Having problems with Whirlpool?

Whirlpool reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review WOS51EC7AW was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint Kitchen Aid Dishwasher was resolved on Mar 15, 2021. Whirlpool has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 935 reviews. Whirlpool has resolved 555 complaints.

Whirlpool Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews

Whirlpool Inverternon functioning

I had purchsed Whirlpool Inverter on 09.2.2009 and had used it for around 01 year and then due to change of my temporary residences, I did not switch on the product for around 06 months. Now that I had shifted to my permanent residence, its not functioning. Please sent your service personnel to set right the inverter.

Whirlpool / Air - Conditioner Master Mindchange of air conditioner

After installation of new equipment no cooling effect was there.The same was informed to customer care complaint no. GB0410010177 dated 21.04.2010. Next day engineer visited and find that compresser is faulty needs replacement. the conditioner / compressor was defective since very first day of installation it was requested to replace the complete A.C, but till date no action has been taken on ground level except hope.
    Again on dated 02.05.2010 informed to customer care no. GB0510000579 And on dated 04.05.2010 having discussion with sr.executive Jyoti madam but still no action is there and we are suffering with huge difficulty.

Whirlpool Refrigerator — compressor failure

Our whirl pool refrigerator (model : ff 350l:product id:12763 350l ice m elite) purchased on 3..10..2003, i...

Whirlpool — refund of money — urgent

Sir, It is very sad to inform that after my repeated requests on cc centre chandigarh my problem is not...

Whirlpool 200 Fusion Premier - Colour - Carbon Gare-light is not burning

I have purchased a Whirl pool refrigerator fusion premier 200 ltr (colour carbon gar on 09 Apr 2000. The same was installed on 24 Apr 2010. The engineer who has installed the refrigerator informed that the e-light will be burn only after two hours. However, the same has not been functioning. The matter has been intimated to the customer care immeidately. The service engineer visited my residence on several times. Till date the same has not been rectified. The details of refrigerator is given below :

Model No. 11931
      Sl No. INC100821276
      I request you to make my refrigereator serviceble at the earliest. My E Mail id [protected]@gmail.com
      My name is S Saravana Giri

Whirlpool Corp — defective brand new refrigerator

BUYERS BEWARE The Whirlpool refrigerator I purchased from Appliances Direct on Main Street in Kissimmee...

Whirlpoolside by side refrigerator

I purchased a new Whirlpool side by side refrigerator at Lowe's in July of 04 for around $1000. In March of 09 it quit working. I called for repair, thinking it was the compressor, which was still under warranty. The repairman from A&E said it was only a relay, but it cost me $300 for the service call and an additional 1 year warranty. In Mid March of 2010, my ice maker started producing less ice. I had the freezer really full, so I moved some stuff out of it to a chest freezer. I also turned the the temperature a little cooler. I watched it for a few days, timing the cycles, and it seemed to be working, but maybe not as well as I had thought it used to. Well, the first week in April it quit completely. I called A&E, and explained my whole process of trying everything in the manual before calling them. Sorry sir, but the warranty you purchased expired(one week prior). We can send someone out to diagnose it, for $65, plus the cost to repair it and parts. Well, I live in a very small town, and I knew the repairman only lives 3 houses from me. I went to talk to him, and he wouldn't help me a bit. So much for neighbors, huh? Anyway, I found a troubleshooting site on the net, determined I needed a new ice maker, and ordered one on the net. With 2 day shipping it is $55.00. It is a 15 minute install. Never again Whirlpool or A&E

Whirlpool / Sears Kenmore Cold Spot Refrigeratorwhirlpool destroyed my home

Do not buy Sears Kenmore/Whirlpool Products. When they damage your home they will not pay claims. All they will do is say it's not their fault. So to save you from having to go through what I have had to experience, just say "No" to their appliances and buy Frigidare, Samsung or any other products. Stay away from these two evil corporations.

