Copy of Notice sent to Whirlpool of India Limited:
Whirlpool of India Limited
A - 6 Vaitalik, USO Road
Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi 110 067
Under instructions and on behalf of our client Mr. Adarsh Chugh s/o Late Shri B.R.Chugh resident of 65 - A Taj Road, Agra 282 001, we have to serve upon you with the following notice :
1. That our client purchased one Whirlpool Refrigerator Model 6562 Serial no. INK 032239067 310 Litres on 09-07-2003 from Bharat Agencies 19 - A Taj Road Sadar Bazar Agra Cantt 282 001 Vide their bIll no BVBA / 627 dated 12-07-2003 and paid an amount of Rs. 12701/- for the same.
2. That soon after the purchase of the said Refrigerator, our client observed that the Refrigerator was giving problems and the same was brought to the notice of the concerned dealer who agreed that it was a manufacturing Defect and our client was assured about the problem that the same would be attended shortly. Similar assurance was given by Whirlpool India Authorized Service Centre Agra .
That thereafter our client had been making repeated requests to your Company as well as your Dealer to do the needful but in vain. Our client made these requests at least on 4 occasions verbally as well as in writing during the past three years and he is in possession of the copy of communication got hand delivered to your dealer.
3. That in the normal course of business, the needful should have been done within 15 days from the date of our client's original complaint. Now since the past 4 days the refrigerator has stopped working altogether. On enquiry the representative of the dealer mentioned that the Compressor of the Refrigerator would have to be changed. Had timely action been taken this situation would have not arisen.
4. That our client fails to understand why no action was taken on his several verbal and written requests for timely redressal of his grievance.
5. That as a result of negligence on the part of Whirlpool of India Limited and their Authorized dealer, our client and his family have undergone continuous mental torture and agony apart from loss of face and financial loss.
6. That had our client ever visualized that such a reputed Company like yours would be providing inefficient services, he would have given a second thought prior to purchasing products of your Company.
7. That as a result of lapse on the part of you noticee, our client feels cheated on account sub standard services and Unfair Trade Practices being followed by you noticee of repute and our client had never in his wildest dreams thought that he would be provided with such deficient, sub standard and poor services as a consumer. He has never been favoured with any proper reply in this matter in response to his verbal and written requests. It would also not be out of context that our client apart from this met the Branch Manager of your Service Centre too personally in this matter who too failed to provide any relief.
8. That from the above facts it is very clear that people managing the Company are highly incompetent and unable to keep a track on the services being provided to the consumers and Junior cadres play their superiors on a sustained basis which should be a matter of great concern.
9. That you are herewith called upon by means of this notice to look into the matter for removal of the grievance of our client forthwith and give suitable and satisfactory explanation within 7 days from the date of this notice as to why the Complaint of our client was not attended to for such a long period.
You are FURTHER called upon to make payment of Rs. 25,000/- ( Rs. Twenty Five Thousand )towards mental torture, agony and loss of face suffered by our client because of deficient services ALONG WITH Rs. 5500/- ( Rs. Five Thousand Five Hundred ) being the cost of this Notice, within seven days hereof, failing which our client shall be left with no option than to take up the matter at various relevant platforms and also take suitable legal action,entirely at your cost and risk, without any further reference to you, of which please take a note.
A Copy of this Notice has been retained for records.
( Arun Khurana )