Whirlpool / bad quality of product!

1 1300 Louis Henna Blvd.Round Rock, TX, United States

This company called a & e factory repair, which is hired by lowe's to repair appliances they sell, is totally inept, and unable to service the smallest of appliances. I purchased a whirlpool chest freezer in june 2007 from lowe's. The freezer quit working in january 2008. Lowe's informed a & e factory repair, they sent a technician to repair the freezer. He came to my house, looked at the freezer and said he needed to order parts. Another week later parts arrived and a time later the technician returns, replaces the parts and informs me that the freezer is unrepairable and would have to be replaced. This visit cost whirlpool $351.03. I purchased the freezer new from lowe's for $230.00. How does whirlpool stay in business? I called lowe's customer care line. They informed me that the technician had not entered the repair information and I would have to wait for that to happen, or call a& e repair myself. Another week goes by and still the technician has not entered the repair information. I called a & e repair and talked to three customer service rep's, a supervisor and the manager, all they could tell me is that they would have to send another technician out to verify the first technicians finding's and then report the freezer as not repairable. He would have to report the information to them from my house. So here we go again??? To this date I have lost all the meat that was in the freezer, all the time to wait on technicians, and time on the telephone, all for a chest freezer from lowe's. I would not buy any appliances from lowe's or have any dealings with a &r factory repair. What waste of time.