Whirlpool Estate Electric Dryer Model Eed4400Wq0 / faulty construction, stopped working after just 1 year!

Murphy Appliance, Owensboro, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 270 683 7396

Be ware of the whirlpool estate electric dryer model eed4400wq0.
We paid almost 400 dollars in november 2010, and after normal use [family of 2]
The motor burned out. Unfortunately I lost my job the month the one year warranty ran out, so we were late in adding out stupid dollars to the millions and probably billions whirlpool makes on the back side of selling cheaply made, defective appliances.
Although the store rep admitted we got a lemon, and that one year of normal usage should in no way cause this type of malfunction, well... Talk is cheap, and we got stuck with a product the company and the retailer will in no shape or form, stand behind.
We have learned 2 lessons, don't trust the name whirlpool for quality [as we did in the past] and don't think being a loyal customer and spending thousands of dollars over the years at murphy appliance will matter.
What matters? Much like car dealers making billions on "service after the sell"...
That's where the money is for appliances too.

Comments

• Wp
      17th of Apr, 2012

Hello Chase Dexter. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dryer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to whirlpool.[protected]@whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.