Having problems with Whirlpool?

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

recieving broken appliances

After being approved for a washer & dryer and delivered friday afternoon the delivery man hooked it all up...

machine doesn't

To Whom IT May Concern (CEO), I have called on numerous occasion that my washer doesn't work. They have...

very poor service

Dear
sir/mam
I am sri soumya ranjan sahoo, living in orissa bhubaneswar I am using almost all your product from last 5 years. I have purchased a whirlpool patinum window wawr18g30 | 1.5 ton platinum model on 07-04-2009, from rajpath moters bhubaneswar, after installation of a. c it's found that the front grill of a. c is not properly set, then I call back to authorized service people from whirlpool service center, they came and attain the call and try to adjust the cabinet but instead of solving the problem they damaged the cabinet and front panel grill of my brand new ac.

So I need urgently to replace of both cabinet of the ac and front grill

I am writting this mail because your authorized service people, not properly attain my grievances.

So I am requesting to you kindly look after this matter from top leavel to solve my problem as fast as possible.

Your's faithfully
Soumya ranjan sahoo
444 (p) paika nagar
Unit-8
Bhubaneswar
Orissa.
Phone:[protected]/[protected]

dissappointed with products

I am dissapointed with the Whirlpool prodects we have. We moved into a new home 4 years ago. The home had...

defective product - mass complaints

We purchased the Whirlpool Duet washer (9150) and dryer set approximately 4 yrs. ago. We do 3-4 wash loads a...

stay away from them

I asked Whirlpool for replacement part for my range/stove and was informed that it would cost me $484.00 plus $69 for special handling. This is blackmail and highway robbery combined. They gave me a clear message that they do not want to support spare part end of their business and now I have no choice but to buy from a non-American company that honors their obligation properly. And this is not the only such incident with our Whirlpool products. Previously we have had problems with their washers and dryers and received shoddy response from them.

I highly recommend people to stay away fro Whirlpool products. Period.

• Du
    Duah Apr 15, 2009

You were probably ordering a glass cooktop which normally cost anywhere from $200 - $500, plus tax + S&H, which is probably the "Special Handling" fee you were talking about. Oh and blackmail is when someone has proof that you did something you didn't want anyone to know and they make you follow through with a request to keep them from saying anything. This is not a case of blackmail, if you do not want to pay the S&H go to a local parts distributor. Stop complaining about dumb issues like this.

scratched up and does not work properly

I purchased a front loader washer and dryer from rent a center in Ironton Ohio under the conditions that they...

Ironton Appliances

waranty renewal scam

I purchased a whirlpool washing machine in the year 2007. Upon having my repair issue's & purchasing a waranty renewal agreement, (after the repurchase) I was then informed that I wouldn't be able to use the service due to other administrative details.

I called whirlpool's hot line for customer service, only to find very rude unconsiderate sales person's with little or no regard to customer service. The only human response I was to encounter that day was very rude man with small concern for a paying customer. I was literally hung up on twice, & not until I insisted on a refund was I given any decent response for my concern at all. The same man who hung up on me had the odassity to insinuate that as a costomer of whirlpool I hadn't had the comprehensive ability to use my warantty information in the correct manner, (as if there is actually a correct way) and that was actually why I was having problem scheduling service.

I am very disgustd with the experience I was forced to endure & I hope that anyone else who has had the same problem will benifit from this copmlaint.

• Du
    Duah Apr 15, 2009

This complaint was filed to the wrong company. Whirlpool does not sale any ESP, the company that handles the "Whirlpool and Kitchenaid extended service agreement" is handled by a company called AON, I've never heard of an issue like that, if you could post the phone number you called and I'll check if it's actually AON or not. Please do not file a complaint until you're sure you know who you're speaking about.

