny closed room...nothing. I've exchanged them in store, and asked the saleswoman for specific candles that give the strongest scent. I got the ones she recommended...same problem. A Macintosh candle would smell absolutely amazing and now I can't even smell it. What happened? I have a few more sitting around and I want to just return them but I don't have the receipt.

• Be
          BeccaRose Nov 10, 2020

I just had the same issue using the website yankeecandle.com. I purchased other items but am disappointed in the candles extremely weak scent (8 plus 2 that I had personalized with pictures as gifts)
          As well as weak scent, these candles had another very disturbing problem I have never seen. The top of the actual wax candle is bubble and looks terrible like diseased. If these bubbles/bumps were green instead of white-ish plus the color of the candle, they would look moldy. It’s disturbing and I would like to know what happened to them
          I should get these candles for a fraction of what I was charged. Thanks for reading,

Yankee CandleCandle soot

I bought a three candle set a Christmas as a gift to my son. Now he has black soot all over everything and of course he's been breathing it! I thought I was buying him nice candles. I have never had this happen with any other candles I've owned. These did not come with the illumilid and he trimmed the wicks and limited burning times as instructed. Now he may lose a deposit on an apartment because of the soot damage. Unacceptable!

Yankee CandleCandles

I have been burning Yankee Candles for more than 30 years. I have always loved the scents and how they fill my home with wonderful smells. My husband and I also own a furniture store, where we also use Yankee Candle jars. During the Christmas season, people have often remarked that our store "smells like Christmas."

Recently, I have noticed that the jar candles do not smell as they once did. I bought several Christmas candles, both for the store and for our home. We could barely smell them, and not a single person remarked about the scents in our store this year.

Being a business owner, I understand that costs rise so that you can can continue in business. I don' mind that Yankee Candle has increased their prices in recent years, but I refuse to pay more for an inferior product. I wasted a lot of money on two Bayberry candles that had little scent, and at least six other types of Christmas candles, that also had little or no scent. I'm not paying to burn wax!

Jan 11, 2020

Yankee Candle — Yankee candle home inspiration

I am very disappointed in this candle because it has no scent. It just smells like burning wax. I have ha...

Yankee CandleYankee candles

Yankee Candle sucks!
            Point blank.
            Tired of doing endless returns.
            Shame on me for being a sucker and continuing to buy them even at 10.00 a large jar. You keep having sales yo entice consumers in to get home and light the candles to find no scent being diffused.
            Its useless no more unscented candles gor me.
            You are either using less oil or a cheaper oil .
            So many people are complain ing. I see why you are closing stores. Such a shame ad one csndle was able to smell up my entire apt.
            Now with a candle in each room one smells NOTHING!!
            I will stick to white barn/bath and body works soy candles... Their candles are awesome.

Dec 17, 2019

Yankee Candle — Open time 11:00

On December 15th 2019 I went to 90 Pleasant Valley the loop in Methuen Massachusetts to the Yankee Candle...

Yankee CandleFailure to process order or answer phone

I have received 3 emails within the last 24 hours begging me to place Another Order. BUT they still havent shipped the order I placed 8 days ago.
              Additionally, I have been on hold for 1 hour and 15 mins waiting to ask if they are even going to ship that order. I'm sick of their recording!

I like the quote I saw under their logo
              "Doing nothing would be this company's favorite pastime, if they had the energy for it." as it sure sounds like their response to my order!

Yankee CandleYankee candle car jar

I purchased a North Pole scented car jar and it's not working. It's not putting off any smell into my car. I'm very disappointed because I love Yankee candle and the scents. I was so excited when I opened the package and i was upset to come out to my car more than 24 hours later and it has no smell. It is very unlikely for me purchase another car jar. Maybe it was the scent I picked but I'm very disappointed.

Yankee CandleYankee candle air fresheners

I paid $6.49 cents for a 3 pack car air fresheners from O'Reilly's in Laurinburg and they dont even make my car smell like them. They dont even have no strong smell coming from them like they normally do.. I am not truly satisfied with them at all.. I think I overpaid for yankee candle fresheners that dont even make my car smell good. $6.49 is alot of money for a 3 pack freshener that dont even work like it should.

