Whirlpool Corp / stay away from them

I asked Whirlpool for replacement part for my range/stove and was informed that it would cost me $484.00 plus $69 for special handling. This is blackmail and highway robbery combined. They gave me a clear message that they do not want to support spare part end of their business and now I have no choice but to buy from a non-American company that honors their obligation properly. And this is not the only such incident with our Whirlpool products. Previously we have had problems with their washers and dryers and received shoddy response from them.

I highly recommend people to stay away fro Whirlpool products. Period.

Pa

Comments

• Du
      15th of Apr, 2009

You were probably ordering a glass cooktop which normally cost anywhere from $200 - $500, plus tax + S&H, which is probably the "Special Handling" fee you were talking about. Oh and blackmail is when someone has proof that you did something you didn't want anyone to know and they make you follow through with a request to keep them from saying anything. This is not a case of blackmail, if you do not want to pay the S&H go to a local parts distributor. Stop complaining about dumb issues like this.