month past warranty oven quit working

January 26, 2008 we purchased a Whirlpool Built-in convection oven. Cost 1500.00. February 26, 2009 oven quit working. Have been trying to get assitance and/or answers from Whirlpool techs. But since my 1 year warranty has expired they don't even want to waste their time talking with me. Other than to tell me I should have purchased the extended warranty. Well maybe I should have, but after spending 15oo.oo for what I thought was a superior product I expected the oven to last longer than this. Especially since the Oven that was replaced was 30 yrs old (Fridgeaire) and was still working (never had a problem, didn't even replace the elements) - I just wanted to update. Bad mistake. Anyways what happened with this new oven (garbage) was the Thermal fuse failed. This is a tiny tiny part, made of aluminium and a coupla small wires (not complicated at all - probably cost 2 or 3 dollars in materials to make) so I go to Sears canada in Halifax (Parts store) and they sell me the replacement part for $85.oo) Here I am ripped off for the second time. "Fool me once - Shame on you Fool me twice - Shame on me" Good words to live by for sure. Anyways all that being said I am glad that I have had this happen when it did as I am now looking to purchase a new washer and dryer and had, up to this point, planned on purchasing the Whirlpool front loading W&D - But now I know better. You think you're spending big bucks to get a high quality product, but this is certainly not the case with whirlpool, all they have is the big price tag, and they forget the "high quality" part of the deal. One thing I hope comes out of this recession is that these manufacturers (who don't have any or very poor customer service) (take a look at GM and learn from their mistakes) won't be around for long, they are ripping off the very people they need in order to survivie. Please please reconsider before purchasing any Whirlpool product.

Signed a very very unhappy Whirlpool customer

door cracking

The door frame cracked around the front of the microwave door and ran down underneath the door front, to the back of the seal. I bought this at Lowe's and purchased the extended warranty for 4 years.

I called Lowes On 1/12/09. After being scheduled three times for someone to come - they don't show up, being promised a call back, being promised a new door, then a new mircrowave, because the price of the door was almost as much as the microwave, they called today - 2/18/09 to tell me that it was a cosmetic defect and this is not covered by the extended warranty. I asked them how they knew it was only cosmetic, since NO ONE had showed up to look at it. I got a bit cranky with them and asked to speak to a supervisor. I'm still waiting for that call.

I wouldn't buy the Whirlpool and I wouldn't buy the extended warranty from Lowes.

nomorewhirlpool Jun 24, 2009

I also have a Whirlpool over the range microwave, and the door frame cracked. I bought it al Lowes over a year ago, no more warranty. Very poor material, and we didn't abuse the unit, actually very normal and gentle use. Very disappointed. We bought this as a replacement for a GE that lasted over 10 years.

• Tu
    tumolt Jul 08, 2010

MODEL RH 1170XSQ-1 HAS A PROBLEM WITH CRACKS IN THE PLASTIC AROUND THE GLASS. CALL WHIRLPOOL AND SPEAK TO BARB 866-640-7146 XTN 6743 BEAT HER UP AND ASK TO SPEAK TO GILLETTA HER SUPERVISOR. YOU HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE TOP COVER (4 PHILLIPS HEAD SCREW) AND A t-15 BIT WHICH YOU CAN GET TO FIT A HEX EXTENTION SCREWDRIVER. IT TAKES 2 MINUTES TO TAKE THE DOOR OFF. TELL WHIRLPOOL THAT YOU WANT TO SEND THEM THE OLD DOOR. 553 BENSON ROAD, BENTON HARBOR, MI 49022 THE COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEFECTS IN MANUFACTURING. ANY USE OF A MICROWAVE PRODUCT THAT LEAKS THE WAVES IS A VIOLATION OF YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY. THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND UNDERWRITERS LABRATORIES HAVE SPECIFIC GUIDELINES. I BELIEVE WE SHOULD BE COMPENSATED, NOT CHARGED FOR DEFECTIVE AND POTENTIALLY HARMFUL PRODUCTS. THANKS, MATT

[Resolved] lowes does not support thier products

First mistake: I purchased a $$$ Whirlpool Water heater from Lowes. I paid an electrician $$$ to install it...

non recognition of extended service plan & subsequently charging for repair

I have purchased whirlpool washing machine 6th Sense, Model no.7230 on 07.04.04 bearing sl. no.INB040303429...