Yankee CandleThere product caused damages to my home

I have a damage claim with them since Jan 5. It's September 26 now.
                    They won't contact me back I sent about 500 emails and no one will get back to me at all I'm very upset. I need them to take responsibility for there product.
                    I have sent them all the information they asked for and then they stopped emailing me. The person who started the claim was Jess Myers. I don't believe she/he forgot about what happened but maybe just trying to ignore me. But I won't stop emailing them until I get the help I deserve

Yankee Candle and Tea Lightyankee candle

Yankee candle holder and tea light - I have had many Yankee candles and tea lights for many years and never have I experienced a traumatic instance as I did recently.
                      My mother and I sat down one early evening in June this year burning a
                      candle tea light and holder on our breakfast bar in the kitchen. After about an hour I could smell burning only too find that her breakfast bar in the kitchen was on fire with massive flames burning from where the candle must have sparked and set the breakfast bar a light. This caused major damage to my mother's kitchen costing in excess of £3000 to repair and replace with smoke damage and a very burnt breakfast bar which will have to all be replaced due to not being able to match the existing worktops. My mother has never claimed on her insurance in all her years of being insured.
                      She has been very shaken and anxious since this incident and at 82 is very upset with the overall experience and now having to pay an increased annual premium due to this incident.
                      I wanted to bring this to your attention as if I was not with my mother that evening who knows what might have happened and the consequences suffered.
                      I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.

Yankee Candle14.5 ounce candle one wick jar

I have used a lot of Yankie candles over the years, all different size candle jars, votives etc. I have always had awesome clean scents without any problems. On this particular occasion I had only used the jar once, lit it and burned it for an hour or so, then a few days later I put the jar on my coffee table. Today my 4 year old grand daughter, who loves to smell all my candle scents, picked up the jar and when she took the lid off to smell, it shattered into her hands, the entire top of the jar had pieces of chards all over her little hands. Both my husband and I were there to witness this. Thankfully we are both nurses as we calmly took the candle and immediately ran an assessment on her hands, tummy, arms, feet and face. I am furious at most and would like a phone call or someone I can contact to talk about this. I am now out a $20 candle and my grand daughter is afraid to smell candles. Fortunately after the glass broke we acted quickly to make sure she was not injured being trained medical professionals, we cleaned her up and cleansed her well. There was broken glass everywhere. Any clue why a brand new candle would do this? I would appreciate another candle or 2 to replace this one.
                        DeAnn K. Knight
                        11760 SW 24th Ter
                        Yukon, Ok. 73099
                        [protected]@msn.com

Yankee Candleyankee candle scents for your car

Regarding the charming scents for your car
                          I have bought the charm holder and it came with the one scent it had no fragrance I was very disappointed because I thought I would at least get some fragrance for the money I spent buying the whole kit. I thought that maybe that one was wore out so I bought a 2 pack of refills and still the same thing no fragrance the charm is really cute but what good is it with no smell.

Yankee Candlecar jar ultimate

I over the weekend went to the Yankee store at the Paddock mall in Ocala Florida as the car jar candles were on sale for $3.00 each. I purchased 4 of them, after getting home I put one in my car, No smell at all I also open yet another one and again there was absoliuly no smell. Perhaps they were old and perhaps that is why they were on sale?
                            I usually am not a complainer but times in the past the same thing but did not say anything.
                            I love love yankee candles they are all I usually buy as they are the best. Just a bit disapointed on the jar ones.

May I take them back to the store oven though I have opend 2 and the other 2 are still in the wrapper?
                            I would rather get some fresh ones.
                            Thank you for listning, Have a wonderful day. :)

Jan 19, 2019

Yankee Candle — No scent from 23 candles I bought from yankee candle website

Bought these online. Cold scent is alright but after being lit, it's just hot wax burning. 23 are dud...

Jan 17, 2019

Yankee Candle — yankee large candle soot damaged room

Yankee candle soot I brought this large candle bubbly pomegranate candle but the first time are used it...

Jan 04, 2019

Yankee Candle — yankee candle small square holiday pomegranate

I have been a long time yankee candle customer over my lifetime and i have always been very happy with the...

Yankee Candleunable to get off email list

I have clicked unsubscribe, called twice, and sent more emails than I can count to be removed from the yc emails. I have been told 'your email address has been added to the suppression list' and 'it can take a few days for emails to stop', but this has been going on over 3 weeks. They supposedly sent this to their technical department to figure out the problem, yet I still get their emails. I am addressing my emails to mary w., laura k., debra d., deb s, and keep getting the same canned responses.

I have also returned a rather large purchase due to this hassle. I will no longer purchase from yc, or give my friends and family anything from this company.

Pissedconsumer also has this complaint and yc is aware of it since I sent them the complaint email. Yet they are not resolving the issue. Incompetent, horrible company.