XM radio / Extremely poor customer service

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

The reports of horrible customer service at XM are not an exaggeration. All I wanted to do is cancel ONE of my radios. After being put on queue for 45 minutes, I was finally able to cancel the radio. Here is the kicker: The lady tried to sell me a "replacement" radio, which I told her several times I did not need. Why would I call to cancel a radio just to get another? It then occurred to me that she was trying to sell me this to make more money for XM. Not only did the radio cost money (ok, not THAT much) I found out they get a commission for every account they sell. She then tried to sell me the "lifetime" plan which I never asked for. I mean, XM is trading at penny stock level and now you want me to buy $400 for a service that may not be here in a few years? XM will try their very best to sell you a POS radio and then charge you for it. I also believe that the call center is in Jamaica or somewhere outside the USA, but can not confirm that.

Comments

• Do
      15th of Feb, 2010

I sent in a complaint on 2/7/09 about having very bad intermittent reception and got a man in thew Philipines who spoke poor english did not address the problem at all and tried to sell me a radio. THe complaint was answered very nicely by a manager who called me back on 2/10/10. He apologized and said he thought the problem was cured but if not to call 1-877-224-8720. I asked him about the $15+ dollars refund I was supposed to get for cancelling two radios in two cars I had disposed of on 12-27-09(the contract ran until 3/9/10). I had been told that the new contract starting on 3/9/10 would reflect this. He told me the people responding to the call at the above phone number would be happy to answer my questions. I call today ad talked to Heidi in Manila this time. She wasn't too sharp and finally told me the $15+ was not a refund but an additional charge for transferring my contract to the xm radio in my new car??? What happened to my refund?? I asked her to cancel my auto pay arrangement and send me a bill for march for another year. I will decide then if we want to continue enjoing XM radio in our car.

• Al
      7th of Dec, 2010

XM Radio has HORRRIBLE non English speaking customer service who know squat. I found the number of Quest Communications and worked it out through them. Quest Communications: 1-212-584-5100

• Bo
      4th of Mar, 2011

I just had a terrible experience with XM customer service. I just watched my mother trying to cancel her membership over the phone and was transferred from representative to representative for an hour and a half. By the end of it, she couldn't bear it anymore and hung up the phone. And what's worse, she asked me to take care of the cancellation the next day.