[Resolved] poor quality and worst customer service

We bought a whirpool slide-in range model wgy397lxub0 at an authorized retail store in mid november 2017. we received it by the end of november and we took it out of the box to check for any visible damage and there was none. we had it installed by a qualified technician after the new kitchen cabinets where in place in the begining of decembre 2017. it worked nicely during x-mas and new years eve seasons. then on january 12th, 2017, I had a misshap, I guess it can be called a fairly regular kitchen accident. I dropped a stainless steel ladle! as I grabbed and turn around I accidentally hit the frameless template glass door with the cuppart of the ladle. surprise: the glasss crumbled into thousands of tiny little pieces as I stood there in disbelief. after all a kitchen appliance shoul whistand that kind of accidents.

We inmediately called whirpool customer support center [protected] which is the only option we have over here, since we cannot request assistance online. they told us to call an authorized whirpool service and warranty shop: servimag. so we did, and to our surprise, the service rep told us that they did not had the replacement part on hand, that if it ordered from whirpool it could take up to 6 months to get it. we complained, because that is a fairly new model in venezuela, so he told us that we should call whirpool customer support center (again). to make a long story short, we spent most of last week, even on saturday, touring all known to us whirpool retailers to try to get help.in a couple of the stores they explained to us that that glass must have been suffering from material stress or fatigue, which wasn't visible because it's not suppose to break like that by the accident. so they recommended we call for the warranty, and that that was perhaps a faster way to get the problem fixed.

On monday january 19th we called again to whirpool customer support [protected] and our call was taken by a mr. ramses piña who, to our dismay told us that he did not beleive our account of the fact (as to avoid the warranty). we told him that if that was so, we just wanted to get the part to purchase it and have replaced, but he told us again that we should call the the whirpool authorized service shop (again servimag), so we did once again. but the answer was again the same. the manager told us that he will get back to us and tell us how soon could we get the part. we are still waiting for the call.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to purchase the replacement part (its comprised of three pieces) onlie. but whirpool, or any part dealer in the us ships outside the us.

In sum, poor quality of product, aand even worst customer support service or response from whirpool.

• Whirlpool's response · Jul 23, 2012

Hello Sangeeta Singh. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (Sangeeta Singh), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ra
    Raduro Jul 29, 2009

They start to make washing mashines, and not only those, to fail after the quaranty is out. Many people have the same problem with this company. The electronic memory fails to work and to fix it they charge 60% from how much I paid for it when was new.. It is a very good deal for them now, but I hope that on a long run they will lose many customers because I already shared my experience with many of my friends. I'm sorry because I didn't open my eyes earlier.

• Ne
    neerajaggarwal Aug 19, 2009

I purchased Whirpool 410 lts DLX refrigrator few months back. There is water draining out from behind. Company's service personnel told me that this is normal in these seasons (Rainy).
    Is that so? If yes, then what is the use of taking frost free when i need to clean up manualy.
    Nothing has been told by their dealer (Nayyar Electronics, Pitampura Delhi) while purchasing this product.
    Nothing has been done about it till date.

One more thing, as recommended by your service professional, I purchased voltage stabilizer also from them. It is not functioning from last 3 weeks and nothing has been done till date.

• Ly
    Lynnheo Nov 27, 2009

I bought an expensive whirpool refrigerator in july 2017, by november 2017 we have to call for repair 4 times. Their customer service is absolutely unacceptable, he kept arguing with me the problem is they called a & e services company and that company didn't do a good job of repairing the freaky fridge that they made. Yes, it is a & e corporation 's fault, not whirpool's fault! Of course, it got to be someone's fault and none of them is theirs.

Everytime the service people come to fix it, I have to spend the whole day seating around the house waiting for them, for that fridge, I missed work 4 times in 4 months!!!

