Whirlpool / poor customer service
We bought microwave (wmh3205xvs) on 02/25/12. we paid for professional installation because it is otr. the microwave was installed on 02/28/12. on 03/18/12, the microwave quit working. the exhaust fan and the fan that runs while in use quit working. on 03/19/2012, I called whirlpool, and they sent out a local contractor to fix it. they came out on 03/22/12. the tech had to order 5 parts for the microwave! 5 parts! he said he would be back on 03/29/12 at the same time (afternoon). they were a no call/no show. on 03/30/12, I called 3 times during the day about the status of my parts and they still couldn't find them. so, I called whirlpool and they said that their delivery wasn't in yet and I should call the next day. so, I had to wait over the weekend. I called the contractor on 04/02/12 and they still didn't have any information. on 04/03/12 I called again, and they had the part but the only way they could install it was in the morning. so, my son had to take off from school. yep, you guessed it, wrong part! I called whirlpool on 04/04/12. the customer service rep did a 1-2 priority shipping on the part. on 04/10/12, I called whirlpool and said I did not hear anything about my part. so, whirlpool called the contractor and yes, they ordered the wrong part again! so, another priority 1-2 day shipping of my part was on the way! on 04/17/12, I called whirlpool and said I haven't heard about the part. they called the contractor and said the part was in. so, it's almost closing time and we had to call the contractor. they said they had to check with a tech and that I should call the next day. on 04/18/12, after much argument, they said they would come out on 04/23/12! so, because of whirlpool and this contractor, I was out of my brand new microwave for 37 days. the contractor said that whirlpool was to blame because the schematics were wrong for the part. whirlpool blamed the contractor because of their poor service. to summarize, whirlpool customer service, "understands my frustration." yeah, I would like to see any of them in the call center go 37 days without a microwave! whirlpool should be ashamed of themselves. 37 days! and no one treated us with any compassion or priority. whirlpool should be fined for this treatment of their consumers.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products