Having problems with Pier 1 Imports?

1800 245 4595 (United States)
+1 817 252 6300 (United States)
9421 Katy Fwy
Sat8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Campaign desk

Received the desk damaged and couldn't contact anyone at pier 1 ... tried for days! I even sent an email and never received a reply. ( sent it numerous times) stayed on phone for almost an hour only to be told they are not OPENED! What are you suppose to do when you pay for it and its damaged? Tried going to store and they brushed me off and said "it's not their problem "!

Campaign desk

Outdoor bradley 4 piece dining set

I ordered the outdoor Bradley 4 piece dining set online, order #W1512306305. After 2 days, I received an email stating items in my order were cancelled and to call customer service if I had questions regarding cancellation. I called [protected]. The automated answering service said hold times were approximately 20 min. After being on hold 3 hours (see pic) I had to hang up. Pier 1 was my favorite store, I will never shop there again and want my money back for the table and swingasan chair I purchased last week, order #W1512244677. Three hours on hold is unacceptable, Especially when I spent $1, 200.

Outdoor bradley 4 piece dining set

Damaged and missing goods

I placed an order on 04/02/2020, it arrived 04/14/2020. W1512175189. I have made many attempts including...

[Resolved] my order and customer service

I placed an order because Rakuten sent me an email about 10% cash back at Pier 1. I placed the order then the store called to say they were floor model items and said I can order them new online. They also said I would get my coupon code and member rewards back. I did get my rewards but not the coupon code, so I called customer service for assistance. They would not give me a code and said they had to place the order for me, I realized while on the phone that I wasn't getting my Rakuten cash back and said to cancel it. The CS rep said she couldn't help me and I had to ask for a supervisor. The lead, Melissa, was no help either. She said it was too late the order was already placed and that the loss of my Rakuten cash back was not her issue. I only ordered because of Rakuten. Pier 1 just lost a long time customer and card holder. I will be returning the $500 order to the store as soon as it is received.

RESOLVED

I am happy to say that I received a call from Stephanie at Pier 1 and she was able to resolve the issue I had. She offered to give me a 10% discount on my order to make up for the 10% lost previously. She also said she will follow up on the issue I had with Melissa, the lead customer service representative. Melissa’s lack of concern and disregard for me was the main reason for my complaint and was willing to write off Pier 1 and not shop there again. Customer service is still very important, even in an online shopping environment. I am happy with the resolution. Thank you, Stephanie, for your quick response.

credit payment

I opened a new credit account July 11, 2019. I sent my payment in late because they did not send a bill until...

unfair treatment of employees

My wife works at this specific pier 1 store. She has worked there for over a year now. Her as well as other...

canceling an order

I ordered 5 items and my husband and I decided to cancel. I checked my acct and there was no shipping...

credit card application

I applied online for a Pier 1 credit cart to complete an order for draperies. I was informed online that a...

purchased the avanti coffee table

My wife Ordered online the Avanti Blue wing chair. She was told it wasn't available but would be able to pick up in Delmar in a few days To my dismay the chair we had ordered was sat on the floor with two kids standing on it The Avante once we got it home has marks and scratches all down one side
I own a business I am a professional this would never happen
I doubt very much to hear from this company I will however place much information within the Internet understanding my business is an Internet surfing company
To finish it off the employee health paying could not care less
Staff 0% customer satisfaction 0% if you do want to contact [protected] is my cell or just look up M20 San Diego you'll find me

• Updated by Yogi-masta · Oct 14, 2018

Impossible to send

management!!

I went into your store on Friday 4/27/2018 around 5;30 as I frequently do to purchase a few items. As I...

dining set

I order a gray round dinning table from store in Flushing NY. It was a set with 4 gray chairs but when they...

they are highly unprofessional

I found a lovely chair on Pier 1 Imports website and ordered it. It was a birthday gift for my grandmother and I was very excited about my purchase.
It was a bit way too expensive but since it was a present for a dear family member I was ok wit the price.
One week later they contacted me and said that there was a mistake on their website and that my chair was not in stock. They offered me a refund and I agreed. I'm writing this to warn others about Pier 1 Imports! They are highly unprofessional and I would not recommend such a company to anyone.

