Whole Foods Market / molded bread

United States, California, West Hollywood Review updated:
whole foods market
West Hollywood
I worked for whole foods market for many years and have charged people premium dollars for "fresh" bread that litterally sits in a warehouse "par-baked" for weeks. It is then baked and sold as freshly baked bread. There is nothing fresh about this bread, many times I have to scrape the mold off the top before I can bake it, I NEVER wear gloves when I bake this bread--Whole foods market is an illusion and it is ripping you people off--next time I will tell you about the rotten meat they sell.

A  21st of Mar, 2009 by
Food Hole Suxks Dick! They are a huge monopoly and there mark up is so high because its all about the illusion of green chic and the quality is often questionable. I used to work for a small local independent chain that got bought out by Food Hole. Rather than become a phony "team member" I made like a rotten banana and peeled outta that place.

(By the way, nice stock value there folks, maybe because people are wising up to the fake "Whole-ier than thou" attitude.)

They even went so far as to lock the dumpster to prevent homeless and needy people from having free throw away food. "We aren't in the business of storing marginal food, " said the GM. "It's a liability!" (or is it a life necessitating resource...hmmm, you decide.) Apparently they aren't in the business of taking the small amount of time to organize giving it away to hungry people either. Take your organic vegan soy chai mate latte and blow it out your wheat-grass enema you a-holes, and then swallow and choke and meditate on it.
A  21st of Mar, 2009 by
Joan, Thanks for the 'heads-up' but why aren't "more" people aware of what's being done, as how about those who have certain conditions where things like this can make them sicker then those of us who aren't ill? I realize in this economy most people wouldn't want to 'rock the boat' so to speak, but when it comes to people's health issues I really wouldn't want to have that on my conscience, and you can never be certain when 'your' turn might come. Better safe than sorry, even if that means I'd have to find another way to do it.

Bea K