To see pictures of the damages - $55, 000 worth visit my facebook page - Damaged Home or send me an email at damaged.[protected]@Hotmail. com

whirlpool destroyed my home

Whirlpoollemon wash machine

We bought this wash machine in March of 08. In August of 09 it quite working completely so I called the company and after 4 service calls they "fixed" it. However, it never would spin the water completely out of the clothes and here we are in April and it will not even operate again!! They are willing to send someone out again but we have to pay the labor. Btw - the first service guy we hired said he has never seen a machine this bad and wouldn't work on it. At what point do they admit something is a lemon and provide a new machine!!!

• Na
                Naomi Sue Morris Dec 13, 2010

Bought Whirlpool washer # LSR5132PQ0 3 years ago and have been suffering with it ever since. It will not spin dry. Clothes come out soaking wet,
                and you have to wring them out before you can put them in the dryer.

THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS A WRINGER WASHER!!
                INCLUDE A WASHTUB AND A WRINGER WITH IT!

Had service man out, naturally was totally useless, said I was loading
                the clothes wrong. How do you load clothes wrong?
                He probably didn't know a washing machine from a ice cream
                machine.

NEVER - NEVER - NEVER BUY A WHIRLPOOL ANYTHING!!!

Whirlpool White Magic Washing Machineabnormal delay & poor service

Beware prospective buyewrs of whirlpool washing machines

Date : 13th april 2010.

Dear consumers,

I purchased a whirlpool white magic deluxe washing machine (Fully automatic)- chassis no. Inb [protected]/34s02 was purchased on 14th dec. 2000. There after for first time I entered with company for on sight service contract no. Hp01103870 which was registered on march 2 2005, thereafter regularly I am renewing the service contract (Amc). Again on 16-12-2007 I got renewed this vide your receipt no. 078923, and latest vide receipt no. 151342 on 12-01-2010.

I am sorry to say that while taking the service contract tall promises were made that regular quarterly checkup will be taken up, calls within next 48 hours will be attended. But since last 4 years not a single promise was kept. Even the calls were also not attended satisfactorily. Every time any service call was made we specifically mentioned on the attending slip about the unsatisfactory service.

On 03rd feb 2010 (Comp. No. 1523) I made a complaint about water leakage and male functioning of some switches. Though the call was attended but neither water leakage problem was fully rectified nor the faulty switches were replaced.

Again for the same problem I lodged complaint on 12th april 2010, a young gentleman attended the complaint but his skill was not good. Instead of rectifying the problem he made the machine unusable and water started overflowing. Further he broke a panel for dispensing the detergent. When I sought help from the dealer from whom I purchased the machine I was told that track record of whirlpool company for providing after sales service is very bad. Even if I appraoch to the company no efforts will be made for resolving the issue.

I paid a hefty sum of rs. 4, 000.00 (Approx.) to keep the machine trouble free, but not for inviting the mental tension. Whirlpool is a company of international repute and it is shameful to cheat the small consumers in such manner.

Even when I tried to give a writted complaint at sheetal electronices, company apponited authorised service centre, the person refused to take the complaint and directed me to go to the local branch/distributor's office in cherlapally. Forcing which I faxed the letter to phone no. [protected] immediately.

But a technician mr. Khalique standing nearby intervened and assured me that he will visit my premises and try to rectify the defect. Though he visited my premises and replaced some defective switches but the leakage problem remained as it is for want of spare parts. He confiremed that due to the breakge of panel holding detergent tray the leakge problem can not be rectified. He said that he will call the head office and request for replacement of defective and broken part.

I recd a phone call today from chennai no. 044-[protected]. A lady enquired about the rectification of complaint. When I told her about the pending defects she also just told me that she will revert back.

I am not sure when the machine will become trouble free.

I request all the buyers of whirlpool home appliances products to think well before

Thanking you.

Yours truly,

(Rampal attal)

Cc. To
              1. Times of india, public grievances cell (With a request to publish this to make cautious the consumers)
              2. District consumer forum for taking up the case (With xerox copies of all relevant papers)

Whirlpool Wfw9400sw01 — unimpaired washing machine

We bought a brand new condo and our machine never worked. So far, we've had a service technician, 2...

