Yahoo! Small Business Services / caution everyone! arrogant and unresponsive company!

It is after several weeks of incessant e-mails and long distance phone calls to Yahoo! Offices in U.S. from Australia that I finally decided to write to you. I have been a small business customer of Yahoo! And I own and operate my web domain through the company. My company domain is www.gameplanconsultants.net.

A few weeks, my Yahoo account was deactivated. I have made at least fifteen calls to the U.S. at different Yahoo! numbers but no one can tell me why the account has been deactivated. Instead, I get a form reply directing me to the Yahoo! Website indicating the terms of service. A couple of Yahoo! people that I managed to get hold of told me that the deactivation “may” be initiated by the Billing Department, but no one is available to talk to me in the Billing Department. My Yahoo! Bills were automatically charged to my VISA account, and there has never been a problem with paying Yahoo!

I have my business mail through the Yahoo! account but have been unable to access it for several weeks. The company has my address book with all my important business contacts as well as all my business correspondence. In a complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley, I had requested that the company at least send me a file containing my address book and e-mails, and I would happily move to another web hosting site. I have not done anything whatsoever to violate the terms and conditions of my contract with Yahoo! The company is arrogant and unresponsive, and a thief. What they have done is analogous to a landlord evicting you without any notice and confiscating your property despite your paying all the rent on time and abiding by the terms of the rental agreement. I would strongly caution everyone against doing business with this company, or even to use any of their free services. You never know when they will shut you down. The damage caused to my business by Yahoo! easily runs into thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, being so far from Silicon Valley, I cannot sue the company yet. The rest, please beware.

• Right to choose for myself's Response, Sep 07, 2018

That you on a consistent basis locate every and any opinion, show, article, word spoken against the president.

Your bias is contemptable and you should be embarrassed as well as put out of business over it.

You embarrass yourselves and the country for trying to shovel crap to us daily versus unbiased information.
    Therefore you negate everything you post looking more like a grocery store tabloid every day and have brought dishonor to your industry.

Su

Comments

• Ri
      17th of Nov, 2008

I agree with the above complaint. Yahoo Small Business is known for fradulant business practices. Consumers are becoming aware of Yahoo's business practices and turning away to other competitors. Once lost, Yahoo will never get the customers back due to loss of faith and trust in them.

• En
      29th of Nov, 2008

The same thing is happening to me. I own a school in madrid and since I am american for me it seemed natural to use yahoo, it's what I knew to be "reliable". I signed up my school and created a great site which I got alot of compliments from.

A year later yahoo shuts my account down because of a late payment and tells me that I have to contact a company called 'melbourne it' all the way in australia!

I said if yahoo is american why do I have to contact australia? well, it turned out that melbourne it is yahoo's domain assistance. they hold all domains.

So after a year of contacting melbourne who didn't respond that quickly as well but apologised for the catastrophe. I contacted yahoo. I asked them why am I still paying for a site that my students can't see? this site is used for parental information, videos of students progress, updates of all sorts and important information about who we are.

I then told yahoo, "look, there are business investors looking at my site this week, please put it up, please! the company who possibly would have became partners with our school supporting and helping us grow worldwide is worth 6 billion dollars. yahoo did not put the site up.

I wrote them and asked them would they loose that much? still no answer.

so I could not give my schools website to this billion dollar company/possible partner.

I said"yahoo why would you make me loose so many opportunities?"they did not answer.

and still have not.

if you are reading this go to homestead. if your business is important to you and you are with yahoo, you will have problems!

they say that they answer back in 24 hours but most times they never do. most times. if you really need someting important like millions yahoo will royally screw you up the you know what. I know that being with them right now is hurting my future.

I told them they should sell off to microsoft because they are impotent and can't get their jobs done, I mean there are astronauts going into space and they can't answer their customers emails.

I can tell you that homestead does answer and that yahoo was also too arrogant with the possible buy out from microsoft.

I sat in my office watching the whole thing thinking, do they realise that microsoft actually serves and listens to customers? they should be cut down and taken to court and sell out the company cause it's just not the same yahoo we all used to know, sadly. at the end it is really about serving your customers better and they can't do that. even on cnn there was a host asking yahoo, how customers could get help and they said"you can go read our faq"!!! hahahhahhahha.

My best bet to anyone is to write the fbi's internet crime department, sometimes these corporate comglomarates like yahoo will screw your money and your future (remind you of bush?) and they won't even care. the next thing I would advise you to do is to contact the bbb as soon as possible, like the man mentioned before yahoo is very arrogant and runs away from the problem. my guess is they delete all problematic emails.

I am just happy that there are genuinely customer caring companies like homestead, I have several sites that are more beautiful with them and always work! thank god something is going right.

