Wireless Controller / Return of Opened Electronic

1 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

On 27 May I purchased a wireless controller. I was told that if it was opened I couldn't return it because it would be unsellable. However if I did open the controller I would not be able to return it as it would now be unsellable and I would have to go through the manufacture to get a refund and the clerk also informed me that this was the manufacturer's policy with refunds [LIE #1]. However in order to rectify my problem I opened the controller however I did not damage the box in the process, but the new controller did not fix my issue. So I packaged the controller up, and mailed it back to the manufacturer and then 10 days or so later I received the parcel back with refused on the box. I then called the manufacture to see what the issue was and they told me that POS was responsible for all returns. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and left al my particulars for their Front Store Manager. The following day I received a call from him and he told me that the manufacture would do the refund, so I called them and the Live Agent told me that the POS was responsible for all refunds [LIE #2}. The Agent sent me an e-mail stating that the POS was responsible for refunds. I then called Shoppers Drug Mart (where I purchased the item) and I was sent an e-mail from one of their people as stated below.

Dear Nathaniel,

I am sorry that we cannot help you with the return of your Xbox controller. My front store manager, Brett has given you the correct information about the return policy for this product. This policy is clearly laid out by our head office for these products. A return can only happen if the product is unopened with the receipt within 30 days. Once opened, the accessory cannot be resold therefore we cannot take it back. My cash manager Brandi, would have stated that at the time you purchased the product. If the controller is damaged it can be returned according to your warranty to Microsoft.

Sincerely,

Lorrie

If they had been upfront to me about this in the beginning (mailing the item for a refund) I wouldn’t be out the cost of mailing the parcel. Shoppers Drug Mart has a horrible return policy, I don;t see any reason why they cannaot evaluate on a case by case basis.

Ne