Xoom / Xoom suck!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I used XOOm to send money to my family in Vietnam and it took 13 days for the transaction!!! I asked, asked, and asked the customer service what happened and their responses DID NOT ANSWER my question. There was a mistake on the recipient telephone number but I corrected immediately and XOOM confirmed to update it. However, this update never happened because when they sent me the final report for this transaction after 13 days, the telephone number is the wrong one. I got a lesson from this lousy service. You should never use it.

Ti

Comments

27th of May, 2008

XOOM is sucks... The first time I send money to Philippines it takes only 1- 2 days, this time it took like forever...and there's nothing wrong with the account or anything.. They're just SUCKS..

• Em
      10th of Aug, 2008

XOOM.com really suck don't use this for sending money. took 2 weeks XOOM.com sucks rip off.

20th of Aug, 2008

i have used xoom money in minutes, what a joke!! After i linked my bank account they did not indicate it would take 4 days to veryify my account so i sent money to my wife in the philippines, Behold now it said 4-6 business days to veryify my account, Wow i look at my online banking and there they took the money out of my account, So i called there WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE and Cancelled my Transaction, now i am being told to wait 2 weeks before i can get my money back. I would suggest no one use this Crappy service and horrible policies that are to take your money and give you a heard time to get it back, Please people alot better alternatives, i now use Moneygram at walmart.
    Thanks

• Me
      19th of Nov, 2008

Let me post here my husband's complain with xoom:

Dear Sir or Madam,

No one has ever told me why your Customer Verification Team cancelled this transaction. Plus these idiots never had the courtesy to let me or Mercy know about the cancellation!!! :( Finally you debited my account for $520.00. If U are not going to perform, please reverse the debit and credit my account.

PLEASE ADVISE IMMEDIATELY WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!

do not use xoom they are most likely demons coming from hell !!!

12th of Sep, 2009

yes i agree xoom is not safe! a relative sent me money and i wasn't able to claim it. according to xoom my relative cancelled the transaction which is not true. my relative never cancelled it xoom took our money!!! emailed xoom customer service again and they are not replying to anymore!!!

• Ug
      1st of Oct, 2009

October 1, 2009. This site smells bad! I tested it with a small transaction - $200 - and it was in S. America the next day. Looked good, so I sent two more serious transactions - $1, 000 - and WHAMO!!, waited and waited. My business associates in S. America got restless and concerned. I called XOOM many times - interminable wait times, to be ultimately connected to barely English- speaking people who only recited a prepared statement (they all said exactly the same thing). Anyway, seven days, eight days, nine days - no money (their "guarantee" is no more than seven). Called my bank and Xoom had withdrawn the funds the same day I submitted the transaction. Obvious considerations are that they invest the money for a week; or, they wait for the exchange rate to improve, or who knows what else. I asked, multiple times to speak to a Supervisor, but was always told that they were "in a conference", and I would have to call back, later. I called back later...same story. I am going to the Better Business Bureau, and plan to contact the Federal Reserve about these people, as well. I am a product liability attorney. Beware.

FedUp

• Fl
      16th of Mar, 2013

I tried to send $ 50, - to the Philippines, set up an account with them and used my debit card. the transaction went trough and after 10 seconds I received a cancellation notice. When I called them up to find out what the problem was they transferred me to their "security department" - they asked me stupid questions like the name of my brother (I don't have a brother) and other stuff that didn't make sense. I was not able to find out what the problem was and ended up to use Moneygram without any problems. (for security reasons they send their customers to the competition...). This company is a joke.

• Sr
      16th of Mar, 2014

Xoom sucks... they promissed 4 hrs delivery to india... it never happened... i called them after two days and they said they will start processing it after 4 days... I cancelled the transaction and waited 10 days to get my money back... XOOM REALLY SUCKS...

• Cu
      29th of May, 2015

i agree
    they took my funds then used a internet search of me to try to verify, this was not what they said in the start . they invaded my privacy with a online rape of my property owned, relatives, places i have lived, people i know on face book, wanted to know what the money was for, who i was with . it was a rape of my life . then after then customer service rep than i could not understand was done giving me 8 questions with multi pal answers i could not understand she said i was timed out . and needed to fax her my ID .

i had to contact the bank to get charges reversed