• Dd
      11th of Dec, 2009

I would like to start a class action law suit against this Business practice. The same thing has happen to me. Atleast yahoo should give you 30 days to move your files to another hosting company. Please send me an email at ddmcneill@yahoo.com so we can get enough support and names to fight this unfair practice by yahoo. If you can pass this information on to other sites and blogs maybe we can change this practice. All I want is to retrieve what is rightfull what belong to you.

Yahoo! - Yahoo political bias

Please be fair and research your political views before posting lies. You are draining and creating false hate from the un-educated. Please send this to your management. Really sucks that you manipulate the weak minded!

• Al
    Yahoo! - Spam and blocking users
    Romania

When i block users cause they send me spam, the next day i still get messages from them so the blocking function doesnt work.Make Yahoo mail better please.

• Ul
    Yahoo! - Heb xsunx and many other stock

Why does Yahoo support shorts to illegally manipulate stockprices and destroy good companies in that proces...
    Why do you support naked shorts and malicious hedgies.
    Why do you allow to post outrageous lies about clear scientific research.

Yahoo! - Yahoo mail
    Barauni(Bihar)
    India

You do not send a verification code to verify my mobile number.

• Da
    Yahoo Mail - Mail
    Hyderabad
    Pakistan
    Yahoomail.com

My email adress danishsiddiqui_pk@yahoo.com is not working properly my old saved emails are not opening and saying some error kindly help me out its a big problem for me

Yahoo! - Yahoo message board
    Santa Clara
    California
    coherent.com

Someone is posting insider information about our company Coherent, Inc. on Yahoo messenger Board. See attachment. This is illegal activity that can affect our company's reputation and financial reporting and we need to find out who is doing this so we can take appropriate action. IMMEDIATELY

• Ka
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Yahoo! - my yahoo mail is induchris@yahoo.ca
    hyderabad
    India

messages are getting deleted in front of me and i can.t do any thing
    all msgs up to 2017 were deleted
    i request you to restore my messsages from last ten days to my inbox

dk rao
    8897190837

• Ga
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Yahoo! - my identity was stolen
    Tanah Merah, Kelantan
    Malaysia

20th June 2018 my indentity was stolen by someone using email add: gen5668@yahoo.com for cheating another peaple to solve money problem. Please stop and close this email account . I made police reports and met CMCM ofiicer regarding this case. I want to explain that if who received the email like this pls ignored it. tq

Yahoo! - Rocketmail
    Dublin
    Ireland

Why has my rocketmail suddenly stopped working

• Da
    Yahoo! - mypopcornmachine.com
    mypopcornmachine.com

Placed an order for $124.45 over 3 weeks go. No ship date, no confirmation number, no replies to emails and the phone number rings once and disconnects. As far as I'm concerned this is fraudulent business practice and they should not be allowed to be part of Yahoo Live Stores. I will be contacting the better business bureau.

• Ka
    Yahoo! - Blockage of the email address of NGO by Yahoo
    Algeria

We are NGO, we put the creation date of our NGO as date of birth when we created our account which is under the legal age (16), what we can do to reactivate our email?

sun.environment@yahoo.fr

Yahoo! - My yahoo mail not updating
    Lusaka
    Zambia

My yahoo mail is not updating on my iPhone 5, I've not experienced this since I started using this phone in 2013. I am only able to access mail dated April 2018 and before

• Ra
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Yahoo! - I have email as ramhazur109@yahoo.com and I have not been able to upgrade my new mobile phone
    Adelaide
    South Australia
    Australia

My old phone got stolen and new number is 0434237944 (i.e. Apple). I tried many ways troubleshooting and since using Apple I have not been able to access my email with important messages.

Please send me details at ramhazur@gmail.com

• Jh
    Yahoo! - Alternative email need to delete
    Cebu city
    Philippines

Hi, i have problem with my yahoo, this is my yahoomail kenbruno@yahoo.com and deleted my alternative email which is the adea.aaron@gmail.com..but when i tried to retrieve my yahoomail the "adea.aaron@gmail.com" still exist as my alternative email and i need to delete that adea.aaron@gmail.com as retrieving mail..plss help thanks in advance..

• Jm
    Yahoo! - Nonstop emails

Sender is Raven@whitefide.com.
    I have unsubscribed I can tell you how many times.
    I have also blocked them in my settings but they just keep coming.
    How the heck can I stop them?
    It is totally out of control. Many days they send up to 18...

• De
    Yahoo - Message Boards

A Boston teams fan who likes to post on my teams' message boards (and, only my teams, I don't troll other boards). The Red Sox boards are being overrun by Yankees trolls, who create fake accounts, and actual fans posts (including mine) are being continuously deleted, while troll posts remain.

• Ay
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Yahoo! - Yahoo mail
    Nigeria

I cannot log into my account because you have refused to text me an account key. I haven't been able to log into may account for almost a month or so now. Account is funke_o2005@yahoo.com.