Whirlpool / whirlpool over the range microwave

US Review updated:

I purchased several Whirlpool appliances during a Kitchen remodel. One was a whirlpool over the range microwave. I've had it for less than two years. For the last couple weeks the microwave had continued to run while the door was opened. It stopped working on Thanksgiving Day while the guests were waiting for the last few things to be heated. I just recently had my Whirlpool Duet Dryer stop working. Whirlpool used to be an appliance you could count on. It seems this is no longer holds true. There is no recourse. I will no longer purchase Whirlpool products.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017

We truly apologize for the difficulty you had with your Appliances, and we can certainly understand your concerns. If you would like, please email us at [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your name, address, phone number as well as the model and serial number of the Appliances. We would be glad to further review this matter for you.

Te
Nov 24, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 24, 2017

I've owned several Whirlpool appliances and have been very happy with them. In fact, I'm quite heavily involved with the appliance industry and don't hesitate to recommend Whirlpool. It's a misnomer that good products won't break; they do. Unfortunately most products only come with a one year limited warranty, however retailers usually offer some extended warranty benefits.

Who was the retailer and have you contacted them to see what they can do? You'd be surprised as to what steps many retailers can take to help you with such problems.

Please drop a note back. I'd be interested to know.