No quality appliances May 02, 2012

Unreliable quality products-they make money over and over due to poor quality products replacement
    I purchased a whirlpool microwave gmh6185xvb1 9/29/2017 at lowe's and the main part that makes the unit work the magnetron and diode went out and was replaced on 5/19/2017 by a&e services. the same thing has happened again in march of 2017.
    I am also have a problem with the door on my refrigerator making a clicking noise every time opened and closed.
    I did my homework and checked the products on consumer reports prior to purchasing-rated high quality and reliability. the warranty is for one year. the parts come form china and are not worth the time to put them in. as consumers we are being scammed by the builders of expense appliances-replacement needed due to poor quality.-they get rich and we pay again and again. it is time to stand up and change things for all.

sangeeta singh Jul 19, 2012

i had bought the whirlpool mastermind double door fridge but after 2 to 3 months .the vegetables, milk, wheat gives foul smell after putting it into fridge and now a day we put wheat(aata)in fridge it is not possible to make chapatti and wheat gets damaged
    please change this fridge we had bought it from trishul agency, hardwar please change fridge as soon as possible

THANKS

• Ra
    RamYadav Jun 03, 2016

I have approached the customer care several times to get my washing machine serviced. For the first time the service engineer could not open a screw and charged me INR 760 for home visit . He came in evening and struggled till night.Finally he gave up and assured me that he will come back again the next day. It has been 7 days since then and i have been calling the customer support team in india but so far nobody turned back. These guys simply charged exorbitant amount only for guest visit at home even if they are unable to repair the machine. Worst post sales service. Never recommend any body to go for whirpool.

Ram Naresh

bad circuit board

My problem started off the same... lights flickering and buzzing noise, and when I removed all the lightbulbs the display would come back on and the buzzing would stop. I tested all the bulbs and replaced the one that was burnt out. The lights started flickering and the buzzing noise persisted. The noise and the lights finally stopped for good, after about 10 minutes of fuzzing with it. The next day I came home from work to find out that the entire frig/freezer had shut down and everthing was defrosting. It would not have been so devastating if my chest freezer hadn't quit two weeks earlier.

After reading many postings on the web, I discovered this is a common problem with Whirlpool's side by side frig/freezers. Why hasn't Whirlpool done a recall? This is poor workmanship, plain and simple. What should have been a simple lightbulb change has turned into... replacing a circuit board...replacing spoiled food and time missed from work. I bought a Whirlpool thinking I was buying the best. What a joke.

Model # GD5RHAXNB00

• Wi
    Wilmoth7 Jul 19, 2010

We have a two year old whirlpool side by side. Have to pay almost 300 bucks to replace the computer circuit board as it is not cooling as it should. Lost food. Lightning probably caused it, but some refrigerators don't have them which would be a good thing. Hated putting that money in to something that probably will mess up again. Next time, no computer in the one I buy. Very disappointed in Whirlpool.

front load washer

Well we bought the Whirlpool Deut Front load washer and dry set 4 years ago and after 2 years the washer started acting up but we managed to get by with it. After all it cost us $2400 for the set and we were not about to buy another one.
Ok to the story:
My wife was doing a load of laundry one evening and noticed a burning smell around the washer. I unplugged the unit and had a service guy in the next day to look at it. He took out the Computer control Module and opened it up only to find the circuit board was getting so hot it actually started to burn the plastic case. Here is a picture of the unit:

Now lucky for us we stayed home that evening or it could of caught fire and burned our house down. I sent Whirlpool an email stating the problem and also the picture expecting them to at least ask for the part back so they could check it out but nope, they don't care after they get your money. All I got back from them was this:
"Please accept our apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you have experienced with your Whirlpool washer."
Great company hey. Well I will never buy another one of their products again.

