Whirlpool India / Refrigerator / very poor after sales services and no customer respect

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a refrigerator i. e. whirlpool ref 310 l deluxe iceberg steel, model no. ina [protected] from kbm electronics, lakshmi nagar dated 20th october 2006. the refrigerator was defective in terms of cooling capacity and despite keeping it on full scale it does not cool items. we realized it very late as the fridge was bought in winters and we were unaware of the defect as not much cooling is required in winters.

But as summers started, items in this refrigerator started decaying and till date it is totally ineffective in terms of cooling. I lodged several complains to the whirlpool consumer service center (consumer service h. o., 28, n. i. t. faridabad, haryana) but every time the support engineer comes and promises that they have fixed the problem. but the problem is still there and on top of that defrost water has started leaking out of the refrigerator. the forms filled by the service engineers do not provide enough details of the problem and the fix made.

We have been chasing whirlpool consumer service for so many months and did not get any relief. sometimes we lodged complain and the engineer did not turn up for 2-3 weeks in spite of reminding the center several times. they do not have a very good complain resolution process and the engineers misguide the consumer and get away without any solution to the problem.

Finally I lodged a consumer complain in the dist court but the response from whirlpool india is shocking. they have no respect for consumer and used lawyer to twist facts and used false claims to make the case in their favour. I will fight this case to the highest authority and make them realise that they need to offer the same services to indians as what they provide in western countries.

So far I it has been 13 months and I have not used my refrigerator after paying them rs 19, 500 (500usd). I do not know how long the wait is. my recommendation is that although whirlpool is a good brand but their after sales is lowest grade. never go for whirlpool.

Comments

• As
      4th of Sep, 2009

It is pity that Whirlpool, a world known company, is offering their products in India with faulty system. I bought Double Door fridge in July, 2008 and since then no one from the company/Service center has bothered to visit to check this machine. Unfortunately it stopped cooling and i lodged the complaint under no.DL0909002665. Visiting charges of Rs.394 should not be charged/applicable as it is not customer's fault.It is company's fault for offering the faulty system. If the machine is stopped working almost after a year it means that the products are of not good quality. It means their product reliability is very poor. I will sorry to say that the customers in India are cheated by offering faulty system which starts giving problem just after one year. Please look into the matter so that others should not suffer like me. It is really a very humiliating experience by buying such a branded product from one of the leading companies in this field.