Whirlpool Refrigerator/Compressor / no whrilpool will not eat my loss in food

I just purchased a brand new side by side whirlpool refrigerator with ice maker in the door and water. All is well with the water and ice, but at almost 3 weeks, yes WEEKS my compressor is shot. My brand new kitchen set is ruined. I also purchased a new dishwasher at my local appliance store, and I am with out a refrigerator for three days due to the 4th of July falling on a Tuesday. I can not believe a product with such a prominent name has crapped out at such a horrible time with wasting almost $60 in meats and other misc. condiments, etc. And NO Whrilpool will not eat my loss in food, they are directing the distributor to eat that cost. WHAT A WASTE!

Comments

• Kr
      11th of Oct, 2010

Chennai – 600 023
    Mobile : 9710906929

To,

The Manager
    T.Nagar Croma & Whirlpool Pvt Ltd.
    Chennai

Dear Sir,

Sub: Request for Replacement of newly purchased fridge (Whirlpool) for acid leaking problem.

Ref: Bill No 137-51820

The Whirlpool Fridge (Double door) …………………. Was purchased in T.Nagar Croma on 29th Aug 2010 and the same was delivered to our residence on 31st Aug 2010(around 11.15 pm).

On 01st Oct 2010 we were feeling unusual smell coming while opening and closing the fridge. The next day (i.e) 02nd Oct 2010 the small was not tolerable and we decided to launch a complaint . Unfortunately that was a national holiday and we could not make a complaint. Then on 4th Oct 2010 a complaint and was made by us. With no delay we were called by an Engineer from Whirlpool for inspecting the machine and the person visited our house. He said that the water collector at the back has some water stagnated and that is the reason for the smell. He then closed the ticket and went. Again from the next day (ie- Tuesday, 05/10/2010) the problem reinstated. Second time we made a complaint and the same person attended the problem and said that there was no proper ventilation around the fridge. We again attempted for that suggestion and moved the fridge to a new location also and again we came across the problem of getting pungent acid smell coming from fridge while opening it.

We found the situation strange and were disturbed mentally and decided to switch off the fridge for the Health and Safety of our family. As we are having 5 yrs old kid, we thought it would not be safe to continue using the fridge as this may cause hazardous problem immediately or in future. We are disturbed very much of this because we come across of similar situation (gas leakage) in media and paper which leads to accidents and death.

Its been 4 times we gave complaint and no one was able to fix the problem. At last one Senior person from Whirlpool came to our residence on 7th Oct 2010 and explained that there is some problem in compressor as well problem in transit of the machine. We immediately requested him for a replacement of the Fridge and gave my views in writing to him. That person from Whirlpool convinced us that another senior person from Whirlpool will come the very next day (08/10/2010) and inspect the Fridge and will make necessary steps for replacement. Simultaneously we were liaising with T.Nagar Croma people about the problem and they also promised us that they will take care for replacement.

I would like to bring to your notice that we were not using the Fridge from 04th Oct to till date. Myself and my husband are full time employee and we are facing enormous discomfort because of non usage of refrigerator. This is really causing a major problem in our routine activities because of which there is major loss in time and money.

I am sure that you will clearly agree my point and understand the problem we are facing for last 10 days.

Request you to please intervene in this matter personally and help us in getting a replacement of the Fridge. We are very sorry to quote that we are totally dissatisfied of using this product as we are witnessing these type of strange problem. As a customer no one will compromise for these types of problems as the purchased product is a long term usage and is quite expensive also. Hence request you to please address to my request and treat the same very serious and do the needful by replacing the Fridge with a new one immediately. We are very much frustrated because of this. Hope the dealer (T.Nagar, CROMA) will take a call on our behalf and will liaise with the manufacturer for the replacement.

Awaiting your immediate action on this.

Thank you.