In late August, I was sent a letter in the mail that let me know my credit card had been declined during the renewal process.
I called to verify that they had the right information and they listed the last 4 digits of the card - but did not confirm the date.
It did not bill, so I called back. This time, we confirmed the date, but, I didn't want to risk a double-billing, so told them to wait and I went ahead and paid the due amount online. They agreed not to charge me.
At this point I began receiving automated phone calls once a day (Sept. 3, 2008) asking me to call them back to prevent a service interruption.
I did and informed them I had already paid. While I was waiting to get through, I noticed that my card had gone through on the automated system as well, even though I had told them previously that I wanted to pay online.
Now I was speaking with someone and had two requests... stop calling and refund one of my payments. I was told they would.
When I continued to receive phone calls, I got frustrated and asked for them to cancel my service. Rather than listening to me, the operator (who was obviously overseas), told me that he was going to discount my service to $5 each month. I begrudgingly agreed - if only they would stop the automated phone calls.
Several days went by and STILL - the calls kept coming. I finally decided to call the heaquarters in D.C. and after being first redirected (automatically) to the overseas center, I hung up called back and dialed the operator to demand a stateside location.
I was put through to Malora who refunded the remainder of the $5 discount and supposedly took me off the call lists. After doing this, she took a long pause and I asked about the cancellation and refund of the second payment because of the harassment. She quickly said, "Oh yeah, we'll do that... call back if you still get calls."
Two days went by and I was still getting calls, so I called her back and she told me to wait a couple more days for the system to clear out my data.
Roiled - but helpless - I agreed. Still, more calls came. I'm now waiting to hear back from Darryl Peete, her supervisor, who tells me that he is going to get confirmation on whether my name is still in the system.
In all, this process has gone on for about three weeks. He offered me 3 free months of service, but I refuse to deal with a company (as I told him) who can not control their own computer systems.