Whirlpool / Air Conditionno installation done for new product

Hi Sir/Madam,

I have bought Whirlpool chrome Air Condition on 11th April 2010 in Vivkes show room, and register for demo and installation on the same day. They promised the installation will be done by the next day, still they coming for installation. Its was about three gone. Daily am calling to them and asking but they giving the same response will come next day for installation. Really a worst customer service which i ever seen in any other company. Its very pathetic. Requesting you to take immediate action in this regard.

Registeration Msg from Whirlpool:
                Code: 053
                SR Number: CN0410026314

Regards,
                Rajkumar M

RESOLVED

• Whirlpool's response · May 18, 2012

Hello Air.C. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your air conditioner. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintBoard), your user ID name (Air.C.), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ai
                    Air.C. May 10, 2012

I hereby inform Whirlpool service that I have purchase a 1.5 ton A.C. from Maya ELECTRONICS. Address of Basudevpur, Sankrail, Howrah, W.B. 15 days ago.
                    But how sad the machine still now not in running. I was complain on your customer care no [protected] two times .complain no -kl0412018070 & kl0512001376 but no result at all.
                    So sir, my humble request to customer care please take a necessary action immediately as soon as possible.

Whirlpool Genius Xl Refrigeratorreebok wrist watch received as complement is not in working condition

The Reebok wrist watch received as complement while puchasing Whrilpool Genius XL Refrigerator from M/s Nikshan Electronics, Nikshan Arena, Bank Road, Kannu-1, Kerala on 27th March 2010 (Bill No.02929 Invoice No. A33491 dated 27th March 2010, was not in working condition. When the same was brought to the notice of the dealer, I was informed that they were in a position to do anything in this regard.

• Mu
                      muntiyaz saifi Jun 23, 2011

dear sir
                      we are purchase the refrigerator of whirlpool genius @rs 13500 .we are buy the refrigerator 14 sep 2010.this refrigerator are do not working properly. please changed our refrigerator.faridabad/indra-nagar s.co-2nd plant/1/18/

Whirlpool Washerwhirlpool washer

Have been having trouble with our Whirlpool washer for almost 2 yrs. Practically from day one. Have had servicemen from Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, work on washer and sometimes only give advise. One of the servicemen finally showed us how to reboot unit. Sometimes it takes several times to get it up and working. Whirlpool did extend the warranty once, since the problem had not been resolved.

Following is my email to Whirlpool and their returned comments:
                    We purchased a Motor Home June 25 2008 and began having problems with our washer soon after purchase, stopping during spin cycle. About the 3rd service call the repair man explained how to reboot the machine. We had machine serviced under warranty in Minden NV, Island Park ID, and Phoenix AZ. Warranty was extended once. We are still experiencing the same problem. It would seem only reasonable that the machine should be replaced after this much aggravation. Not only will it not be replaced, but warranty has been terminated. This after repairs have been to no avail. Very disappointed in product and your company.

Thank you for visiting the Whirlpool web site. We appreciate hearing from you.

We are sorry for the issues you are having with the Whirlpool washer, which is past the manufacturer's warranty. However, because we truly value you as a loyal customer and as a goodwill gesture, we will be pleased to send you any parts needed at 50% off the original cost. Please ask the service company which parts they recommend, then call us at [protected], informing us which parts need to be ordered. We will then reduce the price 50%, and the rest of the cost will be put on a credit card furnished by the consumer.

You are a valued Whirlpool customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this washer concern may have caused.

My response:
                    To my knowledge, all serviceable parts have been replaced. I cannot see any value in your offer, especially after 8+ service calls. I don't believe my spending time and money on another service call would be to any avail. I will however post on several RV forums your past service and new offer.

Their response:
                    Thank you for your reply. We apologize that we have not been able to fully meet your expectations.

My response:
                    I don't believe you have met your obligations, I assumed I was purchasing a product that would work.

