Whirlpool Refrigerator/Compressor / no whrilpool will not eat my loss in food

I just purchased a brand new side by side whirlpool refrigerator with ice maker in the door and water. All is well with the water and ice, but at almost 3 weeks, yes WEEKS my compressor is shot. My brand new kitchen set is ruined. I also purchased a new dishwasher at my local appliance store, and I am with out a refrigerator for three days due to the 4th of July falling on a Tuesday. I can not believe a product with such a prominent name has crapped out at such a horrible time with wasting almost $60 in meats and other misc. condiments, etc. And NO Whrilpool will not eat my loss in food, they are directing the distributor to eat that cost. WHAT A WASTE!

• hitesh5680's Response, Jul 18, 2018

Refrigerator model no WRT318FZDW02 SR NO VS71192991
    We have purchased this refrigerator from local Lowes store for our business and temperature getting too cold ( below 34 f ) even on lowest cold setting.
    I will not buy any of Whirlpool product any more. I have lost my trust on Whirlpool company.

• Washing machine's Response, Sep 09, 2018

Too many service calls for this washing machine

• Linda Reaman's Response, Oct 09, 2018

They never could fix the problem with the drawer on the freezer drawer. Wouldn't close properly and it would freeze over the back making a loud noise.

Comments

• Kr
      11th of Oct, 2010

Chennai – 600 023
    Mobile : 9710906929

To,

The Manager
    T.Nagar Croma & Whirlpool Pvt Ltd.
    Chennai

Dear Sir,

Sub: Request for Replacement of newly purchased fridge (Whirlpool) for acid leaking problem.

Ref: Bill No 137-51820

The Whirlpool Fridge (Double door) …………………. Was purchased in T.Nagar Croma on 29th Aug 2010 and the same was delivered to our residence on 31st Aug 2010(around 11.15 pm).

On 01st Oct 2010 we were feeling unusual smell coming while opening and closing the fridge. The next day (i.e) 02nd Oct 2010 the small was not tolerable and we decided to launch a complaint . Unfortunately that was a national holiday and we could not make a complaint. Then on 4th Oct 2010 a complaint and was made by us. With no delay we were called by an Engineer from Whirlpool for inspecting the machine and the person visited our house. He said that the water collector at the back has some water stagnated and that is the reason for the smell. He then closed the ticket and went. Again from the next day (ie- Tuesday, 05/10/2010) the problem reinstated. Second time we made a complaint and the same person attended the problem and said that there was no proper ventilation around the fridge. We again attempted for that suggestion and moved the fridge to a new location also and again we came across the problem of getting pungent acid smell coming from fridge while opening it.

We found the situation strange and were disturbed mentally and decided to switch off the fridge for the Health and Safety of our family. As we are having 5 yrs old kid, we thought it would not be safe to continue using the fridge as this may cause hazardous problem immediately or in future. We are disturbed very much of this because we come across of similar situation (gas leakage) in media and paper which leads to accidents and death.

Its been 4 times we gave complaint and no one was able to fix the problem. At last one Senior person from Whirlpool came to our residence on 7th Oct 2010 and explained that there is some problem in compressor as well problem in transit of the machine. We immediately requested him for a replacement of the Fridge and gave my views in writing to him. That person from Whirlpool convinced us that another senior person from Whirlpool will come the very next day (08/10/2010) and inspect the Fridge and will make necessary steps for replacement. Simultaneously we were liaising with T.Nagar Croma people about the problem and they also promised us that they will take care for replacement.

I would like to bring to your notice that we were not using the Fridge from 04th Oct to till date. Myself and my husband are full time employee and we are facing enormous discomfort because of non usage of refrigerator. This is really causing a major problem in our routine activities because of which there is major loss in time and money.

I am sure that you will clearly agree my point and understand the problem we are facing for last 10 days.

Request you to please intervene in this matter personally and help us in getting a replacement of the Fridge. We are very sorry to quote that we are totally dissatisfied of using this product as we are witnessing these type of strange problem. As a customer no one will compromise for these types of problems as the purchased product is a long term usage and is quite expensive also. Hence request you to please address to my request and treat the same very serious and do the needful by replacing the Fridge with a new one immediately. We are very much frustrated because of this. Hope the dealer (T.Nagar, CROMA) will take a call on our behalf and will liaise with the manufacturer for the replacement.

Awaiting your immediate action on this.

Thank you.

• Hi
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - ref model WRT318FZDW02 SR NO VS71192991
    Richburg

We have purchased this refrigerator from local Lowes store for our pharmacy business and temperature getting too cold ( below 34 f ) even on lowest cold setting.

• Yo
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - Refrigerator
    LAS VEGAS
    Nevada

i Purchased a Refrigerator in Sept Model WRF535SMBMB00 has given out 6 times i was promised a new one last week and am still waiting ., Please help claim #7722478338 how can i live without a refrigerator i have called every day no one ever answers have waited for over 1 1/2 hours everyday today i am up to 2 hours

• Pr
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - Whirlpool dryer
    Olathe
    Kansas

Have a washer dryer combo - My date of purchase was 12/07/17, model number WTW5000DW and serial number C74549318. I have not been able to use the dryer. Multiple rounds for one load of clothes. Called in earlier and scheduled but no one showed up at the scheduled appointment nor did I get a call to reschedule. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

• Aj
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Whirlpool - product
    India

I got old refrigerator instead of new one.

