Whirlpool / Maytag / quality and continual repairs

Benton Harbor, MI, United States Review updated:

I have a Maytag Dishwasher model MDB7749SAB1 purchased and installed by Lowe's. I have had to replace the control panel 3 times and none were under warranty over the 40 months I have owned this dishwasher. This is not an inexpensive part and service call. Whirlpool/Maytag says that they will log my concerns in their system. That really does not help anyone thinking about purchasing a Maytag appliance. I was a Maytag fan but they are not what they use to be. Don't be fooled by their reputation or advertising. They don't last and Whirlpool customer service does not help at all.

Th
Aug 15, 2016

Comments

• Ro
      Oct 26, 2016

I also have a Maytag dishwasher less than 3 years old and the control panel no longer works. My old dishwasher was a GE and lasted for 13 years with no problems. Looked for the serial number to get a new control panel and it doesn't even exist (MDB7749AWB1). No way to talk to a live person, which is absolutely ridiculous. Guess complaint's and problems are so high they just don't deal with customer's. I have bought the last Maytag product in my lifetime and will make it public to as many people as possible.