CC:
                    Woodalls
                    Good Sam
                    Coach Net

Martin Mottwiler Aug 21, 2014

We bought a whirlpool DUET front load washer a few years ago. From day 1, when it went in spin cycle, it shook the whole house. Went back to the store and complained. They told us we needed to install foam cushions under the the feet. Still shook. Now the bearings went out on the drum. Called whirlpool, got transferred 3 times until I found out the parts are not available. WHAT?? No parts available for a 4 year old machine? I thought a manufacturer was responsible to supply parts on their product for 7 to 10 years?? I guess being as big as whirlpool, you can get away with telling your customers, "sorry about your luck" ! I am forced to purchase a new washer, but it will DEFINATELY NOT BE A WHIRLPOOL!

• Lu
                        lucy pottruff Oct 04, 2011

my washer has been down since sept6/11 they needed to order 2parts for the washer. on sept12/11 they called me to tell me one part is on back order until oct12/11. that is not satifactory to me i have 5 kids to do laundry for and my mother is a senior that i need to do her laundry every second day. since sept 12/ 11 i have been getting the run around between whirlpool and transglobe. i, am spending a week $50.00 going to the laundry mat to do laundry.whirlpool has denied replacing my washer now i, m very stressed i purchased the washer march /2011 i need a new washer this week as you are taking food away from my kids. because i, m spending it on going to do laundry. i have a letter from doctor due to the stress with whirpool. if something is not done by the end of the bussiness day today i will go to the better bussiness bereau. Thank_you lucy pottruff never thought whirpool was like this treating there customers with such poor service i want a new washer by wed oct5// or come and pick up the washer and dryer and refund me my money back

• Vi
                        Viet Nam Vet from Layton May 21, 2011

Maybe they've changed manufacturing sites. We recently replaced a Whirlpool top loader to get a front loader (works better on large spreads than an agitator type). The washing machine was still working after about 18 years with two small problems, worn sprag gear in the top agitator and internal rust on the case due to age and clorox. We kept the matching dryer that is still going strong.

dean_rollo Mar 17, 2011

Dear 123321 in Des Moines, thanks for your feedback. I didn't ask for nor expect anything from Whirlpool. Simply notifying them and anyone else that read this board of my unhappiness. Warranty or not, my expectations were (and still are) high. If WP can't live up to my expectations, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

dean_rollo Mar 15, 2011

(My posting to whirlpool.com website)

Dear Whirlpool Corporation,

I'm contacting you to let you know that I am very unhappy with the durability and longevity of your washer "Cabrio Automatic Washer" Model # WTW6300SW1, Ser # CT4072078, purchased new in October 2006 from Lowes Home Improvement. It was first repaired in June 2008 when the electronic control board went out. Happily, your company split the cost of this repair even though the warranty had just ended.

However, within the last 9 months, the washer began making a VERY loud noise during the spin cycle. We called a repairman ($60.00 out of pocket) and were advised that the main bearing was bad and the estimated cost of repair was going to be around $450.00. This over half the cost of the washer when we purchased it. This is entirely unacceptable and I expected more from this unit when I purchased it. This unit replaced a Kenmore that had run for over 20 years with not a single repair. Again, I expected this Whirlpool to perform just as long as the Kenmore it replaced. I will not be repairing this washing machine, but will be replacing it with something other than a Whirlpool.

I cannot know if you have had other complaints, but be assured that I will advise my friends and family members not to purchase this brand.

