XM radio / Harassing Phone Calls

Washington DC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-967-4672

In late August, I was sent a letter in the mail that let me know my credit card had been declined during the renewal process.

I called to verify that they had the right information and they listed the last 4 digits of the card - but did not confirm the date.

It did not bill, so I called back. This time, we confirmed the date, but, I didn't want to risk a double-billing, so told them to wait and I went ahead and paid the due amount online. They agreed not to charge me.

At this point I began receiving automated phone calls once a day (Sept. 3, 2008) asking me to call them back to prevent a service interruption.

I did and informed them I had already paid. While I was waiting to get through, I noticed that my card had gone through on the automated system as well, even though I had told them previously that I wanted to pay online.

Now I was speaking with someone and had two requests... stop calling and refund one of my payments. I was told they would.

When I continued to receive phone calls, I got frustrated and asked for them to cancel my service. Rather than listening to me, the operator (who was obviously overseas), told me that he was going to discount my service to $5 each month. I begrudgingly agreed - if only they would stop the automated phone calls.

Several days went by and STILL - the calls kept coming. I finally decided to call the heaquarters in D.C. and after being first redirected (automatically) to the overseas center, I hung up called back and dialed the operator to demand a stateside location.

I was put through to Malora who refunded the remainder of the $5 discount and supposedly took me off the call lists. After doing this, she took a long pause and I asked about the cancellation and refund of the second payment because of the harassment. She quickly said, "Oh yeah, we'll do that... call back if you still get calls."

Two days went by and I was still getting calls, so I called her back and she told me to wait a couple more days for the system to clear out my data.

Roiled - but helpless - I agreed. Still, more calls came. I'm now waiting to hear back from Darryl Peete, her supervisor, who tells me that he is going to get confirmation on whether my name is still in the system.

In all, this process has gone on for about three weeks. He offered me 3 free months of service, but I refuse to deal with a company (as I told him) who can not control their own computer systems.
Ha

Comments

Ha
  18th of Sep, 2008
I did receive a phone call back and was informed that it can take several weeks for the calls to stop because they have to "batch process" the names on their "do not call" lists.
Cr
  20th of Oct, 2010
Hello,
My name is Cindy and I was a customer with XM radio.
My renewal came up and after many attempts to go online to renew I called xm as the online account does not work.
I at this time spoke to a person telling me I could go online to update but still online does not work.
I call xm again and speak to Kathy who was very pleasant and very good a sales as I by this time no longer want the service as I am wasting to much time trying to get it. Kathy convinces me to stay as I do love the radio and charges my visa and we are good to go... so I think.
I continue to get a call EARLY in the morning and through out the days from a Dave and Brad 676-030 whom have harassed me to no end saying I haven't paid. They tell me to stop the harrasment I need to call another number get the person I speak to employee ID and then call them back with the information. Instead of them checking into their records to find out the correct account information.
I have called xm radio many times...
Kathy, convinced me to continue with the service and that I would have no more harassment. Silly me I didn't get anything but a charge to my Visa.
Katelynn, very sympathetic to my situation. I asked her to remove anything I have to do with XM so that maybe the harassment will stop. She assures me that she has closed my account, given me a credit back on my card and have put me on a do not call list. But the harassing calls continue I try not to answer them now as its become ridiculous.
Brad 676-030 calls at which I am at my breaking point and he tells me that he will continue to harass me.
I again call and get employee #0872, she tells she is a supervisor and again is very polite and sympathetic. She does not know how to make the harassment stop but said she will send a email to the Head Office. There is no phone number to the corporate office as I would love to talk to them.
So after all said and done... I no longer have xm radio which is a service I loved but because the company running it is so inadequate. I will be sure to warn anyone who is thinking about getting xm radio Canada the nightmare I have experienced. I have spent an unbelievable amount of hours on hold, been woken by harassing calls who don't believe that there must be an error on their part as my account it taken care of and actually now cancelled. I have been promised on every call that an manager would call me and discuss how I can make this stop. Never have I gotten a call.
Unbeilable that a company can act in this way. I would appreciate if some has any suggestions on how to make this nightmare end!!

Sirius XM Radio Logo Sirius XM Radio