Whirlpool / refrigerator

1 Marietta, GA, United States

I purchased a new refrigeration 2 years ago and every 6 months the exact same problem occurs. The ice maker and freezer stops working. On 8/4/17 they stopped working again. This time in addition, when I opened the freezer section to remove food, one side of the door fell off. Each time I have called Whirlpool to troubleshoot without success. A Whirlpool rep informed me on 8/4/17 that they no longer make this model. This model is only 2 years old so I am sure it is because this model is defective. Each time I have searched their website using the model # it comes back "invalid model #" ( Model# WRF989SDAM00; S/N K22408886). I have not received a product recall. This is the forth time I have had this issue. The first time Whirlpool made repairs. The next two times I paid because it was out of warranty and now I have the same issue again. In Georgia there is an implied warranty law stating that products should do what it claims. A new refrigerator should last more than six months without issues.

I am requesting Whirlpool replace my refrigerator or refund my money.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Aug 07, 2017

Lost Bridge:
    Thank you for your review.
    We are sorry to learn of the concern you expressed regarding your refrigerator. I would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com with your name, user ID# Lost Bridge used for the website(www.complaintsboard.com), phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Lo