Signed,
                        Disappointed in Rock Hill SC,

Whirlpool Microwavepoor service/warrenty

We purchased a Whirlpool over-the-range microwave in August of 2017 (model # WMH1162XVQ2). In February, it quit heating food. I called warrenty information and they dispatched A&E to services. They did not come with the parts, so they ordered them. The parts never arrived, so I called Whirlpool, and they re-ordered the parts, telling me they would arrive together and to call for service when I got the package. I followed the instructions, and called when the parts arrived. I took another day off of work to meet the repairman only to find the parts that came were not the right parts. It has been a month and a half, and I am waiting once again for parts. When they come, I will need to take a third day off of work to meet the repairman. I told the customer service person it would have been cheaper and faster to just replace the mircrowave rather than dispatch a repairman from 60 miles away three times and annoy a customer with two months with a broken product. She said that was not their policy and, get this, extended my warrenty for 6 months. I told her it was a good thing, because it looks like the original warrenty (which expires in 4 months) won't last long enough for them to fix the first problem.

• Tn
                          TNfamily Feb 18, 2011

On the 3rd day of owning my Whirlpool Gold Microwave, it stopped working and gave a code F7-Call for Servicing. I won't go into all the details, but tell you that four months later, I have had people to my house 9 times to try to diagnose/fix the problem. Every electronic part on the microwave has been replaced and they are trying to do a second round of replacing the same parts. The last two times they ordered the replacement part, the wrong part was sent. I am on day 37 without a microwave. The exchange department has denied the request to exchange. Every time I call customer service, they give me the runaround. I will NEVER buy a Whirlpool product again.

Whirlpool Energy Smart Water Heaterfaulty control panel fire hazard

Have had to replace the control panel two times. Recently the faulty control panel caused wires to burn in the control panel.

Big Bazaar Whirlpool Washing Machinedelivery not on time

I purchased a whirlpool washing machine from big bazaar on jan 26. even after 10+ days and 100s of phone calls & delivery dates, big bazaar has failed to deliver the product to my address. big bazaar sucks. it's a shame how an inefficient organization like big bazaar is still flourishing in 21st century.

Bottomline: never buy a product from big bazaar which needs to be deliverd at your home!

Deepak Mathur_IBS Feb 06, 2010

I too agree with these remarks. I had purchased an iron Bed from Ahmedabad store on 31 jan 2010, and was promised the delivery within 4 days, but till date there is no response from the store, customer care and manager. Pls dont buy from Big Bazaar. They are mean, selfish and unprofessional fellows.

• Bn
                              BNS Feb 06, 2010

Stay away from BIG BAZAAR.

Whirlpool Gold Refrigeratordefective unit when brand new

I bought a whirlpool gold refrigerator from Low's late October 2009 and it was delivered a few days later. It worked for first few weeks. Then I took an 3-week vacation and it surprised me when I got home. The refrigerator completely stopped working. All the ice melt and everything inside (pork, chicken, sea food, beef, ...) spoiled. The liquid mixture filled up the bottom of the refrigerator and soaked my hardwood floor in the kitchen. The floor was stained and distorted. The kitchen smelled terrible. I had to throw away all the food and work hard to clean up the huge mess. I was really upset.

I called Low's and they delivered another one of the same model. Now I
                            don't know how long this one can last. The terrible look and smell of the bad refrigerator surprised the Low's delivery guys and their managers.

I have been contacting whirlpool customer service since the accident by email for last couple of months and they provided no help at all. They basically take no responsibility claiming I did not buy their extended warranty. They seemed really don't care about the customers. "Go and find out what your home owner's insurance will say" is the only answer l got from them.

Whirlpool — outrageous charge for service call for job performed

We own a 4-1/2 year old Whirlpool Duet washer, which over the last few months started giving us computer...

Mauldin

Whirlpool / Duet Washerunreliable

Purchased a Duet Washer/Dryer combo unit THREE years ago. Washer stopped working and had to replace it entirely. It would have cost more to fix it. The thing that gets me upset is that I THOUGHT I was purchasing a reliable, long lasting product since it cost me an arm and a leg! The washer only lasted for three years! I believe that is considered "just broken in". In my opinion, these companies do NOT want products to last for a LONG TIME anymore. Those days are gone. Do your research by word of mouth or go online before purchasing ANYTHING nowadays. The reviews are out there! Listen to what people are saying.

• As
                                  Aspromallis Oct 28, 2012

My microwave caught on fire.(see attached Picture)