not so happy Feb 05, 2009

I completely agree, shortly after we bought new it was leaking from the door, it ruined our floors. Than the pump went out took forever for the service Co. to fix and the door still leaks to this day.
    ANOTHER UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

flame lock coupling

In 2003 we bought a water heater from Whirlpool. It was a 50 gallon LP water heater. We wanted a 40 gallon but the store didn't have any in stock. Two years later the thremal coupling went out on it so I had to go 35 miles one way and get a part for it, send the reciept in and get a refund from Whirlpool. Now the same part has gone again. It has been a real circus trying to get anything out of them and several phone calls to our Lowe's and Whirlpool. Every time you get a person that does not speak good english and you can half understand them. We will have to pay shipping for the part because it is a rebuild kit for the same part that went 2 years ago. Now they knew this and told us of a part we could get from Lowe's but our Lowe's has told us that they have ordered this part several times from Whirlpool and can' t get it in. Now I have ordered the part which I think is unfair since it is faulty workmen ship on the part of Whirlpool. How many times am I going to have to go through all of this. I don't recommend any one ever buy a water heater from Whirlpool nor will I ever buy one again. You can't get any customer satisfaction from them. Not only do I have to pay 15 dollars and something for overnight shipping but it takes 2 days to get it so I am without hot water again for 2 days. Why did I pay almost 300 dollars for a water heater that I have to keep sinking money into. I am so disgusted with these companies that are like this. Why are they like that and why can't we the hard workers in America ever get any that is deacent these days?

electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall

Whirlpools Gold series refrigerators have a known problem with their Electronic Control Printed Circuit...

30 comments Sugar Hill Appliances

lousy customer service

I purchased a Cabrio in February 2007. The machine never worked and the repairman sent out 3 days later said he did not know how to repair it! After pestering Whirlpool and Tasco from whom I purchased the machine for 3 weeks, I finally received a new machine a month later. This machine worked great until 3 weeks ago - it is now less than 20 months old. Because it is outside the 1 year warrenty, Whirlpool will do nothing. The extended guarantee is in force but the part is on back order. No service person has come out to check out the machine, they have diagnosed over the phone that it is a broken pump. The part was finally ordered 5 days after reporting the malfunction and I was told I was fortunate that they had been able to locate one in the U.S. Apparently the pump is on back-order everywhere and exceedingly difficult to get. However, Whirlpool refused to send it by courier, saying they weren't set up to do that - can you believe? I was told it would be a maximum 10 working days. The 10 days came and went and the liason at Whirlpool was awol. When finally tracked down 2 days later, I was told that the part had been sent to Calgary, not Toronto. Again, no one returned calls. Finally today I'm told it has been sent from Calgary and will be with the service company sometime tomorrow - Friday but maybe not til Monday or Tuesday next week...4 weeks after first being reported. Don't have any faith it will happen. Thanks Mom for letting me use your 25 year old Maytag. Don't buy another one though if it breaks because Maytag now owned by ... Whirlpool!

• St
    Stephanie Taylor Feb 23, 2010

Whirpool Cabrio washer is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned!!! I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy ANYTHING whirlpool agin!!! I have had my washer a little over 2 years and had to have it repaired twice and now it won't work because the lid won't lock. Don't ever buy this washer, sooo not worth the money!!!

• Br
    bruce rosa Apr 04, 2011

whirlpool cabrio 5600 is a mechanical flop!

• Ro
    Ron Forest Jun 25, 2011

Whirl Poo Cabrio is hunk of junk I wish I had never bought. Does not rinse clothes properly, spin cycle does not run, lid will no longer lock so the washer will not run now. Hunk of ###!

