Wrigleyville Dairy Queen / unruly manager!

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I recently witnessed a dairy queen manager threaten to assault an employee if he did not punch out and leave. I was working there at the time and witnessed the whole incident. It all started with the employee asking the manager if he could make the cones as he was on register (cones are near the register) and there were only two employees (myself and the victim) working at the time. There were many blizzards on the board and we needed help with all the orders he was putting up there. The request quickly turned into an argument as the manager started getting loud with the employee saying that he didn't have to do anything, even going so far as telling us thats what we get paid to do. This is a complaint in itself because of how badly staffed we were on a nice day. The manager then started verbally assaulting the employee with swear words at which point i told him that theres no need to start swearing at him. He then got in his face as the employee started swearing back at him (mind you the manager is 36 while the employee is 18). After a while of arguing and me trying to stop them from fighting the employee proceeds to go downstairs and grab his things. The manager keeps it going by telling him if he finds anything missing or broken downstairs that he was gonna whoop his a**. After the employee is gone, I tried to stick up for him in my following conversation with the manager.

This should be looked into because as a member of that dairy queen team i witnessed many things that shouldn't be done by a manager. As an advertised family establishment i am surprised that managers can get away with verbally threatening employees with violence, even going so far as to call a friend of his that owes him a favor to find the employee after he left. This manager still works at that dairy queen and should be dealt with. I am writing about this now because of my unjust termination from that dairy queen by that same manager. The things that he says about employees even in social conversation should not be legal. It is not based on gender or race it is discrimination against anybody that isn't him. The general manager (his boss) is also within possession of a recording of the whole incident as the dairy queen has security cameras.

This incident happened on March 13, 2008 at 8:30 P.M.

Comments

• Wh
      14th of May, 2010

At my Dairy Queen at Dixie and Flowervale in Louisville Ky. Store number 502-995-5322 the night shift manager smokes marijuana on the clock and yells and screams at people like a mad woman and everyone has seen this on night shift but lets see how many will lie for her now. Why does she still work there? As long as she is there it means there is a hole in the system. She thinks everyone will have her back and cover up for her. My campain will not end until DQ Dixie and Flowervale has a calm sober night shift manager that is respectful, so far if you resist her you get fired and some people just quit. This is not against DQ cooperate but it is cooperates responibility to find a good manager to take her place...