Woolworths Australia / service at woolworths ashfield

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Today at woolworths Ashfield while we were shopping in the chilled section in front of the milk section a boy(son of an employee)passes by and shouts ‘stealing' at us.The employee was there with him and said nothing.When my husband asks did you say something to us?She started defending him and was very rude.We went to the duty manager and she and her son started abusing us.At one point when I said you can't be behaving like this just because you work here, she comes up to hit me infront of everyone including the staffs the duty manager in front of the front desk.I broke down completely and started crying.The duty manager just stops the lady and that was it.No other further steps were taken.She lies and defends her son instead of being sorry about his actions or words?I can not believe this happened in Woolworths today with me.She was being a complete bully and racist.She was misusing her powers.This is how Woolworths treat their customers?That too an employee herself?I thought customer comes first.Seems like employees and their children comes first.Duty Manager Luke refused to say her name to us.Her name was covered as she was wearing a sweater on top.I am hurt, disappointed and disgusted.I hope this never happens with anyone else.My husband has been serving woolworths for a long time.If this ever happened in front of him he would have stood up.He/his manager never tolerates a single thing against a customer.The staffs were justifying his words saying that it's just a saying.Really?You can dictate this sayings in your home not with a customer.Calling someone stealer when he/she is not and justifying it as a saying is ridiculous.Its a shame.I have been a loyal Woolworths customer since day 1 in Australia.Never expected this.

Sa