front-loading washing machine a lemon

A little over 2 1/2 years ago, I purchased a brand new front loading Whirlpool washing machine (Whirlpool LHW0050PQ) with stacking dryer. About a month ago, it stopped working (the warranty for the machine was 1 year, so it is no longer covered). The power would come on - but the machine would no longer begin wash cycles (the Start button did nothing). I had a repair person in who took several visits to diagnose the problem. In the end, it was determined that the machine required a new control panel. The control panel cost over $500. With labour, I have spent approximately $800 now. When the part was replaced, as soon as the repair person left, I did a load of laundry, only to discover that the problem still existed *exactly* as it had before. I called the repair company - who wanted to take the machine to their shop to diagnose it. What they found was that the new part had almost instantly shorted out as soon as the machine was used for the first time after replacing it. They contacted Whirlpool technical support who told them that something in the machine must be causing the short. According to the person at the repair shop that I spoke to, Whirlpool offered to give them a door latching mechanism for free for the washing machine so that they could perhaps see if it was causing the short (my repair people did install this part). In addition, Whirlpool gave me a new control panel (a new $500 part to replace the one that I bought that had burnt out - because it was still under warranty as a new part purchase). I now have the washing machine back and it seems to be working, but I have no faith whatsoever that it will continue to work for any length of time.

Here are my concerns:
- obviously, it positively sickens me that I would have to spend $800 to repair a washing machine that is only 2 1/2 years old. The washing machine was not cheap. I thought I was buying quality. This obviously wasn't the case.
- upon learning that the replacement part would cost so much, I would have just bought a new washing machine (not from Whirlpool!). However, the repair shop explained to me that my stackable Whirlpool dryer was only going to fit on top of a Whirlpool washing machine. So, to replace the washing machine would mean that I would also have to sell my dryer. Weighing the pros and cons of the situation, I decided to fix the washing machine even though it positively sickened me to give Whirlpool another cent. I find it equally repulsive that, when one buys a stackable unit, they're basically stuck if one part of it fails (this would be more acceptable, of course, if the machines lasted considerably longer than 2 1/2 years).
- when the repair person first brought the replacement part to my house, he mentioned that the replacement part was now being sold as part of a kit (control board with motor board - that's how they had purchased it from Whirlpool). He mentioned that, when parts come in a kit, it usually means the company has had problems with the part (so they sell the parts in a way that makes the many repair jobs easier). If Whirlpool has been having problems with this part, I have to wonder why they wouldn't instead compensate customers who'd bought the part in the first place. The fact that the replacement part had *exactly* the same problems as the original part makes me wonder the exact same thing.
- I have to wonder how much Whirlpool is making off of these replacement parts. It is absurd to me that any washing machine part should cost $500 - unless, of course, the company selling the part is marking up its value considerably. I really have to wonder if this isn't part of the company's business model: selling units that fail shortly after the warranty expires and then selling the parts required to fix the units at a jacked up price.
- related to the above point, the $500 replacement part has a guarantee of 3 months. Three months for something that cost over $500! In other words, if the part goes again in 4 months (and the machine's history tells me that this is a great possibility), I am completely out of luck again. I have never - ever - spent $500 on something that didn't come with a guarantee that wasn't at least a year long. You can buy a $30 toaster anywhere and it comes with at least a 1 year warranty! But I guess, considering what I believe to be their business model (see above), I'm not really that surprised by this.
- I am extremely confused by Whirlpool technical support's involvement in this. You would think that the nature of their involvement was an admission that something in the machine had caused the $500 part to go in the first place. This is especially suspect since they offered another part for free to try to make that determination. I just have to wonder why I should have had to pay $800 to replace a part that was caused by a fault with the machine in the first place.
- I have spent $800 and been without a working washing machine for over a month now. That alone is ridiculous. But, to add potential injury to insult, I now have a washing machine with parts that have proven to short out because of a deficiency with the machine. In other words, I now have to wonder if my washing machine is going to catch fire every time I use it!

I have written to Whirlpool 3 times now about this situation. All they really told me in return was that they appreciate my business and that they have added my concerns to their database. I don't think I need to explain to anyone what little consolation that has given me...

fraud

Boy, am I glad I found you! This a&e repair outfit is such a scam I am surprised a company like rca/whirlpool deals with them. Why hasn't some attorney general shut them down? I am now in the process of getting them to honor their 90-day repair warranty for repairs which I paid for less than 30 days ago. After reading all of the complaints I now know enough to stop payment by the credit card company and not let them back in my house.

Whew!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices