Whirlpool India / Refrigerator / very poor after sales services and no customer respect
I purchased a refrigerator i. e. whirlpool ref 310 l deluxe iceberg steel, model no. ina 64010450 from kbm electronics, lakshmi nagar dated 20th october 2006. the refrigerator was defective in terms of cooling capacity and despite keeping it on full scale it does not cool items. we realized it very late as the fridge was bought in winters and we were unaware of the defect as not much cooling is required in winters.
But as summers started, items in this refrigerator started decaying and till date it is totally ineffective in terms of cooling. I lodged several complains to the whirlpool consumer service center (consumer service h. o., 28, n. i. t. faridabad, haryana) but every time the support engineer comes and promises that they have fixed the problem. but the problem is still there and on top of that defrost water has started leaking out of the refrigerator. the forms filled by the service engineers do not provide enough details of the problem and the fix made.
We have been chasing whirlpool consumer service for so many months and did not get any relief. sometimes we lodged complain and the engineer did not turn up for 2-3 weeks in spite of reminding the center several times. they do not have a very good complain resolution process and the engineers misguide the consumer and get away without any solution to the problem.
Finally I lodged a consumer complain in the dist court but the response from whirlpool india is shocking. they have no respect for consumer and used lawyer to twist facts and used false claims to make the case in their favour. I will fight this case to the highest authority and make them realise that they need to offer the same services to indians as what they provide in western countries.
So far I it has been 13 months and I have not used my refrigerator after paying them rs 19, 500 (500usd). I do not know how long the wait is. my recommendation is that although whirlpool is a good brand but their after sales is lowest grade. never go for whirlpool.
More Whirlpool India / Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - no se si entiendan español pero compre un refrigerador el mes pasado y es hora que no ha llegado es eso una compañía sería de verdad??? 
- Whirlpool - refrigerator model wrt311fzdm
- Whirlpool Corporation - machine not repaired since 3 months
- Whirlpool Corporation - jennair grates and heating element replacement kit
- Whirlpool Corporation - whirlpool dryer