my seats looked terrible after only couple of weeks

I bought two lounge seats from the company Pier 1 Imports Inc couple of weeks ago. I was shocked that the company sold me terrible quality seats. The seats looked like they were 10 years old and looked completely worn and wanted to change them. I sent the pics to the seller and told that I don’t have a lot of people or kids, so no one could destroy these seats so badly. So, it was terrible quality. The seller still hasn’t replied to my complaints. Don’t buy – bad quality.

store staff

I have been shopping at Pier 1 for over 15 years, and I can't believe how much it has changed... and not for...

online

First they cancelled an order without notifying me. Then their delivery service did not show up or call on the day of the scheduled delivery. They have terrible communications with customers — I have had to contact them repeatedly to find out the status my order, and even when they promise to look into a problem (such as the missed delivery) and get back to me, they don't. 4 weeks (and counting) to get an order delivered. Merchandise in the store is fine, but ordering online has been a very frustrating and time-consuming experience.

Mary Alice Hammett Mar 25, 2016

Online ordering has not improved!!! Customer service is AWEFUL! I guess Pier One does not need sales. I have been shopping her for years. I ordered a headboard and received confirmation. After calling the store several times, finally the store manager informs me that my order was canceled. She basically told me that I should have gotten an email informing me that my order was canceled and it was not her problem. Called customer service and they stated that the warehouse should have notified me and oh well. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE and expect to get any type of customer service.

lack of staff

I am an employ at this store and the stock room is under staff all the time. 1 or 2 stock personnel is not...

defective item

Pier 1 in Bolingbrook is having a moving sale which everygthing was 60%. I puchased throw from them and it...

fraud alert

I shopped in the Pier 1 in Victoria today for a few items including beaded boxes as stocking stuffers for my grandchildren. They were 25% off for this week but on leaving the store I realised that I hadn't been given the discount. You could not see the items being purchased on the computer screen so didn't notice at the time. I went back in to then join a line-up of about 5 people. 2 people were on the tills but both had insumountable problems it seemed. I waited between l5-20 mins to finally get up to the till. I explained what had happened, the girl rather glowered at me then went and checked the prices only to find that I was correct. She then proceeded to try and change the receipt with the help of a very grumpy store manager (I think she was the manager). Finally I got my refund and the paper work was handed back to me without a word of apology whatsoever. I can understand how the mistake was made but it could have been handled nicely with a "oh my goodness, I'm so sorry" instead of the grouchy attitude I encountered. I won't be going back there again.

• Sh
    shalupa May 17, 2011

I was very dissapointed w/hampton va. Im in the process of redecorating my home. I went into the store and was look down upon, to me I was not up to their standars of a customer! But thank you! I found a store that empolees were eagar to help and boy did their store make out. Employees need to remember: don't judge a book by its cover! Hampton lost out on a Very larg purchase because they wouldn't give me the time of day!

stay away

My complaint is terrible line up service! also should have more cashiers on at this time of year. only 2 were going in prime time! And there was 2 other cashier spots. not even a bagger! and she sis not even tissue paper some of the items which should have bin wrapped up for protection!

• J0
    j0hnny_dvs Sep 27, 2011

OMG! You gotta be kidding me right? Get a grip woman. You sound like a spoiled princess brat.

got taken

I returned some merch and had a credit of about 50.00. I then bought something else and wanted them to use that credit. I received a bill for that purchase which meant they never gave me the credit. I payed the bill and then bought something else and told them once again to use that credit. I then again received a bill for that purchase which meant they once again did not give me the credit that's owed to me. I went to that store will the bill and they said they could not do anything about it. They gave me Capital Ones phone number and told me that I would have to contact them because they take care of all the billing. Every time I called that number I got a recording that had nothing to do with me wanting to talk to someone about Pier Ones bill. I proceeded to go directly to Capital Ones bank but they also could not do anything to help me.in the meantime I ended up with a late fee of $25.00 for not paying on my $50.00 purchase. I will never shop at Pier One again. The customer service sucks. I feel like Pier One should have done something to help me. I still have a $50.00 credit there but I'm afraid to use it as I'll probably get ripped off again.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices