Yahoo! Small Business / charge my card after cancellation, refused to refund

Yahoo! Small Business
smallbusiness.yahoo.com

As the owner of the web domain www.knowmyproduct.com http://www.knowmyproduct.com I was very disappointed when after calling Yahoo to cancel this name registration they ran my credit card four months later for another year. When I called to speak with them they were so nice they canceled my service right away. BUT THEY REFUSED TO REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY. So I asked the girl to speak with a supervisor and she hung up on me. The reason I used a service like Yahoo was that their brand recognition meant something to me. It meant that I could trust them. I could not have been more wrong. Instead of knowing my product I guess I should know my hosting companies reputation. Check it out and you will find it is not so great. I would not do business with Yahoo again!

Va

Comments

Ma
  24th of Jul, 2007
Yahoo! Small Business - Lack of professionalism

It takes 3 days to get a technical problem resolved and I had to subscribe to another service in order to keep from losing incoming emails. They then refused to reimburse me for the cost of the new service. This lack of professionalism cost them, I took my email and new website business SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Jo
  19th of Jan, 2008

Yes, that is why I switched from Yahoo Small Business to www.FastHostSolutions.com and never had a problem again. Finding a fair and affordable hosting company with all the features you need for business are important. You cant just trust the big companies such as Yahoo, you need to find the right solutions that can be trusted and I did!

Ah
  25th of Jul, 2008

yes they did the same for me, i had an account on small business, which had a domain, i moved the domain to godaddy.com and the account has nothing, but they renewed there service charging 34 $ for nothing, just like that, i called them, they closed the account but they refused to give me a refund, and the support guy hanged at me at last
this is yahoo!!!

Er
  27th of Feb, 2009

Same case with me.. I got the double billing $35.85 on Jan 07 2009 & Feb 22 2009. I can't cancel or change via Business Control Panel.. at the end process is: "Order Cancelled Sorry, we've experienced a problem with our network that has prevented us from completing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. For immediate assistance, please contact our sales team at 866-781-9246 (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. PST). Please click "Done" to return to Yahoo! Small Business." So.. I called many time to 866 858 8106, 866 781 9246, 866 800 8092, 800 318 0870 until my account can be canceled, but they refused to give me a refund. OMG.. What the hell is this??

10th of Mar, 2009

I have never had a customer find me with a Yahoo Search. I am on page eight if you do a search with Yahoo. On Google I am listed on the first page! I have been using Yahoo Small Business for six months and they have been billing me every three months. I want to dump Yahoo because of their exclusion of me in searches, but how do I change services without loosing my site ? American Express will take care of their billing practices.

Ki
  15th of Mar, 2009

Yahoo just charged me $111.94 ! I signed up for website hosting and thought I would be paying 8 or 9 bucks a month for 12 months. I looked at the site designs and really just changed my mind. I cancelled after about 10 minutes or so. I never created the site nor do I even have access to a site. But they chraged my debit card $111.94. I tried to contact them but can not get help! I am so upset. I am out of work, babysitting to buy the basics and just do not have the money. I feel so cheated!

Ha
  4th of Aug, 2010

I just have the same horrible experience with Yahoo. I cancelled my domain name registration a year ago in 2009, but in 2010 my card is charged again for nearly $40. I called and called and called, and finally the sweet guy told me he cannot refund any money, though yes, the service is cancelled. WTF???
It is Yahoo fraud, and I totally hate doing the business with them. I am committed taking this claim to small claim court and have them pay this charge.

Fy
  10th of Apr, 2017

@hateYahoo I have gone through this every year with Yahoo. They say it is cancelled but bill every year. I have transfered everything over to Go Daddy back in 2014 and I am still being charged by Yahoo. I would like to get a class action law suit going. I have heard of to many people they keep doing this to.

Sh
  4th of Sep, 2010

Yahoo! is one of the best service provider in the global. I would like to do business only with Yahoo! India, Yahoo! is great service provider.

Sc
  12th of Sep, 2010

Yahoo small business is a scam. I dont even know how I got set up for it. I called to cancel and they cancelled but charged me for the next year, which I dont even have the next year service. I also asked for a Supervisor and never had a return call.

I turned them over to the fraud department of my bank. My bank contacted them and then I got a call from a Supervisor. Although a supervisor called me 3 weeks later, he refused to credit my account. My bank credited my account the charge and advised me to cancel my credit card and they issued me a new one. My bank continues to pursue how they could charge me for a service I no longer have.

Report them to your bank and they will investigate it for you. YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS IS A SCAM!

10th of Jan, 2011

I cannot believe that Yahoo did the same thing to me. After transferring my account to GoDaddy, using the Yahoo small business hosting site, they also charged my account for another year. Nowhere on their site, does it say anything about contacting them to cancell. Anyone would assume that transferring the site is the same as cancelling it, but not in the YAHOO world. I can only wish for their demise as they continue to lose market share.

When I spoke to someone at Yahoo, they told me that the cancel clause was in the original terms and conditions from 5 years ago, when I first signed up.

5 Years ago. Who in hell remembers the small print from 5 years ago. What a joke this company has become. They deserve all the bad publicity they get.

Tw
  21st of Mar, 2011

I had the same experience today. I cancelled my plan two months ago and was still charged. I called and after asking to speak with a supervisor, was told by the that they could give me a partial refund. I asked again to speak with the supervisor and the rep told me that he would not let me speak to a supervisor "and that's the end of that." I laughed at him and let him know that this was just the beginning. I'm a marketing consultant and usually advise my clients to purchase their domains through Yahoo. I will never do that again. The rep also told me that I was costing them money by calling. That's laughable - like they did me a favor by accepting my business. I thought they were a better company (in terms of service). Glad I had this experience so I can spread the word about their lousy customer service.

27th of Jun, 2011

Yahoo small business/hosting service registrar is a real scam. Where can I go to complain? I cancelled my site before expire date when I have transferred my domain to a better, more reasonable priced registrar (GoDaddy) and after a while when I have checked my credit card statement I have noticed that Yahoo Small Business has charged for my domain hosting again for the next year. The amount charged was $41.05 on 26 March. 2011.
I could not even contact them with complains as Yahoo has removed email contact links re: servicing or complains. What a scam!!! Do not do any business with this company.
Robert
my email: babok45@gmail.com
PS.
the domain transfer initialized on 23 March, 2011 :
immaculator.com

Ig
  9th of Sep, 2011

They did the same with me today in India. They promises me to refund. My fingers crossed. We all chant for the Yahoo's demise. Nonsense Company.

Lg
  14th of Oct, 2011

I just had the same thing happen to me. I canceled the account 6 weeks ago and yet my card was charged. I called customer service and they canceled the account but would not reimburse me for the charges. I have since filed a claim with the bank for reimbursement. Never ever again will I use yahoo for anything. I also needed to cancel my card so that there is no chance in hell that they ever charge me again.

12th of Nov, 2011

I just cancelled my services. No refund of course, even though I cancelled due to these poor customer service, to put it mildly. The good thing is that there is an invalid card on file so there is nothing to charge. What a nightmare experience. They seem to have things rigged so it is impossible to transfer your domain. Their code listed on the domain panel is not configured correctly. Their proxy server for private account, myprivacy, refuses to respond to my questioning why they are not initiating the domain transfer. Yahoo customer service gives vague answers and ignores bigger problems. Do not use Yahoo Small Business. There are better domain hosters and web servers. Yahoo does not care about you. I have an even worst story to post and hope to get this up soon.

Sa
  17th of Dec, 2011

yes yahoo entangles you
and you cannot come out

that is very very bad
they dont allow any option to come out
they continue billing you

sangeet gupta, india
www.erpsoftwares.in ( my old site, that i want to close )

Gr
  30th of Dec, 2011

This seems to be a common Yahoo problem, and I just had the same experience. Cancelled two sites, and one keeps showing up for renewal. They just now cancelled it, but of course said it was open, so they could not reimburse me for about $10 for that time. The website was transferred, not used at Yahoo, they see that it was transferred, but won't refund the additional $10. I moved because the service was not good, did not support WordPress, and was expensive. Never, ever use Yahoo small business services.

Ja
  7th of Dec, 2013

I hate yahoo small business.

I was charged 145 dollars after being charged for months for the amount lower than 20 dollars. I have called yahoo small business multiple times. On hold for 30 minutes - then 45 minutes - then currently and still counting on hold for an hour and 25 minutes. They have by far the worst customer service and the worse service in general. They should be removed from being aloud to offer any type of service - even their sh*tty search.

Br
  11th of Dec, 2013

I had the exact same experience as everyone else. It's very hard to get hold of a person to talk to, the hold is usually over 45 minutes. When communicating through emails, it's always "we will call you back", but it _never_ happened. Most of the support staff are probably from a different country. They charge no matter what and you will never get a refund.

I have to say their customer service is the among the worst. Years ago I had the same bad experience with D-Link customer service (rude, hanging up on me) and never bought any D-Link products since, I don't think I will buy anything from Yahoo again.

Zp
  7th of Mar, 2014

I was at https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/ to sign up for a new domain name and webhosting but I had some very critical questions to ask and on the page was a phone number for sales 1-866-781-9246 I called that and was on hold for an hour, I listened to the same musical tune over and over again with a recording verifying that it was yahoo. I realized that if sales isn't even available it tells me a lot about perhaps a non existent customer service. I expected more, much more from a company like Yahoo. I then searched elsewhere and found another yahoo phone number 1-408-349-3300 to tell somebody that there is something wrong with the other phone number, that it just goes off to an un-manned call center. But the second number I called had no operator and the recording suggested that I call another number. so I called the third number and the recording at that number said things that made absolutely no sense at all and I was flabbergasted so I just hung up. What a loser company.