• Hq
      26th of Aug, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - I am unable to get a hold of support via phone or chat
    Poway
    California
    whirlpool.com

One of the worst customer service available. Called in their support line and waited over an hour and no answer. Went on chat and waited for over 40 minutes and no one was available to help. What kind of company is this?????

• Di
    Whirpool - cabrio washer

Purchased 2007
    Model WTW6400SW2
    SER CU3670367
    Is this rust acceptable? Not in my book. I have taken care of this washer. Had to have bearings replaced. (Known issue with this unit. My dime.) For the money I paid this is washer, ridiculous condition. Any ideas for repair before the thing starts rusting on to my clothes?

• Sy
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Whirlpool - refrigerator is not working

Date of incident is : 24/12/17
    - i don't know exactly what happened, when i opened my refrigerator it is not working.
    -So, I request you please repair my refrigerator

Whirlpool - washing machine
    Elsberry

I had a washing machine for about two years my roommate was doing laundry when it caught on fire. Ended up being the wires it melted all the inside of the washer. The fire department was called they had to throw the washer outside they also threw my dryer outside but the dryer is still working. Luckily we just had some smoke damage.

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Whirlpool - refrigerator

Refrigerator has went out 3 times WRF993FIFM00. K63220795. IS THERE A RECALL ON THIS REFRIGERATOR. It keeps frosting up and the fan stops working very unsatisfied with your product sears repair guy says you have alot of problems with this refrigerator and they don't know how to fix it 785-865-603five please call me thanks

• Wa
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - Washing machine

I have a Cabrio washing machine and have had to have it fixed at least 10 times or more the machine quits when it reaches 14minutes left the machine makes aloud knocking noise just before this machine stops

• Ni
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Whirlpool - microwave oven
    Burla
    India

I am from Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha.
    I have a whirlpool microwave which have switch problem, it is nt getting power on.
    Pl send some one to repair at my home.
    pl help me

• Li
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Whirlpool Corporation - The repair group and warranty replacement
    Coppell
    Texas

Never ever tried to fix the original problems with this refrigerator. The bottom freezer door would close correctly. They have records of how man times I called. They only want to sell their warranty service!!! Believe me you will need it! I have a job and can't be waiting on repairmen every week.
    Then the repairmen never could fix the problem.

• Su
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Whirlpool - whirlpool range-ele. s/c /double oven model no. gge388lxs04, oven d31635403
    New Riegel, Ohio

Hi I purchased this oven 8/13 and purchased an Extended Service.
    Unfortunately it has never baked even. I've had repair men out on 3 different occasions. Today I was told there is nothing else they can do to fix it. If you try to cook frozen pizza it will burn if it's not rotated. Iam sorry to say its been like this since it was purchased.

• Vi
    Whirlpool - whirlpool washer model wtw5000dw
    Houston
    Texas
    whirlpool.com

The Whirlpool Washer Model WTW5000DW does not fill up the water on “Heavy duty” & “Bulky items” regime as it shown on the instructions. As a result the cloths are not cleaned, since only half cloths are covered by the water. The company representative informed me that its part of the design. The company has zero return policy.

• Ev
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Whirlpool - ceramic glass cook-top is not able neither one (4 places), the cold water to bring really to boiling point.
    Munich, Maria-Probst-Str.6
    Germany

Hi @ Complaints Board Good morning. My Ceramic glass cook-top model no 8594410901000 serial no 141643001535 is not able to boil cold water. I've bought it in Munich on January 2017. I called customer services and a technician visited at home on Jun 21st. 2017 and advised me to buy another pot. My client n. is 5750523.
    Sincerely
    Leszek Zmitrowicz

• Cy
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Whirlpool - whirlpool white double oven range with convection at bottom
    Statesville
    North Carolina
    whirlpool.com

Can not find model number or serial number anywhere. Bought last year and burners nor oven will come on. Clock comes on but if I turn on burner programmer comes up but I can't find book to program. Once the programmer comes on it just goes completely off.

• Ra
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Whirlpool - whirlpool fridze
    Srikalahadti

Sir one time say coil is goan 800charge
    Second time say moter is goan
    Charge
    Two times repier its not working
    Custemer care talk tirupati
    Serivse not good

• Ga
      1st of Nov, 2018
    Whirlpool - gas cooker
    Dubai
    United Arab Emirates

We have purchased gas cooker of whirlpool and also purchased extended warranty. There have been some issues with cooker and the dealer and company from where we purchased are not registering or attending the complaint. Despite several contacts they are not attending us. Please advse

• Th
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Whirlpool - stainless steel side by side refrigerator freezer

The freezer door leaks water and has ruined our hardwood floor. We had it "repaired " they came to the house and replace a "warmer" I think in the panel in the back of the freezer and now it is leaking again.
    We purchased this refrigerator above 5-6 years ago from Menards and should not have this issue continue.